QF - #6 Montana @ #3 James Madison (Friday)

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: QF - #6 Montana @ #3 James Madison (Friday)

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:06 pm Hauck/Rosenbach not showing any confidence in Brown right now. They're keeping the running QB (Patterson) in with an 18-point deficit.
Patterson I was hoping that his time with the ESPN 11 would help him improve as a passer I hate the term RUNNING QB.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:04 pm Final 28-6.

See you next week NDSU!
Too bad this is not the national championship.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I missed this game while traveling, and I'm shocked that overall the Griz put up such little fight. The injuries probably said a lot about that.

Just looking at the stats, though, two guys who played a starring role for the Griz, as they have all season, are soon-to-be All-Pro LBer Patrick O'Connell and the outstanding punter Buschini. While the team had an otherwise outstanding season (this one game notwithstanding), Griz fans DEFINITELY have a right to be proud of those two, among others....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:12 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:06 pm Hauck/Rosenbach not showing any confidence in Brown right now. They're keeping the running QB (Patterson) in with an 18-point deficit.
Brown was aweful. it why we lost to Sac State.
The coaches give Brown the most remedial playbook. It's basically one of those kids' books with farm sounds. I hope for the love of god this staff can develop a QB room in the near future, and invest in that.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:15 pm -Congrats to Montana on a great season. Hauck will have y'all in Frisco if not next year, within the next couple of years.
-Sucks about losing your stud WR and Humphrey early. Without losing them I think it would have been more like 28-20, closer to my 26-20 prediction. This was how it felt for JMU fans in 2008. Landers was the best dual threat QB in the nation that year. A man among boys.
-The few JMU posters on the JMU board complaining about Montana being dirty are a bunch of douchebags. Its complete baloney.
-Turnovers were tied 2 to 2. Montana's came late, when the game was basically already over. JMU I think had a very uncharacteristic 2 lost fumbles. That probably kept JMU out of the 30s. JMU 'almost' had 2 more turnovers. The Johnson non fumble was correct- his arm was going forward, but it was close. The defensive pass interference on #21 Ford on #7 Wells was a BS call, but I'm not sure if Wells ever established possession either, so if it came to review, don't think would have been ruled a fumble. The correct call would have been non flag & incomplete pass. If JMU turns the ball over like that vs NDSU will lose.
-Attendance was listed at 14,690. Like I predicted, looked like 1/2 late arriving. If this game was at Wa-Griz would have been closer to 25k. At NDSU next week will be close to 19k. JMU not a state flagship. Very good playoff atmosphere compared to most, but clearly 3rd fiddle when it comes to playoff attendance.

FWIW the stats.
https://jmusports.com/boxscore.aspx?id= ... h=football
Great game by JMU. Yes, the injuries played a huge role, but that long TD on a simple slant pretty much set the done and established the early measuring stick between both rosters from the jump. Good luck against the Bi-Son.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:04 am

The coaches give Brown the most remedial playbook. It's basically one of those kids' books with farm sounds. I hope for the love of god this staff can develop a QB room in the near future, and invest in that.
Brown is a REDSHIRT FROSH give him time to develop but he has good size 6'4 220 what type of offense did the Griz run was it Run-Oriented or Pass Happy????In terms of size he is the biggest of all the QBs on the roster.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Agreed. Not knocking Brown, but it's been pointed out that he actually is in his third year of development. If not able to grasp the playbook by now, not sure he's capable.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dal4018 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:48 am

Brown is a REDSHIRT FROSH give him time to develop but he has good size 6'4 220 what type of offense did the Griz run was it Run-Oriented or Pass Happy????In terms of size he is the biggest of all the QBs on the roster.
Brown is a college junior. He’s been in the system for 3 years. SAME system….he doesn’t appear to be able to grasp the finer points of being a QB in Rosenbach’s system….nor does he appear able to develop the intangibles necessary to be a successful QB at this level. Griz need a different guy next year or we’re in deep trouble.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Hey…at least you guys still have the cats to root for.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:19 pm Hey…at least you guys still have the cats to root for.
Yep. I'll always root for Montana boys, then Big Sky, then the rest.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:03 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:19 pm Hey…at least you guys still have the cats to root for.
This is supposed to be a troll. Quiet you!

:ohno:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:18 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:03 pm

Oh. :-| I meant screw you!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:57 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Oh. :-| I meant screw you!
That’s better and how it’s supposed to work. Now that we’re back on track…

Too soon?
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

They have a lot of chode fans who were mysteriously absent the last few weeks coming out of the woodwork, but I still like their team. It's better for Montana and the Big Sky if they keep winning.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

uofmman1122 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:17 pm
They have a lot of chode fans who were mysteriously absent the last few weeks coming out of the woodwork, but I still like their team. It's better for Montana and the Big Sky if they keep winning.
:thumb:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:28 pm
uofmman1122 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:17 pm
:thumb:
Nah man, fuck that. I hope the Cats never win another game. :D
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:48 am
dal4018 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:48 am
Brown is a college junior. He’s been in the system for 3 years. SAME system….he doesn’t appear to be able to grasp the finer points of being a QB in Rosenbach’s system….nor does he appear able to develop the intangibles necessary to be a successful QB at this level. Griz need a different guy next year or we’re in deep trouble.
Tim Rosenbach from Washington St that pass happy school.