What to do with Trump between now and when Biden takes over

Political discussions

What should we do with Trump between now and when Biden takes the oath of office?

Pence should take the lead, invoke the 25th, and boot him from office - he's a dangerous menace and has to go now
15%
Congress should impeach him and make him the first President to be impeached twice (assuming the Senate won't move fast enough to remove him)
15%
Let him stew in the White House the whole rest of his term and make sure the repo men are there to boot him out by noon on Jan 20th
41%
Pee in butt
30%

Total votes: 27

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: What to do with Trump between now and when Biden takes over

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:25 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am

Using the 25th amendment or impeachment against Nazi’s is fascistic?

Ok.
You forgot to add expelling any members of either House that voiced any opposition to the electoral certification, acquiescence to extra-legal non-government 3rd parties stamping out any viewpoint they consider objectionable or out of vogue (heck, even Merkel, who's closer to what historical fascism is than any of us are, expressed alarm and concern at that), and JSO's (you know, the poster you consider to be the most rational) ideas of banning a major political party, or banning it's members from voting. I'm sure JSO would like to go as far as banning them from procreating, but that might go a little tad further than what's considered "rational".
What are you even trying to grasp at here, Shotgun Schmidt? :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:40 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:25 am

You forgot to add expelling any members of either House that voiced any opposition to the electoral certification, acquiescence to extra-legal non-government 3rd parties stamping out any viewpoint they consider objectionable or out of vogue (heck, even Merkel, who's closer to what historical fascism is than any of us are, expressed alarm and concern at that), and JSO's (you know, the poster you consider to be the most rational) ideas of banning a major political party, or banning it's members from voting. I'm sure JSO would like to go as far as banning them from procreating, but that might go a little tad further than what's considered "rational".
Come on, it's not that difficult, you're just being obtuse, and I'm not even sure if that's just intentional on your part or not. You made pretty clear allusions that we're in the midst of a Nazi-like movement to seize power in the US and we should take any steps we can think of to stop it, and I said that trying to out-Nazi the rather paltry and poor imitation of historical fascists may not be the best way to approach this. And then Jelly chimed in with half-baked posts because that's what Jelly does. Got it?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:06 am

Come on, it's not that difficult, you're just being obtuse, and I'm not even sure if that's just intentional on your part or not. You made pretty clear allusions that we're in the midst of a Nazi-like movement to seize power in the US and we should take any steps we can think of to stop it, and I said that trying to out-Nazi the rather paltry and poor imitation of historical fascists may not be the best way to approach this. And then Jelly chimed in with half-baked posts because that's what Jelly does. Got it?
You said “we’re not anywhere near the vicinity of nazism.” I countered with examples of real life Nazi’s in our capital but also acknowledged I didn’t think were at a true threat of takeover.

Again, I don’t want to get even close.

From a historical standpoint, which we all know you appreciate, this concept shouldn’t be that hard to understand...even if you disagree.

Question: what do you think the seditionists were going to do if they had successfully reached Pelosi, Pence, and Schumer?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 am
You said “we’re not anywhere near the vicinity of nazism.” I countered with examples of real life Nazi’s in our capital but also acknowledged I didn’t think were at a true threat of takeover.

From a historical standpoint, which we all know you appreciate, this concept shouldn’t be that hard to understand...even if you disagree.

Question: what do you think the seditionists were going to do if they had successfully reached Pelosi, Pence, and Schumer?
Serious question - how are they "real life Nazi's"? I get that there were violent thugs trying to overturn the results of the election but I'm not sure that makes them Nazis. The term Nazi is an overused ctrl-left dog whistle.

Are you saying that the Trumpers have no reason to be angry and that they should be marginalized and the reasons for their anger ignored?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

LeadBolt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 pm We need to ignore and forget Trump. That is what will really hurt him.

The focus now should be on reconciliation. Impeachment will only widen the gulf.

Inauguration of Biden and reaching across the aisle to reasonable conks will go s long way.

At this point two groups that feel disenfranchised BLM’ers and DieHard Trumpers need to be reached out to and listened to. They both need attention. Neither should drive the agenda.

Some how objectivity needs to be restored to the media and the national dialogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said. Too bad odds of this happening are in the single digits.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:58 am
LeadBolt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 pm We need to ignore and forget Trump. That is what will really hurt him.

The focus now should be on reconciliation. Impeachment will only widen the gulf.

Inauguration of Biden and reaching across the aisle to reasonable conks will go s long way.

At this point two groups that feel disenfranchised BLM’ers and DieHard Trumpers need to be reached out to and listened to. They both need attention. Neither should drive the agenda.

Some how objectivity needs to be restored to the media and the national dialogue.

With Social Media cutting him off it's now on the MSM to forget him. Keep his name, image and voice out of the MSM and he'll stay on the fringes with OAN and Newsmaxx.
The irony with no Trump tweets to report on means the msm will have nothing to report on. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 am

The cabinet (what’s left of it) and the VP are sycophants who either side with the seditionists or are scared of them. Of course they don’t view Trump as an imminent threat. He’s a savior. But yeah...let’s trust Trump’s cabinet to determine threat. :lol:

The people who know him the best (outside of the cult) have been constantly warning that he will not leave office peacefully. That’s already proven to be true by his own actions and words. With further riots openly planned (nation wide) and potential for others we don’t know about, coupled with at least a little support from LE, military types, and Nazi’s, every effort should be made to get him out of office. Im not worried about a coup. I just don’t want to get anywhere close to Nazi. Fuck those guys.

As his close friend and confidante the Mooch once said, the fish rots from the head.
Well, first of all, we have no one else but the VP and the cabinet to trust if we're going to use the 25th. Just can't get around that.

As for the leaving peacefully, I have no doubt that Trump will leave peacefully - he's a narcissist and a buffoon, but foremost he's also lazy. He's not going to do the heavy lifting required to try to hang on to power. There's never been a doubt in my mind since election night that Trump will leave on Jan 20th and Biden will be the President. Sure, the cultists extremist will pop up here and there and there will be violence - heck, I remember back in 2016 how protests against Trump becoming President became violent - but we're not anywhere in the vicinity of Nazi-ism, and again, I blame the poor state of history education in this country for giving folks the barest of information that allows them to even make that ridiculous comparison.
:nod: The only people believing Trump wouldn't be leaving peacefully on Jan 20th are the extreme fringes on either side or retards that bought that dumb ass narrative to begin with.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:58 am

With Social Media cutting him off it's now on the MSM to forget him. Keep his name, image and voice out of the MSM and he'll stay on the fringes with OAN and Newsmaxx.
The irony with no Trump tweets to report on means the msm will have nothing to report on. :lol:
Come now. I'm sure there's a Tiger caring for a baby pig somewhere.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:23 am

Serious question - how are they "real life Nazi's"? I get that there were violent thugs trying to overturn the results of the election but I'm not sure that makes them Nazis. The term Nazi is an overused ctrl-left dog whistle.

Are you saying that the Trumpers have no reason to be angry and that they should be marginalized and the reasons for their anger ignored?
The Camp Aushwitz t-shirts inside the rotunda might have been a tell. Was everyone or even very many there a Nazi? No. But 1000’s marched with them and Dear Leader told them they were loved. Ah...the company you keep.

I used to laugh at the Aryan Nations Church in Hayden, ID too. I laughed less when my brother in law was investigating a homicide connected to one of their initiation rituals. Bring us the ear of a minority...it was some immigrant worker from Central Washington. Good times!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:23 am

The Camp Aushwitz t-shirts inside the rotunda might have been a tell. Was everyone or even very many there a Nazi? No. But 1000’s marched with them and Dear Leader told them they were loved. Ah...the company you keep.

I used to laugh at the Aryan Nations Church in Hayden, ID too. I laughed less when my brother in law was investigating a homicide connected to one of their initiation rituals. Bring us the ear of a minority...it was some immigrant worker from Central Washington. Good times!
If wearing a Camp Aushwitz t-shirt makes you a Nazi does wearing a Che t-shirt make you a Marxist? And what about this lady?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:23 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 am

If wearing a Camp Aushwitz t-shirt makes you a Nazi does wearing a Che t-shirt make you a Marxist? And what about this lady?

Neither do...on their own. :coffee:

But for the sake of argument, remember when AOC and her Brute Squad broke into Pelosi’s office?

