Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: We Need a New President...

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:12 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:02 pm

You could put me down as Agriculture as well due to my farming and job backgrounds. Also after I am done with the Department of Interior streamlining, I am going to need something else to do for 30 hours a week.

I would actually put Kalm as VP. I feel like he is a natural at the role that a VP fills and would be very impartial in it. :nod:

You could fill the commerce/labor roles and CID could double dip with Homeland. After all if we are not posting on this site we should all have enough time to do two jobs. :whistle:

As for people's reactions, they would hate me (and probably the rest of the team as well) due to cutting spending. Good news is all those laid off government employees can start competing for jobs at McDonald's. :coffee:
Good point on the 2 jobs - I would give Fiver Energy along with Education.

I had thought about Ganny for VP but didn't want to waste him.

I've already accepted a position with a cushy DC lobbying firm where I'll make millions and spend my time taking cabinet members on junkets to Bora Bora. :mrgreen:
Valid point, Ganny is too valuable to waste on a token position. Maybe Commerce or Labor?

Well everybody on here already knows I can be bought, so do you mind if I put a request for accommodations a bit early? Also what is your pull with the Swedish woman's sand volleyball team?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:17 pmWell everybody on here already knows I can be bought, so do you mind if I put a request for accommodations a bit early? Also what is your pull with the Swedish woman's sand volleyball team?
Has Ted DiBiase already gotten hold of you, Winterborn? As he well knows, everyone has his price. And he's already planning a '24 run and proposing Treasury nominees (IRS and John "Bradshaw" Layfield).

(Personally, I don't think I could support either of DiBiase's suggestions for Treasury. I'm afraid that IRS would behave just like the Jewish tax collectors working for the Romans did, falsifying all our returns so that we have to pay higher taxes than we would normally rate, just so he could line his own pocket. I'm also scared that JBL would speculate with all our taxes on the open market....)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:17 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:12 pm
Good point on the 2 jobs - I would give Fiver Energy along with Education.

I had thought about Ganny for VP but didn't want to waste him.

I've already accepted a position with a cushy DC lobbying firm where I'll make millions and spend my time taking cabinet members on junkets to Bora Bora. :mrgreen:
Valid point, Ganny is too valuable to waste on a token position. Maybe Commerce or Labor?

Well everybody on here already knows I can be bought, so do you mind if I put a request for accommodations a bit early? Also what is your pull with the Swedish woman's sand volleyball team?
I am currently developing tight relationships with the Brazilian women's sand volleyball teams and the Danish women's curling team. I'll get started with the Swedes asap.

Flaggy could be excellent at Commerce and Labor. Any union leaders step out of line and they'll end up taking a nap at the Meadowlands or similar. It will make streamlining the other departments much easier.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I swell with pride that it took a guy from Delaware to finally get us out of Afghanistan.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:05 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:59 am I just want a cushy Ambassador position.
I would put you in charge of the IRS. Feel free to streamline it a bit. :mrgreen:
Hello flat tax and consumption tax.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

We Need a New President...

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:33 am My opinion is directly related to how likely I can get a cabinet level position.
Let's fill out that cabinet ...

VP - Kalm
State - CID
Treasury - AZ
Defense - Ibanez
Justice (Attorney General) - Ivy
Interior - Winter
Agriculture - Winter
Commerce - Flaggy
Labor - Flaggy
Health and Human Services - ?
Housing and Urban Development - ?
Transportation - ?
Energy - Fiver
Education - Fiver
Veterans Affairs - ?
Homeland Security - CID

How would the woke left react to a conservative POTUS from Team Brown?
I’m not sure you want me at Defense. I’ll serve with pride and a heavy hand. I’ll stay out of everyone’s business until provoked then rain down heavy metal. Swift, brutal punishment.

And Col Hogan is the only VA Sec that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lol
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I will say, he has a point that if the Afghan people wouldn't fight the last week, we shouldn't be there.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:51 pm
UNI88 wrote:

VP - Kalm
State - CID
Treasury - AZ
Defense - Ibanez
Interior - Winter
Agriculture - Winter
Commerce - Flaggy
Labor - Flaggy
Transportation - ?
Energy - Fiver
Education - Fiver
Veterans Affairs - ?
Homeland Security - CID

I’m not sure you want me at Defense. I’ll serve with pride and a heavy hand. I’ll stay out of everyone’s business until provoked then rain down heavy metal. Swift, brutal punishment.

Good call on Hogie!

I put you there because you've worked in Defense, you're level-headed and you seem to understand streamlining and process improvement.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:14 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:51 pm

Good call on Hogie!

I put you there because you've worked in Defense, you're level-headed and you seem to understand streamlining and process improvement.
Thanks. I gladly accept.

FYI - in case this comes up during my confirmation hearing...I'm not an alcoholic. I'm Irish.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:28 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:17 pmWell everybody on here already knows I can be bought, so do you mind if I put a request for accommodations a bit early? Also what is your pull with the Swedish woman's sand volleyball team?
Has Ted DiBiase already gotten hold of you, Winterborn? As he well knows, everyone has his price. And he's already planning a '24 run and proposing Treasury nominees (IRS and John "Bradshaw" Layfield).

(Personally, I don't think I could support either of DiBiase's suggestions for Treasury. I'm afraid that IRS would behave just like the Jewish tax collectors working for the Romans did, falsifying all our returns so that we have to pay higher taxes than we would normally rate, just so he could line his own pocket. I'm also scared that JBL would speculate with all our taxes on the open market....)
While my NDA prevents me from discussing the specifics of our arrangement, it does not prevent me from asking questions and exploring other opportunities. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:42 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:17 pm

I am currently developing tight relationships with the Brazilian women's sand volleyball teams and the Danish women's curling team. I'll get started with the Swedes asap.

Flaggy could be excellent at Commerce and Labor. Any union leaders step out of line and they'll end up taking a nap at the Meadowlands or similar. It will make streamlining the other departments much easier.
Interesting and quite forward thinking of you. We might be able to do business in the future. :nod:

And Flaggy would make a fine cabinet head for Commerce and Labor. He would be a real advantage during the "restructuring and cleaning house" portion. I could just point down to the hall to his office and ask the offending party if they would want to run their complaint by the guy who "talked" to the individual that put pineapple on the pizza they had ordered in for a lunch meeting. After all, just because a person disappeared after a meeting. one shouldn't draw any conclusion from it.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:50 pm

I would put you in charge of the IRS. Feel free to streamline it a bit. :mrgreen:
I realize that I have no vote in the matter, but as a private citizen I am for it. :thumb:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:02 pm I guess a Navy RP isn't good enough for Defense, 88?

:rofl:
RP is NGE.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:08 pm I will say, he has a point that if the Afghan people wouldn't fight the last week, we shouldn't be there.
Absolutely agree - it's their country, if they don't want the Taliban there, they could've shown that by resisting. With that said, that doesn't come close to excusing the fact that there was no withdraw plan and we had folks so desperate to leave they were clinging to the fuselage of planes before they lost their grips and fell to their deaths. We knew we were leaving, and we sure didn't look like we were ready to do that. That's the part we own.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

When you're finished there we'll see about a good ambassadorial position. You seem to be an ale lover - UK or Ireland?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:58 pm

When you're finished there we'll see about a good ambassadorial position. You seem to be an ale lover - UK or Ireland?
I'd take the ambassadorship to the UK. Have even floated the idea to the wife that retiring there would be pretty cool. Fairly temperate, proximity to places to visit in Europe, get to see plenty of soccer games - not a bad way to retire.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:19 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:58 pm
I'd take the ambassadorship to the UK. Have even floated the idea to the wife that retiring there would be pretty cool. Fairly temperate, proximity to places to visit in Europe, get to see plenty of soccer games - not a bad way to retire.
I have to check with SD but I think you're in line to be Chief of Staff.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:39 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:19 pm

I have to check with SD but I think you're in line to be Chief of Staff.
I’d want GF as my press secretary if I were president. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:43 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:42 pm

Interesting and quite forward thinking of you. We might be able to do business in the future. :nod:

And Flaggy would make a fine cabinet head for Commerce and Labor. He would be a real advantage during the "restructuring and cleaning house" portion. I could just point down to the hall to his office and ask the offending party if they would want to run their complaint by the guy who "talked" to the individual that put pineapple on the pizza they had ordered in for a lunch meeting. After all, just because a person disappeared after a meeting. one shouldn't draw any conclusion from it.
In my first order of business, I will bring back the slogan "Speak softly and carry a big stick". The campaign will use these graphics to promote the message:

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:33 am My opinion is directly related to how likely I can get a cabinet level position.

VP - Kalm
State - CID
Treasury - AZ
Defense - Ibanez
Interior - Winter
Agriculture - Winter
Commerce - Flaggy
Labor - Flaggy
Transportation - ?
Energy - Fiver
Education - Fiver
Veterans Affairs - Colonel Hogan
Homeland Security - CID

I don’t want State. State is vestigial and does not make foreign policy .... the NSC does. It really and truly is a “deep state” and nobody really knows or cares

The NSC and NatSec advisor are not Senate confirmed, are not subject to Congressional oversight, and should be abolished.

I disagree with the existence of DHS too so I dont want that either

“If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve.”

I send 93 and Ivy in my stead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:46 am Too bad we can't recall Biden as there's no provision for it in the Constitution. And the other methods of removing him (impeachment doesn't seem to apply right now and that idiot Nancy wouldn't stand for it; the other way has the same problems) won't happen with the current make-up of the Congress. There's also the drawback that the way the rules are currently written, there's a major drawback with ANY way Biden were to be removed: the next in line is that incompetent Commie Harris.

It's probably best that we look to '24. My primary choice, as always, is Sarah Palin. You all know that. You might think she's crazy, but she's not really Trump crazy. But what about a compromise candidate?

I hereby start a committee to draft SD Hornet for President! He's probably the best of all we know from a Conservative perspective to handle the White House without doing stupid crap like Trump did and without looking like a senile fool like Biden....
That whiny bitch? :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:23 am
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:18 am I nominate Amy Grant. She's a good Christian woman.
A good Christian HOMEWRECKING WHORE!

:mrgreen:
Jezebel!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I'll take education and energy. Education job will last about 10 minutes. First will be the following message - Parents, if you don't want your kids to be stupid get involved in their education and get your local school district to implement standards that improve the education of students. If you're school won't change then move (I'm looking at everybody that lives in Alabama at this point). 2nd message, Dept. of Ed employees - you're all fired because we're eliminating the department and leaving education to the states where it belongs.

Energy - start building NextGen nuclear plants. Implement policies to support coal and gas plants until the nuke plants can get built. Then shut the coal plants down. Gas plants continue for peaks and emergencies. No more subsidies for wind or solar.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:17 pm I'll take education and energy. Education job will last about 10 minutes. First will be the following message - Parents, if you don't want your kids to be stupid get involved in their education and get your local school district to implement standards that improve the education of students. If you're school won't change then move (I'm looking at everybody that lives in Alabama at this point). 2nd message, Dept. of Ed employees - you're all fired because we're eliminating the department and leaving education to the states where it belongs.

Energy - start building NextGen nuclear plants. Implement policies to support coal and gas plants until the nuke plants can get built. Then shut the coal plants down. Gas plants continue for peaks and emergencies. No more subsidies for wind or solar.
Why don’t you abolish Energy while you’re at it?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:02 am
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:17 pm I'll take education and energy. Education job will last about 10 minutes. First will be the following message - Parents, if you don't want your kids to be stupid get involved in their education and get your local school district to implement standards that improve the education of students. If you're school won't change then move (I'm looking at everybody that lives in Alabama at this point). 2nd message, Dept. of Ed employees - you're all fired because we're eliminating the department and leaving education to the states where it belongs.

Why don’t you abolish Energy while you’re at it?
I'd be OK with that too. Then the president can appoint me to FERC.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire