UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The New Speaker…

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:20 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:54 pm

That is an oversimplification of what I believe.

Regardless, I'm entitled to believe what I want just like people who don't follow Christian values are entitled to continue to believe that they're Christians. You telling me I'm wrong is no better than me saying they're not really Christians.
Have you accepted Christ and what do you believe in regards to salvation provided by Christ? Now is your chance to set the record straight.
How does that matter? My beliefs are my beliefs. You get upset with me for questioning other peoples' beliefs but then you question mine?

Double standard much?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:37 pm

Have you accepted Christ and what do you believe in regards to salvation provided by Christ? Now is your chance to set the record straight.
How does that matter? My beliefs are my beliefs. You get upset with me for questioning other peoples' beliefs but then you question mine?

Double standard much?
Okay. I see where this is going already. "My beliefs are my beliefs".

If you are spreading false gospel, then it's a problem that needs correcting, but I can see you really don't have any beliefs of substance on this subject. This is your schtick of acting neutral. You make statements and fail to back them up.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:37 pm

Double standard much?

If you are spreading false gospel, then it's a problem that needs correcting, but I can see you really don't have any beliefs of substance on this subject. This is your schtick of acting neutral. You make statements and fail to back them up.
I am "spreading false gospel" and "really don't have any beliefs of substance on this subject"? There you go judging my beliefs after getting all thin skinned and criticizing me for judging others.

I am entitled to believe what I believe and that people who IMO only identify as Christians are charlatans. You are entitled to believe what you believe and that I am wrong. What you think is "false gospel" is based on your beliefs. What I think is hypocrisy is base on my beliefs.

I don't care if millions of evangelicals agree with you, your beliefs/faith are no more or less valid than my beliefs/faith.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:25 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:48 pm

:rofl:

Engrish
Ha! The point I'm getting at, is that it's very informative, even if you read it as a story in Engrish. This is what Cleats always used to dance around. Said he read the whole thing one semester at Harvard, but was continually misrepresenting what was written. It was obvious he never read the Bible and only parroted what he had heard from others.

I realize you're not interested and can appreciate you don't wade into topics you don't care about.
....gods that die and are resurrected are hardly original, same for the golden rule. Like I said before - recycled Egyptian sun-god myth. And all that nonsense about sacrificing his "son"...I guess it could interest people, I just don't see how. The boringness index is way up in Atlas Shrugged territory but chacun a son gout...I hate to think that we have somebody in as important a position as Speaker of the House who believes superstitious nonsense for real, but here we are.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:41 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:31 pm

Goodman self righteous twat,

They're my beliefs, how do you know if I'm applying them incorrectly? Answer: you don't. You're judging me and my beliefs just like I judge people who identify as Christians.
Because you keep believing Christians have to work their way to heaven. Incorrect. Your statements reveal what you believe.
True, no heaven, no hell. When they put you in the ground thats where you stay.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:09 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:45 pm

I am "spreading false gospel" and "really don't have any beliefs of substance on this subject"? There you go judging my beliefs after getting all thin skinned and criticizing me for judging others.

I am entitled to believe what I believe and that people who IMO only identify as Christians are charlatans. You are entitled to believe what you believe and that I am wrong. What you think is "false gospel" is based on your beliefs. What I think is hypocrisy is base on my beliefs.

I don't care if millions of evangelicals agree with you, your beliefs/faith are no more or less valid than my beliefs/faith.
That's your belief on Christianity? That some great nuance. I see you've really thought this one through. Power to ya bro!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:09 pm I am "spreading false gospel" and "really don't have any beliefs of substance on this subject"? There you go judging my beliefs after getting all thin skinned and criticizing me for judging others.

That's your belief on Christianity? That some great nuance. I see you've really thought this one through. Power to ya bro!
I think it’s actually more common sense than a belief/faith that someone who doesn’t even try to follow the basic tenets of Christianity probably isn’t a much of a Christian. Doesn’t mean they can’t accept God later and be welcomed into heaven.

You can tell me this is wrong but I believe it and it’s just as valid as what you believe about me for judging those self righteous twats.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:20 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
I think it’s actually more common sense than a belief/faith that someone who doesn’t even try to follow the basic tenets of Christianity probably isn’t a much of a Christian. Doesn’t mean they can’t accept God later and be welcomed into heaven.

You can tell me this is wrong but I believe it and it’s just as valid as what you believe about me for judging those self righteous twats.
What are those basic tenets?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:48 pm

:rofl:

Engrish
Ha! The point I'm getting at, is that it's very informative, even if you read it as a story in Engrish. This is what Cleats always used to dance around. Said he read the whole thing one semester at Harvard, but was continually misrepresenting what was written. It was obvious he never read the Bible and only parroted what he had heard from others.

I realize you're not interested and can appreciate you don't wade into topics you don't care about.
I haven’t read the Bible all the way through. But I was baptized, confirmed, and went to sermons. Isn’t that enough?

Question. Is it better to have not read the Bible, or claimed Jesus as my savior, and be a good person than to have read or to have done the first two but be lacking in the third?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:33 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:20 pm

What are those basic tenets?
Thou shalt not encourage preachers and other self-righteous twats.

Thou shalt not make shitty music and call it "rock".

I'm sure there are more, but like I said - Atlas Shrugged level boring; I never did find out who John Galt was either.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Now…back to Johnson (that’s what she said!)

He doesn’t believe we live in a democracy and that the founding fathers followed “biblical admonition”.

It’s not that he’s a Christian. It’s that he’s a Christo-fascist….

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:23 am Now…back to Johnson (that’s what she said!)

He doesn’t believe we live in a democracy and that the founding fathers followed “biblical admonition”.

Do the rules that ousted the last Speaker still prevail?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:32 am
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:23 am Now…back to Johnson (that’s what she said!)

Do the rules that ousted the last Speaker still prevail?
Rules are for suckers and lefties. There are no rules. Only power and Trump.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:54 pm

That is an oversimplification of what I believe.

Regardless, I'm entitled to believe what I want just like people who don't follow Christian values are entitled to continue to believe that they're Christians. You telling me I'm wrong is no better than me saying they're not really Christians.

First I'd like to hear a first hand account that might prove he was more than a recycled myth. And why must it be this fictional person when all the so-called christian values had already been around for millennia.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I’d never heard of Johnson before a week+ ago. Considering how much he’s been demonized by the left, he must be pretty good. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:10 pm I’d never heard of Johnson before a week+ ago. Considering how much he’s been demonized by the left, he must be pretty good. :nod:
Oh I’m quite certain you’ll like him.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:59 am

First I'd like to hear a first hand account that might prove he was more than a recycled myth. And why must it be this fictional person when all the so-called christian values had already been around for millennia.
I'm glad you brought this up, not that I have some Earth shattering news, but a question. When you refer to Christianity as the recycled sun god story, i get the resurrection part, but does the sun god version offer salvation as well? Totally copied?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:05 am

I haven’t read the Bible all the way through. But I was baptized, confirmed, and went to sermons. Isn’t that enough?

Question. Is it better to have not read the Bible, or claimed Jesus as my savior, and be a good person than to have read or to have done the first two but be lacking in the third?
Well sure it is, everyone knows that. But does it pertain to your salvation? No. No one can earn their way there and no matter how hard you work, it doesn't make you "more" saved.

That was the driver of my reading the Bible question.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:59 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:59 am

I'm glad you brought this up, not that I have some Earth shattering news, but a question. When you refer to Christianity as the recycled sun god story, i get the resurrection part, but does the sun god version offer salvation as well? Totally copied?
Salvation from what? Thats where it starts getting weird - see the quote from Hwy 61 Revisited above.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:02 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:05 am

Well sure it is, everyone knows that. But does it pertain to your salvation? No. No one can earn their way there and no matter how hard you work, it doesn't make you "more" saved.

That was the driver of my reading the Bible question.
So accepting Jesus as your savior is > being a good person when it comes to salvation?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:55 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:10 pm I’d never heard of Johnson before a week+ ago. Considering how much he’s been demonized by the left, he must be pretty good. :nod:
What’s not to like?

It sounds like he’s living paycheck to paycheck… something millions of Americans can relate to. And why does his Christianity offend leftist so much? I’ve never had anyone pull me into a Church…. Well maybe my mother but that’s it
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:18 am

What’s not to like?

It sounds like he’s living paycheck to paycheck… something millions of Americans can relate to. And why does his Christianity offend leftist so much? I’ve never had anyone pull me into a Church…. Well maybe my mother but that’s it
You should go read up on his own words. Check out a few video clips of what he has to say.

Then report back.

:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

What’s not to like?

It sounds like he’s living paycheck to paycheck… something millions of Americans can relate to.
And why does his Christianity offend leftist so much? I’ve never had anyone pull me into a Church…. Well maybe my mother but that’s it

His religion isn't the issue, wanting his ancient goat-herder religion to be the official religion of the nation is the issue.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:38 am

What’s not to like?

It sounds like he’s living paycheck to paycheck… something millions of Americans can relate to.
And why does his Christianity offend leftist so much? I’ve never had anyone pull me into a Church…. Well maybe my mother but that’s it

His religion isn't the issue, wanting his ancient goat-herder religion to be the official religion of the nation is the issue.

You could just ignore the official religion of the nation, just like I ignore and don’t complain about Pride month and other such nonsense …
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:29 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:38 am
You could just ignore the official religion of the nation, just like I ignore and don’t complain about Pride month and other such nonsense …
Puerto Rico is a separate nation with an official religion?

The USA has no official religion. The Founders were very specific in making sure that it didn't. If you don't like that and want an official religion then amend the 1A or ...