2 Free Tix - Delaware St @ Delaware on Sunday

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
superman7515
I am a fan of: Delaware

2 Free Tix - Delaware St @ Delaware on Sunday

Post by superman7515 »

Due to the Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles tomorrow at 1:00 pm, I have two extra tickets for tomorrow's game at Delaware Stadium if any of you Mid-Atlantic folks feel like making the drive over. Third row at about the 40-yard line. Gates open at 10:00 am, I can meet ya there any time after breakfast to give you the tickets.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2 Free Tix - Delaware St @ Delaware on Sunday

Post by BDKJMU »

Wait, you mean you'd skip a UD/DSU game for the Delaware state title to go to an Eagles game! :shock:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
superman7515

Post by superman7515 »

Actually, no, I'm not an Eagles fan. My brother, however, is still of the delusion they will eventually win something meaningful in his lifetime. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

That game will be lucky to draw 5,000 actual.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

BDKJMU wrote:Wait, you mean you'd skip a UD/DSU game for the Delaware state title to go to an Eagles game! :shock:
That would be the Delaware State Championship OF THE WORLD!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

superman7515 wrote:Due to the Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles tomorrow at 1:00 pm, I have two extra tickets for tomorrow's game at Delaware Stadium if any of you Mid-Atlantic folks feel like making the drive over. Third row at about the 40-yard line. Gates open at 10:00 am, I can meet ya there any time after breakfast to give you the tickets.

Everyone has extra tickets...you'll have to up the bid in order to dump them.

superman is giving you his tickets...plus $20 worth of gas money, $30 worth of concession money (we have something called, "Grotto's pizza", which is designed exclusively for drunk people without taste buds,), and $50 worth of UD merchandise that will otherwise be shipped to some third world country.

Who is willing to take superman's package (dback, that is not what you hope it to be)? :suspicious:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
superman7515

Post by superman7515 »

Cluck U wrote:Who is willing to take superman's package (dback, that is not what you hope it to be)? :suspicious:
Or is it???

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

DSUrocks07 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Wait, you mean you'd skip a UD/DSU game for the Delaware state title to go to an Eagles game! :shock:
That would be the Delaware State Championship OF THE WORLD!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

When 2 state rivals play its usually for some trophy, sword, axe, bucket, animal or something. What is at stake in the UD/DSU game?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
superman7515

Post by superman7515 »

BDKJMU wrote:When 2 state rivals play its usually for some trophy, sword, axe, bucket, animal or something. What is at stake in the UD/DSU game?
The "First State Cup"...

DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

superman7515 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:When 2 state rivals play its usually for some trophy, sword, axe, bucket, animal or something. What is at stake in the UD/DSU game?
The "First State Cup"...

awful trophy design

"UofD D.S.U."

g.g.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

This is a great thread! UD nation in full-throated disgust about the upcoming season, with appropriate "seasoning" by DSURocks! :notworthy: :notworthy: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb: :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Upcoming season? Try upcoming foreseeable future. No talent, no coaching, no vision, no support from the President or BOT.

Hell, the soccer team just got a big donation and they are displacing and angering football season ticket holders to do the soccer stadium work. :lol:

Delaware football is under a self induced coma after throat surgery.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

I ate my 4 tickets & parking pass yesterday. I had purchased Eagles home opener tickets back in the spring when they went on sale & took my boys to their first NFL game. At halftime, down 17-0 it didn't feel like the best move but the Eagles crushed the Jags in the 2nd half & judging by what I heard the environment was in Newark yesterday - we made the right move.

We'll be there Saturday to see the Colgate game.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

93henfan wrote:That game will be lucky to draw 5,000 actual.
Nailed it.
On a picture-perfect makeup day, the University of Delaware was awarded its fifth consecutive First State Cup on Sunday afternoon after easily defeating Delaware State University 27-9 in front of an estimated crowd of 5,000.
http://www.newarkpostonline.com/sports/ ... 34fdc.html
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:Upcoming season? Try upcoming foreseeable future. No talent, no coaching, no vision, no support from the President or BOT.

