CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: SCOTUS

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:23 am Lady Gaga is an expert on judicial nominations? Who knew?
:lol: Lindsey Graham is Lady G, Lady G is Lindsey Graham.
Lindsey has always been consistent on SCOTUS nominees - put forward someone qualified and he’ll vote to confirm them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:54 pm
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:04 pm
There is some truth to this except for one thing -

Everybody with a brain knew Kamala was an empty suit (to use JSO’s fallacious logic)

But there are a couple black women out there who are eminently qualified for the high court … and if Biden nominates one of them then the Harris analogy will not apply.
True. All Biden had to say during the 2020 campaign and last week was somethig along the lines of ‘am going to pick from among a diverse field of candidates, yada, yada, the end. Then picks one of those couple of well-qualified black female judges. Then there’s no arguement that it's an affirmative action/quota pick.

Instead, Biden makes his preemptive race/gender litmus test pledge during the campaign and last week. It unnecessarily undermines his nominee on the court, it further politicizes the court (I know its totally politicized anyway, but it causes more to look at it that way). Just dumb on Biden’s part (really his handlers). To be expected I guess from the king of identity politics.
We've had 5 years of Presidents saying stupid sh!t. Why is it a big deal now when you didn't mind it for the first four years?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:15 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:54 pm
True. All Biden had to say during the 2020 campaign and last week was somethig along the lines of ‘am going to pick from among a diverse field of candidates, yada, yada, the end. Then picks one of those couple of well-qualified black female judges. Then there’s no arguement that it's an affirmative action/quota pick.

Instead, Biden makes his preemptive race/gender litmus test pledge during the campaign and last week. It unnecessarily undermines his nominee on the court, it further politicizes the court (I know its totally politicized anyway, but it causes more to look at it that way). Just dumb on Biden’s part (really his handlers). To be expected I guess from the king of identity politics.
We've had 5 years of Presidents saying stupid sh!t. Why is it a big deal now when you didn't mind it for the first four years?
What if you DID mind it? But just not as much as some people? And what if you tolerated it only because the alternative (policy-wise) was worse?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:10 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:15 am
What if you DID mind it? But just not as much as some people? And what if you tolerated it only because the alternative (policy-wise) was worse?
I know you minded it but that was a response to BDK who defended and deflected for Trump as stupid shit came from his mouth and fingertips. Now he wants to make a big deal of Biden saying stupid shit?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:17 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:10 pm

I know you minded it but that was a response to BDK who defended and deflected for Trump as stupid shit came from his mouth and fingertips. Now he wants to make a big deal of Biden saying stupid shit?
Do you think your mission in life is to say “both sides do it”? Take a stand, FFS.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:29 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:17 pm

Do you think your mission in life is to say “both sides do it”? Take a stand, FFS.
It is his ecological niche.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:58 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:29 am
Does Ivy want me to evolve? Like the Constitution? :D

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:44 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:58 am

My thoughts are he wants you to quit acting like a woman and bringing up the same past over and over. Plus pick a point. ;)

Though I do not want to speak for Mr. Ivy.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:44 am

My thoughts are he wants you to quit acting like a woman and bringing up the same past over and over. Plus pick a point. ;)

Tough. I'll stop bringing up the same past when the people that defended Trump stop criticizing Biden for similar screwups and vice versa. That's my point and I'm sticking to it. :P

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:43 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:08 pm

Tough. I'll stop bringing up the same past when the people that defended Trump stop criticizing Biden for similar screwups and vice versa. That's my point and I'm sticking to it. :P
But what’s your end game? The two sides will always hate each other, and there’s no bridging that gap. Stop acting like a woman! :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:53 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:43 pm
But what’s your end game? The two sides will always hate each other, and there’s no bridging that gap. Stop acting like a woman! :lol:
Its my schtick so tough!

What's the end game of defending/deflecting for one bozo only to criticize another bozo for similar words/actions? What's your endgame? Why do you kvetch about me pointing out the hypocrisy but say nothing about the hypocrisy? The two sides may hate each other but they're also mirror images of each other.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:39 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:53 pm

Its my schtick so tough!

What's the end game of defending/deflecting for one bozo only to criticize another bozo for similar words/actions? What's your endgame? Why do you kvetch about me pointing out the hypocrisy but say nothing about the hypocrisy? The two sides may hate each other but they're also mirror images of each other.
Because the hypocrisy is obvious, and boring to recite time after time. It’s politics. What’s your own point of view? That’s what CS posters really want to know. And also whether you’re getting laid out there.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:34 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:39 pm
Its my schtick so tough!

Because the hypocrisy is obvious, and boring to recite time after time. It’s politics. What’s your own point of view? That’s what CS posters really want to know. And also whether you’re getting laid out there.
It's obvious to you and me. Do you think BDK and Jelly would admit to being mirror images of each other? I like to remind them of their partisan hypocrisy.

I've put out my point of view plenty of time in debates with Kalm, Trip, etc. I'm a fiscally conservative, socially liberal, small L libertarian.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:34 pm Because the hypocrisy is obvious, and boring to recite time after time. It’s politics. What’s your own point of view? That’s what CS posters really want to know. And also whether you’re getting laid out there.
It's obvious to you and me. Do you think BDK and Jelly would admit to being mirror images of each other? I like to remind them of their partisan hypocrisy.

I've put out my point of view plenty of time in debates with Kalm, Trip, etc. I'm a fiscally conservative, socially liberal, small L libertarian.
Well, I’m with you fellers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:05 pm

As you were! :thumb:

Although pressing BDK and Jelly to admit that strikes me as a Sisyphean task.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

You didn’t answer the question. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:33 pm

:tothehand:
And no need for the fancy pants SAT words. We all didn’t go to Haarvard..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:46 pm

Thin skin much? :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:46 pm

A lack of classical education is no reason to look down on certain phrases. :ohno:

Homer was required reading in HS and college for us and I personally have a copy of the Iliad and Odyssey in my library (I like the prose). Then again I also have a copy of the collected works of Tennyson and Blackstone. So I might not be a fair judge.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

What a great phrase. :clap: You could've said 'fools errand' but you went high class. I like it. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:05 pm small L libertarian.
Is there a difference between small L and small l?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am
I'm not sure size matters...at least that's what I've been told. :geek:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am
Both strive to advance the cause of liberty, Brother Hen!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Schumer to Thurgood Marshall: “You ain’t black”. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
Small l looks too much like a big i.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk