Political discussions
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by bobbythekidd »

Kevin McCarthy fired - first Speaker in history to be voted out.

Trump gets slapped with a gag order in NY. Judge freezes his assets. Forbes drops him from the wealthy list. His financial empire is being systematically exposed for what it is - a sham.

RICO defendants are flipping in Fulton County.

More bombshells in the classified docs case.

Rudy Giuliani and Mike Lindell are too broke to afford lawyers.

George Santos co-conspirator flips and takes a plea deal.

Trump files desperate motion to dismiss DC charges, and an equally desperate motion to delay his trial in the docs case.

Grand juries are still at work - more coming
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:47 am Kevin McCarthy fired - first Speaker in history to be voted out.

Trump gets slapped with a gag order in NY. Judge freezes his assets. Forbes drops him from the wealthy list. His financial empire is being systematically exposed for what it is - a sham.

Trump files desperate motion to dismiss DC charges, and an equally desperate motion to delay his trial in the docs case.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:16 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:33 pm The judge will decide based on expert testimony. trump’s experts and attorneys will have an opportunity to make their case. Should be a slam dunk if it’s that obvious/easy.
So while the trial continues, Trump is expected to dissolve his businesses due to the judgement of a judge that obviously doesn't understand appraisal?

I cannot believe you feel this is justice.
How many cases does a judge hear where s/he is expert enough in the subject matter to understand the details? My guess is very few. The judge relies on expert testimony from both sides. The judge doesn't need to understand the nitty-gritty details of appraisal.

For the judge to have a partial summary judgement against trump the evidence had to be so overwhelmingly against trump that the judge didn't think it warranted a trial. The DA's experts/arguments must have crushed trump's experts/arguments. I guess it wasn't a slam dunk for him.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:53 am

So while the trial continues, Trump is expected to dissolve his businesses due to the judgement of a judge that obviously doesn't understand appraisal?

How many cases does a judge hear where s/he is expert enough in the subject matter to understand the details? My guess is very few. The judge relies on expert testimony from both sides. The judge doesn't need to understand the nitty-gritty details of appraisal.

For the judge to have a partial summary judgement against trump the evidence had to be so overwhelmingly against trump that the judge didn't think it warranted a trial. The DA's experts/arguments must have crushed trump's experts/arguments. I guess it wasn't a slam dunk for him.
You are uninformed and have done a great job of regurgitating talking points.

You need to actually read up on the prosecutions case. Total manipulation of law to try and make a case. Any sane judge would have tossed the case due to that fact.

Once again. Your irrational hatred of Trump far outweighs your desire for true justice.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:58 am

You need to actually read up on the prosecutions case. Total manipulation of law to try and make a case. Any sane judge would have tossed the case due to that fact.

Once again. Your irrational hatred of Trump far outweighs your desire for true justice.
And he’s not alone
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:53 am How many cases does a judge hear where s/he is expert enough in the subject matter to understand the details? My guess is very few. The judge relies on expert testimony from both sides. The judge doesn't need to understand the nitty-gritty details of appraisal.

:rofl: That is rich coming from someone who's irrational adoration for trump far outweighs their desire for true justice.

I'm actually with Ganny on the NY case being the weakest against trump and I was surprised by the judge's ruling. I'd love to hear Ivy or Joe's take on it and the other cases rather than reading your regurgitations of MAGAt yahoo echo chamber talking points.

The other cases are a lot more damning and I don't understand how an American could support someone who pulled what trump pulled with igniting the January 6 riot, fraudulent electors, etc. Wrapping yourself in a flag and self-identifying as a patriot doesn't cover up that treachery.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:46 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:06 pm
The banks were paid back + interest. So who exactly is the victim here?
If his businesses and properties were with so much more than they were reported, the taxpayers were defrauded.
IF that were true, it would be local Florida taxpayers. But its not because you clearly don’t understand how property taxes work. Its not your job to report the value of your house to the local taxing the authority. Its their job to assess and assign a value for tax purposes.

So who is the victim IN New York for the state of New York to be bringing this case?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:47 am
If his businesses and properties were with so much more than they were reported, the taxpayers were defrauded.
IF that were true, it would be local Florida taxpayers. But its not because you clearly don’t understand how property taxes work. Its not your job to report the value of your house to the local taxing the authority. Its their job to assess and assign a value for tax purposes.

