Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:49 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:57 pm Lol

The same Ray Epps that was telling everyone they needed to march to the Capitol and enter the building, to which everyone in the crowd said, "No!" and then chanted "Fed. Fed. Fed!"?

If he isn't an FBI informant, he's full of shit.
Yep. (Questions on Epps start about 50 seconds in)
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:15 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:49 pm

The same Ray Epps that was telling everyone they needed to march to the Capitol and enter the building, to which everyone in the crowd said, "No!" and then chanted "Fed. Fed. Fed!"?

If he isn't an FBI informant, he's full of shit.
Yep. (Questions on Epps start about 50 seconds in)
That settles it then! We clearly need a 2nd Jan 6 commission to investigate the 1st as well as the planned FBI insurrection that was simultaneously taking place! Maybe even two commissions to tackle each independently!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The real insurrectionists:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Running out of excuses…
“A sitting president asking for civil war.”

That was one unflinching verdict on President Donald Trump’s actions on January 6, 2021. But this observer wasn’t some hyperbolic Democrat or incorrigible Never Trumper or even a Trump-tepid member of the Republican establishment. It was Brad Parscale, who had been one of the president’s closest advisers: the man behind Trump’s acclaimed digital campaign in 2016, and then his campaign manager from 2018 until summer 2020.

Like many Americans, Parscale had had enough when he watched a mob storming the U.S. Capitol. That evening, he was exchanging texts with Katrina Pierson, a fellow veteran of the 2016 Trump team, when he invoked the specter of civil war. “This week I feel guilty for helping him win,” he told her. Pierson tried to reassure him: “You did what you felt right at the time and therefore it was right.”

Parscale wasn’t having it. He noted (apparently referring to the protester Ashli Babbitt) that someone had died, and wrote, “If I was trump and knew my rhetoric killed someone.” Pierson demurred: “It wasn’t the rhetoric.” But he was insistent.

“Katrina.”

“Yes it was”

Those text messages were revealed yesterday during the latest hearing of the House committee investigating Trump’s attempt to steal the 2020 election, and they show one reason the panel has been surprisingly effective, better at both surfacing new information and presenting it to the public than I had expected: The committee has so often let the most damning things come from Trump’s own closest aides. (Don’t miss my colleague Russell Berman’s excellent summary of the hearing.) And though that won’t convince everyone, some evidence shows it’s starting to corrode Trump’s standing. A new poll, for example, finds that nearly half of Republican primary voters want a different nominee for president in 2024.
https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters ... rs/670518/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:18 am Running out of excuses…
“A sitting president asking for civil war.”

That was one unflinching verdict on President Donald Trump’s actions on January 6, 2021. But this observer wasn’t some hyperbolic Democrat or incorrigible Never Trumper or even a Trump-tepid member of the Republican establishment. It was Brad Parscale, who had been one of the president’s closest advisers: the man behind Trump’s acclaimed digital campaign in 2016, and then his campaign manager from 2018 until summer 2020.

Like many Americans, Parscale had had enough when he watched a mob storming the U.S. Capitol. That evening, he was exchanging texts with Katrina Pierson, a fellow veteran of the 2016 Trump team, when he invoked the specter of civil war. “This week I feel guilty for helping him win,” he told her. Pierson tried to reassure him: “You did what you felt right at the time and therefore it was right.”

Parscale wasn’t having it. He noted (apparently referring to the protester Ashli Babbitt) that someone had died, and wrote, “If I was trump and knew my rhetoric killed someone.” Pierson demurred: “It wasn’t the rhetoric.” But he was insistent.

“Katrina.”

“Yes it was”

Those text messages were revealed yesterday during the latest hearing of the House committee investigating Trump’s attempt to steal the 2020 election, and they show one reason the panel has been surprisingly effective, better at both surfacing new information and presenting it to the public than I had expected: The committee has so often let the most damning things come from Trump’s own closest aides. (Don’t miss my colleague Russell Berman’s excellent summary of the hearing.) And though that won’t convince everyone, some evidence shows it’s starting to corrode Trump’s standing. A new poll, for example, finds that nearly half of Republican primary voters want a different nominee for president in 2024.
Oh. Well then. I guess it’s settled. Brad Parscale thinks it was a civil war attempt.

Case closed.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:18 am Running out of excuses…
Oh. Well then. I guess it’s settled. Brad Parscale thinks it was a civil war attempt.

Case closed.
He is more credible than Tucker or trump. :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:49 am
Strzok criticizing anything is golden! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:25 am
So you deny that the meeting happened of those who participated weren’t Russia friendly?

(I mean there are kind of some receipts for all of this)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

especially when he's right :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:14 pm

So you deny that the meeting happened of those who participated weren’t Russia friendly?

Oh it happened, and I actually commented on the meeting well over a year ago in the 2020 election thread. Byrne wrote about it quite extensively.

From Feb 2021. All about his meeting.

https://www.deepcapture.com/2021/02/how ... cember-18/

Summary. Guliani was more concerned about his booze and dinner. In way over his head. Cippoline was a total asshole and Trump turned down their proposals.

But for Strzok to comment on anything after his role in the whole Russia collusion issue is quite rich.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:17 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:14 pm

Oh it happened, and I actually commented on the meeting well over a year ago in the 2020 election thread. Byrne wrote about it quite extensively.

Summary. Guliani was more concerned about his booze and dinner. In way over his head. Cippoline was a total asshole and Trump turned down their proposals.

But for Strzok to comment on anything after his role in the whole Russia collusion issue is quite rich.
I’m not sure we’re looking at the same hearings.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:04 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:17 pm

I’m not sure we’re looking at the same hearings.
Yes we are, but I incorrectly inserted Guliani previously. Both are talking about the Dec 18th meeting. Byrne actually wrote six articles on the whole 2020 post election efforts on how he was involved and what happened. He's even saying today that it was his idea and not Trump's to have used National Guardsman. Trump listened to Cippolone and turned them down.

It was the other articles in which Byrne slams Guliani for only caring about drinking, eating at nice places and his radio show. Essentially saying he was a detriment to Trump. In way over his head.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:44 am
Tertiary syphilis... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Did they convict Trump yet?

I heard he had Russian hookers pee on fake ballots and pictures of Obama smoking.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:21 pm Did they convict Trump yet?

I heard he had Russian hookers pee on fake ballots and pictures of Obama smoking.
I heard that they took turns peeing as the other ones held his gut still while he fapped.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

And poof! Oops! We lost the records and can’t retrieve them even though cyber forensics is our jam.

Why did Pence refuse to get in the car? Why hasn’t Ornato testified under oath to rebuke Hutchinson’s hearsay? (Ornato got a nice promotion right as this was all going down.)

“Reeks of leftover ass” indeed. :lol:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:52 am

I could hear that BDPSHT was trying to disguise his voice but Z sounds about like I thought he would :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:14 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:52 am

I could hear that BDPSHT was trying to disguise his voice but Z sounds about like I thought he would :coffee:
Outcome of zealotry and extreme partisanship. No one wants to work with anyone any longer. Compromise is considered weakness. Both sides are convinced the other side is the embodiment of evil. Calmer heads in leadership would be great right now, but we appear to be bereft of real leaders. Everyone talks in generalities and slogans because talking in details is too hard. We'll get out of this eventually, but it may still be a while. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:49 am

Outcome of zealotry and extreme partisanship. No one wants to work with anyone any longer. Compromise is considered weakness. Both sides are convinced the other side is the embodiment of evil. Calmer heads in leadership would be great right now, but we appear to be bereft of real leaders. Everyone talks in generalities and slogans because talking in details is too hard. We'll get out of this eventually, but it may still be a while. :ohno:
...the base that Republicans are fighting to represent and exactly who LBJ was talking about when he said that if you can convince the lowest white man that he is higher than the highest black man, he will empty his pockets for you... :ohno:

Independent ticket for '24: Cheney/Sanders
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

:nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:05 am

...the base that Republicans are fighting to represent and exactly who LBJ was talking about when he said that if you can convince the lowest white man that he is higher than the highest black man, he will empty his pockets for you... :ohno:

Independent ticket for '24: Cheney/Sanders
Our problems, our real big problems, transcend race and racial politics. And Sanders is a fool, and he's spent most of his political career pouring gasoline on others trying to solve the problems that we have. He's far from the calmer head for leadership I was talking about. And no way he goes second place on a ticket - he'll run for the Dems again and take whatever they give him again to leave the race and moderately support whomever they decide to run. And Liz Cheyney is a lightweight - her opposition to Trump (not his policies, but the person) is admirable, but she hasn't really come across as someone I'd get behind to be the leader of the whole nation. She's an above average Congressperson, and she's likely to be looking for a job as the Wyoming GOP has made it clear she's not getting re-elected, but being Dick Cheney's daughter and a 3x time member of Congress hasn't shown enough to me yet.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Bipartisan U.S. Senate group introduces bill intended to head off another Jan. 6
A bipartisan group of U.S. senators introduced two bills on Wednesday to reform election laws, seeking to block a repeat of then-President Donald Trump's failed attempt to overturn his 2020 election loss to Democratic President Joe Biden.

The legislation, among other things, would make clear that the vice president has only a ceremonial role in certifying election results, after a mob of Trump supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, stormed the U.S. Capitol in a bid to force then-Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election result.
Introduced by the group led by Democratic Senator Joe Manchin and Republican Senator Susan Collins, the two bills address a range of issues, from the handling of election results and presidential transitions to mail-in ballots, election record security and threats against election workers.
2 Thoughts ...
1) Holy Sh!t, there are adults in Washington.
2) If January 6 weren't a big deal then this legislation wouldn't be needed and wouldn't have gotten bipartisan support.

Please no "but the AnTiFa riots", those were a big deal too and should have been handled as attacks on our Republic as well.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:12 pm Bipartisan U.S. Senate group introduces bill intended to head off another Jan. 6
A bipartisan group of U.S. senators introduced two bills on Wednesday to reform election laws, seeking to block a repeat of then-President Donald Trump's failed attempt to overturn his 2020 election loss to Democratic President Joe Biden.

The legislation, among other things, would make clear that the vice president has only a ceremonial role in certifying election results, after a mob of Trump supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, stormed the U.S. Capitol in a bid to force then-Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election result.
Introduced by the group led by Democratic Senator Joe Manchin and Republican Senator Susan Collins, the two bills address a range of issues, from the handling of election results and presidential transitions to mail-in ballots, election record security and threats against election workers.
2 Thoughts ...
1) Holy Sh!t, there are adults in Washington.
2) If January 6 weren't a big deal then this legislation wouldn't be needed and wouldn't have gotten bipartisan support.

Please no "but the AnTiFa riots", those were a big deal too and should have been handled as attacks on our Republic as well.
Please. The only reason this legislation exists is it’s the swamp protecting their swamp.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12