Football Championship Subdivision discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: College Gameday- ESPN

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Wonder if Delaware St will be mentioned as the alma mater of Joe Biden. :rofl:
It would make 160,000+ living UD alumni very happy.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Trapped in CA
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Northern Iowa
A.K.A.: UNI Pike

Post by Trapped in CA »

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Wonder if Delaware St will be mentioned as the alma mater of Joe Biden. :rofl:
It would make 160,000+ living UD alumni very happy.
Sorry, you broke it, you own it.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters
Morons of the month - October

Looks like certain people on this board finally have a reason to trade in their US Passports

------------------------------

Current OVC football members - 0-21 in FCS playoffs since 1997
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Congrats to NDSU but WTF ESPN? :? You've got DSU who has been smoked the last 2 weeks by UD and TU. It would have made FAR more sense to do college gameday from Fargo in 3 weeks on Oct 5th, when you have UNI @ NDSU. As of now the game of the year in the MVFC and probably the I-AA national game of the week that weekend. Maybe one of the top games all year. Baffling. :?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote:Congrats to NDSU but WTF ESPN? :? You've got DSU who has been smoked the last 2 weeks by UD and TU. It would have made FAR more sense to do college gameday from Fargo in 3 weeks on Oct 5th, when you have UNI @ NDSU. As of now the game of the year in the MVFC and probably the I-AA national game of the week that weekend. Maybe one of the top games all year. Baffling. :?
They may have confused UD and DSU when they discussed the game in their board meeting. :o
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: bisoninnwmn

Post by Bison Fan in NW MN »

grizzaholic wrote:
formerEag wrote:This is awesome news for the FCS. Jealous that it is NDSU. Anyone know I this is going the be a recurring thing or just an annual appearance?
They actually did this to cull the herd. By putting College Gameday in Fargo next week the NCAA is hoping to inflate the heads of many of their douchebag fans to critical levels and have them explode on National TV.

Plain and simple.....STFU!
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

BDKJMU wrote:Congrats to NDSU but WTF ESPN? :? You've got DSU who has been smoked the last 2 weeks by UD and TU. It would have made FAR more sense to do college gameday from Fargo in 3 weeks on Oct 5th, when you have UNI @ NDSU. As of now the game of the year in the MVFC and probably the I-AA national game of the week that weekend. Maybe one of the top games all year. Baffling. :?
While I don't disagree they are probably worried that there might be a blizzard in ND that weekend. ;)
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Let's go, NDSU. Make us proud! Yumpin' yiminy! :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

HI54UNI wrote:
While I don't disagree they are probably worried that there might be a blizzard in ND that weekend. ;)
ESPN chose a site in downtown Fargo, outside the Historic Fargo Theatre, where Babe Ruth once performed.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote:
Since when has Fargo had a "blizzard" the 1st week of Oct? The chance of that happening has to be slim to none.....
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
TribeFanInNC
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: William & Mary Tribe

Post by TribeFanInNC »

BDKJMU wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Since when has Fargo had a "blizzard" the 1st week of Oct? The chance of that happening has to be slim to none.....
Are you using the Fargo, ND, or Bristol, CT, definition of "blizzard"?
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

No complaints on the venue, just wish they could have gotten a different game to showcase the FCS. Like, one that isn't going to be a complete blow-out.

The App State/Montana playoff game a few years back was a great example of a spotlight FCS game. Great venue, great crowd, two great teams, and what turned out to be a great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

EWURanger wrote:No complaints on the venue, just wish they could have gotten a different game to showcase the FCS. Like, one that isn't going to be a complete blow-out.

The App State/Montana playoff game a few years back was a great example of a spotlight FCS game. Great venue, great crowd, two great teams, and what turned out to be a great game.

They're not broadcasting the game, just the pregame. And that will be mainly about NDSU, and possibly showing the FCS national poll as well. The game itself is just fodder. If it were NDSU vs UNI I doubt they would talk much about the game itself. Just like the FAMU-Hampton game they were last at, that was mainly about the 100.

This is all about ESPN giving some dap to NDSU and somewhat promote the FCS playoffs that they still have the rights to.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

BDKJMU wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
I need 50 CCs of sense of humor. Stat!
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Would have been better to do the Montana Eastern Washington game! Better Stadium, better teams, better game overall.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

They don't do the game, they do the pre-game show. Be prepared to be mocked, made the butt of jokes and laughed at all morning long. The College Gameday pre-game hosts are a bunch of total asshats. :ohno:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

andy7171 wrote:They don't do the game, they do the pre-game show. Be prepared to be mocked, made the butt of jokes and laughed at all morning long. The College Gameday pre-game hosts are a bunch of total asshats. :ohno:
Is it worth the publicity?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

They better behave

rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

DSUrocks07 wrote:
EWURanger wrote:No complaints on the venue, just wish they could have gotten a different game to showcase the FCS. Like, one that isn't going to be a complete blow-out.

They're not broadcasting the game, just the pregame. And that will be mainly about NDSU, and possibly showing the FCS national poll as well. The game itself is just fodder. If it were NDSU vs UNI I doubt they would talk much about the game itself. Just like the FAMU-Hampton game they were last at, that was mainly about the 100.

This is all about ESPN giving some dap to NDSU and somewhat promote the FCS playoffs that they still have the rights to.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
I listened to ESPNU's CFB podcast and they had Fowler on. He said they will talk about the greats that have come out of the FCS and about NDSU and the FCS playoff format, among other topics.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2

Post by rkwittem »

andy7171 wrote:They don't do the game, they do the pre-game show. Be prepared to be mocked, made the butt of jokes and laughed at all morning long. The College Gameday pre-game hosts are a bunch of total asshats. :ohno:
No they're not. What's your beef? They make fun of your team once?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

rkwittem wrote:
No. They do it every week. They were yucking it up last Saturday about going to Fargo.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

rkwittem wrote:
Not surprised you like them, considering all the FCS bashing they do, especially Herbstreit.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Grizalltheway wrote:
rkwittem wrote: No they're not. What's your beef? They make fun of your team once?
Not surprised you like them, considering all the FCS bashing they do, especially Herbstreit.
Pervstreit was very condescending on Mike & Mike.

Oh, we always do an alternative site every year.
K-State was surprised by NDSU and NDSU played a great game.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

This is much better than when they do some boring Ivy League game/atmosphere.
tcbison

Post by tcbison »

Here is a great article about the Bison.

A Look into the NDSU Football Program: Dominance awaiting National Attention

http://picksixpreviews.com/who-are-the-bison.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bring on the competition!
rkwittem
Level2
Level2

Post by rkwittem »

Grizalltheway wrote:
rkwittem wrote: No they're not. What's your beef? They make fun of your team once?
What do you expect? Most FCS-FBS meetings are dreadful, especially in the SE US. They can't possibly have time to cover all of FBS and FCS, right? I guess I really don't care about "FCS bashing."