Rob Weiss, FCS Update
1. Richmond Spiders vs. 12. Massachusetts Minutemen
Richmond has played quite a few close games this season. This should be another one. Massachusetts is looking for a big win to guarantee a playoff spot. Close, but no cigar.
Richmond Spiders 27 Massachusetts Minutemen 21
2. Montana Grizzlies at Sacramento State Hornets
Montana is still undefeated on the season. No reason this should change on Saturday unless The Griz are too busy thinking about their Halloween match-up with Weber State.
Montana Grizzlies 38 Sacramento State Hornets 10
3. Southern Illinois Salukis vs. Youngstown State Penguins
Southern Illinois is riding high from last weeks’ win over UNI. The MVFC is theirs for the taking. SIU stays focused and wins without much of a scare.
Southern Illinois Salukis 31 Youngstown State Penguins 20
4. VillanovaWildcats vs. Rhode Island Rams
Villanova posted a shutout on James Madison last week. I could see a second shutout in a row this weekend.
VillanovaWildcats 35 Rhode Island Rams 3
5. Northern Iowa Panthers at 11. South Dakota State Jackrabbits
The Panthers are reeling after last weeks loss to Southern Illinois. If the Panthers play like they did last week they will lose. I think they right the ship.
Northern Iowa Panthers 34 South Dakota State Jackrabbits 24
6. William & Mary Tribe vs. James Madison Dukes
The Tribe looks to keep the season going in the right direction. The Dukes are looking for anything at this point. The season outlooked changed for James Madison very quickly. William and Mary is too much for the Dukes to handle.
William & Mary Tribe 28 James Madison Dukes 10
7. Elon Phoenix at Chattanooga Mocs
Elon heads to Chatty coming off of a bye week. The Mocs are much better than expected in 2009. We’ll see how improved Chattanooga is this week.
Elon Phoenix 35 Chattanooga Mocs 14
8. New Hampshire Wildcats at Hofsta Pride
New Hampshire suffered its first loss last week. Won’t be two in a row.
New Hampshire Wildcats 38 Hofsta Pride 7
9. Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Georgia Southern Eagles
Who knows what to expect in this rivalry?
Appalachian State Mountaineers 38 Georgia Southern Eagles 24
10. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats
Lumberjacks are coming off of a huge win at Central Arkansas. They keep their SLC streak going in this one.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 45 Sam Houston State Bearkats 21
11. South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. 5. Northern Iowa Panthers
See 5. Northern Iowa Panthers
12. Massachusetts Minutemen at 1. Richmond Spiders
See 1. Richmond Spiders
13. Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Eastern Illinois Panthers
The Gamecocks aim to prove they are the best OVC team in 2009. I think they do. Unfortunately they are ineligible for the playoffs.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks 31 Eastern Illinois Panthers 14
14. South Carolina State Bulldogs at Hampton Pirates
Current MEAC leader takes on the historical MEAC leader. Should make for a decent game.
South Carolina State Bulldogs 35 Hampton Pirates 21
15. McNeese State Cowboys vs Southeast Louisiana Lions
McNeese looks to improve their resume on the way to a playoff birth.
McNeese State Cowboys 24 Southeast Louisiana Lions 10
16. Central Arkansas Bears vs. Nicholls State Colonels
Nicholls State is having a rough year. It only gets worse as Central Arkansas gets back in a groove after their close loss to SFA.
Central Arkansas Bears 38 Nicholls State Colonels 7
17. Weber State Wildcats at Northern Colorado Bears
The Bears will be lucky to keep it within 3 scores.
Weber State Wildcats 35 Northern Colorado Bears 7
18. Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens BYE
19. Cal Poly Mustangs vs. Dixie State (D-II)
Cal Poly Mustangs 28 Dixie State 7
20. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks vs Idaho State Bengals
NAU is fighting for a playoff spot. Could get ugly.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 45 Idaho State Bengals 10
21. Colgate Raiders at Holy Cross Crusaders
Patriot playoff bid on the line. Colgate is exposed.
Holy Cross Crusaders 35 Colgate Raiders 17
22. Furman Paladins at The Citadel Bulldogs
Furman needs a win to stay in the playoff hunt.
Furman Paladins 24 The Citadel Bulldogs 17
23. Eastern Washington Eagles vs. Montana State Bobcats
Should be a battle for 2nd place in the Big Sky. This game is part of the battle.
Eastern Washington Eagles 38 Montana State Bobcats 21
24. Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Austin Peay Governors
The Colonels keep fighting for the OVC autobid.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels 35 Austin Peay Governors 7
25. Liberty Flames at Charleston Southern Buccaneers
Liberty Flames 28 Charleston Southern Buccaneers10
Montana (3-0), Weber (4-1) and Northern Arizona (3-1) are currently 1-2-3 in Big Sky conference standing. Eastern Washington (3-2) is in FIFTH place due to its two conference losses and is currently competing with Montana State (3-1) for FOURTH place in the Big Sky, not 2nd place.
no that it matters much but Cal Poly beat Dixie 44 to 14