Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-17

Post by JALMOND »

All games are being played on Saturday and 4 games against the strong Missouri Valley conference. Portland State and Eastern Washington are sitting this weekend out which leaves 10 games on the docket. After last week, I am at 20-3 for the year and hoping for perfection. Here are the picks for this weekend in the Big Sky.

UM at Indiana State (Missouri Valley)---The Grizzlies have been rolling at home with a potent offense and some stingy defense. This is their first venture on the road for the season and it is in the heart of Missouri Valley country. Any difference?...UM 31, Indiana State 17.

CP at South Dakota (Missouri Valley)---Fresh off their home win last week, the Mustangs hope to parlay that momentum into another win as they join the Big Sky contingent heading east into Missouri Valley country. Will their success last week carry over to this week?...South Dakota 31, CP 20.

Drake (Pioneer) at UI---Playing two money games against Power 5 teams, the Vandals more than held their own, even if they did not get a win in either game. They look set to make some noise in conference but they have a pesky non-scholly team first...UI 38, Drake 7.

Central Arkansas (ASUN) at ISU---Their two games to start the year against the Mountain West showed that the Bengals are not quite ready for the FBS level. They have their home opener and a return to the FCS this week, but against a quality foe...ISU 31, Central Arkansas 28.

North Dakota (Missouri Valley) at NAU---The home opener for the Lumberjacks and the only Big Sky/Missouri Valley game played on the Big Sky home turf. They got a good road win against a quality opponent last week and this game will be equally as tough...NAU 28, North Dakota 23.

SAC at Northern Iowa (Missouri Valley)---The Hornets had two weeks to prepare for this game and join the Big Sky migration eastward into a tough place to play and a tough place to win. Can they get a win and stay near the top of the conference?...SAC 28, Northern Iowa 24.

UNC at Lamar (Southland)---After an odd home loss to the Southland's doormat, the Bears played an FBS team tough and competitive for three quarters at least. This week, they venture into the Southland for a game against a much better team than in the first week...Lamar 23, UNC 20.

MSU vs Oregon State (FBS Pac-12) in Portland---The Bobcats have come out like gangbusters, holding down their home field and looking tough doing it. This week, theymove up a level to the FBS and play the Pac-12, a conference that hasn't been kind to the Big Sky...Oregon State 28, MSU 26.

Utah Tech (WAC) at WSU---The Wildcats dispatched one of their FBS brethren last week in strong style. They certainly do not want to see one of their FCS brethren come into their house and do to them what they did last week. They would rather keep the mojo going...WSU 41, Utah Tech 10.

San Diego (Pioneer) at UCD---A close game last week to a nationwide FCS heavyweight has the Aggies thinking they could do good things this year. They would not want their non-scholly cohorts from the south come in and rob them of that, right?...UCD 38, San Diego 7.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-17

Post by AZGrizFan »

Why do you keep insisting every week that the teams are going to score 17 on the Griz D? Hoping that once you’ll be right? Lol

It will be an absolute Christmas miracle if this isn’t another shutout.

Oh, and I’m assuming you meant the NAU/UND game is the only BSC/MFVC game played on Big Sky home turf THIS week.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Montana d. @ IN State 56-0
Cal Poly l. @ South Dakota 27-3
Drake l. @ Idaho 27-6
C. Arkansas d. @ ID State 17-14
North Dakota l. @ N. Arizona 42-24
Sac State d. @ N. Iowa 42-27
N. Colorado l. @ Lamar 23-20
MT State d. @ OR State 42-28
UT Tech l. @ Weber State 63-10
San Diego d. @ UC Davis 31-8

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Cal Poly 17-31 SoDakHow many Carson Camp overthrows would it take for the Coyotes to lose this one?

San Diego 13-35 DavisI'm not convinced Davis should be ranked, but they're still better than Cal Poly

Sac State 35-31 Yunie — Are the Panthers better than they've looked thus far?

Drake 14-41 IdahoDrake has scored exactly 14 points in each of their last 4 games :lol:

UCA 31-21 Idaho St. — The Bengals have lost 11-straight non-conference games since upsetting Nevada 5 years ago

Utah Tech 10-41 WeberWeber's defense has only allowed 3 points thus far

NoDak 29-31 NAUI think NoDak may be the better team, but I'll take the Walkup Skydome

Montana 26-6 Indiana St. — Expect a lot of field goal attempts in this one…

Montana St. 17-42 Oregon St.As shocking as it sounds, these two teams have never met :suspicious:

NoCo 24-31 LamarCan the Bears get road revenge on Lamar after HBU got road revenge on them?
VandalBasher

Post by VandalBasher »

If Montana St. beats OSU, the Big Sky will upend the Mountain West.

This would be an epic coup, especially if OSU wins the PAC12. One could only hope.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

VandalBasher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:23 pm If Montana St. beats OSU, the Big Sky will upend the Mountain West.

This would be an epic coup, especially if OSU wins the PAC12. One could only hope.
Why is this idea so monumental? OR State has a history of playing to the level of the competition, and that goes AT LEAST as far back as '95, when they lost to 3-8 UOP, which gave up the ghost after that season. While that was technically a FBS-FBS matchup, the Big West at the time probably should have been FCS, which would have made that game a scalp. And OR State HAS been scalped in the past. Even Sac State (2011) and EWU (2013) have a scalps of OR State in recent years....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

VandalBasher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:23 pm If Montana St. beats OSU, the Big Sky will upend the Mountain West.

Idaho looks much improved in one offseason under the new regime. Very good sign for the Vandals.

Edit: OSU had an impressive road win at Fresno last week. I think MSU can keep it close but OSU should win.
Last edited by SDHornet on Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

USDakota
dungpilers
UNI
UI
UCA
WSU
NAU
UM
OSU
Lamar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Say it ain't so, SD!?!

:'(

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:45 pm Say it ain't so, SD!?!

:'(
I've seen nothing from either team to sway me from my preseason pick of this being a Hornet loss. Hope I'm wrong through, I'd love to add a UNI hat to my wardrobe.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:35 pm All games are being played on Saturday and 4 games against the strong Missouri Valley conference. Portland State and Eastern Washington are sitting this weekend out which leaves 10 games on the docket. After last week, I am at 20-3 for the year and hoping for perfection. Here are the picks for this weekend in the Big Sky.

UM at Indiana State (Missouri Valley)---The Grizzlies have been rolling at home with a potent offense and some stingy defense. This is their first venture on the road for the season and it is in the heart of Missouri Valley country. Any difference?...UM 31, Indiana State 17.

CP at South Dakota (Missouri Valley)---Fresh off their home win last week, the Mustangs hope to parlay that momentum into another win as they join the Big Sky contingent heading east into Missouri Valley country. Will their success last week carry over to this week?...South Dakota 31, CP 20.

Drake (Pioneer) at UI---Playing two money games against Power 5 teams, the Vandals more than held their own, even if they did not get a win in either game. They look set to make some noise in conference but they have a pesky non-scholly team first...UI 38, Drake 7.

Central Arkansas (ASUN) at ISU---Their two games to start the year against the Mountain West showed that the Bengals are not quite ready for the FBS level. They have their home opener and a return to the FCS this week, but against a quality foe...ISU 31, Central Arkansas 28.

North Dakota (Missouri Valley) at NAU---The home opener for the Lumberjacks and the only Big Sky/Missouri Valley game played on the Big Sky home turf. They got a good road win against a quality opponent last week and this game will be equally as tough...NAU 28, North Dakota 23.

SAC at Northern Iowa (Missouri Valley)---The Hornets had two weeks to prepare for this game and join the Big Sky migration eastward into a tough place to play and a tough place to win. Can they get a win and stay near the top of the conference?...SAC 28, Northern Iowa 24.

UNC at Lamar (Southland)---After an odd home loss to the Southland's doormat, the Bears played an FBS team tough and competitive for three quarters at least. This week, they venture into the Southland for a game against a much better team than in the first week...Lamar 23, UNC 20.

MSU vs Oregon State (FBS Pac-12) in Portland---The Bobcats have come out like gangbusters, holding down their home field and looking tough doing it. This week, theymove up a level to the FBS and play the Pac-12, a conference that hasn't been kind to the Big Sky...Oregon State 28, MSU 26.

Utah Tech (WAC) at WSU---The Wildcats dispatched one of their FBS brethren last week in strong style. They certainly do not want to see one of their FCS brethren come into their house and do to them what they did last week. They would rather keep the mojo going...WSU 41, Utah Tech 10.

San Diego (Pioneer) at UCD---A close game last week to a nationwide FCS heavyweight has the Aggies thinking they could do good things this year. They would not want their non-scholly cohorts from the south come in and rob them of that, right?...UCD 38, San Diego 7.
7-3 this week, 27-6 overall heading into conference play.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:57 pm Why do you keep insisting every week that the teams are going to score 17 on the Griz D? Hoping that once you’ll be right? Lol

Oh, and I’m assuming you meant the NAU/UND game is the only BSC/MFVC game played on Big Sky home turf THIS week.
I don't even know what to say about the first quarter for the Griz D. They didn't look anything like themselves and giving up a 50+ yard TD run was insane. I'm happy they righted the ship shortly after but man that was crazy.
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

Vidav wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:23 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:57 pm Why do you keep insisting every week that the teams are going to score 17 on the Griz D? Hoping that once you’ll be right? Lol

I don't even know what to say about the first quarter for the Griz D. They didn't look anything like themselves and giving up a 50+ yard TD run was insane. I'm happy they righted the ship shortly after but man that was crazy.
Coaches didn't get the playcall in to them. The ball was snapped before our guys were even set. Not a good excuse, but it's what happened.