Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Israel-Palestine Drama Thread

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:50 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:47 pm

Speaking of having no idea - why do you think the interaction is one way?
Simple

Because you guys are so dumb
awwwwww.....I think somebody is experiencing the "not so fresh" feeling..... :lol:

would you like a tissue for your issue, CH?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:21 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:50 pm

Simple

Because you guys are so dumb
Name calling is always the calling card of winning arguments.
You guys act like Chang and Eng on here
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Baldy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:13 am
dal4018 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:50 pm
At the cost to Palestine no they don't it is the equivalent of YOU kicking OBAMA out of his home and allowing TRUMP to take over.
A nation called "Palestine" has never existed in the history of mankind.
USA has known that Palestine was around in the '30s
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Israelis, quickly expending all the goodwill sent their way.

:ohno:

https://x.com/DanielBMate/status/171748 ... 63537?s=20
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:22 am Israelis, quickly expending all the goodwill sent their way.

Given a choice between international goodwill and protecting the safety of Israelis, Israel is going to choose safety. Hamas knows and counts on this. Every "disproportionate" response by Israel causes outrage, creates more morons who think Israel is to blame and most importantly increases funding to Hamas.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:43 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:22 am Israelis, quickly expending all the goodwill sent their way.

Given a choice between international goodwill and protecting the safety of Israelis, Israel is going to choose safety. Hamas knows and counts on this. Every "disproportionate" response by Israel causes outrage, creates more morons who think Israel is to blame and most importantly increases funding to Hamas.
Yep.

And it doesn’t secure long term safety either.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:58 am

Yep.

What would increase long-term safety?

Peace with Hamas isn't really a long-term option. They're dedicated to wiping Israel off the map and they're not going to stop until that happens. Cease fires and other peace initiatives only give them time to rearm and recruit new murderers. What can Israel do if the Palestinian people in Gaza continue to follow and support Hamas and its mission?

Maybe they should ship all of the Palestinians in Gaza to Iran.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:47 am

Yep.

Hamas is dedicated to wiping Israel off the map and they're not going to stop until that happens. Cease fires and other peace initiatives only give Hamas time to rearm and recruit new murderers. What can Israel do if the Palestinian people in Gaza continue to follow and support Hamas and its mission?

I don’t disagree. It’s arm chair QBing, but leveling Gaza, shutting off power and water, dehumanizing all Palestinians for what terrorists groups have done is not the answer. When you can switch off resources, even without an occupying force, you are still an occupying force.

Special operations and reoccupation are about the only thing which have been done before.

Still…Israel has also successfully made peace with others in the region.

We need another Jimma Carter. ;)
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Yep.

Peace with Hamas isn't really a long-term option. They're dedicated to wiping Israel off the map and they're not going to stop until that happens. Cease fires and other peace initiatives only give them time to rearm and recruit new murderers. What can Israel do if the Palestinian people in Gaza continue to follow and support Hamas and its mission?

Has Iran ever offered to take them in ? Parody
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Yep.

Long term safety …. History says Not happening
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:03 am

Yep.

Egypt and Israel for 40 years now.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:52 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:03 am

Egypt and Israel for 40 years now.
80 year cycle ?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:59 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:47 am What would increase long-term safety?

Hamas is dedicated to wiping Israel off the map and they're not going to stop until that happens. Cease fires and other peace initiatives only give Hamas time to rearm and recruit new murderers. What can Israel do if the Palestinian people in Gaza continue to follow and support Hamas and its mission?

I don’t disagree. It’s arm chair QBing, but leveling Gaza, shutting off power and water, dehumanizing all Palestinians for what terrorists groups have done is not the answer. When you can switch off resources, even without an occupying force, you are still an occupying force.

Special operations and reoccupation are about the only thing which have been done before.

What should Israel do if Hamas isn't willing to make peace?

Some people are quick to say this is all Israel's fault, what about Palestinians who don't speak up when Hamas intentionally puts things near schools and hospitals? Are they at least a little complicit in their own destruction?

trump probably did more for peace in the Middle East than any President since Carter. IMO one of Hamas' objectives was a violent Israeli response that would reinvigorate the support of Sunni nations for Palestinians.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:00 am

Some people are quick to say this is all Israel's fault, what about Palestinians who don't speak up when Hamas intentionally puts things near schools and hospitals? Are they at least a little complicit in their own destruction?

trump probably did more for peace in the Middle East than any President since Carter. IMO one of Hamas' objectives was a violent Israeli response that would reinvigorate the support of Sunni nations for Palestinians.
Part of the reason he was hated so much … just look how much support the idiotic squad gets
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Occupy.

It’s not all Israel’s fault.

Imagine what the same questions could be asked of Iraqis and why they didn’t stand up to Saddam. And we see what happens to Iranian or Saudi dissidents. Are there sone who aid and abet Hamas? Of course. Does that include the 500+ Palestinian children who have died?

I sincerely would appreciate a reasoned breakdown of exactly what actions Trump took to secure peace in the M.E. I’m not saying there aren’t any but I honestly haven’t looked into it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:28 pm

Occupy.

Imagine what the same questions could be asked of Iraqis and why they didn’t stand up to Saddam. And we see what happens to Iranian or Saudi dissidents. Are there sone who aid and abet Hamas? Of course. Does that include the 500+ Palestinian children who have died?

I sincerely would appreciate a reasoned breakdown of exactly what actions Trump took to secure peace in the M.E. I’m not saying there aren’t any but I honestly haven’t looked into it.
trump didn't secure peace in the M.E. but he did take steps that made it a greater possibility. Part of Hama's objective was to undo what trump helped accomplish.

It's an opinion piece but it's reasoned and includes a lot of truth ...
Trump's Legacy of Peace | Opinion
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

:ohno: Talk about trying to frame a narrative. Let's go get IRAN!!
TEL AVIV—In the weeks leading up to Hamas’s Oct. 7 attacks on Israel, hundreds of the Palestinian Islamist militant group’s fighters received specialized combat training in Iran, according to people familiar with intelligence related to the assault.

Roughly 500 militants from Hamas and an allied group, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, participated in the exercises in September, which were led by officers of the Quds Force, the foreign-operations arm of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, the people said
I am no fan of Hamas, but holy shit if this article doesn't come across like this:

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:28 pm

Occupy.

In a nut shell. Trump was able to get the ME to realize that Palestinians were always going to be used as a proxy and they should quit waiting on peace there, before trying to normalize relations among themselves.

Saudi and Israel were awfully close to starting major progress on improving relations, until this happened.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Haven't seen this posted before, so I gotta mention it. A large part of what is driving the hatred concerns the Al Aqsa mosque. Israel now has some hardliners in power that want to drop that mosque and rebuild the 3rd temple. Over that last couple of years, the Israelis have used their military to allow the hardliners to enter the mosque and hold worship there. Talk about pissing a population off.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Yep.

Too much blood has been shed on both sides of a millenniums-old tribal feud for too long. Alea jacta est.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

dal4018 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:24 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:13 am
A nation called "Palestine" has never existed in the history of mankind.
Really? What was their currency called? Who was their president?

Inquiring minds want to know..
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:35 am
dal4018 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:24 pm

Really? What was their currency called? Who was their president?

Inquiring minds want to know..
FDR knew and Churchill paid them a visit in '37
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I find this hard to disagree with.

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:20 am I find this hard to disagree with.

No sane person would disagree

Why do you find it so hard?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:46 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:21 pm

Name calling is always the calling card of winning arguments.
You guys act like Chang and Eng on here
now now...

Karenbean Hen :ohno: