Political discussions
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Climate Change Defamation

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 am I don’t pretend that human activity is not causing some global warming, but there have been so many dire forecast that have just not materialized. And we don’t know how the Earth is going to be able to process this uptick in CO2 in the atmosphere. These warming models predicting future temperatures are very complicated with a lot of guesswork. Some might be motivated to tinker with those unknown variables in the models to manipulate the model in producing that result they want to see

Does anyone know how the deep oceans are playing into this process ?

It could take hundreds and hundreds of years to work itself out. Maybe hundreds of thousands of years

I don’t think it hurts at all to use common sense and try to reduce CO2 emissions, but it just seems to be a lot of rush and panic involved with at all. Thats the part I have a problem with. And let’s not pretend this severe crisis hasn’t generated millions of dollars for people. If it wasn’t severe, there would be no money in it.
It’s fine being skeptical. That helps drive better science.
The other obvious thing is elected politicians have to do something now….

is it going to be their best career interest to say we have time to figure this out… of course not

CH just feels like we have the time and Joeys panic mode approach is wrong…. Just as a do nothing approach is not the best answer either
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:07 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:30 pm

Why shouldn't russia pack up and go home?

There, a question was asked. :coffee:
Because boJoJo hasn’t even talked to Putin since February 2022. Maybe he should try to negotiate something

Isn’t the strategy to keep pumping money over their to eventually weaken Russia? Guess what, it’s not working
1) Putin doesn't want to negotiate he wants to reconstitute the Soviet Union - the fact that you need to be told that speaks volumes... :ohno:

2) Negotiations would be between Zelensky and Putin - Biden lives in a different nation from the belligerents. I sure hope this helps.... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 am

It’s fine being skeptical. That helps drive better science.
The other obvious thing is elected politicians have to do something now….

is it going to be their best career interest to say we have time to figure this out… of course not

CH just feels like we have the time and Joeys panic mode approach is wrong…. Just as a do nothing approach is not the best answer either
Of course there’s politics and self interest involved. It plays a huge roll in climate change denial as well. I’m still going to side with 97% of climate experts that there’s a degree of urgency to the situation. AGW caused or not. The signs are everywhere and obvious from ocean temperatures to weather extremes.

It takes time to convince the public and for policies to have their intended effect.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:49 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:38 am

Maybe he would if it were his country being invaded.....especially if we had to count on the likes of you for fighting...:roll:

Are actively attempting to increase your coefficient of stupid or something...? :?
He’s treating like his country and Ukraine will potentially be the biggest cash drain on the US long past your time here on the planet ….
Bullshit. :coffee:

The biggest cash drain will be if NATO has to go in and send your boy back home. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:07 pm

Because boJoJo hasn’t even talked to Putin since February 2022. Maybe he should try to negotiate something

Isn’t the strategy to keep pumping money over their to eventually weaken Russia? Guess what, it’s not working
1) Putin doesn't want to negotiate he wants to reconstitute the Soviet Union - the fact that you need to be told that speaks volumes... :ohno:

2) Negotiations would be between Zelensky and Putin - Biden lives in a different nation from the belligerents. I sure hope this helps.... :ohno:
Lmao, he tries to manipulate Israel at every turn, and he doesn’t live there either
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:42 am
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:31 am

Still a bunch of people died….despite modern medicine and “lockdowns”. Human life used to be valued.
You chose to follow one metric (deaths) and not the other (%) in regards to COVID.

Pick the other metric (%) and one sees COVID was only slightly worse than a bad cold and flu season with age being the biggest factor in deaths, so the vast majority were not at risk.

Lockdowns don't work for a respiratory pandemic. That's been documented for years. Maybe if the people you supported had applied focused protection to the elderly instead of bringing COVID into their nursing homes, we'd have seen that level of care you want to see. This was all over a metric and you were a medical fascist.
20/20 hindsight. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:11 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:55 am

Because you got clobbered and the data shows it.

You were an incorrect medical fascist.
:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:11 am Some observations from scientists.

----------------------------------------
"An example of the rising temperature is that of Spitzbergen, only 800 miles from the North Pole. In 30 years the average winter level of the thermometer has gone up by nine degrees Celsius.

Vanishing ice

The ice-packs which once used to ring the north coast of Iceland for several months of the year allowing no passage, now only span the same area for 60 days. The almost impenetrable barrier in the Polar Sea has been replaced by ineffective floes lashing through the waves.”

“So much ice has vanished on Greenland,” the Swedish scientist explained after a careful survey, “that the entire character of this northern country has changed.”

Turning to Alaska, Professor Ahlmann estimates that the glaciers are retreating at the rate of 900 feet a year. Some of them have presented a unique sight for decades, their sheer drop into the water from high altitudes displaying a rare spectacle.

Meanwhile the people in Europe have again wondered at the lack of snow in the valleys. And it certainly was not a white Christmas for those who can remember the heavy snow falls last century.

Scientists believe that the melting of ice in the polar regions indicates a radical change in climatic conditions.”

Article was written 74 years ago
.....which, geologically, is an eyeblink, Mildred. :roll:

....please show us which of these statements is no longer true today. (Not to speak for Kalm, but I'm sure he thanks you for the supporting info. :lol: )
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:31 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:57 am

nobody says we're the only cause, CH, that's your lack of education showing and you should be embarrassed. The experts agree overwhelmingly that humans are a very large input into this edition of climate change. Even Standard Oil's own engineers saw it coming in the 1920s - just because youve decided to rest your brain and let the lunatic fringe do your thinking for you is your right doesn't mean you have to abuse the privilege. :ohno:
I don’t know anything about that. I’ll check it out.
Have you checked this out yet? I can't tell if you have and are too embarrassed by the results or if your allergy to factual information kept you from checking it out.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 am
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:57 am

A blip in the earth’s history? Sure. Cause for concern? Absolutely.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/ca ... intent=121
Ok thanks

Why were the scientist talking about coming of the next Ice Age in the 1970s?

