CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:31 am No shit. Is there a more out of touch poster on this entire board than Houndie? Except maybe JSO?
Trip has to be in the discussion. Anyone touting marxist ideals has zero grasp of history.
Or humanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:00 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:17 pm kalm and hound on the wrong side here. They live in fantasyland.
Labor is a market that businesses compete in. Demand is driven by wages. When people perceive they are under-paid or can’t afford an expected standard of living, they search elsewhere, revolt, or rely on public assistance.

What part am I wrong about?
that's where.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:00 pm
Labor is a market that businesses compete in. Demand is driven by wages. When people perceive they are under-paid or can’t afford an expected standard of living, they search elsewhere, revolt, or rely on public assistance.

What part am I wrong about?
that's where.
Is he?

If someone isn't making what they think they should be then they should search elsewhere. And elsewhere shouldn't be confined to other local jobs but should include moving to another location with better job prospects and/or getting training to increase their job prospects. Public assistance should be of limited duration.

I agree that employers should not be competing with public assistance that pays people more to stay home than they would make at a menial job.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 am

that's where.
Is he?

If someone isn't making what they think they should be then they should search elsewhere. And elsewhere shouldn't be confined to other local jobs but should include moving to another location with better job prospects and/or getting training to increase their job prospects. Public assistance should be of limited duration.

I agree that employers should not be competing with public assistance that pays people more to stay home than they would make at a menial job.
A standard of living shouldn't be "expected". It is earned. So maybe it's just semantics, but if you WANT a better standard of living, develop or learn a skill that gets you off of minimum or low wage jobs. But don't spend all your time bitching about the system and "the man" if you aren't willing to do the hard work necessary to get that "expected standard of living".
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Is he?

A standard of living shouldn't be "expected". It is earned. So maybe it's just semantics, but if you WANT a better standard of living, develop or learn a skill that gets you off of minimum or low wage jobs. But don't spend all your time bitching about the system and "the man" if you aren't willing to do the hard work necessary to get that "expected standard of living".
So I’m not wrong then. Got it.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:37 pm

A standard of living shouldn't be "expected". Clean up your language, slouch. :tothehand: :tothehand:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:44 pm
kalm wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:37 pm

A standard of living shouldn't be "expected". Clean up your language, slouch. :tothehand: :tothehand:
I’m not talking about how you and I view it, Simpie. Those carrying the pitchforks don’t want to hear “personal responsibility”.

But, but, but I didn’t REALLY mean they should eat cake!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:15 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:44 pm

I’m not talking about how you and I view it, Simpie. Those carrying the pitchforks don’t want to hear “personal responsibility”.

But, but, but I didn’t REALLY mean they should eat cake!
And therein lies the problem. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Who said Joe Biden would beat Trump in golf? Fess up.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm Who said Joe Biden would beat Trump in golf? Fess up.

Caddies call Trump "Pele". :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:32 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm Who said Joe Biden would beat Trump in golf? Fess up.

Uh huh.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:36 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:32 pm

Uh huh.

He cheats on every shot. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Can't be worse than Clinton. He took so many mulligans he probably hit the ball 200+ times a round. Magically he'd always tell the press he shot around 90.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:27 am Can't be worse than Clinton. He took so many mulligans he probably hit the ball 200+ times a round. Magically he'd always tell the press he shot around 90.
Wait for the bounce!!!

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Is he?

And sometimes one has to adjust "ones standard of living" to levels that fit your current skill set. And if one doesn't want to better their current skill set to increase their marketability, then they should look in the mirror.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:18 pm
And sometimes one has to adjust "ones standard of living" to levels that fit your current skill set and/or income. And if one doesn't want to better their current skill set and/or move to increase their marketability and income, then they should look in the mirror.
FYP

I do not make what I'm worth and make just enough to scrape by with some left over to see my kids. Now that I've been here two years and successfully stabilized the organization, I am confident that I could find another job in another location where I would make considerably more. I chose to stay here because I love my home, I enjoy the area and I have a good board of directors that appreciates what I've done and what I do. I make it work because it's what I want.

Life is about choices and sometimes those choices can be difficult ones like moving or giving up your current income to get training to prepare you for a higher paying job.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:18 pm

And sometimes one has to adjust "ones standard of living" to levels that fit your current skill set and/or income. And if one doesn't want to better their current skill set and/or move to increase their marketability and income, then they should look in the mirror.
FYP

I do not make what I'm worth and make just enough to scrape by with some left over to see my kids. Now that I've been here two years and successfully stabilized the organization, I am confident that I could find another job in another location where I would make considerably more. I chose to stay here because I love my home, I enjoy the area and I have a good board of directors that appreciates what I've done and what I do. I make it work because it's what I want.

Life is about choices and sometimes those choices can be difficult ones like moving or giving up your current income to get training to prepare you for a higher paying job.
Good fix and yup. :thumb:

I am in the exact same boat. I could move on and make much more, but I like the company I work for, I really like the department I am in and the team I lead, plus my boss gives me complete autonomy. Throw in the people I have had the chance to meet (some on this board) and/or work with and other intangibles, and to me those things are worth more than a larger paycheck.

Life is a funny thing sometime. I have learned lessons that I didn't think I needed to learn (and some were very unpleasant :lol: ) but I wouldn't change a thing if I had the chance. Currently in an industry/role that I didn't know existed until I took my current role and it wasn't till the last few years, I realized I found my dream job.

People get hung up on a paycheck number, title, or even a dream sometimes and loose sight of what is currently happening to them. One can become distracted by the mountains on the horizon and miss the scenery they are walking through (speaking from experience).
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:26 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 pm

FYP

I am in the exact same boat. I could move on and make much more, but I like the company I work for, I really like the department I am in and the team I lead, plus my boss gives me complete autonomy. Throw in the people I have had the chance to meet (some on this board) and/or work with and other intangibles, and to me those things are worth more than a larger paycheck.

Life is a funny thing sometime. I have learned lessons that I didn't think I needed to learn (and some were very unpleasant :lol: ) but I wouldn't change a thing if I had the chance. Currently in an industry/role that I didn't know existed until I took my current role and it wasn't till the last few years, I realized I found my dream job.

People get hung up on a paycheck number, title, or even a dream sometimes and loose sight of what is currently happening to them. One can become distracted by the mountains on the horizon and miss the scenery they are walking through (speaking from experience).
Great posts ^^

Most of my life culture has tried to make life easier...to a fault and without defining what is virtuous about easy or its downsides. That needs to be re-thought or at least appreciated by more.

Looking for someone to blame? Find a mirror.

Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the now. :nod:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Great posts ^^

Most of my life culture has tried to make life easier...to a fault and without defining what is virtuous about easy or its downsides. That needs to be re-thought or at least appreciated by more.

Carpe Diem or Memento Mori :mrgreen:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Great posts ^^

Again, the issue isn’t US. It’s those who don’t understand the bolded concept. Or your prior comment regarding personal accountability.

Life IS about choices. And how your life turns out many times can be a result of a series of poor choices made in your youth. Those folks have a tendency to avoid “mirrors” at all costs and instead blame society.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:28 pm

Great posts ^^

Again, the issue isn’t US. It’s those who don’t understand the bolded concept. Or your prior comment regarding personal accountability.

Life IS about choices. And how your life turns out many times can be a result of a series of poor choices made in your youth. Those folks have a tendency to avoid “mirrors” at all costs and instead blame society.
:nod: Excellent posts above.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

What’s worse? Snowflake conks who started the cancel campaign or the AP and CNN types enabling the culture?
Emily Wilder, a journalist and 2020 graduate of Stanford University, started a new job as an Associated Press news associate based in Maricopa County, Arizona, on May 3.

Two weeks later, she was unceremoniously fired by the news outlet after conservatives resurfaced old social media posts that drew attention from Republicans as prominent as Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton. In Wilder's eyes, her firing is the latest example of right-wing cancel culture.

"There's no question I was just canceled," Wilder told SFGATE by phone Thursday afternoon. "This is exactly the issue with the rhetoric around 'cancel culture.' To Republicans, cancel culture is usually seen as teens or young people online advocating that people be held accountable over accusations of racism or whatever it may be, but when it comes down to who actually has to deal with the lifelong ramifications of the selective enforcement of cancel culture — specifically over the issue of Israel and Palestine — it's always the same side."
https://www.sfgate.com/politics/amp/Emi ... pLiRf9YP3Q
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:12 am What’s worse? Snowflake conks who started the cancel campaign or the AP and CNN types enabling the culture?
Emily Wilder, a journalist and 2020 graduate of Stanford University, started a new job as an Associated Press news associate based in Maricopa County, Arizona, on May 3.

Two weeks later, she was unceremoniously fired by the news outlet after conservatives resurfaced old social media posts that drew attention from Republicans as prominent as Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton. In Wilder's eyes, her firing is the latest example of right-wing cancel culture.

"There's no question I was just canceled," Wilder told SFGATE by phone Thursday afternoon. "This is exactly the issue with the rhetoric around 'cancel culture.' To Republicans, cancel culture is usually seen as teens or young people online advocating that people be held accountable over accusations of racism or whatever it may be, but when it comes down to who actually has to deal with the lifelong ramifications of the selective enforcement of cancel culture — specifically over the issue of Israel and Palestine — it's always the same side."
Lol. “Always the same side”. Woke libs literally INVENTED cancel culture and have applied to to virtually every aspect of our lives. Now that it’s boomeranged back and affected her she’s suddenly concerned about it?

Fuck off, Wilder. Karma is a bitch.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:12 am
kalm wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:12 am What’s worse? Snowflake conks who started the cancel campaign or the AP and CNN types enabling the culture?

Lol. “Always the same side”. Woke libs literally INVENTED cancel culture and have applied to to virtually every aspect of our lives. Now that it’s boomeranged back and affected her she’s suddenly concerned about it?

Fuck off, Wilder. Karma is a bitch.
I think it's bullshit. We can't have it both ways. Those sniveling, conservative Karens who whined about Dr. Seuss and then orchestrated this need to stop, they aren't any better than their liberal counterparts.