Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Uvalde School Shooting

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:30 am

Agree on all you said...but, when one Border Patrol agent enters the room solo and takes the kid out, it leaves you questioning the plan or procedure.
Yes, it does, but they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. If they’d gotten this kid OUTSIDE the school when he crashed his truck, they’d have been accused of being racist, white power hungry cops who hate minorities, and then this kid would have been held up as a shining member of the Uvalde community, just misunderstood, Ala George Floyd.
I've been thinking the exact same thing. How many are now reluctant to do their job for fear of being vilified. Another reason why I'm respectful and do as told. Don't need to make their job more difficult.

Saw the usual nutjob Left is falsely saying ICE was going to deport parents because the specially trained team was brought in.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Thu May 26, 2022 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:12 am
I truly feel for them. It's a tough job that I couldn't do. Having worked with SWAT, ATF, DEA, Secret Service, and various other tactical teams from around the country - those people have a difficult job and are often times hamstrung by procedure. We can sit here and quarterback it all we want and wish they could've gone faster, or that the first cop had hit the fucker in the chest and dropped him immediately. Or chased him inside and unloaded into his back, etc...
Agree on all you said...but, when one Border Patrol agent enters the room solo and takes the kid out, it leaves you questioning the plan or procedure.
Do we even know that? I thought three guys entered the room once they got access - one guy had the shield (and took multiple hits from the gunman) and two other guys followed him in and took out the shooter. Amazing the lack of details at this point.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:37 am

Do we even know that? I thought three guys entered the room once they got access - one guy had the shield (and took multiple hits from the gunman) and two other guys followed him in and took out the shooter. Amazing the lack of details at this point.
That would make a lot more sense, but I've just been hearing it was one guy. Great point on lack of details. Getting busted by my own rule of waiting until all facts come out.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:40 am

That would make a lot more sense, but I've just been hearing it was one guy. Great point on lack of details. Getting busted by my own rule of waiting until all facts come out.
And it doesn’t help to delay the facts.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

But what about George Floyd?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:12 am
I truly feel for them. It's a tough job that I couldn't do. Having worked with SWAT, ATF, DEA, Secret Service, and various other tactical teams from around the country - those people have a difficult job and are often times hamstrung by procedure. We can sit here and quarterback it all we want and wish they could've gone faster, or that the first cop had hit the fucker in the chest and dropped him immediately. Or chased him inside and unloaded into his back, etc...
It really does. :nod:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:34 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am

Yes, it does, but they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. If they’d gotten this kid OUTSIDE the school when he crashed his truck, they’d have been accused of being racist, white power hungry cops who hate minorities, and then this kid would have been held up as a shining member of the Uvalde community, just misunderstood, Ala George Floyd.
I've been thinking the exact same thing. How many are now reluctant to do their job for fear of being vilified. Another reason why I'm respectful and do as told. Don't need to make their job more difficult.

Saw the usual nutjob Left is falsely saying ICE was going to deport parents because the specially trained team was brought in.
:lol: What horseshit. ICE wasn't going to use this event to get illegal immigrants.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

The video of the parents engaging with the police while their children are being killed is tough to watch.

What a phenomenally spectacular display of incompetence...they couldn't even distract the gunmen. Just another example of why so many have zero respect for the police while other first responders are actually respected.

Anyways, no need to respond. I'll be back to comment on the next mass shooting (probably in a few days since this is America) to remind this truly diverse forum that most of you don't actually care about anyone but yourselves.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:33 am
Baldy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:11 am
Really? The internet isnt that hard.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=ny%20tim ... lth%20&l=1
Yes really. What part of my post regarding Reagan’s actions is “completely wrong”? It ain’t exactly a secret.

I’m honestly interested in the rest of the story and deeper history of mental health administration you alluded to. I can admit to inaccuracies. But I’m not going to do a deeper dive on your assertions alone.

