Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:45 am I think I know exactly where you were standing....#18, Gold Course? :nod: :nod: :nod:
Yup. :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:20 am

What kind of wicked debauchery does adult golf entail? Or am I better off not knowing?
:lol: Was just playing off Ganny's miniature golf.

But I guess you could call it adult golf as I stood on the 18th tee, par 3 over water, heavy mist and wind with basically a $1000 shot (winning $500 instead of losing $500). I went home happy. 8-)
You need to go back and read Andy's thread about how golfers are pussies. :mrgreen:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

dbackjon wrote:Image
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeTQgY6m/

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:27 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:17 am

Yeah, young people we're really at risk of dying from the China Virus. :lol: :dunce:
By young I meant under 50. :coffee:

Also...in case you didn’t knower, Covid is contagious.

:thumb:
You don't say.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:58 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:53 am

Played adult golf Saturday and our club has stopped wearing masks. Staff still wearing. Went the grocery store after and didn't think twice about not wearing a mask since I hadn't all morning and I'd say 95% of the folks in the store were. Could definitely feel eyes on me but didn't care.
I'm actually considering it my duty as a fully vaccinated person now to ditch the mask and keep moving forward. What was the point of vaccinating if we didn't think it would work?
:coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:31 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:45 am I think I know exactly where you were standing....#18, Gold Course? :nod: :nod: :nod:
Yup. :thumb:
I STILL tell stories about our round there with you. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:20 am

What kind of wicked debauchery does adult golf entail? Or am I better off not knowing?
:lol: Was just playing off Ganny's miniature golf.

But I guess you could call it adult golf as I stood on the 18th tee, par 3 over water, heavy mist and wind with basically a $1000 shot (winning $500 instead of losing $500). I went home happy. 8-)
Must, wind, $1000 on the line...

Yeah I’d say that’s adult golf. Nice win! :thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:Why are they now going after Fauci when all this Gain of Function testing/history was known a week after the lockdowns started?

I think Fauci is an ineffective government employee like a huge majority, but find it odd they waited until now to dig into information that has been out there for years.
Because that’s how we roll

Americans don’t care about our most dire vulnerabilities because few living Americans have ever known anythig approaching hardship -

another serious vulnerability is our completely unshielded power grid. A hit to that will kill a hell of a lot more Americans than COVID ever had a shot at. But - its a conspiracy theory dontchaknow ...

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:55 am Why are they now going after Fauci when all this Gain of Function testing/history was known a week after the lockdowns started?

I think Fauci is an ineffective government employee like a huge majority, but find it odd they waited until now to dig into information that has been out there for years.
I don't they've yet found where ebola made the jump to humans, no?
I saw a recent article written by someone trying to save face after having hollered “conspiracy theorist” at people touting the lab leak theory. I think it may have been in The Atlantic maybe? The author said the same thing about Ebola, and I remember thinking that was not completely accurate...

We are about 99.9% sure that Ebola’s reservoir in the wild is flying foxes in West Africa. The problem is that Ebola mutates on zoonotic transfer making it near impossible to tie it directly to the bats.

But if that article is your source then be aware it isn’t really very accurate in terms of the argument it is trying to make

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:37 pm No. In fact the Leftwing media immediately denounced it as a debunked conspiracy theory, in addition to Twitter and Facebook censoring posts on the subject.
They did? I remember speculation about the origin and push back regarding domestic Asian bashing for awhile but there was little concrete evidence. Still isn’t enough.
Good lord you are so full of shit

Yes, klam, they did. It was blatant and obvious

WaPo just stealth edited their headline from 15 months ago where they called it a “debunked conspiracy theory”

You seem to have a similar strain of this odd amnesia

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 pm That's fine, but shutting down differing opinions and ideas is NOT practicing science and it's an absolute travesty the media and Tech were allowed to shut down that part of the discussion. Now we see a reversal of that mindset and how many months were wasted by the previously mentioned media and Tech, acting as the arbiters of all that is science?

Don't you remember the NY Times pulling Tom Cottons article in which he simply said it was a possibility China made the virus in a lab? In addition, the media tried to label him as some sort of out of touch conspiracy theorist.

Biological sciences aren't perfect and thus the need for full discussion to get them to a high level of accuracy. It's a part of science that many don't seem to grasp. This is why you hear me talk about the "art" of medicine. There are some doctors out there that are able to take in the less than perfect science and perform wonders.
Fair enough. I went back, did a quick search, and found where the WaPo retracted some of its initial coverage of Cotton’s remarks. Agreed that science is not always conveniently linear. Then again many of the lab origin remarks were not based in “science”. I just don’t trust politicians any more than media.
They were based on intel about what the Chinese were doing, among other things.

This is why the White House would not let it drop, and why a lot of these news outlets were quietly told by their handlers in the Admin to STFU

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:23 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:Why are they now going after Fauci when all this Gain of Function testing/history was known a week after the lockdowns started?

Americans don’t care about our most dire vulnerabilities because few living Americans have ever known anythig approaching hardship -

another serious vulnerability is our completely unshielded power grid. A hit to that will kill a hell of a lot more Americans than COVID ever had a shot at. But - its a conspiracy theory dontchaknow ...

For example, look how the cold snap in Texas freaked everyone out. That was just a big cluster by the power company, just think if it was an actual zap to the entire system.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:42 pm
kalm wrote:
They did? I remember speculation about the origin and push back regarding domestic Asian bashing for awhile but there was little concrete evidence. Still isn’t enough.
Good lord you are so full of shit

Yes, klam, they did. It was blatant and obvious

WaPo just stealth edited their headline from 15 months ago where they called it a “debunked conspiracy theory”

You seem to have a similar strain of this odd amnesia

As I said, “how convenient”..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:06 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:23 pm

For example, look how the cold snap in Texas freaked everyone out. That was just a big cluster by the power company, just think if it was an actual zap to the entire system.
You know who freaked out? The libs in Austin, Dallas and Houston. The rest of the state basically lit the fire in the fireplace, cooked on their BBQ and filled their bathtubs with water to wait it out. Granted, if the grid is zapped, those remedies aren’t going to get you through it, but the libs were looking for a “government save me” solution from minute ONE.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:45 pm
kalm wrote:
Fair enough. I went back, did a quick search, and found where the WaPo retracted some of its initial coverage of Cotton’s remarks. Agreed that science is not always conveniently linear. Then again many of the lab origin remarks were not based in “science”. I just don’t trust politicians any more than media.

This is why the White House would not let it drop, and why a lot of these news outlets were quietly told by their handlers in the Admin to STFU

If the stories about Fauci and our funding of the Wuhan lab are true, we are complicit in the release of the the virus.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:33 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:06 pm

You know who freaked out? The libs in Austin, Dallas and Houston. The rest of the state basically lit the fire in the fireplace, cooked on their BBQ and filled their bathtubs with water to wait it out. Granted, if the grid is zapped, those remedies aren’t going to get you through it, but the libs were looking for a “government save me” solution from minute ONE.
Not everyone has a fireplace or the ability to save themselves. Brace yourself for increased expectations that government will save people. Especially when it comes to protecting and managing basic resources like heat and water.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:10 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:33 pm

Not everyone has a fireplace or the ability to save themselves. Brace yourself for increased expectations that government will save people. Especially when it comes to protecting and managing basic resources like heat and water.
Libs need to stop preventing us from using reliable fuel sources to provide power that keeps the heat and water working.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:34 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:10 am

Libs need to stop preventing us from using reliable fuel sources to provide power that keeps the heat and water working.
Those sources have downsides too. Transitioning to new energy sources is a tough slog.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:05 am

If the stories about Fauci and our funding of the Wuhan lab are true, we are complicit in the release of the the virus.
Been telling my kids that since the beginning.

So you know, Obama banned gain of function work here in the US. I assume it was because we had our own accidents in the labs as well, although obviously no pandemics. The US simply farmed the work out to China, just like manufacturing!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:09 am

So you know, Obama banned gain of function work here in the US. I assume it was because we had our own accidents in the labs as well, although obviously no pandemics. The US simply farmed the work out to China, just like manufacturing!
When are libs going to quit sending our jobs overseas!? :x
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:09 am

When are libs going to quit sending our jobs overseas!? :x
:lol:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

As Tonto used to say, "Who 'we', white man?"
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:41 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:34 am

Those sources have downsides too. Transitioning to new energy sources is a tough slog.
Downsides worse than people not having heat or water? I can't imagine a downside worse than freezing to death.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:40 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:41 am

Downsides worse than people not having heat or water? I can't imagine a downside worse than freezing to death.
It's a multi-step strategy Fiver. Move to renewable energy sources and then argue that the high cost of electricity is a sign of systematic racism because a higher percentage of minorities are adversely affected.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm