Football Championship Subdivision discussions
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Coastal Carolina v. Montana

Post by grizzaholic »

Hey CC. By reading your board you really don't know how to handle shit talk.

When someone from Montana says something about the weather or the fans or the stadium you reply with " I bet it will be loud and cold".

That is it. That is the joke. RELAX Holy shit. That Randy guy really needs a hug. :hide:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Re: Coastal Carolina v. Montana

Post by Vidav »

Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

Just saw that picture was posted in another thread. I decided to leave it here as well. I am lazy.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

You'll get the best game from the Griz. :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Vidav wrote:Just saw that picture was posted in another thread. I decided to leave it here as well. I am lazy.
Your MOD status is in jeopardy.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
GrizMadman
I am a fan of: UM, UNLV

Post by GrizMadman »

It's stupid to play football in an open air stadium like WaGriz in predicted +17 w/ a -1 chill factor. eGriz fans seem to relish the challenge. Funny thing is, while they freeze in the stands, the players & coaches on both sidelines will have space heaters roaring. You can't tell me only CC personnel will use space heaters.

If UM plans to play in Missoula in Dec., it should build a dome over WaGriz. The weather is going to affect the Griz as much as the Chanticleers. It could turn out to be a game won/lost by mishaps due to weather than good football. Playing in snowstorms, rain, mud, etc., was ok 50 years ago, but that's all they had.

Now, many football programs & even the pros have domed stadiums. Either UM builds a dome or play its games further south. I'm not going, living here in Missoula. It's madness to suffer 3 hrs. in that weather, sitting w/o activity. Well, maybe standing & jumping up & down helps. Just MHO.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

GrizMadman wrote:It's stupid to play football in an open air stadium like WaGriz in predicted +17 w/ a -1 chill factor. eGriz fans seem to relish the challenge. Funny thing is, while they freeze in the stands, the players & coaches on both sidelines will have space heaters roaring. You can't tell me only CC personnel will use space heaters.

If UM plans to play in Missoula in Dec., it should build a dome over WaGriz. The weather is going to affect the Griz as much as the Chanticleers. It could turn out to be a game won/lost by mishaps due to weather than good football. Playing in snowstorms, rain, mud, etc., was ok 50 years ago, but that's all they had.

Now, many football programs & even the pros have domed stadiums. Either UM builds a dome or play its games further south. I'm not going, living here in Missoula. It's madness to suffer 3 hrs. in that weather, sitting w/o activity. Well, maybe standing & jumping up & down helps. Just MHO.
I see your point...but no. And NO. I love playoff games. They are fun. I have some of my best times in the cold..and a few of them have been with some of my 25000 closest friends. If you don't like it, don't attend. Just don't bitch about the climate, and most importantly don't say you were there for the highlights of Wa-Griz lore if you didn't attend. (not saying you would)

I know some folks cannot deal with it, but there is a ton of people that love playoff games in Wa-Griz and climate be damned. If I was relocated down south I would not be able to attend games...the heat kills me. It goes both ways.

Justin Halpern
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GrizMadman wrote:It's stupid to play football in an open air stadium like WaGriz in predicted +17 w/ a -1 chill factor. eGriz fans seem to relish the challenge. Funny thing is, while they freeze in the stands, the players & coaches on both sidelines will have space heaters roaring. You can't tell me only CC personnel will use space heaters.

Dude. Fuckin' bundle up. It ain't that hard. :roll:

50 years ago it was okay? Have humans devolved to not be able to handle cold? Yeesh. :ohno:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizalltheway wrote:

Dude. Fuckin' bundle up. It ain't that hard. :roll:

50 years ago it was okay? Have humans devolved to not be able to handle cold? Yeesh. :ohno:
OR...Perhaps all football games should be played in a pressurized dome at 1000 feet of elevation, 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the crowd must remain silent (as well the announcers) as not to influence the game ???

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Nope. Pussy's are now shaved so they freeze shut :roll:

Justin Halpern
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

I think North Dakota State should have to prove their toughness & play next week's game in Missoula. :coffee:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

David2? :suspicious:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:I think North Dakota State should have to prove their toughness & play next week's game in Billings. :coffee:
FIFY

-6 as a high and -13 as a low with 9 mph winds....ugg

I will take Missoula being cold but no wind. Just sayin'.

The cold does fuck with BOTH teams but I will be more interested on assignments and execution to dictate the game.

Justin Halpern
The Kicker
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Football
A.K.A.: K

Post by The Kicker »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:I think North Dakota State should have to prove their toughness & play next week's game in Missoula. :coffee:
Or Montana could play at NDSU's old field outside. Saturday's high in Fargo is -5 with a low of -20 Wind from the south to heat things up at 8 MPH. Next Saturday is a high of 1 and low of -15. :coffee:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Vidav wrote:Image
For one, he is wrong. No blizzard is happening. :roll: Way to be misinformed and a crybaby about everyone getting a trophy. :ohno:

Also...I think Bronson was in a movie once that cold/snow involved....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCjznfI7Ac[/youtube]

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Ibanez (and any other Coastal Carolina fans) I love your coach. He is very well spoken. You really are blessed in having someone in command like him! Seems like a true gem :thumb: :thumb: He would be welcome in Missoula as a coach.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQNGTGjXfA#t=33[/youtube]

Your news folks suck ass BTW. Very few questions about the game and too fucking many about the weather. :dunce:

Justin Halpern
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

It will be colder than this one:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cmAVadiQ4[/youtube]
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Vidav wrote:It will be colder than this one:

I can always hope, but fear it will be a few years before that game gets eclipsed. Such a wonderful time was had by me before/during/after of that one.

I watched it earlier this year again. Still brings chills to my spine.

Back on topic. Ibanez, what you got for a run down on your team? I read Brints from EGRIZ but would like one from your side of the continent.

Justin Halpern
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

grizzaholic wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:I think North Dakota State should have to prove their toughness & play next week's game in Billings. :coffee:
FIFY

The cold does fuck with BOTH teams but I will be more interested on assignments and execution to dictate the game.
Really? Can you name a playoff game in which the cold fucked with the GRIZ?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Grizalltheway wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
FIFY

The Bobcat games in '02 & '03… maybe. That would be it though.

*edit* - obviously not playoffs, though.
Last edited by Mvemjsunpx on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizalltheway wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
FIFY

Spoiler: show
Not sure. This is the first year SUU made the playoffs and we were down South in the heat. I will let you know next year when SUU rolls the Griz in the playoffs in Wa-Griz. :chair:
I was just being general. I know the O-line will show up with no sleeves and push the opposing team around and show them how Montana boys do things...I just don't need another game to come down to the last 2 minutes. Lunch/beers on Friday?

Justin Halpern
craneac27
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: LSU & McNeese St
A.K.A.: Maurice Cheeks

Post by craneac27 »

Vidav wrote:It will be colder than this one:

jesus… i remember watching that game down here in Baton Rouge. it was "cold" here but once I saw the snow I just walked outside with no sweatshirt and became a man
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

grizzaholic wrote:Ibanez (and any other Coastal Carolina fans) I love your coach. He is very well spoken. You really are blessed in having someone in command like him! Seems like a true gem :thumb: :thumb: He would be welcome in Missoula as a coach.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQNGTGjXfA#t=33[/youtube]

Your news folks suck ass BTW. Very few questions about the game and too fucking many about the weather. :dunce:

The coach: He is not a well spoken coach and he evades every question instead of giving the obvious answer. One question was "does the cold temp give montana an advantage?" Obviously it does but this guy rambled for two minutes before admitting it. But you can tell he really doesn't want to lose to montana. But you can also tell he knows that he's heading into a lions den in wgs. Seriously he knows his team is a serious underdog when u factor the home field advantage.

The players: the one on the left is young and inexperienced especially with interviews. But the other guy is a lot more relaxed and we can gain insight. Here's what I learned from him, they have no idea what's waiting for them in that stadium. The griz in December aren't the griz in sept and oct. I'm 90% sure the griz are practicing in the cold everyday and their fan base is just dyin for cold playoff games.

The press: the press know that this game's outcome might be different if not played at wgs in December. But that's where and when it's going to be played. That's why the asked so many temp and noise level questions bc they know how big of a factor it will be and so does the coach, but no coastal player/coach will come out and say it.

38-21 griz. This will be a good one to watch! :coffee:
Last edited by BlackFalkin on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Spoiler: show
Youzza Bitch! :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS