Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Americans Becoming More Isolationist, China Top Econ Power

Post by Cap'n Cat »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34255911/ns/world_news/

Bad economy to blame? 44 persent say China is biggest economic power, US 27%.

WASHINGTON - Americans are turning away from the world, showing a tendency toward isolationism in foreign affairs that has risen to the highest level in four decades, a poll out Thursday found.

Almost half, 49 percent, told the polling organization that the United States should "mind its own business" internationally and let other countries get along the best they can on their own, the Pew Research Center survey found. That's up from 30 percent who said that in December 2002.

Results of the survey appear to conflict with President Barack Obama's activist foreign policy, including a newly announced buildup of 30,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan to fight Taliban and al-Qaida extremists.

Man, I'm tired of everything going on. Let's just elect Conks back into office, let them shit on everyone, then go to war and get us buried, once and for all.

:geek:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Americans Becoming More Isolationist, China Top Econ Power

Post by kalm »

Good.
catamount man
Level3
Level3

Post by catamount man »

Viva la isolationism!!!!!!!!!! a true libertarian's wet dream!!!!!!!
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cap'n Cat »

catamount man wrote:Viva la isolationism!!!!!!!!!! a true libertarian's wet dream!!!!!!!

Man, MounterMan, I used to have faith in things, but not anymore. Hell in a handbasket, whether Conks or Donks are leading.

We all need to huddle up on our own beautiful continent, arm oursleves and build some trenches.

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

catamount man wrote:Viva la isolationism!!!!!!!!!! a true libertarian's wet dream!!!!!!!
For an example of how well isolationism works, see the buildup to WWII. :coffee:
catamount man
Level3
Level3

Post by catamount man »

Cap'n Cat wrote:

Man, MounterMan, I used to have faith in things, but not anymore. Hell in a handbasket, whether Conks or Donks are leading.

We all need to huddle up on our own beautiful continent, arm oursleves and build some trenches.

the big 2 suck big man. Been screaming it for years!!!!! The only thing they want from you is your vote. Nothing else matters to these leaches. I wish Americans would wake up! :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:

WOLVERINES!!!!!

"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cap'n Cat »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:

WOLVERINES!!!!!

My family is moving in with yours, Z.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
WOLVERINES!!!!!

Good. I could use some more hands around the house, digging trenches and operating the reloader.
Man, fuck these Aryan mo-fo's, makin' the brutha do all the work 'round heya!

Side Note: Being as we are a Republican household and not a Democrat household, all members are expected to actually WORK. Nothing is given for free, there are no handouts, and you will earn everything you are given. :nod: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:

Good. I could use some more hands around the house, digging trenches and operating the reloader.
Man, **** these Aryan mo-fo's, makin' the brutha do all the work 'round heya!

Side Note: Being as we are a Republican household and not a Democrat household, all members are expected to actually WORK. Nothing is given for free, there are no handouts, and you will earn everything you are given. :nod: :coffee:
Except those born to old money and who live off dividend checks. They deserve the time off. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Man, **** these Aryan mo-fo's, makin' the brutha do all the work 'round heya!

Except those born to old money and who live off dividend checks. They deserve the time off. :nod:
I'm a real Republican, not a RINO. :ohno:
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins

Post by JMU DJ »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Don't work to hard Z, the House is going to vote over permanently extending the inheritance tax on the wealthy (i.e. estates over 3.5 Million). So work hard, just make sure it's not hard enough so that your kids don't get taxed off their asses when they inherit your wad. :lol:

I don't mind isolation when it comes to political matters that have no affect on America, we don't need to police the world when we should be worrying about our own problems....

.... movement towards economic isolation would be idiotic, but I don't think that's even possible at the current global stage along with the monies owed by our country.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JMU DJ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Don't work to hard Z, the House is going to vote over permanently extending the inheritance tax on the wealthy (i.e. estates over 3.5 Million). So work hard, just make sure it's not hard enough so that your kids don't get taxed off their asses when they inherit your wad. :lol:

I don't mind isolation when it comes to political matters that have no affect on America, we don't need to police the world when we should be worrying about our own problems....

