AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:51 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:25 pm

Put it on the long list of things Trump was right about. And excoriated for saying.
He was so misunderstood... :ohno:
Not it at all. But he was pilloried literally every time he opened his mouth. Even when he was right.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:28 pm Media finally allowing "man made" COVID stories to come out.

By the way, SeattleGriz is still on record early in this thread claiming it was made in a lab.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... laims.html
EXCLUSIVE: COVID-19 'has NO credible natural ancestor' and WAS created by Chinese scientists who then tried to cover their tracks with 'retro-engineering' to make it seem like it naturally arose from bats, explosive new study claims
Wasn't it always thought to have escaped from a lab?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:58 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:28 pm Media finally allowing "man made" COVID stories to come out.

By the way, SeattleGriz is still on record early in this thread claiming it was made in a lab.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... laims.html

No. In fact the Leftwing media immediately denounced it as a debunked conspiracy theory, in addition to Twitter and Facebook censoring posts on the subject.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:37 pm

No. In fact the Leftwing media immediately denounced it as a debunked conspiracy theory, in addition to Twitter and Facebook censoring posts on the subject.
The left-wing media encompasses poor thought, as does the right-wing media.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

They did? I remember speculation about the origin and push back regarding domestic Asian bashing for awhile but there was little concrete evidence. Still isn’t enough.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:35 pm
They did? I remember speculation about the origin and push back regarding domestic Asian bashing for awhile but there was little concrete evidence. Still isn’t enough.
Was or is there concrete evidence that it didn't come from a lab? What is ok for the MSM to criticize the theory/possibility without evidence? If the proponents of "it came from a lab" need concrete evidence, shouldn't the people who say it didn't also need concrete evidence? Or is the fact that Trump promoted it all the "concrete" evidence some people need?
Last edited by UNI88 on Mon May 31, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

:rofl:

Well ain’t that convenient?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporters ... epublicans

https://www.foxnews.com/media/critics-c ... se-amnesia
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Mon May 31, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

That's fine, but shutting down differing opinions and ideas is NOT practicing science and it's an absolute travesty the media and Tech were allowed to shut down that part of the discussion. Now we see a reversal of that mindset and how many months were wasted by the previously mentioned media and Tech, acting as the arbiters of all that is science?

Don't you remember the NY Times pulling Tom Cottons article in which he simply said it was a possibility China made the virus in a lab? In addition, the media tried to label him as some sort of out of touch conspiracy theorist.

Biological sciences aren't perfect and thus the need for full discussion to get them to a high level of accuracy. It's a part of science that many don't seem to grasp. This is why you hear me talk about the "art" of medicine. There are some doctors out there that are able to take in the less than perfect science and perform wonders.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:07 pm

The left-wing media encompasses poor thought, as does the right-wing media.
I don't trust any mainstream media anymore and haven't for awhile.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 pm

That's fine, but shutting down differing opinions and ideas is NOT practicing science and it's an absolute travesty the media and Tech were allowed to shut down that part of the discussion. Now we see a reversal of that mindset and how many months were wasted by the previously mentioned media and Tech, acting as the arbiters of all that is science?

Don't you remember the NY Times pulling Tom Cottons article in which he simply said it was a possibility China made the virus in a lab? In addition, the media tried to label him as some sort of out of touch conspiracy theorist.

Biological sciences aren't perfect and thus the need for full discussion to get them to a high level of accuracy. It's a part of science that many don't seem to grasp. This is why you hear me talk about the "art" of medicine. There are some doctors out there that are able to take in the less than perfect science and perform wonders.
Fair enough. I went back, did a quick search, and found where the WaPo retracted some of its initial coverage of Cotton’s remarks. Agreed that science is not always conveniently linear. Then again many of the lab origin remarks were not based in “science”. I just don’t trust politicians any more than media.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:58 pm Wasn't it always thought to have escaped from a lab?
kalm wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:35 pm They did? I remember speculation about the origin and push back regarding domestic Asian bashing for awhile but there was little concrete evidence. Still isn’t enough.
You guys are just F'ing around, right? :?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:27 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 pm

Fair enough. I went back, did a quick search, and found where the WaPo retracted some of its initial coverage of Cotton’s remarks. Agreed that science is not always conveniently linear. Then again many of the lab origin remarks were not based in “science”. I just don’t trust politicians any more than media.
Ha! Same here in regards to media or politicians. The really sad part is that you simply can't get around it anymore. I read a lot of news articles daily, and I can't tell you how much I have read that has never come to fruition.

The two biggies that I am following right now to see if they come true:

1) Normally when getting a vaccine, it stays localized in the tissue it was administered, but apparently the COVID vaccine isn't working out that way. The spike protein that our body creates due to the COVID vaccine has been found in our bloodstream. That Spike protein is supposed to be really bad for our body. "They" are believing this is what is causing the blood clots and other issues with the vaccine.

2)COVID was man made and the telltale sign is a particular portion of the aforementioned spike. Apparently there are four building blocks (amino acids) in a row that are "positive" and they happen to be perfectly where needed to ensure the spikes attach to our cells. On its face, it sounds like that is the way it should work in nature, but when talking about the four positives in a row, that is pretty much impossible unless created by man.

I have no clue if these are true. Both of them make sense, but finding really good information is difficult. You find something, and then you find something that counter's the claim. The irony, is that that is what I am calling science, the discussion of differing opinions. But obviously when filtered through the media or politicians, it's definitely gets twisted. I think that tells me I should stick more to peer reviewed publications instead of sensationalism! :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:35 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:58 pm Wasn't it always thought to have escaped from a lab?
kalm wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:35 pm They did? I remember speculation about the origin and push back regarding domestic Asian bashing for awhile but there was little concrete evidence. Still isn’t enough.
No, Andy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:48 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:27 am

Ha! Same here in regards to media or politicians. The really sad part is that you simply can't get around it anymore. I read a lot of news articles daily, and I can't tell you how much I have read that has never come to fruition.

The two biggies that I am following right now to see if they come true:

1) Normally when getting a vaccine, it stays localized in the tissue it was administered, but apparently the COVID vaccine isn't working out that way. The spike protein that our body creates due to the COVID vaccine has been found in our bloodstream. That Spike protein is supposed to be really bad for our body. "They" are believing this is what is causing the blood clots and other issues with the vaccine.

2)COVID was man made and the telltale sign is a particular portion of the aforementioned spike. Apparently there are four building blocks (amino acids) in a row that are "positive" and they happen to be perfectly where needed to ensure the spikes attach to our cells. On its face, it sounds like that is the way it should work in nature, but when talking about the four positives in a row, that is pretty much impossible unless created by man.

I have no clue if these are true. Both of them make sense, but finding really good information is difficult. You find something, and then you find something that counter's the claim. The irony, is that that is what I am calling science, the discussion of differing opinions. But obviously when filtered through the media or politicians, it's definitely gets twisted. I think that tells me I should stick more to peer reviewed publications instead of sensationalism! :lol:
^ that last part is true for all of us. :nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Went to play miniature golf yesterday, half people wearing masks, other half (including me) went no mask. Stopped inside for ice cream and maybe a little more people wearing masks. Went to WalMart last night and went without a mask, again same percentage wearing versus not wearing. PA lifted most COVID measures yesterday, although the vagueness of a mask mandate is in force until 70% are vaccinated or until June 20 something, whichever comes first. My work is coming out with a policy statement tomorrow regarding masks, pretty sure they'll say it's okay not to wear a mask if you're vaccinated and not around anyone. Will be interesting if they waive masks entirely.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

It's weird. I went to Home Depot with catie7171 yesterday. She told me to wear a mask because some places still require it. I ignored her. She immediately asked the customer service desk if we needed a mask to come in. They told her "Only if you're unvaccinated" 20minutes later, some dope in an orange apron tells me I need a mask. I just walked out and got on from my car. I've reached max energy in even talking about covid related shit.
kalm wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:59 am
andy7171 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:35 am

No, Andy.
I remember months ago asking why it was absurd and racist to even suggest that the virus COULD have come from the lab in Wuhan. The lab that specifically studies and produces the exact same thing that infected the planet.

What's next backtracking on the usefulness of hydrocholorquin? Is everyone going to deny bashing those african doctors? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:39 am Went to play miniature golf yesterday, half people wearing masks, other half (including me) went no mask. Stopped inside for ice cream and maybe a little more people wearing masks. Went to WalMart last night and went without a mask, again same percentage wearing versus not wearing. PA lifted most COVID measures yesterday, although the vagueness of a mask mandate is in force until 70% are vaccinated or until June 20 something, whichever comes first. My work is coming out with a policy statement tomorrow regarding masks, pretty sure they'll say it's okay not to wear a mask if you're vaccinated and not around anyone. Will be interesting if they waive masks entirely.
My father, who is fully vaccinated, has no comorbidities, exercises daily and gets plenty of sun for Vitamin D, still wears his mask everywhere. He is deathly afraid of COVID. The real kicker is that he tells me that his mask fits poorly and fogs up his sunglasses...but it will protect him from catching COVID.

Dad has always been a germaphobe. Ought to be a hoot when he comes to visit this summer.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:39 am Went to play miniature golf yesterday, half people wearing masks, other half (including me) went no mask. Stopped inside for ice cream and maybe a little more people wearing masks. Went to WalMart last night and went without a mask, again same percentage wearing versus not wearing. PA lifted most COVID measures yesterday, although the vagueness of a mask mandate is in force until 70% are vaccinated or until June 20 something, whichever comes first. My work is coming out with a policy statement tomorrow regarding masks, pretty sure they'll say it's okay not to wear a mask if you're vaccinated and not around anyone. Will be interesting if they waive masks entirely.
Played adult golf Saturday and our club has stopped wearing masks. Staff still wearing. Went the grocery store after and didn't think twice about not wearing a mask since I hadn't all morning and I'd say 95% of the folks in the store were. Could definitely feel eyes on me but didn't care.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:53 am
Played adult golf Saturday and our club has stopped wearing masks. Staff still wearing. Went the grocery store after and didn't think twice about not wearing a mask since I hadn't all morning and I'd say 95% of the folks in the store were. Could definitely feel eyes on me but didn't care.
I'm actually considering it my duty as a fully vaccinated person now to ditch the mask and keep moving forward. What was the point of vaccinating if we didn't think it would work?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:58 am

I'm actually considering it my duty as a fully vaccinated person now to ditch the mask and keep moving forward. What was the point of vaccinating if we didn't think it would work?
I'll wear it if required, but it's not required where ever I went over the long weekend. Some behind the counter workers and a few here and there. I may have seen 1 family at the camp grounds, out of the 700+ campsites. Pools were packed. Minnesota is down to less than 4000 active cases, and a good majority vaccinated.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

What kind of wicked debauchery does adult golf entail? Or am I better off not knowing?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:20 am

What kind of wicked debauchery does adult golf entail? Or am I better off not knowing?
:lol: Was just playing off Ganny's miniature golf.

But I guess you could call it adult golf as I stood on the 18th tee, par 3 over water, heavy mist and wind with basically a $1000 shot (winning $500 instead of losing $500). I went home happy. 8-)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

The last time I wore a mask (neck gaitor) was at a Wawa in PA outside Philly 8 days ago. Walked in without it but pulled it up as everyone else had one on. Drove down to VA to see family and then to N FL (St Augustone) Stops in VA, the Carolinas, GA, and in north FL (St Augustine) the last 6 days haven’t week worn one. Majority of people down here aren’t waering them in stores, restaurants, etc. I won’t be wearing one again anywhere (unless I’m in an airport/on a plane). Don’t care if a store still has a sign mandating it. Any stores still with signs up are probably just doing it for liability reasons or because of some BS blue local/state mandate in effect.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:20 am

:lol: Was just playing off Ganny's miniature golf.

But I guess you could call it adult golf as I stood on the 18th tee, par 3 over water, heavy mist and wind with basically a $1000 shot (winning $500 instead of losing $500). I went home happy. 8-)
I think I know exactly where you were standing....#18, Gold Course? :nod: :nod: :nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:18 am The last time I wore a mask (neck gaitor) was at a Wawa in PA outside Philly 8 days ago. Walked in without it but pulled it up as everyone else had one on. Drove down to VA to see family and then to N FL (St Augustone) Stops in VA, the Carolinas, GA, and in north FL (St Augustine) the last 6 days haven’t week worn one. Majority of people down here aren’t waering them in stores, restaurants, etc. I won’t be wearing one again anywhere (unless I’m in an airport/on a plane). Don’t care if a store still has a sign mandating it. Any stores still with signs up are probably just doing it for liability reasons or because of some BS blue local/state mandate in effect.
I'm with Ganny - I got the vaccine and have stopped wearing one.

And through the Carolina's?! I know we fight on here but if you ever around Charlotte, please reach out. I'd like to buy you a beer. :nod:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17