Change in VP front runner?

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Change in VP front runner?

Post by UNI88 »

Pwns wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 am A decided a while ago I can't get outraged at this if I eat meat. And I don't think anyone else should either. We can't say we can treat pigs and cows badly but not dogs.

I would point out too that some animals are just psychotic the exact same way that people can be. If a dog kills a chicken that's because it's a dog. But if it goes on a rampage like what Noem says then I would wonder about that dog. And I don't buy into this "it's not the breed, it's the owner" nonsense. If you own a pit bill or some of these mean dogs you are playing with fire.
We disagree. I eat meat and I love dogs. Dogs are more loyal and loving than people and deserve at least as much compassion as people.

The dog in question was a German Wirehaired Pointer. I don't have a lot of experience with that breed but they were bred to hunt not fight. Part of that hunting is retrieving game.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 am A decided a while ago I can't get outraged at this if I eat meat. And I don't think anyone else should either. We can't say we can treat pigs and cows badly but not dogs.

I would point out too that some animals are just psychotic the exact same way that people can be. If a dog kills a chicken that's because it's a dog. But if it goes on a rampage like what Noem says then I would wonder about that dog. And I don't buy into this "it's not the breed, it's the owner" nonsense. If you own a pit bill or some of these mean dogs you are playing with fire.
Valid point on meat…especially factory. I have friends who say a prayer of gratitude towards animals and fish they hunt and consume. That seems legit.

Noem’s dogs behavior is problematic but not unheard of or reversible. It clearly lacked training, got spun out having fun in the field, was not properly secured in the truck, and encountered for the first time a bunch of squawking chickens in a confined space.

While some dogs have faulty wiring (like the owner has in this instance) the vast majority can be retrained for hunting or retired and re-homed.

Breeds rarely play a roll. Our vet has a pit bull that’s a snuggler. Our old Rottweiler was sweet as pie.

The fact Noem puts this in her book as some strange display of leadership is creepy. As are her fans who condone her actions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

You're playing with fire with any dog you can't control. And if you aren't willing to put in the time you shouldn't have a dog, and basic training like don't jump up on people and don't chase the chickens doesn't take very much time at all.

14 months old is still a puppy and in this case one that never had a lick of training. She had plenty of options other than a bullet to the face. And in the goat's case this cunt couldn't even make a clean kill.
Last edited by houndawg on Wed May 01, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:49 pm

We disagree. I eat meat and I love dogs. Dogs are more loyal and loving than people and deserve at least as much compassion as people.

The dog in question was a German Wirehaired Pointer. I don't have a lot of experience with that breed but they were bred to hunt not fight. Part of that hunting is retrieving game.
:nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:20 am

Valid point on meat…especially factory. I have friends who say a prayer of gratitude towards animals and fish they hunt and consume. That seems legit.

Noem’s dogs behavior is problematic but not unheard of or reversible. It clearly lacked training, got spun out having fun in the field, was not properly secured in the truck, and encountered for the first time a bunch of squawking chickens in a confined space.

While some dogs have faulty wiring (like the owner has in this instance) the vast majority can be retrained for hunting or retired and re-homed.

Breeds rarely play a roll. Our vet has a pit bull that’s a snuggler. Our old Rottweiler was sweet as pie.

The fact Noem puts this in her book as some strange display of leadership is creepy. As are her fans who condone her actions.
:notworthy:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm

What I'm thinking too. I think Governor Cunt is running third now behind Stefanik and Kari Lake
If she shot her own dog, she shot her own political aspirations as well …. She’s done
Which leaves Rubio, Bergum, Vance, Scott, and Stefanik - outsiders every one... :rofl:

Stefanik is the obvious choice, second choice would be the next shortest guy, Vance or Rubio
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:59 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 pm

If she shot her own dog, she shot her own political aspirations as well …. She’s done
Which leaves Rubio, Bergum, Vance, Scott, and Stefanik - outsiders every one... :rofl:

Stefanik is the obvious choice, second choice would be the next shortest guy, Vance or Rubio
At least the new vice president won’t be dragging that mattress around everywhere she goes
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:05 am
houndawg wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:59 am

At least the new vice president won’t be dragging that mattress around everywhere she goes
...think he's grabbed her by the pussy yet?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:07 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:05 am

Joey only scratches and sniffs :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Opinion: Who will be dumb enough to become Donald Trump's vice president?
Also in contention for the VP slot, I assume, is a full-length mirror that tells Trump how handsome he is every time he gazes into it and a golden box that emits a recorded message – “You’re absolutely right, sir!” – whenever a button on top of it is pressed.
7 requirements to be Trump's vice president
  1. All candidates’ souls must have fully vacated their bodies, along with all dignity, morals and sense of self-worth.
  2. The ability to always agree with Trump is essential. If Trump says “2+2 = 5,” the candidates must be willing to accept that as fact and order the imprisonment of any and all math teachers who disagree.
  3. Logical consistency is not considered an asset, and the candidates must be ready and willing to loudly yell things that are transparently false and, often, make no sense whatsoever.
  4. An ideal candidate must be comfortable with potentially being hanged by an angry mob.
  5. Candidates who have not murdered dogs are preferred. (Sorry, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.)
  6. The candidates must be willing to listen to Donald Trump Jr.’s podcast and engage in at least one conversation per month with Eric Trump without laughing.
  7. And finally, all candidates must be not only willing but excited to have every ounce of their decency and credibility vaporized in service to a man who wouldn’t spit on them if they were on fire.
:rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:15 am
houndawg wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:07 am

Joey only scratches and sniffs :lol:
,,,is that a "yes".... :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:49 am Opinion: Who will be dumb enough to become Donald Trump's vice president?
Also in contention for the VP slot, I assume, is a full-length mirror that tells Trump how handsome he is every time he gazes into it and a golden box that emits a recorded message – “You’re absolutely right, sir!” – whenever a button on top of it is pressed.
7 requirements to be Trump's vice president
  1. All candidates’ souls must have fully vacated their bodies, along with all dignity, morals and sense of self-worth.
  2. The ability to always agree with Trump is essential. If Trump says “2+2 = 5,” the candidates must be willing to accept that as fact and order the imprisonment of any and all math teachers who disagree.
  3. Logical consistency is not considered an asset, and the candidates must be ready and willing to loudly yell things that are transparently false and, often, make no sense whatsoever.
  4. An ideal candidate must be comfortable with potentially being hanged by an angry mob.
  5. Candidates who have not murdered dogs are preferred. (Sorry, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.)
  6. The candidates must be willing to listen to Donald Trump Jr.’s podcast and engage in at least one conversation per month with Eric Trump without laughing.
  7. And finally, all candidates must be not only willing but excited to have every ounce of their decency and credibility vaporized in service to a man who wouldn’t spit on them if they were on fire.
:rofl:
:lol:

In all seriousness he needs someone on the rational side to win some independents.

Bergum?

Someone unfamiliar and with little MAGA baggage?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:14 pm

In all seriousness he needs someone on the rational side to win some independents.

Bergum?

That's how he ended up with pence and we know what he thinks of pence. Can he put aside his need for unquestioned loyalty and pick someone like that?

Who from that group in their right mind would say yes?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:14 pm

Bergum?

Bergum is governor of a State with the population of a medium-sized city so the unfamiliarity is there for sure.

What I don't understand is how somebody with a gig as US Senator would even consider being demoted to VP not to mention working for a guy that sicced a mob on the last VP that didn't do as he was told.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

says the site isn't safe....what a surprise :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:07 am
says the site isn't safe....what a surprise :ohno:
BS its a mainstream odds site. Been on it a hundred times and never an issue. Sounds like the issue is on your end..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.