CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Biden SOTU

Post by CID1990 »

I couldn’t find that this thread had been started yet so here goes

Normally, I don’t give two shits about the SOTU and I think it should end. It is nothing but theater. But….

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/02 ... ad-n450463

The idea of Rashida Taleeb giving a response is awesome and I will now DEFINITELY watch. Not Biden’s speech because I’ll fall asleep. But a Squat member giving a formal response? Especially the nastiest squat member? Gimme the popcorn

I’m sure in a few years when the GOP embarks on 24 years of majorities, we’ll see MAGA responding to whatever RINO is President. But for now, I’m watching the circular firing squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Biden SOTU

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:27 am I couldn’t find that this thread had been started yet so here goes

Normally, I don’t give two shits about the SOTU and I think it should end. It is nothing but theater. But….

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/02 ... ad-n450463

The idea of Rashida Taleeb giving a response is awesome and I will now DEFINITELY watch. Not Biden’s speech because I’ll fall asleep. But a Squat member giving a formal response? Especially the nastiest squat member? Gimme the popcorn

I’m sure in a few years when the GOP embarks on 24 years of majorities, we’ll see MAGA responding to whatever RINO is President. But for now, I’m watching the circular firing squad

“Reset back to the center”…

:lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I'd watch this but I typically never have problems falling asleep.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

I will read the transcript as I have zero desire to follow his rambling speech. As for Rashida Taleeb's response, I will probably catch the recording of it.

If I was a more daring person, I would set up a drinking game where every time she mentions policy being held up by Manchin or Sinema one would take a drink.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:58 am I will read the transcript as I have zero desire to follow his rambling speech. As for Rashida Taleeb's response, I will probably catch the recording of it.

If I was a more daring person, I would set up a drinking game where every time she mentions policy being held up by Manchin or Sinema one would take a drink.
Might need to have an ambulance parked outside for that drinking game.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:50 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:58 am I will read the transcript as I have zero desire to follow his rambling speech. As for Rashida Taleeb's response, I will probably catch the recording of it.

Might need to have an ambulance parked outside for that drinking game.
I was hoping that my NDSU tailgating experience would help me out in that regard.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I would love to see her trash Biden for not getting enough social spending on BBB, but I think the top congressional donks will twist her arm and get her to just blather about how important it is to have wimmin of cullah on the Supreme Court.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I want to see her praise him for the 5 dollar gas that’s in the mail.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:52 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:50 am Might need to have an ambulance parked outside for that drinking game.
I was hoping that my NDSU tailgating experience would help me out in that regard.
I believe there are home stomach pumping machines for weight loss. One of those might save a life with that drinking game.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

chug a 20oz every time she brings up Trump
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:11 pm

I do not have a death wish. :lol:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:11 pm

• Shot of Cointreau every time Tlaib mentions Trump
  • Chug a boilo every time she mentions Manchin
  • Drink a glass of Director's Cut Cinema Red Blend every time she mentions Sinema
  • Pass out
  • Come to in the hospital getting your stomach pumped
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:39 am I want to see her praise him for the 7 dollar gas that’s in the mail.

FYP
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:32 pm
CID1990 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:39 am I want to see her praise him for the 7 dollar gas that’s in the mail.

FYP
That might be more realistic as we import 19% of our oil from Russia. And Putin will not hesitate to use that thumb screw.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I can't wait to see Biden's Adderall dilated pupils. So jacked up, the blue is gone from his eyes.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:23 pm I can't wait to see Biden's Adderall dilated pupils. So jacked up, the blue is gone from his eyes.
If you like Adderall-dilated pupils you must have been a fapping machine for the past 5 years :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:02 pm Biden to deliver his 1st SOTU March 1. It will be the latest in the year any POTUS has ever made the address.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... on-march-1
They’re usually in Jan, and every POTUS in our lifetimes sans Reagan (early Feb) has made their 1st SOTU in Jan.
https://history.house.gov/Institution/SOTU/List/

Question is, why so late for Biden?
From 1/19 in the Biden Scorecard thread..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I give Biden a B (grading him on general appeal, not appeal to me)

Too much bumbling and stuttering (what does "stop doctors from prescribing drugs" mean when he was talking about opioids?)
He and other donks would do well to STFU about gun control. He shouldn't have even brought it up.
Ukraine portion of speech was really "bleh" and stale-sounding.
Stuck to populist economic ideas and minimized any tinge of identity politics.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Turns out curing inflation is easy. Business just need to “cut their costs”.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:45 pm Turns out curing inflation is easy. Business just need to “cut their costs”.
Machinery (construction and agriculture) buyers this year will be hit with about a 12% raise in prices due to steel cost increases. And that is just the first of price upticks that will happen this year across the board.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:53 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:45 pm Turns out curing inflation is easy. Business just need to “cut their costs”.
Machinery (construction and agriculture) buyers this year will be hit with about a 12% raise in prices due to steel cost increases. And that is just the first of price upticks that will happen this year across the board.
Well then they’re doing it wrong, according to Biden. They just need to “cut their costs”….so they can lower their prices.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep. Biden condicted a verbal assault on the 2nd Amendment, saying he wants to ban Modern Sporting Rifles (what liberals call assault weapons) and their magazines. This should be a wake up call and rallying cry for the right for the next 8 months.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:30 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:53 pm

Well then they’re doing it wrong, according to Biden. They just need to “cut their costs”….so they can lower their prices.
I am sure that message will resonate with some people and CAT/JD/CNH/etc. will get right on it.