Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Oakland enacts racist guaranteed minimum income program. Whites need not apply.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/low-incom ... SocialFlow
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:21 pm Oakland enacts racist guaranteed minimum income program. Whites need not apply.
Oakland didn't enact anything, the Mayor of Oakland announced this program.

AP Link

The Oakland Resilient Families program has so far raised $6.75 million from private donors including Blue Meridian Partners, a national philanthropy group. To be eligible, people must have at least one child under 18 and income at or below 50% of the area median income — about $59,000 per year for a family of three.

The reason: White households in Oakland on average make about three times as much annually than black households, according to the Oakland Equity Index.

The idea of a guaranteed income dates to the 18th century. The U.S. government experimented with it in the 1960s and 1970s when Republicans Donald Rumsfeld, later a defense secretary, and Dick Cheney, the future vice president, oversaw four programs across the country during the Nixon administration. Those studies concluded the money did not stop people from working, causing Nixon to recommend expanding the program. But it never got through Congress.

Critics, including labor unions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:39 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:21 pm Oakland enacts racist guaranteed minimum income program. Whites need not apply.

AP Link

The Oakland Resilient Families program has so far raised $6.75 million from private donors including Blue Meridian Partners, a national philanthropy group. To be eligible, people must have at least one child under 18 and income at or below 50% of the area median income — about $59,000 per year for a family of three.

The reason: White households in Oakland on average make about three times as much annually than black households, according to the Oakland Equity Index.

The idea of a guaranteed income dates to the 18th century. The U.S. government experimented with it in the 1960s and 1970s when Republicans Donald Rumsfeld, later a defense secretary, and Dick Cheney, the future vice president, oversaw four programs across the country during the Nixon administration. Those studies concluded the money did not stop people from working, causing Nixon to recommend expanding the program. But it never got through Congress.

Its still racist.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:47 pm

AP Link

Its still racist.
Critics include labor unions and BDK.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:47 pm

AP Link

Its still racist.
Maybe the competition will be good for you. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

No, Oral Roberts University basketball doesn't deserve to be canceled from NCAA Sweet 16

Oral Roberts University’s Cinderella story need not be another battle in the culture wars.
It’s easy to point out the eccentric elements of their history, but President Billy Wilson and the Oral Roberts faculty are well respected and the school is thriving. Yet, it apparently lacks the needed qualifications to play college sports today — a willingness to conform to the new moral dogma.

The dogma teaches that tolerance must mean agreement, then branding all who disagree as intolerant and harmful. Not satisfied that we respect opposing views on human sexuality, all must affirm homosexuality as acceptable within our own theology. There can no longer be any disagreement, only compliance.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:28 am No, Oral Roberts University basketball doesn't deserve to be canceled from NCAA Sweet 16

Oral Roberts University’s Cinderella story need not be another battle in the culture wars.
It’s easy to point out the eccentric elements of their history, but President Billy Wilson and the Oral Roberts faculty are well respected and the school is thriving. Yet, it apparently lacks the needed qualifications to play college sports today — a willingness to conform to the new moral dogma.

The dogma teaches that tolerance must mean agreement, then branding all who disagree as intolerant and harmful. Not satisfied that we respect opposing views on human sexuality, all must affirm homosexuality as acceptable within our own theology. There can no longer be any disagreement, only compliance.
I thought an Oral Robert’s was someone who’s impact favored the hosel side of a club face.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I guess Ed Stetzer just wrote his last article for a major news outlet.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

See Grampa Bad Finger nominated Manchin's wife to a federal commission - Appalachian Regional Commission.

Trying to bribe that filibuster vote.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:22 pm See Grampa Bad Finger nominated Manchin's wife to a federal commission - Appalachian Regional Commission.

Trying to bribe that filibuster vote.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 pm
They really want to stick it to that pipeline and their workers! Now that Joe has stopped it's construction and the oil will be trucked, he wants to tax it by the mile.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 pm
Yeah, until people start altering their odometers, or disabling whatever GPS scheme the govt comes up with.

But if they do do this- I’ll get the biggest gas guzzling vehicle there is.. :nod:

Buttigeg getting slammed by the right and left over his nutty idea.
https://news.yahoo.com/buttigieg-gets-r ... 34078.html
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Progressives are called that for a reason. They will explore ALL options to level the playing field, no matter how absurd.

Let's see, you can afford a home near the city... you pay less.

You are lower income and have to drive long distances to get to work... fuck you.

Are you "progressives" really this stupid? :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:31 pm Progressives are called that for a reason. They will explore ALL options to level the playing field, no matter how absurd.

You are lower income and have to drive long distances to get to work... fuck you.

Indeed
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:31 pm Progressives are called that for a reason. They will explore ALL options to level the playing field, no matter how absurd.

No need for rhetorical questions around here, 89.

I’m telling you, it’s because every thought, every idea, every policy decision is made from PURE EMOTION, in a vacuum, with ZERO thought given to how it jives or fits in with OTHER ideas, thoughts and policies they may have supported in the past. It’s all about appeasing the immediate single issue voter group in front of them RIGHT NOW.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden in 2005 supporting the fillibuster

Obama supporting it:

But now, according to the democrats, the fillibuster is a racist relic of the Jim Crow era. Well, wouldn’t that make almost all Senate democrats racist, as they used the fillibuster extensively just last year?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:37 pm

No need for rhetorical questions around here, 89.

I’m telling you, it’s because every thought, every idea, every policy decision is made from PURE EMOTION, in a vacuum, with ZERO thought given to how it jives or fits in with OTHER ideas, thoughts and policies they may have supported in the past. It’s all about appeasing the immediate single issue voter group in front of them RIGHT NOW.
Aside from the whitewashing (can I even use that term anymore?) there’s some truth in these posts.

Meanwhile in Seattle...

“ A plan to house migrant children from the surging crisis at the US-Mexico border will leave a Renton foster family with no place to call home.
Edmundo Serena Sanchez said he and his wife were notified in February that they would have to vacate the Renton house where they have nurtured and raised Washington state foster children for nearly seven years.

“It was just senseless. Everything they did was irresponsible,” Serena Sanchez said of the move-out order that came after a year of lockdown from the coronavirus pandemic.
The couple have fostered about 20 children over the years in the spacious house along Lake Washington.
The house is part of a campus of facilities owned by the Friends of Youth, a non-profit based in Kirkland with a 70-year history of providing services and housing for homeless and foster youth.
“Friends of Youth has reviewed our organizational goals this past year, and we have chosen to pursue a different strategic vision,” stated a January 29 letter from the organization.
The letter said the house would be used “…to provide a different scope of services in support of unaccompanied youth.”
Unaccompanied youth is the term the federal government uses to describe the more than 10,000 children who crossed the US-Mexico border in recent weeks without an adult accompanying them. Parents have been sending their children to the U.S. in hopes that the Biden Administration would be more accepting of migrant children than the Trump Administration.
DeAnn Adams, chief program officer for Friends of Youth, told KING 5 the organization saw a new funding source with the federal government’s Office of Refugee Resettlement and decided to use the Howard's House – where Serena Sanchez and his foster family now live – as housing for undocumented immigrant children.”

https://www.king5.com/mobile/article/ne ... b6mxE0ZH7w
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Oh yes, get their snout in THAT trough.....I’d expect nothing less.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oof. :rofl:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:51 pm Oof. :rofl:

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Bernie Sanders is a United States Senator and he should be honored, respected & venerated! Free speech be damned, Amazon should not "heckle senators with snotty tweets".

How was that Kalm? Am I getting it? ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:59 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:51 pm Oof. :rofl:

Bernie Sanders is a United States Senator and he should be honored, respected & venerated! Free speech be damned, Amazon should not "heckle senators with snotty tweets".

Honestly, I think it’s downright adorable that you share BDK’s sense of humor and love for clever, unassailable memes.

:lol:

Edit: SD’s memes. Hard to tell sometimes...there’s so many of you. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:59 am

Honestly, I think it’s downright adorable that you share BDK’s sense of humor and love for clever, unassailable memes.

It was a tweet not a meme.

Senator Elizabeth Warren Goes Over The Line; Threatens To Punish Amazon For 'Snotty Tweets'
But, even if you hate Amazon and love Elizabeth Warren her last sentence should greatly trouble you. It doesn't matter if Warren has lots of other good policy ideas regarding Amazon, or well documented reasons for breaking up the company. It doesn't matter that she was being snarky on Twitter in response to probably uncalled-for tweets from Amazon. At no point should a government official say that anyone should be punished for their speech. And that's what Warren has said by saying that she would "fight to break up Big Tech so you’re not powerful enough to heckle senators with snotty tweets."
These officious, over-bearing Senators such as Warren and Sanders, who think the world revolves around them, are such bores.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:42 am Honestly, I think it’s downright adorable that you share BDK’s sense of humor and love for clever, unassailable memes.

Senator Elizabeth Warren Goes Over The Line; Threatens To Punish Amazon For 'Snotty Tweets'
But, even if you hate Amazon and love Elizabeth Warren her last sentence should greatly trouble you. It doesn't matter if Warren has lots of other good policy ideas regarding Amazon, or well documented reasons for breaking up the company. It doesn't matter that she was being snarky on Twitter in response to probably uncalled-for tweets from Amazon. At no point should a government official say that anyone should be punished for their speech. And that's what Warren has said by saying that she would "fight to break up Big Tech so you’re not powerful enough to heckle senators with snotty tweets."
These officious, over-bearing Senators such as Warren and Sanders, who think the world revolves around them, are such bores.
Apparently she thinks she’s a Roman Senator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:47 am
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:42 am

It can be both. The word meme predates the internet.

Warren stepped in some? Color me shocked. :)

Then again Amazon is a legal fiction. Oh wait...I mean person.