30%

Total votes: 33

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by SuperHornet »

I watched Adam-12 and the Oklahoma-Texas game instead....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:06 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:30 pm They may not have actually oversold this. Full frontal assault on Trump. I’m honestly surprised.
You’re surprised that they’re doing this solely in an attempt to prevent Trump from running again?
I think they want more than just him not running. :coffee:

And watching his own AG drop him like the last sandbag in the balloon can't be sitting well with him. When your biggest toady, who wrote a masterpiece of obsequious groveling begging for the gig, turns on you like that.... :ohno:
Last edited by houndawg on Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:12 pm I watched Adam-12 and the Oklahoma-Texas game instead....
I wouldn't want to watch Liz CHeney kick ass like she did either if my wagon was hitched to that crowd. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:34 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:23 pm
If it had been a democrat, you’d be waiting in the gallery to watch the hearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are the prime time hearings on the 2020 summer of riots, looting, burning and the destruction of personal property?
I guess nobody cares. You should have seen the hearing, Liz Cheney just kicked the shit out of your case. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:31 pm
dbackjon wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:54 pm Anyone that is downplaying, dismissing, etc the attempted COUP against the United States Government - a coup planned and orchestrated by Trump and his minions can go fuck themselves.

Please move out of the country because you are NOT Patriots - you are FUCKING TRAITORS who are seeking to destroy American Democracy.

Pull your head out of your blind partisan asses and realize the ACTUAL damage that Trump and his band of criminals attempted to do to the electoral process.
Ballot harvesting deniers and Russian collusion believers INSISTING 1/6 was an organized coup attempt are fucking hilarious.

Yeah, six unarmed people came together by chance and decided to try and take down the government, with the assistance of the capitol police. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:10 pm

Pelosi only denied Jordan and Banks. She was prepared to appoint Armstrong, Davis, and Nehls. Jordan and Banks were potential witnesses and shouldn't have been considered.

Plus Jordan is a groomer. If party leadership had any scruples he'd be removed from any positions of influence and then primaried.
Why does Pelosi get to deny anyone? You either take all or none.

Need I point out Raskin wanted with hold votes in past elections and Schiff has been busted abusing his Intel committee connections multiple times, so as long as we are scrutinizing politicians, let's level this field.

If Pelosi offered to keep it fair, it would matter, but she didn't and has proven this is another partisan bullshit attempt. If it was so egregious, why haven't we seen the 1400 hours of coverage and learned who were FBI informants. This smells like Whitmer and we saw how that turned out.

I don't doubt Republicans pull the same shit, but we are talking about Dems here.
:coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:43 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:37 am More popcorn…

Is that the same Rick Wilson from the fake conk pedo group the Lincoln Project?
Yes. I find it hilarious that leftist shills like klammy are tweet quoting him. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:15 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:04 pm
Wrong- those topics are greatly effecting most Americans in. negative way in their everyday lives. Jan 6 isn’t.
Whether January 6 was and is just as newsworthy as those other events is an opinion and as such neither mine nor yours is right or wrong despite what you might hear in ultra-MAGAt echo chambers.

Maybe you can tell me why Trumpanzees want January 6 and related investigations to disappear from the headlines. A belief that they aren't newsworthy isn't enough to explain their passionate opposition.
Recently polling shows that anyone outside of the Beltway doesn't really give a fuck about 1/6 given the way things are trending economically. These hearings are a newsworthy event, but one that won't draw much ratings.

BTW, can anyone fill us in on the number of insurrection convictions from 1/6 there have been?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:47 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:31 pm
So you think 1/6 is AS newsworthy to MOST AMERICANS as the current record high gas prices, record high inflation, supply shortages, record crime, record illegal immigration? :suspicious:
I think it's extremely important to the future of this country that we try to get to the bottom of what happened that day and why. And I think it's fair to ask what any one who opposes that line of inquiry is trying to hide.
:nod: Release the security footage in full so we can know who opened those magnetic locks on the doors.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:40 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:43 pm
Is that the same Rick Wilson from the fake conk pedo group the Lincoln Project?
Yes. I find it hilarious that leftist shills like klammy are tweet quoting him. :lol:
somebody is so mad she could just stamp her little foot... :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:48 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:40 pm

Why are you still here? I thought you were gearing up and heading to the front to show those Russians who's boss. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:50 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:48 pm

Why are you still here? I thought you were gearing up and heading to the front to show those Russians who's boss. :lol:
I was....but it looks like they don't need me... :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:07 pm Image

:rofl:

You'll be here every day not caring your ass off :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:11 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:07 pm Image

Oh I'll be shitposting, but I sure as fuck ain't wasting my time on watching the live feed.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:12 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:11 pm

Oh I'll be shitposting, but I sure as fuck ain't wasting my time on watching the live feed.
You're missing out on some good fun. I mean, a Brit film crew, here to do a story on how Americans are so divided when they're so much the same walks up and embeds with the Oathkeepers and films a meeting between their leader the leader of teh Proud Boys! Who knew that shit existed? What else do they have? :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:20 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:12 pm

You're missing out on some good fun. I mean, a Brit film crew, here to do a story on how Americans are so divided when they're so much the same walks up and embeds with the Oathkeepers and films a meeting between their leader the leader of teh Proud Boys! Who knew that shit existed? What else do they have? :rofl:
14k hours of security footage?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:20 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:20 pm

The whole hearing was over in 90 minutes, but there could be that much I suppose. Most of what they showed was riot action and pretty intense, I almost felt sorry for the Capitol cops even though I thought one of the highlights was cops on both sides, beating the fuck out each other.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:29 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:20 pm

The whole hearing was over in 90 minutes, but there could be that much I suppose. Most of what they showed was riot action and pretty intense, I almost felt sorry for the Capitol cops even though I thought one of the highlights was cops on both sides, beating the fuck out each other.
So stuff that was all over the news immediately after the riot. Sounds riveting.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:06 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:30 pm They may not have actually oversold this. Full frontal assault on Trump. I’m honestly surprised.
You’re surprised that they’re doing this solely in an attempt to prevent Trump from running again?
No.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:34 pm
Where are the prime time hearings on the 2020 summer of riots, looting, burning and the destruction of personal property?
I guess nobody cares. You should have seen the hearing, Liz Cheney just kicked the shit out of your case. :thumb:
Cheyney couldn’t kick the shit out of a anything. :lol: Proof she’s a fraud.

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:23 pm If it had been a democrat, you’d be waiting in the gallery to watch the hearings.

Did those try to stop an election from being ratified? Those weren’t attacks against the government. They aren’t the same thing.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:15 pm Whether January 6 was and is just as newsworthy as those other events is an opinion and as such neither mine nor yours is right or wrong despite what you might hear in ultra-MAGAt echo chambers.

Maybe you can tell me why Trumpanzees want January 6 and related investigations to disappear from the headlines. A belief that they aren't newsworthy isn't enough to explain their passionate opposition.
Wrong. Irregardless of what you or I think, what is most newsworthy is what the majority of the publoc thinks is most newsworthy. Amd those other items dwarf 1/6 in that regard.
Your partisan slant aside, why wouldn’t you want to fully understand what happened on 1/6/21?

You don’t because you’re associated with that group and their goals.

And if you’re so concerned about the looting and such during the summer of 2020, ask yourself why Congress and the Trump administration didn’t do more to go after them? You’re choosing them to be worst than a physical attack on our election process, therefore suggesting they are the more worse of the two. Both are terrible events - no need to make excuses for either side.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:10 pm With what?

IMO, January 6 was much more than a "dust-up" and the AnTiFa riots were far from "mostly peaceful protests".

Bottom line, I believe that Jack Del Rio was far from "100% correct".
One lasted about six hours, many were let in by capitol police and wandered around taking pictures; the only death was a protestor, and there was very little damage or vandalism (a laptop, a window and a podium, essentially). The other has gone on unchecked for about 3 years in various cities, caused tens of billions of dollars in damage, 25+ people dead, thousands of businesses and lives destroyed and disrupted.

They are nothing like each other.
The facts of the planning make it seem more than just a field trip gone bad, AZ. We all saw the misinformation campaign. We all watched people chant to kill Pence, we all saw a mob get out of countrol and comity crimes.

Oh, and let’s not forget the MAGA chants to execute the VP. that’s a threat and shouldn’t be treated lightly.

It’s truly appalling to see people look at what occurred and think nothing of it. It really shows you how divided we are and so many just don’t care as long as they can deflect blame and score cheap points.

bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

It's amazing that folks who spent 12 years in school learning the scientific method, then spent their own money to go to a college that taught them critical and independent thinking are refusing to accept new information that could allow them a better understanding of a topic. Some would rather dig in their heels and cling to tribalism. Just watch it, it can't hurt.

If you want to keep pointing to unrelated riots from the summer of 2020, go post about in the threads dedicated to them. It literally does nothing to further your point in this thread.