Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:55 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:43 am

I have no sense of rhythm. I mean like zero. Which makes learning guitar quite difficult. And I hate dancing.
Don't be so hard on yourself, I am learning a bunch of new moves I plan on using in my day-to-day life. :D

I do as well but the ladies like it, so I am forcing myself to learn. I still dance like a puppet on a string though and as about as graceful as an elephant on a merry-go-round. :ohno:

You want an engine overhauled, remodeling project done, or butchering a steer/pig, I am your guy. This touchy-feely stuff is for the birds.......
Part of the problem is the music. It’s tough to dance to Social Distortion.

Maybe I should start listening to Death Grips like my 20 year old? I mean they’d be easy to cut a rug to, right?

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:01 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:55 am

Don't be so hard on yourself, I am learning a bunch of new moves I plan on using in my day-to-day life. :D

I do as well but the ladies like it, so I am forcing myself to learn. I still dance like a puppet on a string though and as about as graceful as an elephant on a merry-go-round. :ohno:

You want an engine overhauled, remodeling project done, or butchering a steer/pig, I am your guy. This touchy-feely stuff is for the birds.......
Part of the problem is the music. It’s tough to dance to Social Distortion.

Maybe I should start listening to Death Grips like my 20 year old? I mean they’d be easy to cut a rug to, right?
I do not think that is going to help. :roll:

You just have to go back a bit more and pick better music. Like a good Waltz or Salsa. I like a good polka myself, just that very few people under 60 like them. :(

phpBB [video]
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:49 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:37 am
Well said. I have talked to a couple of teachers that I respect, in that they are their for the kids and truly love to teach, and they said the same thing.

Your last sentence hits on what the Government push into Education has always been about.
There’s little wrong with our education system…if you live in a good district. It’s tough to be involved working one’s ass off full time or lacking the means to advance yourself as a human.

Parenting and managing a household done right is a full time job. But the economy and employers want two income households.

We need more condom use or/and stay at home parents.
Less focus on big-screen TVs and Escalades might help as well.

I worked in a low-income district and I saw parents with little finding a way to be involved in their kids' education. It's a matter of priorities but it can be done. And IMO, cultural barriers are as big a factor as economics.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:49 am There’s little wrong with our education system…if you live in a good district. It’s tough to be involved working one’s ass off full time or lacking the means to advance yourself as a human.

Parenting and managing a household done right is a full time job. But the economy and employers want two income households.
:coffee: It's not easy, but 90% of the folks I know do it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 am

There’s little wrong with our education system…if you live in a good district. It’s tough to be involved working one’s ass off full time or lacking the means to advance yourself as a human.

I worked in a low-income district and I saw parents with little finding a way to be involved in their kids' education. It's a matter of priorities but it can be done. And IMO, cultural barriers are as big a factor as economics.
No disagreement…at all.

Side question: would you be a better parent if you had to do it today versus when you were younger?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 am

No disagreement…at all.

Side question: would you be a better parent if you had to do it today versus when you were younger?
Nope. Having to parent in the woke world of karens would be exhausting. SO glad my kids were adults before that shit really took hold.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:02 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:42 am

No disagreement…at all.

Nope. Having to parent in the woke world of karens would be exhausting. SO glad my kids were adults before that shit really took hold.
I have a 1st grader and it's already started. Fortunately (maybe unfortunately) we've had to explain transgender people to LIl CCU and for the most part she her reaction was, " I don't get it. I don't care. They're nice to me so i'll be nice to them." :) So....there's some hope. Other woke stuff hasn't really come up yet.

Was it here or text where I mentioned the transgendered 4 yr old I met a few weeks ago?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:54 pm the transgendered 4 yr old
:ohno: :pissed:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:54 pm
I have a 1st grader and it's already started. Fortunately (maybe unfortunately) we've had to explain transgender people to LIl CCU and for the most part she her reaction was, " I don't get it. I don't care. They're nice to me so i'll be nice to them." :) So....there's some hope. Other woke stuff hasn't really come up yet.

Was it here or text where I mentioned the transgendered 4 yr old I met a few weeks ago?
How the he11 does a 4 y/o know they're transgendered? I get that they might have some characteristics but there is no way at that age to be sure. Let them grow and develop rather than making the choice for them.

From a parental perspective, this has much greater impact then allowing a child to be on the cover of a Nirvana album.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Guarantee those are some f‘ed up leftist parents..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I bet none of us on this board had ‘transgenderism’ explained to us way back when we were in elementary school, much less the 1st grade..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:29 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:54 pm I have a 1st grader and it's already started. Fortunately (maybe unfortunately) we've had to explain transgender people to LIl CCU and for the most part she her reaction was, " I don't get it. I don't care. They're nice to me so i'll be nice to them." :) So....there's some hope. Other woke stuff hasn't really come up yet.

I bet none of us on this board had ‘transgenderism’ explained to us way back when we were in elementary school, much less the 1st grade..
Helpful hint: you can edit your initial reply rather than padding your posts by replying twice with one sentence responses. It won't even show as edited if you do it before anyone else posts on the thread. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Today’s 4 year olds are like yesteryear’s teenagers.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:26 pm

Dude...that's not the half of it. The 11 year old is a lesbian, all 4 kids (3 boys* and 1 girl) all have the same haircut and dumb names like Zane, Kai and Cruise.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:26 pm

How the he11 does a 4 y/o know they're transgendered? I get that they might have some characteristics but there is no way at that age to be sure. Let them grow and develop rather than making the choice for them.

From a parental perspective, this has much greater impact then allowing a child to be on the cover of a Nirvana album.
I have no idea. I bet HE said he wanted to wear a dress or something and the parents then told him he was really a girl or something. I don't see how a 4 year or has the maturity to make that decision.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

All I knew was the Christine Jorgensen story. Then it was exceptionally rare. Now it’s trendy to be trans.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Always remember they're not indoctrinating your kids, either. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:01 am

It definitely can be done and I have seen parents of all income levels do it, but sacrifices have to be made. In many cases I have seen parents more concerned with keeping up with the Jones's then their kids.

Parents lack of involvement is why we have multiple generations of stupidity to deal with.
:nod: The "too busy to..."excuse for pretty much anything doesn't hold water.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Text. And that's child abuse.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:14 pm
Today’s 4 year olds are like yesteryear’s teenagers.
Ok JSO
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:14 pm
It definitely can be done and I have seen parents of all income levels do it, but sacrifices have to be made. In many cases I have seen parents more concerned with keeping up with the Jones's then their kids.

Parents lack of involvement is why we have multiple generations of stupidity to deal with.
:nod: It's a matter of priorities. If you're too busy to help you kids with school then you're too busy to have kids.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

It may not be a good excuse, but it’s reality. A reality that much of our economy, from worker productivity to consumer spending, is based upon.

“We can have it all!” Quality parenting AND two income households AND the 70 hour work week.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:20 am
It may not be a good excuse, but it’s reality. A reality that much of our economy, from worker productivity to consumer spending, is based upon.

“We can have it all!” Quality parenting AND two income households AND the 70 hour work week.
Bullshit.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:27 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:20 am

Bullshit.
Ok.