travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

BREAKING: ACORN-Obama Connection Document Reappears

Post by travelinman67 »

Ooops!

So, Obama had no connection to ACORN, huh? http://www.fightthesmears.com/articles/20/acornrumor
Barack Obama Never Organized with ACORN

Discredited Republican voter-suppression guru Ken Blackwell is attacking Barack Obama with naked lies about his supposed connection to ACORN.

• Fact: Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.
• Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.
• Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

In his capacity as an attorney, Barack represented ACORN in a successful lawsuit alongside the U.S. Department of Justice against the state of Illinois to force state compliance with a federal voting access law.
And the uncovered document...directly from Chicago's ACORN Chapter...(you may have difficulty downloading the .pdf...the host website's been flooded most of the day. For information on WHY the document is no just being released, see link to CF's website and their comment on the document's status.):

http://www.capitalresearch.org/blog/wp- ... mpaign.pdf

Case Study: Chicago-The Barack Obama Campaign

By Toni Folkes
"ACORN'S history of nonpartisan electoral work (voter registration and
voter turnout) and leadership development combined during the March, 2004
primary season to make a big differetice in the level of participation of our communities
in that important election.

ACORN is active in experimenting with methods of increasing voter patiicipation
in our low and moderate income communities in virtually every election. But in
some elections we get to have our cake and eat it too: work on nonpartisan voter
registration and GOTV. which also turns out to benefit the candidate that we hold
dear...

...Obama started building the base years before. For instance. ACORN noticed
him when he was organizing on the far south side of the city with the
Developing Communities Project. He was a very good organizer. When he
returned from law school, we asked him to help us with a lawsuit to challenge the
state of Illinois' refusal to abide by the National Voting Rights Act, also known
as motor voter. Allied only with the state of Mississippi, Illinois had been refusing to allow mass-based voter registration according to the new law. Obama took the case, known as ACORN vs. Edgar
(the name of ihe Republican governor at the time) and we won. Obama then went
on to run a voter registration project with Project VOTE in 1992 that made it possible
for Carol Moseley Braun to win the Senate that year. Project VOTE delivered
50,000 newly registered voters in that campaign (ACORN delivered about
5000 ot them). Since then, we have invited Obama to our leadership training sessions
to run the session on power every year, and, as a result, many of our newly developing
leaders got to know him belore be ever ran tor office. Thus. it was natural for
many of us to be active volunteers in his first campaign tor State Senate and then
his failed bid Tor U.S. Congress in 1996.

By the time he ran for U.S. Senate, we were old friends.
And along about early March, we started to see that the African- American
community had made its move: when Sen. Obama's name was mentioned at our
Southside Summit meeting with 700 people in attendance from three southside
communities, the crowd went crazy. With about a week to go before the election,
it was very clear how the African-American community would vote. But would they
vote in high enough numbers?

It seemed to us that what Obama needed in the March primary was what we
always work lo deliver anyway: increased turnout in our ACORN communities.
ACORN is active on the south and west sides of Chicago, in the south
suburbs and on the east side of Springtleld. the state capital. Most of the
turf where we organize in is African-American, with a growing Latino presence
in Chicago's Little Village and the suburbs...

...As it turned out. Obama won the primary handily, pulling white wards as well as
African American. But no one knew that that would be the case. In each election
we must act as if our work is critical for our communities. That is what we did in
the primary, and we learned something in the process. +
"

Toni Foulkes is a Chicago ACORN leader and a member of ACORN's National
Association Board.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5645
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Re: BREAKING: ACORN-Obama Connection Document Reappears

Post by Appaholic »

Who cares......He lied....sounds like a worthy successor to the current administration and all previous administrations......why does this surprise anyone?
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

Appaholic wrote:Who cares......He lied....sounds like a worthy successor to the current administration and all previous administrations......why does this surprise anyone?
ACORN is a crime syndicate, and Obama and the lowlife snakes who slink around the DNC's sewers are it's handlers.

I'll bet you a plane ticket to Missoula that if Obama wins, ACORN will become the principal focus of post election litigation. The scope of their fraud is unequaled in magnitude, and could ultimately wind up creating the first mid-term reversal of Presidential election results...a situation that wouldn't be beneficial to anyone. (...and please spare me the "Gore was robbed...he won the popular vote" whine...)

Why should anyone care?

If you think that Cinton's two terms were buried in counter productive name calling, investigations, accusations and litigation, those 8 years will look like a church retreat compared to an Obama administration.
It will be 8 more wasted years while the U.S. falls farther behind in our pursuit of energy independence and rebuilding our economy.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

Oh yeah...

food for thought, but most of this is old...there are multiple investigations occurring simultaneously (I suspect the FBI is consciously allowing the multiple agency activity so as to save some of the initial footwork)...and it may take a year or longer to compile everything, but you'll find a coordinated national intent to affect election outcome.

Why is that a problem?

ACORN is a GOTV, non-partisan non-profit that nationally has received hundreds of millions in government funding. The mere fact they target low-moderate income voters is in itself, a biased activity, but targeting specific elections and candidates with an agenda of getting specific liberal extremists elected will call into question every dollar they've received and every political relationship they've developed, specifically Obama's, who is already connected to funneling money to ACORN...

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/08/15 ... c-filings/
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

*yawn*
Go Black Bears!
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

mainejeff wrote:*yawn*
...hard time waking up today, huh? Here. It's your favorite.

...now that you're awake, care to rebut the thread assertion?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

The donk double standard rears it's ugly head again. If this were an organization helping Reps get elected there'd be anarchy in the streets from donks spun up about this. It's their candidate now though, so who cares, right mj? :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:

The donk double standard rears it's ugly head again. If this were an organization helping Reps get elected there'd be anarchy in the streets from donks spun up about this. It's their candidate now though, so who cares, right mj? :roll: :roll: :roll:

What do you mean? Republicans used Diebold and the SCOTUS to steal elections.

ACORN is just registering people to vote. And THEY were the ones the pointed out the fraudulent registrations, which in many states they are required to turn in EVERY one...

more Republican scare tactics that fortunately, we are too smart to fall for. The only ones dumb enough are the Republican sheeple.
:thumb:
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Where was this outrage in 2000? Diebold in 2004? Sorry, not a double standard for me......they are all crooked, yet we vote those party's in....if you support either of the Big 2, you are complicit in election violations.....election violations from either side should be condemned by all, but if you overlook it when your guy benefits, don't feign outrage when it is used against you......

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
What do you mean? The Republicans followed the law in 2000 and the Dem's were just sore losers.

ACORN is just manufacturing names and intimidating people to vote for Obama. And THEY were the ones that generated the fraudulent registrations, which in many states, has been documented and the local chapter officials have been indicted and criminally prosecuted...

more Conk prophecy, that unfortunately, we are too stubborn to listen to. The only ones smart enough, will be those who wise up to Obama's "Daley Machine" style of thug, bribe, and intimidation brand of Chicago politics.
Accuracy, Jon, accuracy.

And here's how that misbehavior is stopped. As I mentioned last week, ACORN's criminal conduct satisfies the the RICO statute, ergo, until the Justice Department drops the criminal hammer, every American whose vote is subverted by Obama's gang of criminals, can file their own suit under the RICO statute. And here's the first re: the Ohio fiasco...

http://www.buckeyeinstitute.org/acorn.pdf

...paragraphs 30 through 70 beginning on page 4 are my favorites... :mrgreen:

...I thought you'd like paragraphs 38 & 39, Jon... :o

Like I said, folks, if you think the Clinton administration was smothered in investigations and prosecutions for criminal misconduct, that'll be a tea-party compared to Obama's.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

travelinman67 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Like I said, folks, if you think the Clinton administration was smothered in investigations and prosecutions for criminal misconduct, that'll be a tea-party compared to Obama's.
More sore loser talk. :roll: Must have been checking out the electoral vote projections. :D

The Clinton administration were jaywalkers compared to the treasonous scumsuckers and criminal incompetents serving the Worst Preseident Ever. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

houndawg wrote:
travelinman67 wrote:
More sore loser talk. :roll: Must have been checking out the electoral vote projections. :D

The Clinton administration were jaywalkers compared to the treasonous scumsuckers and criminal incompetents serving the Worst Preseident Ever. :lol:
Jimmy Carter or James Buchanan?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

houndawg wrote:
The Clinton administration were jaywalkers compared to the treasonous scumsuckers and criminal incompetents serving the Worst Preseident Ever.
I agree, and he left us the daily reminders that is called the US Department of Education, 18+% prime interest rate and a going away present of the Panama Canal.

Be careful of what it is that you're asking for in Obama, you just might get it.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

houndawg wrote:
travelinman67 wrote:

All the emoticons in the world won't erase the facts: Obama is employing and associating with criminals who are intent on stealing this election at all costs.

Need more proof, just look at Comrades' ******* philosophical, undemocratic attitude/remarks over at the other site, "We're not going to let it happen again."

Say what? Let "what" happen again? People, precinct captains, voter registrars, Secretary's of State, and courts abiding by the law? The Dems lost the last two elections because they put forward bigger dumbies than the Republicans, and weren't wise enough to figure out how to strategically campaign to maximize their electoral college numbers. Period.

Ahem! The U.S. is still a democracy...for a few more months anyway. God save America in the event we end up with a Pelosi, Reid, Obama government. American's last hope will be the courts.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

travelinman67 wrote:
houndawg wrote: More sore loser talk. :roll: Must have been checking out the electoral vote projections. :D

All the emoticons in the world won't erase the facts: Obama is employing and associating with criminals who are intent on stealing this election at all costs.

Need more proof, just look at Comrades' ******* philosophical, undemocratic attitude/remarks over at the other site, "We're not going to let it happen again."

Say what? Let "what" happen again? People, precinct captains, voter registrars, Secretary's of State, and courts abiding by the law? The Dems lost the last two elections because they put forward bigger dumbies than the Republicans, and weren't wise enough to figure out how to strategically campaign to maximize their electoral college numbers. Period.

Ahem! The U.S. is still a democracy...for a few more months anyway. God save America in the event we end up with a Pelosi, Reid, Obama government. American's last hope will be the courts.

I guess your crowd cried wolf one too many times, because nobody gives a fiddler's fart about this penny-ante ACORN crap; why would they after eight years of real treason and colossal criminal incompetence by the Worst President Ever? Obama is kicking the living shit out of McCain because the Republicans are finding out that you really can't fool all the people all the time. The people have had enough and sent Obama $150,000,000 in small bills to prove it. Time for the republicans to retire and count their stolen money while the adults try to clean up their mess.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

Look who's voting for Obama....

"O'jahnae Smith"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10122008/ne ... 133207.htm
O'jahnae Smith is ready and registered to vote this November.

There's only one problem: She's 7 years old.

The Connecticut girl is 11 years too young - and nobody in her family knows how she ended up on a voter registration form submitted by ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

"She's registered to vote?" said a surprised Jerome Smith, O'jahnae's teenage brother. "She's too young to vote."

But that didn't stop someone from forging the child's signature on a voter registration card and giving her a fake birth date that upped her age to 27. The family told The Post a drug-addicted relative may have given the bogus card to ACORN.

ACORN volunteers have been found to register dead people and even put members of the Dallas Cowboys on Nevada lists.

The community organizing group has a long history of flooding low- and middle-income neighborhoods in election years with temporary workers instructed to register 20 to 25 voters per day - or risk getting fired.

Most states prohibit paying per signature, but ACORN workers earning $8 to $9 an hour still have to hit their quotas. And many need the money - including some ex-cons in work-release programs.
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

McCain's done....the Republicans could have won, but your candidate whored himself out to the same core base that believes the country is heading in the right direction......McFailin team has become a punch line....enjoy the next 4 years....

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Appaholic wrote:McCain's done....the Republicans could have won, but your candidate whored himself out to the same core base that believes the country is heading in the right direction......McFailin team has become a punch line....enjoy the next 4 years....
The feeble old retread just couldn't grasp that times have changed and went with the standard Republican smear campaign, shredding what little remained of his credibility.....but you got to give him points when it comes to consistency of poor judgement.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

houndawg wrote:
Appaholic wrote:McCain's done....the Republicans could have won, but your candidate whored himself out to the same core base that believes the country is heading in the right direction......McFailin team has become a punch line....enjoy the next 4 years....
The feeble old retread just couldn't grasp that times have changed and went with the standard Republican smear campaign, shredding what little remained of his credibility.....but you got to give him points when it comes to consistency of poor judgement.
Appaheadache, Hamasdawg...you two just don't get it. There's TONS of evidence showing conspiracy at the national level in ACORN. The press can try to ignore it all they want, but you better be prepared. Several civil suits have already been filed alleging RICO violations, and moreso, attempts to revoke voting privileges for every ACORN registered voter pending verification (Washington State has already done that as a result of the extensive ACORN fraud that was uncovered there in the last election.).

So what?

If the number of illegitimate ballots submitted by ACORN registered voters turns out to exceed the MOV, the results could be thrown out and another election held...something Mob Bosses Pelosi and Reid could not stop. As I've said many times, that wouldn't benefit anyone but our country's adversaries.

How bad do the Dems want to win this election? Bad enough to throw America under the bus?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

travelinman67 wrote:
houndawg wrote: The feeble old retread just couldn't grasp that times have changed and went with the standard Republican smear campaign, shredding what little remained of his credibility.....but you got to give him points when it comes to consistency of poor judgement.
Appaheadache, Hamasdawg...you two just don't get it. There's TONS of evidence showing conspiracy at the national level in ACORN. The press can try to ignore it all they want, but you better be prepared. Several civil suits have already been filed alleging RICO violations, and moreso, attempts to revoke voting privileges for every ACORN registered voter pending verification (Washington State has already done that as a result of the extensive ACORN fraud that was uncovered there in the last election.).

So what?

If the number of illegitimate ballots submitted by ACORN registered voters turns out to exceed the MOV, the results could be thrown out and another election held...something Mob Bosses Pelosi and Reid could not stop. As I've said many times, that wouldn't benefit anyone but our country's adversaries.

How bad do the Dems want to win this election? Bad enough to throw America under the bus?
Get over yourself. If you've ever voted you know that anybody newly registered has to show an ID at the poll for their first vote. :roll:
Isn't it funny how one party is all about getting out the vote and one party is all about suppressing the vote? There's your real crime, homey.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

houndawg wrote: Get over yourself. If you've ever voted you know that anybody newly registered has to show an ID at the poll for their first vote. :roll:

Isn't it funny how one party is all about getting out the vote and one party is all about suppressing the vote? There's your real crime, homey.
Negative. And Negative.

Most states only request a photo I.D. if the voter registered via mail or did not produce I.D. photo or non-photo at the time they registered. Of those states, 22 allow the voter to cast a fully provisional ballot REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE VOTER BRINGS THEIR I.D. TO THE POLLING PLACE.

I've written about this before, that some county's in CA DO NOT ALLOW THE POLL WORKERS TO REQUEST I.D. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I can personally attest to this as for the last 3 major elections, I have attempted to show my I.D. to the poll workers prior to providing my name, and in one location, before I even had reached the poll worker table, one of them saw I had pulled my I.D. out and YELLED AT ME to put it away. How did she know I was not a first time registree? She didn't of course, as they're under instruction to to check anyone's I.D.

re: Suppressing the vote? The get out the vote project focuses on low income, poverty stricken communities. Anyone here ever see ACORN workers walking Beverly Hills? Orange County ? (Well, maybe around Disney land where the amusement park illegal aliens hang out). Buckhead? Georgetown? East Dallas? Or maybe Idaho, Utah, or Brentwood, TN? :lol:

Of course not. ACORN's purpose is to register as many low-income, poverty stricken, uneducated, or minority/illegal aliens as possible...which happens to demographically favor the Democrats...

No sh!t, Sherlock.

And what's amazing, is that the Dem's denial has internalized creating a hollow echo of ignorance. You life in a nutshell...by your own dishonest device.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

travelinman67 wrote:
houndawg wrote: Get over yourself. If you've ever voted you know that anybody newly registered has to show an ID at the poll for their first vote. :roll:

Negative. And Negative.

Most states only request a photo I.D. if the voter registered via mail or did not produce I.D. photo or non-photo at the time they registered. Of those states, 22 allow the voter to cast a fully provisional ballot REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE VOTER BRINGS THEIR I.D. TO THE POLLING PLACE.

I've written about this before, that some county's in CA DO NOT ALLOW THE POLL WORKERS TO REQUEST I.D. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I can personally attest to this as for the last 3 major elections, I have attempted to show my I.D. to the poll workers prior to providing my name, and in one location, before I even had reached the poll worker table, one of them saw I had pulled my I.D. out and YELLED AT ME to put it away. How did she know I was not a first time registree? She didn't of course, as they're under instruction to to check anyone's I.D.

re: Suppressing the vote? The get out the vote project focuses on low income, poverty stricken communities. Anyone here ever see ACORN workers walking Beverly Hills? Orange County ? (Well, maybe around Disney land where the amusement park illegal aliens hang out). Buckhead? Georgetown? East Dallas? Or maybe Idaho, Utah, or Brentwood, TN? :lol:

Of course not. ACORN's purpose is to register as many low-income, poverty stricken, uneducated, or minority/illegal aliens as possible...which happens to demographically favor the Democrats...

No sh!t, Sherlock.

And what's amazing, is that the Dem's denial has internalized creating a hollow echo of ignorance. You life in a nutshell...by your own dishonest device.
Yeah, that's kind of the point, like inhaling.