Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Moms for Power Throuples

Post by kalm »

All you need to know about the DeSantis crusade, book bans, Moms for Liberty, and projection. :lol:
Wouldn’t it be ironic if the woman who led an ultra-conservative movement in Florida education that sought to put gays back in the closet was having a long-term, three-way lesbian relationship with a lover she shared with her husband, the state’s GOP chairman?

The Zieglers were considered a quickly rising power couple — close collaborators of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and also supporters of ex-President Donald Trump. But while he talked tough and boisterously, she seemed to be the real the mover and shaker. The group she co-founded in the name of “parental rights” — credited with banning school books featuring gay characters and Blacks confronting discrimination in a predominantly white society — has spread nationwide at a vertiginous rate: 300 chapters in 48 states in two years. Even in liberal California, the misnamed Moms for Liberty and supporters attempted to purge a social studies textbook that contained a biography of legendary San Francisco gay-rights leader Harvey Milk. “We are fighting for the survival of America . . . ,” the group claims in its literature. Such loyalty to an agenda that’s also the governor’s has been generously rewarded. DeSantis not only endorsed Bridget Ziegler’s school board candidacy, but he gave her a seat on the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors. This is the agency formed after the dispute with Disney World over its corporate criticism of the “Don’t Say Gay” law banning sexual-identity discussion in schools and following the termination of Disney’s Reedy Creek special taxing district operational agreement with the state.
Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... rylink=cpy
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Moms for Power Throuples

Post by SeattleGriz »

:ohno:

From the article:
allegation being made about Bridget Ziegler — co-founder of far-right Moms for Liberty and a Sarasota School Board member — by an unnamed woman
If only it was some "official" who was unauthorized to make the statement, it would be so much more believable.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:03 am :ohno:

From the article:
allegation being made about Bridget Ziegler — co-founder of far-right Moms for Liberty and a Sarasota School Board member — by an unnamed woman
If only it was some "official" who was unauthorized to make the statement, it would be so much more believable.
Isn’t that unnamed woman the one who was raped?

And there’s reportedly a 911 call and there is video of the…sexual relationship.

Not sure these are the people you want to defend.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:30 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:03 am :ohno:

From the article:

And there’s reportedly a 911 call and there is video of the…sexual relationship.

I can't think of any power couples involved in politics I would defend, so we agree there. I'm simply pointing out it's an unnamed source used to justify an article that relied on, "if true" multiple times. It's driving a narrative before anything has been established as truthful or not.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:12 am
kalm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:30 am

I can't think of any power couples involved in politics I would defend, so we agree there. I'm simply pointing out it's an unnamed source used to justify an article that relied on, "if true" multiple times. It's driving a narrative before anything has been established as truthful or not.
You know the husband is officially under criminal investigation for rape, right? That’s why the story broke. I’m assuming you only read what I posted and not the entire article.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:28 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:12 am

You know the husband is officially under criminal investigation for rape, right? That’s why the story broke. I’m assuming you only read what I posted and not the entire article.
I read the whole article. It's why I won't defend them. I got a feeling of them being scumy, but nothing has been proven yet. It may be true, but at this point you keep applying the guilty until proven innocent routine. This was a hit piece.

Only using Trump as an example, but we just watched him get convicted over an accusation in which the lady making accusation, originally couldn't remember what year it happened. Got the year wrong. No substance, no proof except a story. Remember Blasey Ford? Let's wait until the facts come out.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

moms for liberty is as oxymoronic as the Inflation Reduction Act. Let’s call them what they are- moms for fascist censorship.

Maybe putin should denazify Florida.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:29 am moms for liberty is as oxymoronic as the Inflation Reduction Act. Let’s call them what they are- moms for fascist censorship.

:rofl: Bitch please. They are asking to keep acts that are performed by 3% of the population out of the public consumption of the 97%.

You and your "no rules" libertarianism is hilarious. That's not very Christian like. Horrible morals.

Jesus is going to slap your stupid face at the Pearly Gates! :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:29 am moms for liberty is as oxymoronic as the Inflation Reduction Act. Let’s call them what they are- moms for fascist censorship.

:rofl: Bitch please. They are asking to keep acts that are performed by 3% of the population out of the public consumption of the 97%.

You and your "no rules" libertarianism is hilarious. That's not very Christian like. Horrible morals.

They think only 3% of the population reads books.

This all starting to make sense now.

