Biden’s Scorecard

Political discussions
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:26 am I’m going to raise Joey Rottens grade from F - to straight F because Americans are just thankful JoBozo has completely disappeared in these troubled times, he only makes things worse
“President Biden is being called out for his conspicuous absence as anti-Israel agitators grow increasingly confrontational on campuses across America.

Biden, despite often speaking about political extremism, has been widely criticized for not coming out himself and condemning the sometimes violent agitators”

just like the Rolling Stones were always six months behind the Beatles, Fox always about six hours behind C H :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:44 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:26 am I’m going to raise Joey Rottens grade from F - to straight F because Americans are just thankful JoBozo has completely disappeared in these troubled times, he only makes things worse
“President Biden is being called out for his conspicuous absence as anti-Israel agitators grow increasingly confrontational on campuses across America.

Biden, despite often speaking about political extremism, has been widely criticized for not coming out himself and condemning the sometimes violent agitators”

just like the Rolling Stones were always six months behind the Beatles, Fox always about six hours behind C H :coffee:
So Fox must be 2 days late and 2 dollars short. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Chicago residents expressed frustration and anger with President Biden ahead of his visit to the city, warning that Black voters are turning on the Democratic Party in huge numbers”
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Good grief, Biden is breaking all the records of stupidity

“We're in completely new territory here for a president of the United States because we’ve always had a rule, which is don’t negotiate with terrorists, but Joe Biden has gone beyond that — he's actually negotiating for the terrorists," Burgum said.”
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Home Buyers Need to Earn $47,000 More Than in 2020
The income needed to comfortably afford a home is up 80% since 2020, while median income has risen 23% in that time.
https://www.zillow.com/research/buyers- ... ded-33755/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden, the dumbest POTUS in the history of the US when it comes to economics.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Biden is just the dumbest period
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:04 pm Biden, the dumbest POTUS in the history of the US when it comes to economics.
As bad as he's been in terms of foreign policy, yes, the biggest issue with the Biden administration has been the handling, well, mishandling, of the economy. The President can only indirectly impact the economy, so often it's limited what any one President can do. But by dumping so much money into the economy in his first months on the job through those massive spending bills, Biden was able to substantially and quickly increase the money supply and directly caused the surge in inflation we saw. Once inflation is out of the barn, honest businesses have no idea where things will be next month, 6 months, or 12 months down the road and they guess at the price increases. Dishonest businesses also don't know where things will be but they'll make sure to jack up their prices not only to be sure they still profit, but maybe even get more than that. And that cycle goes on and on again. The tweet about the price of a fruit is just like what caused so much problems in the college loan business - government takes over the loan business, makes it clear how much they're willing to extend to any and everyone for a college education, and colleges en masse over time raise their costs to be higher so that that government money all goes to their pockets. It's why modern monetary theory has been such a disaster, it ignores reality.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Except for Gimmee Shelter and that was because of Merry Clayton.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

At Trump‘s rally in NJ he said he would impose a 100% tarriff on Chinese EVs made in Mexico.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden: Tariffs on Chinese goods are BAD

Biden (right after Trump announces China tariffs): Tariffs on Chinese goods are GOOD.
Biden's China tariffs cover a variety of products and industries, including a 100% tariff on electric vehicles (EVs); 25% on EV batteries; 50% on solar panels and semiconductors; 25% on steel, aluminum, and ship-to-shore cranes; and tariffs ranging between 25% and 50% on certain types of medical equipment.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... ngNewsSerp
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:49 am Biden: Tariffs on Chinese goods are BAD

Biden (right after Trump announces China tariffs): Tariffs on Chinese goods are GOOD.
Biden's China tariffs cover a variety of products and industries, including a 100% tariff on electric vehicles (EVs); 25% on EV batteries; 50% on solar panels and semiconductors; 25% on steel, aluminum, and ship-to-shore cranes; and tariffs ranging between 25% and 50% on certain types of medical equipment.
Indeed. Trump's policies with regards to tariffs wasn't well thought out and largely ineffective, and actually hurtful. Biden has doubled down on this with this newest salvo of tariffs. And this batch is entirely to prop up the business of green manufacturing, which has already been subsidized significantly and yet hasn't been sustainable. Tariffs are almost always the last resort of poor economic management. It's hard to argue that Biden hasn't butchered the economy at this point. And whoever wins in November will likely keep going down this path. Ugh.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:49 am Biden: Tariffs on Chinese goods are BAD

Indeed. Trump's policies with regards to tariffs wasn't well thought out and largely ineffective, and actually hurtful. Biden has doubled down on this with this newest salvo of tariffs. And this batch is entirely to prop up the business of green manufacturing, which has already been subsidized significantly and yet hasn't been sustainable. Tariffs are almost always the last resort of poor economic management. It's hard to argue that Biden hasn't butchered the economy at this point. And whoever wins in November will likely keep going down this path. Ugh.
The irony here is that BDKKKaren is mocking biden for copying trump's idea when it was trump that copied an idea that in the recent past has been mostly supported by Democrats.

IS THE GOP STILL THE PARTY OF FREE TRADE?
President Donald Trump has introduced a sharp departure from the party’s support for free trade. His first notable act on trade was to withdraw the United States from the TPP, thereby relieving China from pressure to reform and excluding the United States from the benefits of the deal. He regularly glorifies tariffs and attacks the institutions and agreements that have supported the global open trading system. While President Trump will occasionally suggest that he is pushing for a freer, fairer trading order, the agreements he has pursued have generally sought to restrict trade. From new quotas on Korean steel exports (KORUS), to tighter rules of origin for auto trade with the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA, which includes minimum wage requirements!), to a new mandate to negotiate limits on auto trade with Europe and Japan, there has not been a more protectionist president in the modern era.
Just another example of trump and the MAQA yahoos being the real RINOs. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:13 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 am

The irony here is that BDKKKaren is mocking biden for copying trump's idea when it was trump that copied an idea that in the recent past has been mostly supported by Democrats.

President Donald Trump has introduced a sharp departure from the party’s support for free trade. His first notable act on trade was to withdraw the United States from the TPP, thereby relieving China from pressure to reform and excluding the United States from the benefits of the deal. He regularly glorifies tariffs and attacks the institutions and agreements that have supported the global open trading system. While President Trump will occasionally suggest that he is pushing for a freer, fairer trading order, the agreements he has pursued have generally sought to restrict trade. From new quotas on Korean steel exports (KORUS), to tighter rules of origin for auto trade with the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA, which includes minimum wage requirements!), to a new mandate to negotiate limits on auto trade with Europe and Japan, there has not been a more protectionist president in the modern era.
Just another example of trump and the MAQA yahoos being the real RINOs. :coffee:
Heck, kalmie is loving this trade war/tariff stuff. Like I said, it was like Trump was lurking on these boards and stole kalmie's ideas!

On a related note, my wife was buying paint today as we're repainting the inside of the house. Said she was shocked the price of a gallon of paint was $70. Granted, she was probably buying a better quality paint and at a local, independent store. But that was crazy versus what it was 10 years ago - same paint and same store. She's certainly voting for Biden in November, no doubt about that, but even she blamed Biden for the inflation that led to paint costing so much more. Worst economic President in our lifetimes. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:15 pm

Heck, kalmie is loving this trade war/tariff stuff. Like I said, it was like Trump was lurking on these boards and stole kalmie's ideas!

On a related note, my wife was buying paint today as we're repainting the inside of the house. Said she was shocked the price of a gallon of paint was $70. Granted, she was probably buying a better quality paint and at a local, independent store. But that was crazy versus what it was 10 years ago - same paint and same store. She's certainly voting for Biden in November, no doubt about that, but even she blamed Biden for the inflation that led to paint costing so much more. Worst economic President in our lifetimes. :ohno:
How much the cost of paint has increased is nuts.

Buy Benjamin Moore unless you're painting cabinets or trim a white or light color then buy California Ultraplate (which funny considering it's name was available in Illinois but isn't in Oregon).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:15 pm

Correct. The U.S. should leverage its advantages rather than multinationals. It’s what businesses do.

Hey! Didn’t you vote for Jill Stein?!?!

Unbound and Stein are not pleased with you…at all!

:)
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:50 pm

Except for Gimmee Shelter and that was because of Merry Clayton.
Merry Christmas? This is a musical reference that I’m just not old enough to place…. Not the song but Merry Clayton