.... movement towards economic isolation would be idiotic, but I don't think that's even possible at the current global stage along with the monies owed by our country.
a) my "wad" is in no danger of EVER exceeding $3.5 million
b) given the amount of money owed to China, now would be a PERFECT time to employ economic isolationism. :nod: :nod: :nod: Maybe we can pay them back in "clunkers". :lol:
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

JMUDJoo I agree regarding the policing the world comment. Clearly no one else will step up and do anything, especially France, the Russians, and China. We dominate everyone with aid given, and the world just holds out their Halloween bags for the US to fill for them. We have problems here we need to address - do you want to feed the starving kid down the street from you or adopt some kid from Malawi that's likely making Nike's for $.05 a day? If that makes me an isolationist, then I'll wear the title proudly. The Middle East has been fighting for centuries, and a US led surge here and there don't even equate to a bump in the road over the long haul. I say we freakin' retrench and patch our own wounds before putting the rest of the world on welfare.

/rant
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

ASUG8 wrote:JMUDJoo I agree regarding the policing the world comment. Clearly no one else will step up and do anything, especially France, the Russians, and China. We dominate everyone with aid given, and the world just holds out their Halloween bags for the US to fill for them. We have problems here we need to address - do you want to feed the starving kid down the street from you or adopt some kid from Malawi that's likely making Nike's for $.05 a day? If that makes me an isolationist, then I'll wear the title proudly. The Middle East has been fighting for centuries, and a US led surge here and there don't even equate to a bump in the road over the long haul. I say we freakin' retrench and patch our own wounds before putting the rest of the world on welfare.

/rant
:nod:

And that should include trade policies and immigration.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cap'n Cat »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:

Being as we are a Republican household and not a Democrat household, all members are expected to actually WORK. Nothing is given for free, there are no handouts, and you will earn everything you are given.
Side Note: :nod: :coffee:
LMFatFAO!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Man, Mistah Z, whatchu talkin' 'bout gettin' up an' cleanin' my room 'n shit, you cracka-ass fool mothafvcka?"
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote: Image
"Man, Mistah Z, whatchu talkin' 'bout gettin' up an' cleanin' my room 'n shit, you cracka-ass fool mothafvcka?"
Goddamned right, bitch. Get 'cher black ass outta that rack and get busy cleanin'.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

The only thing we should be isolating ourselves from is mid-east oil.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

We're not the world's policeman because nobody else wants the job and it's ours by default.

We're the world's policeman because we have no choice, due to our oil being stored in other countries.
We need an Apollo-style crash program to reduce our dependence on mid-east oil by as much as possible; the cost would be more than offset by being able to cut our military budget in half. That would be a 250 billion per year savings, hell, it's the height of fiscal irresponsibility to not launch such a program.

But, since fiscal irresponsibilty has ruled from 1980 until now, and shows no sign of fading, I suggest making Venezuela the 51st state. They're right next door, they have plenty of oil, and they could be taken by a bunch of 'necks from the local tavern armed with baseball bats in an afternoon.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
catamount man
Level3
Level3

Post by catamount man »

houndawg wrote:
I agree. We should be drilling off our own shores. Yeah, I've never liked the way this nation panders to the mideast for all that oil. I trust the Saudis as much as a rattlesnake, but this nation has seen the dollars all that oil brings and it's not gonna change anytime soon unfortunately. Could you just imagine their reaction though if and when our dicksnards up in DC decided to drill here for our own oil. You would see the TRUE Saudi Arabia then my friend.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cap'n Cat »

catamount man wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I agree. We should be drilling off our own shores. Yeah, I've never liked the way this nation panders to the mideast for all that oil. I trust the Saudis as much as a rattlesnake, but this nation has seen the dollars all that oil brings and it's not gonna change anytime soon unfortunately. Could you just imagine their reaction though if and when our dicksnards up in DC decided to drill here for our own oil. You would see the TRUE Saudi Arabia then my friend.

:coffee: