Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

Deaths are still higher in Minnesota and the active cases are back up.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:21 pm Deaths are still higher in Minnesota and the active cases are back up.
Negative Nancy!!!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:26 pm
Sucks as most small businesses are in this boat and these new lockdowns likely put most of them out of business, but given that it's LA there's like a 70% chance that she voted Donk. You get what you vote for.

Sac County Sherriff gave Newsom the finger on his new lockdowns here and said his staff isn't enforcing any of them. :lol: :clap:

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Some families were hit hard by Covid, Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns for example lost his mother and 6 other family members.

CBS Sports Link

Minnesota Timberwolves big man Karl-Anthony Towns told reporters on Friday that six other family members have died because of COVID-19 since the death of his mother earlier this year. The 25-year-old added that the constant loss has made this year especially hard for him.

Per Malika Andrews of ESPN, Towns said specifically that he hasn't "been in a good place" since his mother went to a hospital back in March with the respiratory disease that has caused a global pandemic. Jacqueline Cruz, Towns' mother, died in April after she was placed in a medically induced coma.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:47 am
Sucks as most small businesses are in this boat and these new lockdowns likely put most of them out of business, but given that it's LA there's like a 70% chance that she voted Donk. You get what you vote for.

Sac County Sherriff gave Newsom the finger on his new lockdowns here and said his staff isn't enforcing any of them. :lol: :clap:

Why go public with his decisions like to “generally” wear a mask? Or assume he understands the right priorities since he’s not a public health officer like he uses in his argument?

Just the threat of fines or arrest probably saves some lives. Take it up internally with your bosses and/or just be a leader and do your job.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:19 am

Why go public with his decisions like to “generally” wear a mask? Or assume he understands the right priorities since he’s not a public health officer like he uses in his argument?

Just the threat of fines or arrest probably saves some lives. Take it up internally with your bosses and/or just be a leader and do your job.
He’s a fucking hero. Dude should run for governor.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

That sheriff is a practical, reasonable person and deserves respect. Significantly more respect than the hypocrite governor of California.

I'm guessing he said that he "generally" wears a mask because like the vast majority of the responsible people wearing masks there has been an instance where he forgot and he doesn't want some nitpicking sh1thead to BDK him - point out that one discrepancy, call him a liar and try to discredit everything he said because of it.

He is doing his job. He has limited resources and he is choosing where to focus those resources. He's a county sheriff not a Stasi commander.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

While I feel the CDC is full of crap, they are at least a consistent, in definition of their measurables.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... index.html

One of you fuckers going to tell me why the positive rate tracks with the amount of testing?

Deaths down again.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:29 am

As California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered restrictions aimed at curbing a surge of Covid-19 cases, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones declined to enforce them.

Jones resisted enforcing the statewide mask order issued in June. And he pushed back on the governor-ordered curfew aimed at curbing nonessential gatherings last month.

On Wednesday, Jones' office announced that he had tested positive for the virus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/03/us/sacra ... index.html
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Who knew that this place had become Parler?

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:35 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:29 am

As California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered restrictions aimed at curbing a surge of Covid-19 cases, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones declined to enforce them.

Jones resisted enforcing the statewide mask order issued in June. And he pushed back on the governor-ordered curfew aimed at curbing nonessential gatherings last month.

On Wednesday, Jones' office announced that he had tested positive for the virus.

His response discusses his bout with the China Virus. Jones' stance on these "safety guidelines" is something that I've said from the get go, that they are not enforceable. It's just good to see the top cop in Sac County state the obvious.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:46 am

That sheriff is a practical, reasonable person and deserves respect. Significantly more respect than the hypocrite governor of California.

I'm guessing he said that he "generally" wears a mask because like the vast majority of the responsible people wearing masks there has been an instance where he forgot and he doesn't want some nitpicking sh1thead to BDK him - point out that one discrepancy, call him a liar and try to discredit everything he said because of it.

He is doing his job. He has limited resources and he is choosing where to focus those resources. He's a county sheriff not a Stasi commander.
Or that "generally wears a mask" refers to only wearing it on common sense situations, which is the right thing to do.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:35 pm Who knew that this place had become Parler?

Welcome back Geoff!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:35 pm Who knew that this place had become Parler?

Not compared to AGS
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Snall businesses fail all the time, nothing to see here. Right, Z?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:46 am

He a politician chasing votes. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:42 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:35 pm

His response discusses his bout with the China Virus. Jones' stance on these "safety guidelines" is something that I've said from the get go, that they are not enforceable. It's just good to see the top cop in Sac County state the obvious.
It’s unenforceable like alcohol prohibition at EWU tailgates. The signs which include the RCW are still posted. There are a few people who still comply, and the cops heavily patrol the areas. Drinking out of a solo cup...you’re good. In your face shots from the bottle might get their attention just like going 3 over the speed limit versus 25.

Cops obviously have to prioritize crime fighting. They do it all the time. This is no different except that other crimes are not contagious and killing 3,000 people/day nationwide. No need for a public statement that undermines healthcare efforts.

This is not public leadership, it’s politicization of a health crisis.

If enough people followed social distancing guidelines on their own we wouldn’t be seeing almost the same amount of new daily cases as the other top 10 countries combined.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:44 am Snall businesses fail all the time, nothing to see here. Right, Z?
They do. Who the hell wants snalls anyway?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:43 am
It’s unenforceable like alcohol prohibition at EWU tailgates. The signs which include the RCW are still posted. There are a few people who still comply, and the cops heavily patrol the areas. Drinking out of a solo cup...you’re good. In your face shots from the bottle might get their attention just like going 3 over the speed limit versus 25.

Cops obviously have to prioritize crime fighting. They do it all the time. This is no different except that other crimes are not contagious and killing 3,000 people/day nationwide. No need for a public statement that undermines healthcare efforts.

If enough people followed social distancing guidelines on their own we wouldn’t be seeing almost the same amount of new daily cases as the other top 10 countries combined.
What politician hasn't politicized the pandemic?

You prioritize safety so you overlook the politicization by the left and criticize the politicization by those on the right that prioritize civil liberties. Your personal bias is impacting how you interpret and evaluate leadership.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:54 am

You prioritize safety so you overlook the politicization by the left and criticize the politicization by those on the right that prioritize civil liberties. Your personal bias is impacting how you interpret and evaluate leadership.
Yes...during an existential crisis, I DO prioritize safety and I think my concerns have unfortunately been proven correct for quite awhile now. Again, he’s justified in questioning his agency’s ability to enforce and he should. This just stinks of political glam posting. We don’t need additional divisiveness right now from leadership. There are still too many in denial of the continued threat.

I’m sorry that one side is more right than the other on this. That’s for you to reconcile. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:33 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:54 am

Yes...during an existential crisis, I DO prioritize safety and I think my concerns have unfortunately been proven correct for quite awhile now. Again, he’s justified in questioning his agency’s ability to enforce and he should. This just stinks of political glam posting. We don’t need additional divisiveness right now from leadership. There are still too many in denial of the continued threat.

I’m sorry that one side is more right than the other on this. That’s for you to reconcile. :thumb:
You're right we don't need additional divisiveness. Why don't you criticize the Donk leaders and their sheeple who blame Donald Trump for 280K coronavirus deaths? That's extremely divisive.

We also need genuine, authentic leadership not some authoritarian clown who locks things down and has a large private diner at an exclusive restaurant. Or the authoritarian clowns who say people shouldn't travel right before they or their family travel. It's hypocritical and feeds the divisiveness.

The side you support might be right but it doesn't help that it keeps tripping over its own dick and screwing this up.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

I disagree. With other crimes and social issues on the rise, I think it is well within the Sheriff's purview to make a statement about his enforcement priorities. Regarding the killings, there are the other issues (depression, abuse, drug use, etc) glossed over that are a direct result of the shutdowns that never gets discussed. I'm just glad my sheriff isn't wasting resources responding to "lockdown violations" that are called in by Karen.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I want her teaching my kids.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire