Political discussions
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by GannonFan »

PA continues to be a mess in terms of handling. Although PA, NJ, DE, and NY were supposedly going to be working together with their response and reopenings, that's not happening. Hair cuts have been allowed in DE for a few weeks, NJ is about to allow them, and Wolf is saying not until places go to Green in PA, which could be another month for some places, even much longer for others. Jersey obviously opened the beaches to avoid economic catastrophe with summer coming up, and now Wolf is calling on PA residents to not go down the shore. Mayors in Jersey are saying come anyway. And PA finally today released nursing home data as to how many cases and how many deaths at specific nursing homes, after resisting to do this for weeks. Still can't go to buy a car in PA (or at least the red parts of PA) - you can go to the same place and get your car serviced, but for some reason can't go to the same place and buy a fancy and clean car. Not really Wolf's shining moment right now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Wait...
are we blaming China for spreading a hoax
or are we blaming China for spreading the CVD-19 virus

:tothehand:

I feel like it needs to be one or the other
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chizzang wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:53 pm Wait...

I need somebody to explain this to me like I was a 5 yr old

The conundrum comes from too many people listening, and to my amazement, believing the President that talks like a 5 year old
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

We're pretending it's a meme with some true info mixed with some false info.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:45 pm PA continues to be a mess in terms of handling. Although PA, NJ, DE, and NY were supposedly going to be working together with their response and reopenings, that's not happening. Hair cuts have been allowed in DE for a few weeks, NJ is about to allow them, and Wolf is saying not until places go to Green in PA, which could be another month for some places, even much longer for others. Jersey obviously opened the beaches to avoid economic catastrophe with summer coming up, and now Wolf is calling on PA residents to not go down the shore. Mayors in Jersey are saying come anyway. And PA finally today released nursing home data as to how many cases and how many deaths at specific nursing homes, after resisting to do this for weeks. Still can't go to buy a car in PA (or at least the red parts of PA) - you can go to the same place and get your car serviced, but for some reason can't go to the same place and buy a fancy and clean car. Not really Wolf's shining moment right now.
Haircuts (with restrictions) started in Delaware 11 days ago (May 8), but those are only for "essential workers" and I assume for only Delaware residents.
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... 086162001/
If that wasn't the case, I would have tried to get a cut in Delaware already. Was going to try in VA this past weekend, as they allowed barbershops to open with restrictions last Fri (5/15), but it didn't happen for me. I'm hoping to get a cut somewhere between PA and VA in the next 2 1/2 weeks..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:Wait...

You might want to direct that question at the people here who said the virus was a hoax

As for me, there is no conundrum

China covered up this virus in the crucial period when it could have been contained, with the assistance of a co-opted WHO General Secretary (who also has a history of covering up outbreaks of disease in Ethiopia)

Once again, people are somehow thinking that criticizing China is a defense of Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Weird how China alters data...

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:03 pm Weird how China alters data...

Woopsie!

Georgia appears to have a similar issue....

“Others worry the data is being portrayed in a way that favors Kemp’s early easing of restrictions. A separate graph on DPH’s page has led readers to think that cases were dropping dramatically, even though lower case numbers were the result of a lag in data collection.

“I have a hard time understanding how this happens without it being deliberate,” said State Rep. Jasmine Clark, D-Lilburn, who received her doctorate in microbiology and molecular genetics at Emory University. “Literally nowhere ever in any type of statistics would that be acceptable.”

Wrong information about Georgia’s battle against COVID-19 is already shaping the way the public sees the state. A Friday column in The Wall Street Journal dubbed Kemp’s controversial decision to begin reopening, “The Georgia Model.”

It said the state is experiencing “a welcome trend of declining new cases and deaths.”

In fact, seven-day rolling averages of cases show only a slight decline over two weeks. Deaths appear to have plateaued, according to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution analysis of daily DPH reports. The impact of reopening Georgia’s economy is still too early to measure for both new infections and deaths because of the lag time between an infection, testing, diagnosis and, potentially, death.“

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regiona ... 8vO11NVGO/
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Expand your mind. There's a scenario where both can coexist. :coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:08 am

I'm pretty familiar with the gymnastics required to retain support for President Trump
a world where every possibility is happening simultaneously
depending on who you're talking to at that moment

:coffee:

haven't we all been watching that live for 3 years now ?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Here's a link to the tweet so you can read the whole thread.

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1262783822925647872
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:19 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:08 am

I'm pretty familiar with the gymnastics required to retain support for President Trump
a world where every possibility is happening simultaneously
depending on who you're talking to at that moment

:coffee:

haven't we all been watching that live for 3 years now ?
:lol: I don't think my sarcastic comment deserved that big of a response.
A simple "fuck you" would have sufficed. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:26 am Here's a link to the tweet so you can read the whole thread.

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1262783822925647872
Yeah, PA is a crap show right now in terms of how to handle a pandemic. If PA wasn't so politically screwed up at the state level as it's historically been, this would be an even bigger story. PA government completely fumbled the ball on nursing homes while at the same time were arbitrary and capricious about what was, and still is, allowed to be open. Wolf can't run again as his term limits are up, but he wouldn't be in a strong place if he did have to run again. Can't imagine the Biden camp is happy about the state of affairs in PA - the potential to flip this state in November gets worse and worse as time goes on.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:Weird how China alters data...

Non sequitur

China’s one-Party apparatus craves complete power, just as politicians in free societies do

And like China’s CCP those politicians will lie to avoid accountability or to appease their constituencies

The difference is that in China, you won’t see reporting like what you posted without somebody disappearing, and there’s no independent media so they won’t report it, either.

Wasn’t it you who got in a tizzy over me posting boat people a few days ago? Something about being intentionally obtuse or something?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:10 am
Chizzang wrote:Weird how China alters data...

Non sequitur

China’s one-Party apparatus craves complete power, just as politicians in free societies do

And like China’s CCP those politicians will lie to avoid accountability or to appease their constituencies

The difference is that in China, you won’t see reporting like what you posted without somebody disappearing, and there’s no independent media so they won’t report it, either.

Wasn’t it you who got in a tizzy over me posting boat people a few days ago? Something about being intentionally obtuse or something?
please don't think I'm supporting China - fuck China
I'm just entertaining myself with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announcing that China was lying to the world
Then he pulls the same tricks China pulled - and lies to the world

:nod:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:10 am Non sequitur

I'm just entertaining myself with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announcing that China was lying to the world

Well its a good thing we aren’t China, then

otherwise you wouldn’t be wise to the irony because you wouldn’t know about it

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am
Chizzang wrote:

Well its a good thing we aren’t China, then

if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle...
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am Well its a good thing we aren’t China, then

if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle...
If frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their asses when they land

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Well......

She is a "data scientist"...a computer geek, not an epidemiologist.

The *actual* epidemiologist told her to correct her flawed data and she refused. She got fired for insubordination.

Context means everything.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:39 am

Woopsie!

“Others worry the data is being portrayed in a way that favors Kemp’s early easing of restrictions. A separate graph on DPH’s page has led readers to think that cases were dropping dramatically, even though lower case numbers were the result of a lag in data collection.

“I have a hard time understanding how this happens without it being deliberate,” said State Rep. Jasmine Clark, D-Lilburn, who received her doctorate in microbiology and molecular genetics at Emory University. “Literally nowhere ever in any type of statistics would that be acceptable.”

Wrong information about Georgia’s battle against COVID-19 is already shaping the way the public sees the state. A Friday column in The Wall Street Journal dubbed Kemp’s controversial decision to begin reopening, “The Georgia Model.”

It said the state is experiencing “a welcome trend of declining new cases and deaths.”

In fact, seven-day rolling averages of cases show only a slight decline over two weeks. Deaths appear to have plateaued, according to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution analysis of daily DPH reports. The impact of reopening Georgia’s economy is still too early to measure for both new infections and deaths because of the lag time between an infection, testing, diagnosis and, potentially, death.“

Not really...a few dates got mismatched. No big deal.

State Reps with a (D) behind their name and the AJC still have a hard-on about the 2018 election. They can't call out the Governor because cases have actually flattened out and decreased while testing has increased exponentially, so they have got to concoct some sort of "controversy".
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 am
kalm wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:39 am

Woopsie!

State Reps with a (D) behind their name and the AJC still have a hard-on about the 2018 election. They can't call out the Governor because cases have actually flattened out and decreased while testing has increased exponentially, so they have got to concoct some sort of "controversy".
link
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Chizzang wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 am

link
See below.
Spoiler: show
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm

link
See below.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm

link
See below.
Exactly!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:10 pm
Chizzang wrote:Wait...

You might want to direct that question at the people here who said the virus was a hoax

As for me, there is no conundrum

China covered up this virus in the crucial period when it could have been contained, with the assistance of a co-opted WHO General Secretary (who also has a history of covering up outbreaks of disease in Ethiopia)

Once again, people are somehow thinking that criticizing China is a defense of Trump

This. It's really not that hard to understand.