Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Was the beer of rednecks and MAGA. Anheuser trans, Transweiser is no longer.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/c ... y-campaign
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:34 am Was the beer of rednecks and MAGA. Anheuser trans, Transweiser is no longer.
Belongs in funnies thread but is also relevant to BDK's post.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:34 am Was the beer of rednecks and MAGA. Anheuser trans, Transweiser is no longer.
Belongs in funnies thread but is also relevant to BDK's post.

:rofl:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Rice should be used in Sake not beer. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Hamline University announced on Monday the impromptu retirement of President Fayneese Miller after the University has been embroiled in a conflict surrounding academic freedom and religious sensitivity.

Campus Reform covered the Fall 2022 incident in which the contract of an art history professor, Erika López Prater, was not renewed after she showed a Medieval portrait of the Prophet Muhammad in her class.

López Prater launched a lawsuit against Hamline in January, claiming that the St. Paul Minnesota university’s handling of the situation constituted defamation and reputational damage for alleged Islamophobia.
https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=21816
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

....the fact that you people think that dogpiss is beer tells you everything you need to know about these United States in 2023.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:06 am
....the fact that you people think that dogpiss is beer tells you everything you need to know about these United States in 2023.
Don't be a beer snob.

The best beer is the one that a friend gives you.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Dee Snider talks Trump, taking back 'We're Not Gonna Take It' and drag bans: 'My band would not be allowed to perform in Texas'
Let's talk about the drag bans. My band would not be allowed to perform in Texas. We would fall under that heading, the new rule, if they pass these rules — men wearing lipstick, nail polish and makeup. So, do I stand with the [LGBTQ+/drag] community? 100%. I heard the community has reached out about using “We're Not Gonna Take It” as their battle cry, and I said, “With my blessing, brothers and sisters! Go for it!” I stand with them. Look…. I was not gay, I was heterosexual, and I still had a lot of issues with a lot of people because I wore the things I wore in the ‘70s and even into the ‘80s. So, I've been on the receiving end. I get what they go through. I remember it so many times, how people would say, “You f***ing f***!” And I'm like, “OK, I'm just dressing up. You got a problem with that?” … I had a lot of fights with people who didn't like the way I expressed myself. So, I'm very in favor of free expression on every level. And I will stand with the community, if they ask me to stand with them. I am with them.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:15 am

Don't be a beer snob.

I'm not. I like beer. Bud Light isn't beer.

Its right there in the Reinheitsgebot. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:50 am
Don't be a beer snob.

Bud Light is beer. I may not like it but it is beer and if a friend handed me one I wouldn't turn my nose up at it like some entitled snob. ;)

The Reinheitsgebot is BS. There are a lot of really good beers that don't meet Reinheitsgebot requirements.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Don't be a beer snob.

The best beer is the one that a friend gives you or a free beer.
FYP :D

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:58 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:50 am

Bud Light is beer. I may not like it but it is beer and if a friend handed me one I wouldn't turn my nose up at it like some entitled snob. ;)

The Reinheitsgebot is BS. There are a lot of really good beers that don't meet Reinheitsgebot requirements.
I am with your take on the Reinheitsgebot (translation "purity law") and there is a very good reason that we have such a diversity of beer over here (one for every palette) and they do not have the same thing over there. It is a pair of shackles that both hobbles German brewers and restricts consumer choices all in the name of tradition.

I love all the German beers from Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier to Erdinger Kristall, Gaffel Kölsch, a Doppelbock, or a Berliner Weisse in the Summer. The need for such "purity laws" has long passed.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:20 am

Don't be a beer snob.

The best beer is the one that a friend gives you or a free beer.
You've heard the other half of my quote.

I thought that might be too complicated for Houndy is his dotage so I tried to simplify it ;)

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:25 pm

I thought that might be too complicated for Houndy is his dotage so I tried to simplify it ;)
We leave this world like we come into it. :thumb:

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:30 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:01 pm
All I simply said was that the evangelicals have no power.

The one who has the power is the one who makes the rules and the 'woke mob' is the one who's dictating the narrative in the media, governmental bureaucracy (elected officials are not the bureaucracy), entertainment, education, etc.

Do you sincerely believe the evangelicals and the 'woke mob' are on even ground when it comes to setting the narrative in those areas?
No I don't. The woke mob clearly has the upper hand in California, Oregon, NYC, etc. while the evangelical mob clearly has the upper hand in Florida, Idaho, Texas, etc.

Just as millions of left-wingers get their information from biased MSM and government sources, millions of right-wingers get their information from echo chambers where opinions and conspiracy theories are amplified and considered truth. Just because the information in those echo chambers isn't influenced by traditional sources does not mean that the mob itself isn't influential. You could make a valid argument that the evangelical mob got donald trump elected. Isn't that influence?
Good response, but the media, entertainment, corporations, the feds, etc. don't operate on a state by state basis. Their power is nationwide and knows no border. Sure, you'll have some pockets of power inside some states, but these states cannot stop CNN, MSDNC, Hollywood, any corporation, the feds, etc. from pushing their narratives and agendas inside those states.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:52 am

No I don't. The woke mob clearly has the upper hand in California, Oregon, NYC, etc. while the evangelical mob clearly has the upper hand in Florida, Idaho, Texas, etc.

Just as millions of left-wingers get their information from biased MSM and government sources, millions of right-wingers get their information from echo chambers where opinions and conspiracy theories are amplified and considered truth. Just because the information in those echo chambers isn't influenced by traditional sources does not mean that the mob itself isn't influential. You could make a valid argument that the evangelical mob got donald trump elected. Isn't that influence?
Good response, but the media, entertainment, corporations, the feds, etc. don't operate on a state by state basis. Their power is nationwide and knows no border. Sure, you'll have some pockets of power inside some states, but these states cannot stop CNN, MSDNC, Hollywood, any corporation, the feds, etc. from pushing their narratives and agendas inside those states.
There’s some truth here. One could say media is winning this battle over declining church influence. One you left out that is a larger industry than Hollywood is gaming. There’s also significant popularity in streaming services like Twitch.

However, media, regardless of type, still has to have some appeal to the existing demand of customers.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Right-wing media exists as well. It's fringe except for the Fox networks but it does exist. So the media isn't 100% in the left's favor.

The federal government might be nationwide but they aren't omniscient or omnipotent. Local and state governments have a much greater impact on people's day-to-day lives.

Do you really believe and worry about that many corporations being woke? I have multiple thoughts on this. One, they're corporations it's their business to run how they see fit as long as they're not breaking any laws. If people don't like it, they don't have to buy their products or work for them or related companies. Two, I would guess that the number of companies that have really bought into the woke agenda is small. Most are doing it because it's the latest fad like total quality managment but they're doing it half-heartedly and it will fade over time.

This isn't to say that woke isn't to diminish the threat of wokism, it is a very real threat that should be taken seriously. It's to argue that MAGAtism is also a threat to be taken seriously.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:50 am
Right-wing media exists as well. It's fringe except for the Fox networks but it does exist. So the media isn't 100% in the left's favor.

The federal government might be nationwide but they aren't omniscient or omnipotent. Local and state governments have a much greater impact on people's day-to-day lives.

Do you really believe and worry about that many corporations being woke? I have multiple thoughts on this. One, they're corporations it's their business to run how they see fit as long as they're not breaking any laws. If people don't like it, they don't have to buy their products or work for them or related companies. Two, I would guess that the number of companies that have really bought into the woke agenda is small. Most are doing it because it's the latest fad like total quality managment but they're doing it half-heartedly and it will fade over time.

This isn't to say that woke isn't to diminish the threat of wokism, it is a very real threat that should be taken seriously. It's to argue that MAGAtism is also a threat to be taken seriously.
Good post.

Maybe we need a definition of woke and wokism. Laws vs. philosophies, vs. fads vs. corporate policies…etc.

Hell we might even all agree on some things.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Texas is home. The Briggle family and their trans child are fighting for it.

Anecdotal but tell me again who is looking out for Grayson's best interests? Who is guilty of child abuse?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Not just rednecks and MAGA. Also blue collar folks. Might end up being the dumbest (and costliest) marketing stunt ever. Anecdotal stoey of whats apparently happening all over the country.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:19 pm

Not just rednecks and MAGA. Also blue collar folks. Might end up being the dumbest (and costliest) marketing stunt ever. Anecdotal stoey of whats apparently happening all over the country.
The world will be a better place without Bud Light. :thumb:

Maybe some of these bavosos will loosen up and stop being such whiny cunts if they drink decent beer.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

You're a good boy and we do so appreciate your efforts on our behalf. :thumb:

Maybe you're the guy that can tell us what "woke" means - I'm hoping to still be around when that discovery is made
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:15 am

You're a good boy and we do so appreciate your efforts on our behalf. :thumb:

Maybe you're the guy that can tell us what "woke" means - I'm hoping to still be around when that discovery is made
"Woke" is like "make America great again". They both sound innocuous but their cultish believers pursue a perverted version with a religious zeal.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Looks like the Louisville shooter was a woke lib Biden voter (note the pronouns):
So this guy doesn’t for the left’s narrative. Since not a white male Trump voter, the national MSM will be droppig the story soon.