So who is the victim IN New York for the state of New York to be bringing this case?
NY law doesn't require a victim.

trump will appeal; say the law is unconstitutional; we'll see what happens.

He's had his day in court, he'll have more.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

Umm, you do know he is a real estate mogul in NY, right? You are aware he manipulated those property values, right? That's kinda what this case is about.

Also, you seem to think breaking the law isn't a crime unless there is a victim. If that was so possession of drugs and DUI aren't crimes either. Even if there wasn't a victim (there are) he still committed crimes
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:06 am

Then what happend to the left’s crusade against prosecuting for ‘victimless crimes’ lol..

If this was just another random 9 to 10 figure net worth rich guy living in Florida (there’s lots of them now), New York there never would have brought this case. This is nothing more than a ‘Let’s Get Trump’ because Orange Man Bad frivilous case..
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:47 am Kevin McCarthy fired - first Speaker in history to be voted out.

Add to the above Trump filed a motion to dismiss his countercase against Michael Cohen in FL. Now Trump has to pay up the half a million dollars.

All this just this week. For a guy that promised so much winning, he loses all the time.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:12 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:06 am

Then what happend to the left’s crusade against prosecuting for ‘victimless crimes’ lol..

If this was just another random 9 to 10 figure net worth rich guy living in Florida (there’s lots of them now), New York there never would have brought this case. This is nothing more than a ‘Let’s Get Trump’ because Orange Man Bad frivilous case..
Hunter Biden….victimless crimes.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:46 am

Both sides want to pick and choose which laws matter and when they should be applied. It's essentially a "do as I say not as I do" moment for politicians and their followers.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:01 am

Both sides want to pick and choose which laws matter and when they should be applied. It's essentially a "do as I say not as I do" moment for politicians and their followers.
Yup.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:39 pm Florida Democrat asks county to increase Mar-a-Lago tax to match Trump claims

:rofl: I hope they do it and we get to watch trump twist himself into logical pretzels trying to fight it and the NY fraud case.
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:39 pm Florida Democrat asks county to increase Mar-a-Lago tax to match Trump claims

:rofl: I hope they do it and we get to watch trump twist himself into logical pretzels trying to fight it and the NY fraud case.
Newsflash- a property’s tax asseseed value (Mar A Lago 30+ million) and market value are 2 conpletely dofferent things.

And if Palm Beach County did that (imcreased the tax assessed value from 30+ million to a billion) they would have to raise the assessed rate around 30x on every property in Palm Beach, because you can’t just change the rules for 1 property owner. Then they would have to cut the millage to 1/30th of the current rate.
https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/stor ... 654132002/#
why not.... since according to the trumps the reason for the exponential increase in value was solely due to the owner's fame.
Last edited by houndawg on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

evidently Trump's lawyers thought similarly since they didn't ask for a jury trial - which seems odd since Trump is all about trial by public opinion
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

wow, and authority on virology and real estate law :shock:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:53 am

Well, unlike you, I CAN read. :kisswink:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:11 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:53 am wow, and authority on virology and real estate law :shock:
There's hope for you yet. When are you going to start using this skill? ;)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:11 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:53 am

I was already reading when the best part of you ran down your mom's leg. :kisswink:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Not paying your taxes is a victimless crime? Cool, then no one should have to pay taxes, amirite?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Not paying your taxes is a victimless crime? Cool, then no one should have to pay taxes, amirite?
Yes. In your view.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

he has literally hundreds of liens against him for nonpayment - I would imagine a lot of them are from NY residents.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The kraken has been released.

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:05 am The kraken has been released.

The Kraken was Jojo the whole time

Pathetic leader
Pathetic President
Embarrassing as a father
Serial liar
Uncontrolled debt
Spiraling inflation
International embarrassment
Fake climate campaign
Siphoned off the petroleum reserve in attempt to save his sorry rotten political ass
War on oil
Enabler of a spoiled generation
China owned
Global chaos
Fake campaign against biggest threat in America… the 1000 or so white nationalist

Joey Rotten has let everything fall apart

But hey, at least he’s giving Donny a hard time