What is the ratio between human causes of global warming and the natural process of global warming that has been a continuos cycle over millions and millions of years?

Basically, how long did it take for the earth to heat up 125,000 years ago or 800 million years ago?
Jesus Christ what a fucking halfwit :ohno:

Its called "science" CH. One of the rules is that when the facts show things are different than you thought, you change your thinking, not the facts. This seems to be a constant struggle for your side to understand.... 'cause you don't need no egg head academics telling you 'bout their lifes research when you got Tucker Carlson. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 am I don’t pretend that human activity is not causing some global warming, but there have been so many dire forecast that have just not materialized. And we don’t know how the Earth is going to be able to process this uptick in CO2 in the atmosphere. These warming models predicting future temperatures are very complicated with a lot of guesswork. Some might be motivated to tinker with those unknown variables in the models to manipulate the model in producing that result they want to see

It could take hundreds and hundreds of years to work itself out. Maybe hundreds of thousands of years

I don’t think it hurts at all to use common sense and try to reduce CO2 emissions, but it just seems to be a lot of rush and panic involved with at all. Thats the part I have a problem with. And let’s not pretend this severe crisis hasn’t generated millions of dollars for people. If it wasn’t severe, there would be no money in it.
You don't seem to understand the the progression isn't linear and becomes less linear with more inputs. I believe that we're at the start of the knee of the curve where things transiton from the linear to the exponential. That knee is likely decades long to a century or more. The point is that the other end of that knee of the curve rises asymptoticly. You may not be here for it, I certainly won't, but at least you've figured out the crisis is severe.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 am

You don't seem to understand the the progression isn't linear and becomes less linear with more inputs. I believe that we're at the start of the knee of the curve where things transiton from the linear to the exponential. That knee is likely decades long to a century or more. The point is that the other end of that knee of the curve rises asymptoticly. You may not be here for it, I certainly won't, but at least you've figured out the crisis is severe.
:nod:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 am

For guys that hate religion you sure do like giving sermons with no answers

but it’s Sunday

Pat yourself on the back
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:14 pm

but it’s Sunday

Pat yourself on the back
I love religion. It’s fascinating. But I leave the sermons up to the experts - the pastors.

Which is similar I suppose to leaving climate change research and forecasting up to the scientists. Only it’s more science based.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:01 pm

but it’s Sunday

Pat yourself on the back
I love religion. It’s fascinating. But I leave the sermons up to the experts - the pastors.

Which is similar I suppose to leaving climate change research and forecasting up to the scientists. Only it’s more science based.
Bull shit

Your presence on here reminds me of a pastor with all the sermon like posting you do
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

but it’s Sunday

Pat yourself on the back
You going to respond about your 74 year old article or is that anoyther tap out?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

but it’s Sunday

Pat yourself on the back

They all boil down to the Golden Rule, preachers are mostly about avoiding taxes
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:08 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 am

Ok thanks

Why were the scientist talking about coming of the next Ice Age in the 1970s?

What is the ratio between human causes of global warming and the natural process of global warming that has been a continuos cycle over millions and millions of years?

Basically, how long did it take for the earth to heat up 125,000 years ago or 800 million years ago?

Its called "science" CH. One of the rules is that when the facts show things are different than you thought, you change your thinking, not the facts. This seems to be a constant struggle for your side to understand.... 'cause you don't need no egg head academics telling you 'bout their lifes research when you got Tucker Carlson. :ohno:
I’ve asked some questions and waiting on you to provide one fact without narrative
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:08 am

I’ve asked some questions and waiting on you to provide one fact without narrative
Being unable to distiguish between them is a major difference between your side and my side :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

but it’s Sunday

Pat yourself on the back
So if someone you disagree with gives their thoughts it's a sermon? Do you say the same thing to MAQA yahoos who give their opinions?

You want answers? Do you ask Christians to prove there is a God? Have you asked other MAQA yahoos why trump has never present his proof that the election was stolen? Have you ever thought that you might have a double standard?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:34 pm

Bull shit

Your presence on here reminds me of a pastor with all the sermon like posting you do
I proselytize about love, kindness, community, democracy.

You’re confusing opinion with facts again.

Kalm works in mysterious ways, my son.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 pm

but it’s Sunday

Pat yourself on the back
So if someone you disagree with gives their thoughts it's a sermon? Do you say the same thing to MAQA yahoos who give their opinions?

You want answers? Do you ask Christians to prove there is a God? Have you asked other MAQA yahoos why trump has never present his proof that the election was stolen? Have you ever thought that you might have a double standard?
You got it all wrong again…. I disagree with different people on here. It’s just that one of them comes across like a pastor.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:34 pm

Bull shit

No I’m not

I gave you my opinion. I never said it was a fact….
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 am
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 pm

No I’m not

I gave you my opinion. I never said it was a fact….
I was speaking about posting MY opinions vs. facts. Much the same as when you post opinions about the Biden crime syndicate.

Smite!

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:38 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 pm

You got it all wrong again…. I disagree with different people on here. It’s just that one of them comes across like a pastor.
That’s right! Mind your P’s and Q’s, Mister! Oe else you’re going straight to H.E. Double hockey sticks!