Up Next: Joe Biden?

Political discussions
User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6645
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Pwns »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nevada- ... d=62055143

Didn't this kind of stuff cost Al Franken his seat?

Image

Image

Image
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11758
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Col Hogan »

Come on...he’s a liberal...they will defend him to the end...

I can’t make this up...his supporters are calling him a “human golden retriever”...
The comment appears in a Saturday article in The Atlantic by Edward-Isaac Dovere who quoted the unnamed person defending the Biden by comparing him to a dog breed known for being very friendly.

Much like the dog, Dovere retells that “Biden has a long-established reputation for his touchy-feely ways.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -retriever
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17648
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:Come on...he’s a liberal...they will defend him to the end...

I can’t make this up...his supporters are calling him a “human golden retriever”...
The comment appears in a Saturday article in The Atlantic by Edward-Isaac Dovere who quoted the unnamed person defending the Biden by comparing him to a dog breed known for being very friendly.

Much like the dog, Dovere retells that “Biden has a long-established reputation for his touchy-feely ways.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -retriever
He's not going to be the nominee regardless. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17648
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:Come on...he’s a liberal...they will defend him to the end...

I can’t make this up...his supporters are calling him a “human golden retriever”...
The comment appears in a Saturday article in The Atlantic by Edward-Isaac Dovere who quoted the unnamed person defending the Biden by comparing him to a dog breed known for being very friendly.

Much like the dog, Dovere retells that “Biden has a long-established reputation for his touchy-feely ways.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -retriever
Both of those women are clearly uncomfortable and in the top photo the lady's husband wouldn't be out of line if he dotted Joe's eye. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11758
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:Come on...he’s a liberal...they will defend him to the end...

I can’t make this up...his supporters are calling him a “human golden retriever”...



https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -retriever
Both of those women are clearly uncomfortable and in the top photo the lady's husband wouldn't be out of line if he dotted Joe's eye. :coffee:
But he wouldn’t because he had just been sworn in as SECDEF...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16077
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Biden is one of the more principled and moral Liberals........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6645
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Pwns »

houndawg wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:Come on...he’s a liberal...they will defend him to the end...

I can’t make this up...his supporters are calling him a “human golden retriever”...



https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -retriever
He's not going to be the nominee regardless. :coffee:
If he wants it, it's his. The knee-grows in the south will put him over the top.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19272
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Chizzang »

ye ol' groper Joe...
I hope he gets run off

Image
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25506
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Ivytalk »

Sticking with my Biden-Harris prediction for now.
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by CID1990 »

Col Hogan wrote:Come on...he’s a liberal...they will defend him to the end...
I don’t think so ..

He’s a primary candidate, not a sitting senator or veep. His numbers are high and therefore the Warren and Harris wings are going to tear him apart.

And then his supporters will vote for the actual Dem nominee

I think that whatever mea culpas and kowtowing he is going to be forced to do, along with his less than progressive legislative record are going to do him in



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16077
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Biden hasnt raped anyone there is no way he will represent the Democrats in the next election.
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18419
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by JohnStOnge »

Yeah it's too bad because if he could have gotten through the primaries clean and been nominated he'd clean Trump's clock. But he's not going to get through the primaries clean. If he gets through this there will be other things. Not really bad things probably. But enough to cripple him.

Oh well. Trump is a weak candidate. Any Democrat that gets through the primaries will have a decent shot to beat him. And we can hope that the recession that is inevitably coming starts in time to impact things.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Yeah it's too bad because if he could have gotten through the primaries clean and been nominated he'd clean Trump's clock. But he's not going to get through the primaries clean. If he gets through this there will be other things. Not really bad things probably. But enough to cripple him.

Oh well. Trump is a weak candidate. Any Democrat that gets through the primaries will have a decent shot to beat him. And we can hope that the recession that is inevitably coming starts in time to impact things.
You really do have a short circuit in whatever part of your brain is responsible for logic. Your last sentence is what is wrong with this country across the board on all sides. It is the same thing that has so many leftists in mourning over the Mueller investigation


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18419
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Yeah it's too bad because if he could have gotten through the primaries clean and been nominated he'd clean Trump's clock. But he's not going to get through the primaries clean. If he gets through this there will be other things. Not really bad things probably. But enough to cripple him.

Oh well. Trump is a weak candidate. Any Democrat that gets through the primaries will have a decent shot to beat him. And we can hope that the recession that is inevitably coming starts in time to impact things.
You really do have a short circuit in whatever part of your brain is responsible for logic. Your last sentence is what is wrong with this country across the board on all sides. It is the same thing that has so many leftists in mourning over the Mueller investigation


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is nothing wrong with the logic. Economic ups and downs are inevitable. No economic expansion lasts forever. We are having signs right now that a recession is coming. There will be a recession in the future. There is nothing wrong with hoping that the timing of it is such that it increases the odds of getting rid of Trump.

Like I saw a report today about the inverted yield curve. It was stated that, on average, recessions follow yield curve inversions by 27 months. If there is a recession and it does follow the start of the yield curve inversion by 27 months that will not be soon enough to negatively impact Trump's chances (the inversion I saw reported started in December). There is nothing wrong in hoping that, if it's going to happen, it happens in something like 21 months rather than 27 so that the news hits in September, 2020. That would be optimum.

Just in terms of the negatives of having a recession why would it be any better for it to happen in March, 2021 (27 months) rather than in September, 2020? To me having it happen in September, 2020, would clearly be better because it would give us a better chance of getting rid of the atrocity we now have as President.

Again: It's not hoping we have a recession. It's hoping that the timing of the next recession, which will inevitably occur, is such that it increases the odds of getting rid of Trump.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25506
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:Yeah it's too bad because if he could have gotten through the primaries clean and been nominated he'd clean Trump's clock. But he's not going to get through the primaries clean. If he gets through this there will be other things. Not really bad things probably. But enough to cripple him.

Oh well. Trump is a weak candidate. Any Democrat that gets through the primaries will have a decent shot to beat him. And we can hope that the recession that is inevitably coming starts in time to impact things.
Hoping for a recession? You really do hate America. :ohno:
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18419
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Yeah it's too bad because if he could have gotten through the primaries clean and been nominated he'd clean Trump's clock. But he's not going to get through the primaries clean. If he gets through this there will be other things. Not really bad things probably. But enough to cripple him.

Oh well. Trump is a weak candidate. Any Democrat that gets through the primaries will have a decent shot to beat him. And we can hope that the recession that is inevitably coming starts in time to impact things.
Hoping for a recession? You really do hate America. :ohno:
See above response to CID. It's not hoping for a recession. It's hoping the timing of the next recession will increase the chances of getting rid of Trump.

It's like watching the 10 day weather forecast and hoping the front comes through on Wednesday rather than on Thursday because if it comes through on Wednesday the wind will have turned back to the South by Saturday when you plan to go fishing and a South wind is better for fishing. It's not that you're hoping for a front. It's that a front is coming and you are just hoping the timing is such that it won't screw up the fishing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25506
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Hoping for a recession? You really do hate America. :ohno:
See above response to CID. It's not hoping for a recession. It's hoping the timing of the next recession will increase the chances of getting rid of Trump.

It's like watching the 10 day weather forecast and hoping the front comes through on Wednesday rather than on Thursday because if it comes through on Wednesday the wind will have turned back to the South by Saturday when you plan to go fishing and a South wind is better for fishing. It's not that you're hoping for a front. It's that a front is coming and you are just hoping the timing is such that it won't screw up the fishing.
That’s bullshit and you know it. You don’t care what happens to this country as long as Trump goes.
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You really do have a short circuit in whatever part of your brain is responsible for logic. Your last sentence is what is wrong with this country across the board on all sides. It is the same thing that has so many leftists in mourning over the Mueller investigation


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is nothing wrong with the logic. Economic ups and downs are inevitable. No economic expansion lasts forever. We are having signs right now that a recession is coming. There will be a recession in the future. There is nothing wrong with hoping that the timing of it is such that it increases the odds of getting rid of Trump.

Like I saw a report today about the inverted yield curve. It was stated that, on average, recessions follow yield curve inversions by 27 months. If there is a recession and it does follow the start of the yield curve inversion by 27 months that will not be soon enough to negatively impact Trump's chances (the inversion I saw reported started in December). There is nothing wrong in hoping that, if it's going to happen, it happens in something like 21 months rather than 27 so that the news hits in September, 2020. That would be optimum.

Just in terms of the negatives of having a recession why would it be any better for it to happen in March, 2021 (27 months) rather than in September, 2020? To me having it happen in September, 2020, would clearly be better because it would give us a better chance of getting rid of the atrocity we now have as President.

Again: It's not hoping we have a recession. It's hoping that the timing of the next recession, which will inevitably occur, is such that it increases the odds of getting rid of Trump.
Of course recessions are inevitable. It’s just that your desires surrounding Trump are not in the best interests of the country, and you make this pretty clear every time you post on the matter.

And, as you say over and over - the demographic shift in the US makes Dem hegemony inevitable. I disagree on portions of that argument- but if you truly believe it then your position on Trump is illogical. Given SCOTUS appointments alone, Trump might well be the last bulwark against the sea of millennial voters who would place social justice over sound domestic and fiscal policy. At the very least, Trump is delaying your inevitable - not accelerating it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55497
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by 93henfan »

I'll admit, one time at a talk he gave at UD, he grabbed my ass and stuck his tongue in my ear, but that's just Joe. I didn't report it.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18419
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the logic. Economic ups and downs are inevitable. No economic expansion lasts forever. We are having signs right now that a recession is coming. There will be a recession in the future. There is nothing wrong with hoping that the timing of it is such that it increases the odds of getting rid of Trump.

Like I saw a report today about the inverted yield curve. It was stated that, on average, recessions follow yield curve inversions by 27 months. If there is a recession and it does follow the start of the yield curve inversion by 27 months that will not be soon enough to negatively impact Trump's chances (the inversion I saw reported started in December). There is nothing wrong in hoping that, if it's going to happen, it happens in something like 21 months rather than 27 so that the news hits in September, 2020. That would be optimum.

Just in terms of the negatives of having a recession why would it be any better for it to happen in March, 2021 (27 months) rather than in September, 2020? To me having it happen in September, 2020, would clearly be better because it would give us a better chance of getting rid of the atrocity we now have as President.

Again: It's not hoping we have a recession. It's hoping that the timing of the next recession, which will inevitably occur, is such that it increases the odds of getting rid of Trump.
Of course recessions are inevitable. It’s just that your desires surrounding Trump are not in the best interests of the country, and you make this pretty clear every time you post on the matter.

And, as you say over and over - the demographic shift in the US makes Dem hegemony inevitable. I disagree on portions of that argument- but if you truly believe it then your position on Trump is illogical. Given SCOTUS appointments alone, Trump might well be the last bulwark against the sea of millennial voters who would place social justice over sound domestic and fiscal policy. At the very least, Trump is delaying your inevitable - not accelerating it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I've written before, I think Trump or any other Republican holding the Presidency right now does delay the leftward march to some extent for the short term. But the fact that the Republicans chose Trump means that the credibility of the Republicans and the "right" are being destroyed in the long term. For the long term, any hope of winning the long term battle for the "hearts and minds" of the American people is being lost.

The best thing for this country during the last Presidential election would have been for Trump not only to have lost but to have lost so badly that the Republicans would not do this kind of crap again. And the best thing that can happen next time is the same. The absolute best thing for both this country and for the Republican Party would be for Trump not only to lose but to get blown out. Having the next recession start and be recognized within a few months prior to the 2020 election would increase the odds of that happening.

Of course I don't know that would do it. It may be too late. The fact that the Republican Party nominated that guy and is now acting like it's acting in supporting him means it is crafting an image that is going to be hard to overcome. It's the image of a slimy, corrupt, mean spirited party of ignorant, hateful bumpkins.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55497
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote: It's the image of a slimy, corrupt, mean spirited party of ignorant, hateful bumpkins.
Save your words. Use Hillary's: basket of deplorables

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17648
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
See above response to CID. It's not hoping for a recession. It's hoping the timing of the next recession will increase the chances of getting rid of Trump.

It's like watching the 10 day weather forecast and hoping the front comes through on Wednesday rather than on Thursday because if it comes through on Wednesday the wind will have turned back to the South by Saturday when you plan to go fishing and a South wind is better for fishing. It's not that you're hoping for a front. It's that a front is coming and you are just hoping the timing is such that it won't screw up the fishing.
That’s bullshit and you know it. You don’t care what happens to this country as long as Trump goes.
:roll:

Whatever happens is just us getting the gubmint we deserve. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17648
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote:
houndawg wrote:
He's not going to be the nominee regardless. :coffee:
If he wants it, it's his. The knee-grows in the south will put him over the top.
won't happen. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11758
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote:
Pwns wrote:
If he wants it, it's his. The knee-grows in the south will put him over the top.
won't happen. :coffee:
Your record of “won’t happen” isn’t very good...

See Trump, 2016 election
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 14166
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Up Next: Joe Biden?

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Yeah it's too bad because if he could have gotten through the primaries clean and been nominated he'd clean Trump's clock. But he's not going to get through the primaries clean. If he gets through this there will be other things. Not really bad things probably. But enough to cripple him.

Oh well. Trump is a weak candidate. Any Democrat that gets through the primaries will have a decent shot to beat him. And we can hope that the recession that is inevitably coming starts in time to impact things.
Hoping for a recession? You really do hate America. :ohno:
He's been on record for a while now (along with many other Democrats and Leftists) hoping that the economy fails and working class families suffer all just so another rich entitled person with a "D" next to their name can occupy the WH. It's really quite despicable. It really is.

Post Reply