America is not Christian. Jesus is ok with that.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:29 pm

You do know there is a reason Capn and Joe said that when you reply, everyone loses. This is one of those times.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:32 pm

You do know there is a reason Capn and Joe said that when you reply, everyone loses. This is one of those times.
I didn’t. Go on.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:35 pm

I didn’t. Go on.
Exactly as expected.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:46 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:35 pm

I didn’t. Go on.
Exactly as expected.
Is it?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

The Cap'n and Joe know their shit, your feeble japes and convulsive verbal flatulence are a poor imitation, you should take CH with you to AGS and work on your chops for a while.... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:53 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:46 pm

Exactly as expected.
Is it?
After all these years, yes. Awful responses.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:15 pm

The Cap'n and Joe know their shit, your feeble japes and convulsive verbal flatulence are a poor imitation, you should take CH with you to AGS and work on your chops for a while.... :ohno:
No. You don't get to invoke the name of a guy who savaged the Catholic Church, only to turn to them because his belief system provided zero support.

Where the fuck were you in helping your atheist brother?

Let's see. I'm sure Klam stepped up and helped Bill.

Klam? How did you help your atheist brother?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Moms for Power Throuples

Post by UNI88 »

I thought that if I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior that I would go to heaven. Now you're saying that Jesus is going to slap my face because of how I've lived? Come on Morty, make up your mind.

3% :rofl: what moron thinks the book bans and other fascist censorship only applies to 3% of the population. The LGBT community is 7% of the population. Add in that 1 in 4 women have been sexually assaulted and you can add 12.5%. Add in the attempts to ban books about racism and you can add another 24.5%. There is probably some overlap so it isn't a full 44% but it's significantly more than 3% of the population impacted by these fascist attempts at their sick and unloving version of woke censorship.

If loving your neighbor as yourself is immoral and un-Christianlike then I'm proud to be immoral. Of course, I don't think worshipping trump is very Christianlike.

Your understanding of libertarianism is on par with kalm's. Are you going to tell me I should move to Somalia next?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:01 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:15 pm

No. You don't get to invoke the name of a guy who savaged the Catholic Church, only to turn to them because his belief system provided zero support.

Helping him what?

Are you refering to when Bill had a heart attack and was asking the ambulance crew for one last triple cheeseburger on the way to the hospital? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:01 pm

Helping him what?

Are you refering to when Bill had a heart attack and was asking the ambulance crew for one last triple cheeseburger on the way to the hospital? :?
No shit. What a strange response.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:21 am

I thought that if I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior that I would go to heaven. Now you're saying that Jesus is going to slap my face because of how I've lived? Come on Morty, make up your mind.

3% :rofl: what moron thinks the book bans and other fascist censorship only applies to 3% of the population. The LGBT community is 7% of the population. Add in that 1 in 4 women have been sexually assaulted and you can add 12.5%. Add in the attempts to ban books about racism and you can add another 24.5%. There is probably some overlap so it isn't a full 44% but it's significantly more than 3% of the population impacted by these fascist attempts at their sick and unloving version of woke censorship.

If loving your neighbor as yourself is immoral and un-Christianlike then I'm proud to be immoral. Of course, I don't think worshipping trump is very Christianlike.

Your understanding of libertarianism is on par with kalm's. Are you going to tell me I should move to Somalia next?
Hey, motherfucker! I appreciate libertarians and have a libertarian streak myself. I’m just not an an-cap.

And yes, Somalia is the truest form of libertarian government on earth.

American libertarians…. Republicans who like to smoke weed and get laid.

Still the best definition.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:21 am

Hey, motherfucker! I appreciate libertarians and have a libertarian streak myself. I’m just not an an-cap.

That does seem to put it in a nutshell
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 am

Helping him what?

I think he's off his meds... :?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:21 am I thought that if I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior that I would go to heaven. Now you're saying that Jesus is going to slap my face because of how I've lived? Come on Morty, make up your mind.

You might want to wear a boot on your head but you’re too much of a big spending, big government type to have much of a libertarian streak.

And North Korea is the truest example of where socialist government ends up on earth.

I don’t think your definition fits me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:30 am
kalm wrote:

You might want to wear a boot on your head but you’re too much of a big spending, big government type to have much of a libertarian streak.

And North Korea is the truest example of where socialist government ends up on earth.

I don’t think your definition fits me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like neither big government nor big corporations. I’m just more of a realist. Humans are the problem. :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:21 am
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 am

I think he's off his meds... :?
Or it’s a busy Sunday…