SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:55 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:26 am

Truck bomb took it out. I think the goal was for it to blow over the arches as that is what the pre-made stamps were depicting. If the arches would have been blown, the bridge would have been down for a lot more than the half a day that it was.

Unfortunately Russia responded with widespread drone and missle strikes targeting vital infrastructure (power and water). Looking like things are going to get much uglier with Surovikin in charge. :ohno:
My gosh, it's almost as if Russia has decided to launch a war against Ukraine now that Ukraine damaged a bridge. Now Russia is mad. :roll:
Agreed. The outcry from the "retaliatory" missile strikes is equally absurd.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:14 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:55 am

My gosh, it's almost as if Russia has decided to launch a war against Ukraine now that Ukraine damaged a bridge. Now Russia is mad. :roll:
Agreed. The outcry from the "retaliatory" missile strikes is equally absurd.
Of course it's absurd. Russia has been waging war on Ukraine and striking military and non-military targets for 8 months now, to say nothing of the various war crimes they've committed to the civilian population in the areas they controlled and still control militarily. This is what war by an aggressive, attacking nation looks like. What Russia has done in the last 24 hours is really tame compared to their other unprovoked aggressions. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:26 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:13 am Nice news to wake up to: Kerch Bridge, connecting Crimea/Russia, and a major symbol of Russia's invasion has partially collapsed. Two of four lanes and the rail line destroyed. The Russians can't defend something this important and far from the battlefront anymore.

Truck bomb took it out. I think the goal was for it to blow over the arches as that is what the pre-made stamps were depicting. If the arches would have been blown, the bridge would have been down for a lot more than the half a day that it was.

Unfortunately Russia responded with widespread drone and missle strikes targeting a playground, bridge, and vital civilian infrastructure (power and water). Looking like things are going to get even uglier with Surovikin in charge. :ohno:
FYP
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

‘Ukraine is going to win’: Estonia’s departing spy chief opens up on Putin’s war
According to one former high-ranking U.S. intelligence officer, “Estonia punches far above its weight on Russian affairs. The respect for Marran and his service in the U.S. intelligence community is quite palpable.”
Estonia has been closely advising Ukraine’s intelligence services since 2014, the year of Russia’s initial invasion and occupation, and the dividends of that advice are now demonstrable on the battlefield. In the past several weeks Ukraine has recaptured more than 4,000 square miles of terrain, not only in the northeast of the country but now also in the south. Russian frontlines are collapsing in Kherson, whose provincial capital was the first major population center to fall to Moscow in the opening days of the war. And despite Putin’s heralded “annexation” of Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson, his army is losing ground in all four districts to simultaneous Ukrainian combined-arms offensives. Just yesterday, Ukraine somehow partially collapsed the Kerch Bridge — one of Putin’s prize projects — which connects Russia to occupied Crimea.
“Ukraine is going to win,” Marran says without hesitation. “They have to win because for Ukraine, it’s an independence war. It’s not just a regional conflict, and that’s why they are highly motivated.” Though he is less certain of when, exactly, that victory will come.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:40 pm ‘Ukraine is going to win’: Estonia’s departing spy chief opens up on Putin’s war
According to one former high-ranking U.S. intelligence officer, “Estonia punches far above its weight on Russian affairs. The respect for Marran and his service in the U.S. intelligence community is quite palpable.”
Estonia has been closely advising Ukraine’s intelligence services since 2014, the year of Russia’s initial invasion and occupation, and the dividends of that advice are now demonstrable on the battlefield. In the past several weeks Ukraine has recaptured more than 4,000 square miles of terrain, not only in the northeast of the country but now also in the south. Russian frontlines are collapsing in Kherson, whose provincial capital was the first major population center to fall to Moscow in the opening days of the war. And despite Putin’s heralded “annexation” of Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson, his army is losing ground in all four districts to simultaneous Ukrainian combined-arms offensives. Just yesterday, Ukraine somehow partially collapsed the Kerch Bridge — one of Putin’s prize projects — which connects Russia to occupied Crimea.
“Ukraine is going to win,” Marran says without hesitation. “They have to win because for Ukraine, it’s an independence war. It’s not just a regional conflict, and that’s why they are highly motivated.” Though he is less certain of when, exactly, that victory will come.
Guy's I'm reading say Russia pulled back to protect the Oblasts, are currently bringing new equipment and troops in, unifying the command and will start back up when the ground freezes at the end of October or beginning of November.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:20 am
Guy's I'm reading say Russia pulled back to protect the Oblasts, are currently bringing new equipment and troops in, unifying the command and will start back up when the ground freezes at the end of October or beginning of November.
Yes, they sacrificed 1000’s of troops, pieces of equipment and vehicles, and willingly gave up land to protect it from the Nazis and gays.

Master strategist.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

We will protect you. By bombing playgrounds in Kiev and killing as many of you as necessary.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:50 am

Yes, they sacrificed 1000’s of troops, pieces of equipment and vehicles, and willingly gave up land to protect it from the Nazis and gays.

Master strategist.
Thousands of troops? Where are you getting your news? Russia did a strategic withdrawal specifically to prevent losses. Why do they need to protect open fields?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Why should I trust the guys your reading? How do I know they're not spreading fake news?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:41 am

Why should I trust the guys your reading? How do I know they're not spreading fake news?
You shouldn't. Nobody, on this board, truly knows what's going on.

I'm going off past predictions and who has been better. I've been told by the West that Putin is going to use nukes, be assassinated, has no troops or weaponry and is sucking his thumb. What has happened so far, doesn't support those statements.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:32 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:41 am

I'm going off past predictions and who has been better. I've been told by the West that Putin is going to use nukes, be assassinated, has no troops or weaponry and is sucking his thumb. What has happened so far, doesn't support those statements.
Have their past predictions truly been better or do they just better fit what you want to believe?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:49 am

Have their past predictions truly been better or do they just better fit what you want to believe?
Does a Russian bot really believe anything? I thought he's just posting from the script he's given. :nod:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Been better because they generally don't go into what I believe. They keep it to facts as best they can. They simply have their sources, and from that, convey what they believe happening. They are constantly reminding everyone that a good portion of what they say is simply a guess.

With that said, "they" predict Russian action when the ground freezes. Since the 4 Oblasts are under Russian protection now, that allows Russia to go to war status.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:57 pm

Been better because they generally don't go into what I believe. They keep it to facts as best they can. They simply have their sources, and from that, convey what they believe happening. They are constantly reminding everyone that a good portion of what they say is simply a guess.

With that said, "they" predict Russian action when the ground freezes. Since the 4 Oblasts are under Russian protection now, that allows Russia to go to war status.
Seriously, dude, how much money do you get from Russia to post crap like that?? Are you honestly saying that Russia hasn't been conducting a war all this time in Ukraine? Come on, man. :ohno:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:06 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:57 pm

Seriously, dude, how much money do you get from Russia to post crap like that?? Are you honestly saying that Russia hasn't been conducting a war all this time in Ukraine? Come on, man. :ohno:
This has been classified as a Special Operation up to this point. That means Russia has been limiting what they did, to trying to destroy only machinery and soldiers. They even limited troop numbers and skill sets.

Well, changing the status now means Russia will have more troops and more capabilities at their disposal.

You didn't know it was considered a special operation?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:49 pm

This has been classified as a Special Operation up to this point. That means Russia has been limiting what they did, to trying to destroy only machinery and soldiers. They even limited troop numbers and skill sets.

Well, changing the status now means Russia will have more troops and more capabilities at their disposal.
Again, stop it, you're embarrassing yourself (but then again, you've been parroting official Russian propaganda as if it's factual for about 8 months now so you're probably immune to embarrassment or you're really that dense). They've been in an all out war since February, and have destroyed anything or anyone in their path - soldiers, civilians, military equipment, towns, cities, etc. They've massacred civilians, they've forcibly removed whole populations, a lot into Russia itself, they've recklessly fired into population centers knowing there would be collateral damage. And they've done all of this in another country's sovereign territory, without their permission, with the intention of taking territory forcibly and without cause. That's war. Stop being obtuse.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Really, you edited your post to say that? You really are a Russian bot. :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:29 am
kalm wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:50 am

Master strategist.
Thousands of troops? Where are you getting your news? Russia did a strategic withdrawal specifically to prevent losses. Why do they need to protect open fields?
Yes…it was strategic withdrawal. We don’t need to protect land already taken as is only good for potato. We have plenty of potato.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:00 pm

Again, stop it, you're embarrassing yourself (but then again, you've been parroting official Russian propaganda as if it's factual for about 8 months now so you're probably immune to embarrassment or you're really that dense). They've been in an all out war since February, and have destroyed anything or anyone in their path - soldiers, civilians, military equipment, towns, cities, etc. They've massacred civilians, they've forcibly removed whole populations, a lot into Russia itself, they've recklessly fired into population centers knowing there would be collateral damage. And they've done all of this in another country's sovereign territory, without their permission, with the intention of taking territory forcibly and without cause. That's war. Stop being obtuse.
:lol: That was quite the rant of propaganda.

Let's see who is closer.

You: Buy everything MSM says, especially if it's anti Russian.

Me: Don't believe MSM at all and realize Russia truly has been holding back and not pleased this wasn't allowed to end months ago.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:02 pm
Really, you edited your post to say that? You really are a Russian bot. :ohno:
Well, you questioned the status, especially after I pointed out it was classified as special operation. I'm thinking you didn't.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I don't know whether I should :dunce: or :rofl: at the bolded part. There are a lot of civilians who would like to disagree with that statement. Unfortunately, they are unable to because the Russians targeted and killed them.

We'll need trials at the Hague when this is over to prosecute Russian war crimes.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:34 pm

I don't know whether I should :dunce: or :rofl: at the bolded part. There are a lot of civilians who would like to disagree with that statement. Unfortunately, they are unable to because the Russians targeted and killed them.

We'll need trials at the Hague when this is over to prosecute Russian war crimes.
Why are Russians killing ethnic Russians living on the E Ukrainian border? You guys really never stopped to think about what you're believing, did you?

This is just like believing the Russians are getting their asses handed to them even though this has primarily been an artillery war.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:47 pm

Why are Russians killing ethnic Russians living on the E Ukrainian border? You guys really never stopped to think about what you're believing, did you?

This is just like believing the Russians are getting their asses handed to them even though this has primarily been an artillery war.
This is so idiotic that you have to be trolling. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Dude, you're a fraud at this point. Maybe they're not killing ethnic Russian civilians (although there's plenty of evidence of that) but they are killing ethnic Ukrainian citizens who also happen to live in those areas. At this point you are a bot and a fraud. The question is why would you want to be those things?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:11 pm

Dude, you're a fraud at this point. Maybe they're not killing ethnic Russian civilians (although there's plenty of evidence of that) but they are killing ethnic Ukrainian citizens who also happen to live in those areas. At this point you are a bot and a fraud. The question is why would you want to be those things?
I believe that SG is pimping Putin's lie that Ukrainian statehood is a fiction and that Ukraine is a part of Russia. Thus, there are no Ukrainians, only Russians. Putin's lie ignores history and reality.