Your choice.
You claimed Reagan was "largely responsible for deinstitutionalizing the mentally ill both as governor and President". I posted a well researched, documented, in-depth, and seemingly unbiased article stating that the doors to the insane asylums were opened long before he was either Governor or President.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:40 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am
I think that:
  • A smart and well-run school voucher approach is a good thing.
  • Public education isn't perfect, it needs to be reformed.
  • Public education should be handled by the states.
  • Public education is a critical element to America being the land of opportunity and our long-term future global competitiveness depends on sound public education. As such, public education should be considered necessary infrastructure.
  • Many Republicans seem to want to gradually tear away at public education. Why? I don't know but it's as stupid as defunding the police.
Seriously? You don’t know why? Please tell me you’re kidding.
If you tell me that Republicans want to tear away at public education because they don't like some of the theories being taught then I'm going to tell you that Republicans are just as vindictive, short-sighted and stupid as Democrats.

As I've already stated - "public education is a critical element to America being the land of opportunity and our long-term future global competitiveness depends on sound public education. As such, public education should be considered necessary infrastructure." We need reform/improvements not to throw the baby away with the bath water. Tearing away at public education is unpatriotic and bad for business.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:41 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:33 am

Yes really. What part of my post regarding Reagan’s actions is “completely wrong”? It ain’t exactly a secret.

I’m honestly interested in the rest of the story and deeper history of mental health administration you alluded to. I can admit to inaccuracies. But I’m not going to do a deeper dive on your assertions alone.

Your choice.
You claimed Reagan was "largely responsible for deinstitutionalizing the mentally ill both as governor and President". I posted a well researched, documented, in-depth, and seemingly unbiased article stating that the doors to the insane asylums were opened long before he was either Governor or President.
Ok :lol:

If you had just posted the link instead of the smarmy “let me Google that for you” stuff I would have noticed the article and read it. I skimmed the first bit and will read in its entirety later. Curiously enough, there are murmurs of over-prescription running now. I look forward to the rest. So thank you. :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winner, winner! You were right and me and AP were wrong.

https://www.hstoday.us/featured/border- ... mpaign=RSS
Ortiz said that the team who entered the classroom where Ramos was barricaded included three members of the Border Patrol's tactical response unit.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GOP Senate Candidate Herschel Walker has an idea
What about looking at getting a department that can look at young men that’s looking at women that’s looking at their social media?”
https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/h ... 5QJ4NLIDU/
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Just got done with the Steve Kerr clip. He fucking nailed it.

Then I read this…

“Joe Garcia, the husband of Irma Garcia, one of two teachers shot and killed in Uvalde, TX on Tuesday, has reportedly suffered a fatal heart attack. Joe and Irma were high school sweethearts and married 24 years. They leave behind four children.”
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:17 pm Just got done with the Steve Kerr clip. He fucking nailed it.

Then I read this…

“Joe Garcia, the husband of Irma Garcia, one of two teachers shot and killed in Uvalde, TX on Tuesday, has reportedly suffered a fatal heart attack. Joe and Irma were high school sweethearts and married 24 years. They leave behind four children.”
Is this what Abbot mean when he said it could've been a lot worse? Fucking tool...

That's just heartbreaking. Those 4 children have lost their parents b/c some kid couldn't cope with his problems or shitty life and decided to take it out on others. I hope there is a hell and he's burning in it. :cry: :cry:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

The Texas Department of Public Safety official said the gunman was not confronted by a school resource officer outside the school, and apparently entered an unlocked door. The same law enforcement agency previously said an officer had "engaged" him.
You see, the thing about locks is that they only work when you engage them. :roll:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/texas- ... index.html
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:12 pm GOP Senate Candidate Herschel Walker has an idea
What about looking at getting a department that can look at young men that’s looking at women that’s looking at their social media?”
https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/h ... 5QJ4NLIDU/
He probably could have went to Georgia on an academic full ride as well.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:06 pm
The Texas Department of Public Safety official said the gunman was not confronted by a school resource officer outside the school, and apparently entered an unlocked door. The same law enforcement agency previously said an officer had "engaged" him.
You see, the thing about locks is that they only work when you engage them. :roll:

Like I said before, were kids or a gym class outside at this time and needed to get back in through that door? Although we've made schools more secure in the wake of Sandy Hook, they aren't fortresses either.

Amazing the amount of bad information out there in the first 24 hours. I realize it's a developing situation with a lot of people involved, but there's also been a large number of things reported that are now being revised or just flat out removed (for instance the first report that the armed guard on site fired at the gunman is apparently untrue and the gunman got into the building unopposed). Either the sources are having trouble communicating what happened (or are getting it wrong) or the media is reporting things without verifying or all of these.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:57 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:06 pm You see, the thing about locks is that they only work when you engage them. :roll:

Like I said before, were kids or a gym class outside at this time and needed to get back in through that door? Although we've made schools more secure in the wake of Sandy Hook, they aren't fortresses either.

Amazing the amount of bad information out there in the first 24 hours. I realize it's a developing situation with a lot of people involved, but there's also been a large number of things reported that are now being revised or just flat out removed (for instance the first report that the armed guard on site fired at the gunman is apparently untrue and the gunman got into the building unopposed). Either the sources are having trouble communicating what happened (or are getting it wrong) or the media is reporting things without verifying or all of these.
Fox News reporting the door was left unlocked.

Fucking grifters showing up in droves. That POS Beta making an ass of himself at the press conference, Meghan fucking Markle showing up in Uvalde to “lay a wreath”, now Biden is gonna go stump for more gun control FROM Uvalde.

Fuck all these people. Fuck them all. But especially Beta. What a complete horse’s ass. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that he will NOT win that county (despite it being a dem county) in the next gubernatorial election. He pissed a whole lotta people off with that fucked up stunt.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:06 pm You see, the thing about locks is that they only work when you engage them. :roll:

Now it’s reported the responding officers retreated after initial contact and there was no guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:57 pm Like I said before, were kids or a gym class outside at this time and needed to get back in through that door? Although we've made schools more secure in the wake of Sandy Hook, they aren't fortresses either.

Fucking grifters showing up in droves. That POS Beta making an ass of himself at the press conference, Meghan fucking Markle showing up in Uvalde to “lay a wreath”, now Biden is gonna go stump for more gun control FROM Uvalde.

Fuck all these people. Fuck them all. But especially Beta. What a complete horse’s ass. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that he will NOT win that county (despite it being a dem county) in the next gubernatorial election. He pissed a whole lotta people off with that fucked up stunt.
Yeah but that sort of crap wins him points with the hard left.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 pm
GannonFan wrote:

Now it’s reported the responding officers retreated after initial contact and there was no guard.

Yep.

Also, I got a few questions about the POS gunman:

Where did he get $5,000 to buy the two AR-style rifles and 375 rounds of ammo?
Who bought him the $50,000 F-150 he was driving?
Why was he living with his grandparents?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:

Yeah but that sort of crap wins him points with the hard left.

Just like Abbott’s comments on gun ownership scores points with the hard right. Beto was engaging in theater no doubt but someone from Texas needs to call out Abbott.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 pm Now it’s reported the responding officers retreated after initial contact and there was no guard.

Yep.

Also, I got a few questions about the POS gunman:

Where did he get $5,000 to buy the two AR-style rifles and 375 rounds of ammo?
Who bought him the $50,000 F-150 he was driving?
Why was he living with his grandparents?
Good questions. I read earlier he was living with his grandparents after he had a fight with his mom over disconnecting the WiFi. Take that with a grain of salt because the reporting out of Texas has been hit and miss.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:34 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:07 pm
Its not the Republicans who led the push to stop institutionalizing the mentally ill, and are against re-instating that.

How are Republicans trying to undermine public education?

Edit: God damn fat finger typos
Again - i'm not up to speed entirely on the issue but wouldn't school vouchers be undermining public education? Why should your tax dollars go to a private school that most likely has an endowment fund (I realize they all don't but so many do.)
If govt is spending 15k or whatever its up to now per pupil, and they give the kid say 5k for a school voucher, that would be saving 10k tax dollars.

As long as the voucher is less than what is being spent per pupil, would be saving tax dollars.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.