Those were trying times.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:31 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:23 am

But for the sake of argument, remember when AOC and her Brute Squad broke into Pelosi’s office?

Those were trying times.
So saying there were "real life Nazi’s in our capital" was hyperbole?

Ganny and/or Ibanez have already addressed the differences between AOChe's brute squad and the MAGAt riot.

I do wonder if Trump should be held accountable for inciting the MAGAt riot, shouldn't Pelosi, AOChe and the rest at least be censured for their statements in support of the BLM/AnTiFa riots? Supporting and/or rationalizing violence, intimidation and property damage is wrong.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Nazi is a buzz word b/c most people don't know what a fascist is.

Right-wing authoritarian ultra-nationalism, anti-liberalism, anti-Semitism (among other characteristics) is fascism. As a group, did the Trump Supporters last week exhibit any of or all of those qualities?

Just being anti-Semitic or anti-liberal doesn't make you a fascist.

It's the purity movements which concern me more...and just as I predicted months ago, MAGA nation will turn on itself. They've already begun. Lindsey Graham is now a traitor. They want to hang Mike Pence.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Peems
I am a fan of: Da Griz

Post by Peems »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:19 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:02 am
100% true. You’re just oblivious to facts and are unable to objectively view reality.

Nope. Just like you said with voter fraud allegations- prove it in court.
Oh BDKJMU, what is a day in your life like?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:31 am

Those were trying times.

Ganny and/or Ibanez have already addressed the differences between AOChe's brute squad and the MAGAt riot.

I do wonder if Trump should be held accountable for inciting the MAGAt riot, shouldn't Pelosi, AOChe and the rest at least be censured for their statements in support of the BLM/AnTiFa riots? Supporting and/or rationalizing violence, intimidation and property damage is wrong.
Why would it be hyperbole if they were literally there? Our difference of opinion seems to be whether they should be taken seriously and whether AOC has proven to be an equal threat.

I’ll go back to my original point.

Nazi’s? Yeah...fuck those guys.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm

Nazi is a buzz word b/c most people don't know what a fascist is.

Right-wing authoritarian ultra-nationalism, anti-liberalism, anti-Semitism (among other characteristics) is fascism. As a group, did the Trump Supporters last week exhibit any of or all of those qualities?

Just being anti-Semitic or anti-liberal doesn't make you a fascist.

It's the purity movements which concern me more...and just as I predicted months ago, MAGA nation will turn on itself. They've already begun. Lindsey Graham is now a traitor. They want to hang Mike Pence.
Did you catch the Shwartzenager speech.

He grew up in Austria watching the men of his town drink themselves to death and his father beat him over guilt from association.

He seems to feel the threat is worth a reminder and goes as far as calling out Republican leaders for being spineless in the face of fascist threats (side note...when the terminator calls you spineless, you’re doing it wrong :lol: )

But what does he know about Nazi history?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:18 pm

I still think that's the best option. Two impeachments in just about one year is a terrible precedent anyway (and goes back to the Dems making a bad decision on the first impeachment as that looks less and less like high crimes and misdemeanors compared to last week's debacle) - I'd rather not be in a mode where whenever the opposing party controls the House that we're constantly talking about impeaching the opposing party's President like we have this past 4 years. Obviously Trump has a large amount of blame to shoulder in making that happen this time, but not all the blame and the more we set precedent the more likely we repeat it. Hadn't impeached a President in 130 years before we impeached Clinton, and now we're looking at 3 impeachments in 20 years.

And the 25th amendment really relies on the VP and the cabinet, obviously, and they seem to think he's not an imminent danger for the next week until he's gone. I wonder if Pence and the others would make a different decision if he had a year or more to go rather than just a week.
The cabinet (what’s left of it) and the VP are sycophants who either side with the seditionists or are scared of them. Of course they don’t view Trump as an imminent threat. He’s a savior. But yeah...let’s trust Trump’s cabinet to determine threat. :lol:

The people who know him the best (outside of the cult) have been constantly warning that he will not leave office peacefully. That’s already proven to be true by his own actions and words. With further riots openly planned (nation wide) and potential for others we don’t know about, coupled with at least a little support from LE, military types, and Nazi’s, every effort should be made to get him out of office. Im not worried about a coup. I just don’t want to get anywhere close to Nazi. Fuck those guys.

As his close friend and confidante the Mooch once said, the fish rots from the head.
No it hasn't. I bet he leaves WH on the 19th (or early the 20th for that matter), and all the fapping on the left about him being forcibly removed from the WH would have been just fapping.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:39 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 am I agree with you. I guess Blue Lives Matter for only a little while. It seemed to not matter when they were beating up officers and killing one.

Wednesday started out as peaceful and i was fine with it. It's the constitutional right. The MOMENT they broke the law and began going where they weren't, vandalizing buildings and instilling fear is the moment they lost credibility. That's just my opinion.

One thing that didn't bother me was the fear in the eyes of the Congress-people. Now those motherfuckers know how the people felt Parkland and Columbine, et al., felt.

And shitting on the floors and smearing it on the walls pretty much sums up their vistors. :coffee:

Not to mention tasering your own balls while looting until you die... :rofl: Rush is right...you can't make this stuff up
Link?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 am

Well, first of all, we have no one else but the VP and the cabinet to trust if we're going to use the 25th. Just can't get around that.

As for the leaving peacefully, I have no doubt that Trump will leave peacefully - he's a narcissist and a buffoon, but foremost he's also lazy. He's not going to do the heavy lifting required to try to hang on to power. There's never been a doubt in my mind since election night that Trump will leave on Jan 20th and Biden will be the President. Sure, the cultists extremist will pop up here and there and there will be violence - heck, I remember back in 2016 how protests against Trump becoming President became violent - but we're not anywhere in the vicinity of Nazi-ism, and again, I blame the poor state of history education in this country for giving folks the barest of information that allows them to even make that ridiculous comparison.
Aside from recently popularized beer hall echoes...there were literally Nazi’s inside our capital last week. Will they rise to power a la 30’s Germany? Of course not. Do we tolerate them and wait for their cult leader to quietly go away? Only if we want to tolerate Nazi’s.

Toleration of anything close to cult of personality Nazi behavior by real Nazi’s and a leader who loves them really shouldn’t be an idea to ponder.

Throw everything at them resoundingly.

We’re supposed to hate those guys...... if we pay attention to history.
Wait, you're going to try to compare this to the Beer Hall Putsch. :suspicious: Really? :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Don't stop him now. He's on a conks are NAZIs/Trump is Hitler roll.. :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:41 am

:nod: The only people believing Trump wouldn't be leaving peacefully on Jan 20th are the extreme fringes on either side or retards that bought that dumb ass narrative to begin with.
Yep. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:47 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 am

Why would it be hyperbole if they were literally there? Our difference of opinion seems to be whether they should be taken seriously and whether AOC has proven to be an equal threat.

Did I say they shouldn't be taken seriously? And I think we should be listening to Arnold.

The difference between your Nazis and the "Marxists" is very similar to the difference between Trump and Hillary. Trump is an overt buffoon who was pretty upfront about his true intentions. Hillary was covert and much more her circumspect about her true intentions. I'm more concerned about the covert, insidious ctrl-left takeover of our government than I am about the alt-right buffoons who were bumbling through our Capital.

Peems
I am a fan of: Da Griz

Post by Peems »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Did I say they shouldn't be taken seriously? And I think we should be listening to Arnold.

The difference between your Nazis and the "Marxists" is very similar to the difference between Trump and Hillary. Trump is an overt buffoon who was pretty upfront about his true intentions. Hillary was covert and much more her circumspect about her true intentions. I'm more concerned about the covert, insidious ctrl-left takeover of our government than I am about the alt-right buffoons who were bumbling through our Capital.
What does this even mean?!!?! What a time to be alive!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BTW Trumps last 2 tweets that were cited by Twitter as a reason for his banning on Friday:
“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!
“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”
Somehow the above was inciting violence. :suspicious:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Another thing, if the left's assertion that Trump should be impeached because his comments/speech Wed morning at the DC Ellipse incited a mob to storm Congress, how come the media is replaying Trumps speech illustrating how he incited this "attack" on Congress. Why is this? You would think they would be wall to wall on this if they had videotape of Trump inciting a mob. They'd have it on a repeating loop. You couldn't miss it. But where is it?