Hell, the soccer team just got a big donation and they are displacing and angering football season ticket holders to do the soccer stadium work. :lol:

Delaware football is under a self induced coma after throat surgery.
Yup, yesterday was just a great example of the fall of Delaware football. I was there, with 5k others, to witness just a lackluster and irrelevant display of college football and the atmosphere. To think we used to pack 22k in for every game just 8 years ago. They killed the golden goose when they clumsily set about to fleece the pockets of lifelong UD fans while not upgrading anything (stadium, opponents, atmosphere, etc). Now only a move to FBS would seem to offer any chance of reigniting the spark in Newark and frankly, there's no indication that would ever be considered. UD football is dead.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GF, your post a week or two ago on GoHens was the most eloquent and spot-on portrayal of the current situation that I have read. I'm glad you wrote it because Ziady and his minions do troll the board.

There are really only two choices at this point: bottom barrel FBS or drop the program. They've driven away the FCS market fans at our alma mater.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:There are really only two choices at this point: bottom barrel FBS or drop the program. They've driven away the FCS market fans at our alma mater.
I would agree IF a couple more teams make the move. As long as Towson, nova, W&M, Richmond, JMU... all stay in the CAA, there is no reason they can't win back fans at the I-AA level. It will be a long, difficult battle though.
ChickenMan
Level2
Level2

Post by ChickenMan »

The days of 20,000+ in the Tub are gone and they won't be back. CAA or low level FBS won't change the downward slide much at all. UD will be looking at crowds around or under 10,000 in just a few more years.

"the closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program"... Ronald Reagan
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:GF, your post a week or two ago on GoHens was the most eloquent and spot-on portrayal of the current situation that I have read. I'm glad you wrote it because Ziady and his minions do troll the board.

There are really only two choices at this point: bottom barrel FBS or drop the program. They've driven away the FCS market fans at our alma mater.
And for some reason that thread has disappeared from GoHens.

I've really lessened my postings over the past year, partly because my kids take up so much of my time now anyway, but also partly because the thrill, after 40 some odd years, is gone for me. When my parents decide they don't want to or they can't go to games anymore, it's likely that I'll stop going too. I never thought I would say that, but my days as a UD football fan are coming to an end. I'll still root for them and follow them, but I'm not going to waste time or money on going to games and supporting the program when the University itself doesn't want to either. My kids, sadly, will never be UD fans now and my oldest declined to go to the DSU game this weekend.

If they move to FBS and get into the American Conference, all that could change. I would love to see Temple playing games in Newark again, not to mention UConn, Navy, UMass (could see their band again!) among others. That's the only way to salvage this and I don't get the sense anyone who matters at UD is willing to do that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

ChickenMan wrote:UD will be looking at crowds around or under 10,000 in just a few more years.
That's a bit overstated. You don't honestly believe that?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
ChickenMan wrote:UD will be looking at crowds around or under 10,000 in just a few more years.
Are you going by "tickets distributed" or actual butts in seats?

There were games last year with near 10,000 butts in seats. Of course, UD would report 16-18k.

Not making a joke here, but when was the last game you actually attended. It's bad up there now man.
ChickenMan
Level2
Level2

Post by ChickenMan »

89Hen wrote:
Yes.. I do.

"the closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program"... Ronald Reagan
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

With OOC schedules that include the likes of St. Francis, Colgate, and Albany, it's easy to contemplate the average UD attendance shrinking to the very low five figures -- if not further -- within the next few years. :twocents:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

89Hen wrote:
I agree with saying it'll be "around" 10K. Hell, Colgate, Sacred Heart and Rhode island this year should have no more than 12K IMO.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

I still don't understand you guys who apparently want the Hens to bring in top level, OOC teams to Newark in September. The goal every year should be having top level OOC teams come to Newark in November and December. The ACC games are booked and the Hens have to play 2, 3, 4 ranked teams in conference play every year.