Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 am
houndawg wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:46 am

We wouldn't need to be in the mid-east at all if we used our oil here first
Well, other people would still use it and it would still impact the global market for oil. And people do have things called planes and other modes of transportation so it's not like we can physically contain and isolate the Middle East from interacting with the rest of the world. And besides, fracking is bad, using our oil is bad, etc.
And other people could deal with the mid-east issues and we would save a lot of money on our military presence abroad.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:54 am

Well, other people would still use it and it would still impact the global market for oil. And people do have things called planes and other modes of transportation so it's not like we can physically contain and isolate the Middle East from interacting with the rest of the world. And besides, fracking is bad, using our oil is bad, etc.
And other people could deal with the mid-east issues and we would save a lot of money on our military presence abroad.
Too late, politicians don’t go out of business when they’re wrong and wrong the get right
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

It's more than just oil and who else exactly is going to deal with this? There aren't many countries in the world with the ability to project military force past their own borders. And it's not like we only have forward deployed troops in the Middle East either. Just like kalmie has this weird economic symmetry with Trump and his ideas, you're starting to sound way too close to that Majorie Green person when it comes to foreign policy. Politics is funny that way. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 am

It's more than just oil and who else exactly is going to deal with this? There aren't many countries in the world with the ability to project military force past their own borders. And it's not like we only have forward deployed troops in the Middle East either. Just like kalmie has this weird economic symmetry with Trump and his ideas, you're starting to sound way too close to that Majorie Green person when it comes to foreign policy. Politics is funny that way. :rofl:
China. And sooner than you think. :coffee:

And I totally missed MTG being for nationalizing oil...goes to show you never can tell
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 am

What’s weird about policies that help the working class? Whether Trump truly put them into action or not?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

To paraphrase…
Caribbean Hen wrote:Good grief, Trump is breaking all the records of stupidity

“We're in completely new territory here for a former president of the United States because we’ve always had a rule, which is don’t negotiate with terrorists, but Donald Trump and Marjorie Taylor Greene have gone beyond that —they’re actually negotiating for the terrorists," Burgum said.”
putin and russians are the equivalent of terrorists.

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Joe Biden in 2019 when asked about cutting off military aid to Israel.

"The idea that we would cut off military aid to an ally, our only true, true ally in the entire region, is absolutely preposterous. It's just beyond my comprehension anyone would do that."