Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Trump vs. Biden Part 2

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:48 pm None of her supporters will see this.

Who is being inserted into that community?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:48 pm None of her supporters will see this.

What community?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:10 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm

What community?
If you ask the question of whether anyone in her community will see this, and then act like you don't know the community, why are you asking in the first place?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:10 pm

What community?
If you ask the question of whether anyone in her community will see this, and then act like you don't know the community, why are you asking in the first place?
Oh. I used supporters. You inserted community.

And I didn’t pose it as a question. It’s a safe assumption.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:09 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 pm

I wonder what happened in 2020? Hmmm. I just can't put my finger on what made people upset and why police quit policing so hard. If only a person could figure that out. Suppose we'll never know.

Your guy used an outlier to make his point. Shameless. You can find articles all over the Internet on what caused the spike.

But you are right. Nobody will see those stats, especially if you break them down by race. Those stats are never allowed to be seen or used, unless it's the Morning Joe data guy using an outlier to "burn" Nancy Mace.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:39 am

I wonder what happened in 2020? Hmmm. I just can't put my finger on what made people upset and why police quit policing so hard. If only a person could figure that out. Suppose we'll never know.

Your guy used an outlier to make his point. Shameless. You can find articles all over the Internet on what caused the spike.

But you are right. Nobody will see those stats, especially if you break them down by race. Those stats are never allowed to be seen or used, unless it's the Morning Joe data guy using an outlier to "burn" Nancy Mace.
It matters little if it’s an outlier. Outliers are used by both sides to make and counter points. Few are interested in facts, even/especially if they are solid but run contrary to your side’s narrative.

See economics and how automatically dismissive you are here for example.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:17 am

It matters little if it’s an outlier. Outliers are used by both sides to make and counter points. Few are interested in facts, even/especially if they are solid but run contrary to your side’s narrative.

To wit and shocking I know that Mace has played loose with the facts before.

Even IF Rattner’s (who I can’t stand BtW) numbers are off or outliers there’s a serious gap between the 77% who believe crime has risen and whatever the more accurate non-“outlier” happens to be.

Propaganda… It’s effective.
But data from the FBI shows that crime decreased significantly in 2023, including a 13 percent decline in murder, a 6 percent decline in reported violent crime and a 4 percent decrease in reported property crime. “At some point in 2022 — at the end of 2022 or through 2023 — there was just a tipping point where violence started to fall and it just continued to fall,” Jeff Asher, a crime analyst and co-founder of AH Datalytics, told NPR in February.

Users on X appended a Community Note to Mace’s post correcting her claim and citing the FBI statistics on Saturday, but by Sunday, the note had disappeared, journalist Aaron Rupar noted. X owner Elon Musk has previously said that he wants X to be the “most accurate source of information on Earth, without regard to political affiliation.”

Mace received a Community Note on X last week when she claimed she voted to appropriate more than $500 million in federal funding to her district. Users corrected her by pointing out that Mace “voted against the appropriations bill which authorized the funding she is seeking credit for.”

The congresswoman responded to the note, writing, “The @CommunityNotes – y’all are so dumb. Go look up the NDAA, WRDA and PACT Act, all of which I voted for.” But yet another Community Note pointed out that the “bills mentioned are authorization bills, not appropriations bills, and thus do not fund the activities authorized.

By falsely claiming crime is increasing, Mace is likely trying to capitalize on Americans’ inaccurate perceptions. Despite recent declines in crime rates, a December Gallup poll found that 77 percent of Americans think that crime rates are going up

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 97030/amp/
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

He cannot be elected.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:24 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:17 am

To wit and shocking I know that Mace has played loose with the facts before.

Even IF Rattner’s (who I can’t stand BtW) numbers are off or outliers there’s a serious gap between the 77% who believe crime has risen and whatever the more accurate non-“outlier” happens to be.

Propaganda… It’s effective.
But data from the FBI shows that crime decreased significantly in 2023, including a 13 percent decline in murder, a 6 percent decline in reported violent crime and a 4 percent decrease in reported property crime. “At some point in 2022 — at the end of 2022 or through 2023 — there was just a tipping point where violence started to fall and it just continued to fall,” Jeff Asher, a crime analyst and co-founder of AH Datalytics, told NPR in February.

Users on X appended a Community Note to Mace’s post correcting her claim and citing the FBI statistics on Saturday, but by Sunday, the note had disappeared, journalist Aaron Rupar noted. X owner Elon Musk has previously said that he wants X to be the “most accurate source of information on Earth, without regard to political affiliation.”

Mace received a Community Note on X last week when she claimed she voted to appropriate more than $500 million in federal funding to her district. Users corrected her by pointing out that Mace “voted against the appropriations bill which authorized the funding she is seeking credit for.”

The congresswoman responded to the note, writing, “The @CommunityNotes – y’all are so dumb. Go look up the NDAA, WRDA and PACT Act, all of which I voted for.” But yet another Community Note pointed out that the “bills mentioned are authorization bills, not appropriations bills, and thus do not fund the activities authorized.

By falsely claiming crime is increasing, Mace is likely trying to capitalize on Americans’ inaccurate perceptions. Despite recent declines in crime rates, a December Gallup poll found that 77 percent of Americans think that crime rates are going up

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 97030/amp/
His numbers are fine, and technically he is correct. My point is that he chooses 2020. A year in which we had lockdowns and BLM went nuts. Hell, CHAZ had something like 5 or 6 deaths and they were supposed to be against that. :lol: It's very similar to Biden claiming he added jobs when it was simply COVID losses get added back to employment.

And, it is propaganda. And it works because people don't know or care how to investigate a claim. Cell phones don't help with all the videos.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

They don’t even bother calling the police for people inside a store robbing the place blind….. no police report filed

But crime is down …. 😂
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:52 am

They don’t even bother calling the police for people inside a store robbing the place blind….. no police report filed

But crime is down …. 😂
At least anecdotal evidence is up! :)
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:49 am

But crime is down …. 😂
Multiple Stores closing is not anecdotal
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:09 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:49 am

Multiple Stores closing is not anecdotal
...stores close all the time. Sometimes entire chains. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

But crime is down …. 😂
Is that biden's fault or the fault of soros DAs?

If you're going to blame biden for things that happen during the course of his Presidency then it is fair to to do the same for trump. Using that logic, trump is to blame for COVID, the AnTiFa/BLM riots, and the resulting impact on jobs and the economy.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:42 am He cannot be elected.

:lol: The left has literally lost their fooking minds over Trump. :rofl: All the donks have to run on is ‘Trump is Hitler’. and the ‘End of Democracy’..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:11 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:42 am He cannot be elected.

:lol: The left has literally lost their fooking minds over Trump. :rofl: All the donks have to run on is ‘Trump is Hitler’. and the ‘End of Democracy’..
So you think he’s bluffing? That Heritage plan won’t be his blueprint? That he’ll appoint rational non-biased judges? That the likes of Michael Flynn and Kash Patel won’t be involved in his government?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:30 pm

But crime is down …. 😂
Is that biden's fault or the fault of soros DAs?

If you're going to blame biden for things that happen during the course of his Presidency then it is fair to to do the same for trump. Using that logic, trump is to blame for COVID, the AnTiFa/BLM riots, and the resulting impact on jobs and the economy.
I didn’t mention Biden … but now that you did it’s obvious he doesn’t care
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:30 pm
The level of right mowing disinformation and ignorance never disappoints. :lol:

Trans day started in 2009 and continued during Trump’s administration. It’s March 31st. Kind of like Christmas, or Halloween, or 4th of July. Easter changes dates. Next year, Easter falls on 4/20. Burn one down in the name of Jesus!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:51 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:11 pm
So you think he’s bluffing? That Heritage plan won’t be his blueprint? That he’ll appoint rational non-biased judges? That the likes of Michael Flynn and Kash Patel won’t be involved in his government?
Yes, attempting to drain the swamp will be his blueprint. I mean the Heritage Plan talks about getting rid of 50k fed employees, less than 2% of the close to 3 million fed employees. OMG the fed govt won’t be able to function if it loses 2% of its employees!

Just as rational and non biased as Engoron, Chutkin, etc..

Yes and good.

That doesn’t mean ‘Trump is Hitler’ and the ‘End of Democracy’..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:50 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:51 pm

Yes, attempting to drain the swamp will be his blueprint. I mean the Heritage Plan talks about getting rid of 50k fed employees, less than 2% of the close to 3 million fed employees. OMG the fed govt won’t be able to function if it loses 2% of its employees!

Yes and good.

That doesn’t mean ‘Trump is Hitler’ and the ‘End of Democracy’..
Hitler is an easy if not lazy comparison. The world has changed over the last 100 years and this is not post war Germany.

But the fascistic/cult of personality tendencies are clearly there. It’s not arguable. He rules out of intimidation and fear. He’s not liked…only followed because he owns the libs and hates the same marginalized groups. Simply cutting 50,000 federal employees gains us what?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:55 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:50 pm

Yes and good.

That doesn’t mean ‘Trump is Hitler’ and the ‘End of Democracy ’..
Hitler is an easy if not lazy comparison. The world has changed over the last 100 years and this is not post war Germany.

But the fascistic/cult of personality tendencies are clearly there. It’s not arguable. He rules out of intimidation and fear. He’s not liked…only followed because he owns the libs and hates the same marginalized groups. Simply cutting 50,000 federal employees gains us what?
No, Hitler is an extremely :dunce: comparison
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:13 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:55 am

I’m sorry you have so little appreciation of history, psychology, and philosophy.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:14 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:13 am
I’m sorry you have so little appreciation of history, psychology, and philosophy.
I have enough to know that anyone who tries to make a Trump/Hitler comparison is extremely :dunce: in regards to history.. :nod: