Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:13 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:28 am

Short of the Government taking over the oil industry, I'm not sure what more the Gov't can do. Companies are making the business decision to drill more/less. Are you saying you want more government? They're already rewarding more leases and permits. Last month the administration said it'll allow more drilling on federal lands. It won't happen overnight, though. It sucks but we have to be patient.

The problem isn't just supply (which most people critical of prices seem to only care about or think about.) Demand is equally important in pricing and high right now with RTO, supply chains re-opening and moving, the US is heading into spring break and summer vacation months, etc...
I'd be willing to be that labor shortages in the oil industry are also a contributing factor. About 15k people left the oil industry in 2020...in an industry that saw it's highest levels of employment under Obama, and then it fall greatly and level out under Trump.

Look at the price of lumber, supply is returning to it's pre-pandemic levels (but with labor shortages there are problems getting it back up) and demand remains high which equals to high prices. Home construction took a huge hit and with many people not wanting to pay an extra $18,000 (on average) for a home, many have put off home building.

Perhaps things wouldn't be so bad if our government and leaders had taken the pandemic and shut down seriously and made it possible for us to return to normal quicker. Or not shut down at all...or mot shut down critical infrastructure. There are a lot of "what ifs" in hindsight. Lot of what ifs and everyone in power since 2020 has a role in this mess.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy ... 022-03-14/
Could start by Biden’s string pullers not having:
-Made all the anti development/getting rid of oil statements during the campaign, which industry did react to.
-Shut down Keystone.
-Shut down ANWR exploration.
-Restored the ‘social cost of carbon’ estimate to about $51 per ton of carbon dioxide emissions after the Trump administration had reduced the figure to about $7 or less per ton, which did cause a delay on leases.
+ whatever else I am forgetting they did in 2021..

Could also eliminate the gas tax for 6 months.
The policy statements certainly make people uneasy and I don't disagree. They're as stupid as saying you can keep your doctor if you like him or Mexico will pay for a wall. :thumb: Shutting down Keystone XL development didn't reduce any supply - that was the investment in foreign oil delivery.

I'm with you on eliminating the gas tax, an $.18 - $.24/gallon reprieve would add up...ESPECIALLY for truckers. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:31 am Image
Short of the Government taking over the oil industry, I'm not sure what more the Gov't can do. Companies are making the business decision to drill more/less. Are you saying you want more government? They're already rewarding more leases and permits. Last month the administration said it'll allow more drilling on federal lands. It won't happen overnight, though. It sucks but we have to be patient.

The problem isn't just supply (which most people critical of prices seem to only care about or think about.) Demand is equally important in pricing and high right now with RTO, supply chains re-opening and moving, the US is heading into spring break and summer vacation months, etc...
I'd be willing to be that labor shortages in the oil industry are also a contributing factor. About 15k people left the oil industry in 2020...in an industry that saw it's highest levels of employment under Obama, and then it fall greatly and level out under Trump.

Look at the price of lumber, supply is returning to it's pre-pandemic levels (but with labor shortages there are problems getting it back up) and demand remains high which equals to high prices. Home construction took a huge hit and with many people not wanting to pay an extra $18,000 (on average) for a home, many have put off home building.

Perhaps things wouldn't be so bad if our government and leaders had taken the pandemic and shut down seriously and made it possible for us to return to normal quicker. Or not shut down at all...or mot shut down critical infrastructure. There are a lot of "what ifs" in hindsight. Lot of what ifs and everyone in power since 2020 has a role in this mess.

Oil output in the Permian in Texas and New Mexico, the biggest U.S. shale oil basin, is due to rise 70,000 barrels per day (bpd) to a record 5.208 million bpd in April, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) said in its productivity report on Monday.

Total output in the major U.S. shale oil basins will rise 117,000 bpd to 8.708 million bpd in April, the most since March 2020, EIA projected.
Normally higher prices would lead to suppliers supplying more, but who can really blame oil producers from not sinking investments into what they would need to deliver the oil to the market when they know that it could all be pulled out from underneath them at a political whim? Heck, Dems in Congress, and even the President, are talking about price controls and windfall profits. Why go through all that work and investment if you're just going to be vilified for it and your profits confiscated? Best to just sit back and let this ride out.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:56 pm

Normally higher prices would lead to suppliers supplying more, but who can really blame oil producers from not sinking investments into what they would need to deliver the oil to the market when they know that it could all be pulled out from underneath them at a political whim? Heck, Dems in Congress, and even the President, are talking about price controls and windfall profits. Why go through all that work and investment if you're just going to be vilified for it and your profits confiscated? Best to just sit back and let this ride out.
That's understandable but it goes back to the industry choosing to not produce/invest. It's the cost we pay in a free market.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:06 pm
That's understandable but it goes back to the industry choosing to not produce/invest. It's the cost we pay in a free market.
Government statements and actions impact investment. Biden and his administration have disincentivized investment in fossil fuels and they deserve criticism for how that impacts the country.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Because of Biden admin rhetoric and actions. That is the root cause.

And even after Russia invaded, the Biden admin rhetoric hasn’t changed that much (still pushing ‘transition away from oil, green energy, go buy an electric vehicle peasant), nor have their actuons.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Pwns wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:08 pm Image
The progtards are big mad at Musk's moves on Twitter. :lol:

He's on one of their Boards now, should be interesting to watch. :popcorn:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:09 pm
Government statements and actions impact investment. Biden and his administration have disincentivized investment in fossil fuels and they deserve criticism for how that impacts the country.
I totally understand and agree. I really believe that, especially after his first day in office. But by the time summer 2021 came about, with his EOs being overturned and more and more leases/permits being issued, from an outside perspective, it appears that the policy talk was just that. I'm not excusing that policy talk in any way - merely suggesting that maybe there are other forces at play like the free market.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:51 pm Image
you've been BDKLinked!

https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... =9&t=52951
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:24 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:51 pm Image
you've been BDKLinked!

Wrong.
The other one was posted on the wrong thread. Heck it wasn’t even posted in the Politics forum. This is the correct Forum and thread for ‘Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc’.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:01 am
you've been BDKLinked!

Wrong.
The other one was posted on the wrong thread. Heck it wasn’t even posted in the Politics forum. This is the correct Forum and thread for ‘Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc’.
Oscars: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock is the wrong thread to post a meme about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock? You might want to see a psychiatrist about your OCD.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:11 am
Wrong.
Oscars: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock is the wrong thread to post a meme about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock? You might want to see a psychiatrist about your OCD.
So you’re saying there was nothing political about the slap? That if a white actor had done the same thing, no different? Ok.

And I don’t read most of the Locker Room threads..
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Let's say that the industry is choosing not to produce. There is only two ways alternative energy things will succeed.
1. Government regulation
2. Alt energy being less expensive than hydrocarbon energy.

So why would the industry purposely cause #2 to happen?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

you've been BDKLinked!

Wrong.
You're saying your post from April 6th predates the post from March (that's the essence of being BDKLinked)? :suspicious: :suspicious: It was in a thread about the very subject of Will Smith striking Rock. How is that the wrong thread? :suspicious:

You're so wrong about this, BDK. Give up.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:40 am
Wrong.
You're saying your post from April 6th predates the post from March (that's the essence of being BDKLinked)? :suspicious: :suspicious: It was in a thread about the very subject of Will Smith striking Rock. How is that the wrong thread? :suspicious:

If someonw posts a meme with any political connection in the ‘Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc’ thread, and the meme isn’t yet posted in the ‘Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc’ thread, they can’t be ‘BDKlinked’ or whatever you you said.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:18 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:11 am
So you’re saying there was nothing political about the slap? That if a white actor had done the same thing, no different? Ok.

No, there was nothing political about the slap itself. The politics came from the reactions to the slap.

I don't have a problem with you posting it here (even though if someone else had done it with a pro-liberal meme you would have nitpicked it to death) but your statement that the "other one was posted on the wrong thread" is wrong.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:01 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:40 am

If someonw posts a meme with any political connection in the ‘Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc’ thread, and the meme isn’t yet posted in the ‘Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc’ thread, they can’t be ‘BDKlinked’ or whatever you you said.
You're wrong. The slap was not political, it was personal. The meme was in a thread about the very topic is satirizing. Is this really the hill you want to die on? :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:14 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:18 am

No, there was nothing political about the slap itself. The politics came from the reactions to the slap.

I don't have a problem with you posting it here (even though if someone else had done it with a pro-liberal meme you would have nitpicked it to death) but your statement that the "other one was posted on the wrong thread" is wrong.
Exactly. And the Babylon Bee meme was totally about the political reaction.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:48 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:01 am
You're wrong. The slap was not political, it was personal. The meme was in a thread about the very topic is satirizing. Is this really the hill you want to die on? :lol:
No, I’m right. The slap wasn’t political, but much of the reaction too it was. The meme is a take on that political reaction to the slap. Take a look at the Babylon Bee meme. Its totally political.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »