Football Championship Subdivision discussions
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sam Houston State

Bearkats Report to Preseason Camp

Post by blackfordpu »

Sam Houston football preseason workouts begin

Head Coach Todd Whitten and his staff will welcome approximately 90 players this weekend when Sam Houston State preseason football camp begins.

Seeking to build on a 2006 Southland Conference runner-up finish, head coach Todd Whitten and his staff begin their third season at Sam Houston State with a squad that mixes a strong group of returning veterans with a cast of talented newcomers.

The Bearkats return 41 lettermen from last year's squad that rolled up a 6-5 record. That includes six offensive starters and three defensive first teamers.

Becoming more explosive on offense and putting more pressure on the quarterback on defense are two of the staff’s top goals coming into the 2007 season.

Last year’s top offensive weapon, D. D. Terry (the SLC Offensive “Player of the Year” after setting a school season record with 1,328 yards rushing) is gone. The Bearkat defense totaled only eight sacks, Sam Houston’s lowest output as an NCAA football program.

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/outlook.html
VictorG
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: Bearkats Report to Preseason Camp

Post by VictorG »

8 sacks all season! Yikes!!!!! :o

I'm betting you will improve that mark!
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sam Houston State

Re: Bearkats Report to Preseason Camp

Post by blackfordpu »

VictorG wrote:8 sacks all season! Yikes!!!!! :o

I'm betting you will improve that mark!
Yea, that is one of the things coach Whitten said we have to improve on. With our revamped D-line we should do that easily.