GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:47 am
If we come out of the trump years with our republic intact we're going to look back and see that an educated officer corps was a key reason that we made it and that West Point and Annapolis were maybe the best use of taxpayer money ever.
The fact that there wasn't even the slightest interest from the military in backing the mob on 1/6 was a very good sign. Out republic is very much intact, and a strong and politically detached military is certainly a big part of that. Trump, or any other politician, is not really all that close to destroying the republic.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:17 am

If we come out of the trump years with our republic intact we're going to look back and see that an educated officer corps was a key reason that we made it and that West Point and Annapolis were maybe the best use of taxpayer money ever.
The fact that there wasn't even the slightest interest from the military in backing the mob on 1/6 was a very good sign. Out republic is very much intact, and a strong and politically detached military is certainly a big part of that. Trump, or any other politician, is not really all that close to destroying the republic.
...our allies aren't so sure about that - and it sure as shit hasn't been for lack of effort. Personally, I think that the intelligence communiy has a contingency plan that involves a terrible accident. They change governments for a living and I'm willing to bet that they haven't forgotten that fat prick's little diatribe while standing in front of the CIA's Wall of Honor or his telling the entire planet that he believed Putin over his own intelligence agencies at Helsinki during the 60 seconds Putin allowed him to speak.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

It was - but there also seemed to be a lot of passive resistance and slow-walking towards mobilizing reinforcements, which may or may not have had a military component - and the Secret Service's role in the whole thing contains some ambiguity too. The foundation may not be ready to collapse but we definitely need to do some tuckpointing if we're going to keep allowing the bottom-of-the-barrel to do governance. And I say bottom-of-the-barrel because most of them have been called the same or worse by the guy that hired/appointed them.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:36 am

It was - but there also seemed to be a lot of passive resistance and slow-walking towards mobilizing reinforcements, which may or may not have had a military component - and the Secret Service's role in the whole thing contains some ambiguity too. The foundation may not be ready to collapse but we definitely need to do some tuckpointing if we're going to keep allowing the bottom-of-the-barrel to do governance. And I say bottom-of-the-barrel because most of them have been called the same or worse by the guy that hired/appointed them.
The military saw Jan 6th for what it was… a cheesey political stunt nothing burger, not a serious threat
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:07 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:36 am

The military saw Jan 6th for what it was… a cheesey political stunt nothing burger, not a serious threat
You want to excuse their intent because they were incompetent.

The people that were there tell a much different story, especially while groveling in front of the judge for a reduced sentence... :lol:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:17 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:07 am

The people that were there tell a much different story, especially while groveling in front of the judge for a reduced sentence... :lol:
I think Jan 6th is just stupid all the way around

If it was actually a serious threat, the instigators should have been mowed down

Why weren’t they?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:27 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:17 am

If it was actually a serious threat, the instigators should have been mowed down

Why weren’t they?
Because they weren't from the Left.

The cops were caught flat-footed and unprepared because they assumed they were among friends and there was foot-dragging among their leadership that prevented things like the NG being available - the Chief of capitol police said his requests for NG troops were rebuffed six times. This information is readily available, CH.
Last edited by houndawg on Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:51 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:27 am

Why weren’t they?
The cops were caught flat-footed and unprepared because they assumed they were among friends. Remember this was back during the Back the Blue fad. That has since died down :mrgreen:
Weak
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:54 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:51 am

The cops were caught flat-footed and unprepared because they assumed they were among friends. Remember this was back during the Back the Blue fad. That has since died down :mrgreen:
Weak
Trut so pure. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yeah, lets mandate electric vehicles..They work awesome in sub zero temps!

Chicago-area Tesla charging stations lined with dead cars in freezing cold: 'A bunch of dead robots out here'
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ ... s-out-here
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“A New York City judge denied Daniel Penny's motion to dismiss the criminal case against the Marine veteran, who killed Jordan Neely with a chokehold on a subway last May.”

Unbelievable they waste time and money prosecuting this Ex Marine for his heroism, yet they can’t find a reason to prosecute the real criminals

Only in New Woke City
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:00 am “A New York City judge denied Daniel Penny's motion to dismiss the criminal case against the Marine veteran, who killed Jordan Neely with a chokehold on a subway last May.”

Unbelievable they waste time and money prosecuting this Ex Marine for his heroism, yet they can’t find a reason to prosecute the real criminals

Only in New Woke City
Perfect example why the above is a political prosecution

why NY residents vote for this bruja I have no idea

https://nypost.com/2024/01/17/metro/gop ... -closures/

Republicans in Albany blasted Gov. Kathy Hochul as soft on crime one day after she released a budget proposal that included proposals to shutter up to five correctional facilities.

GOP senators also said Hochul’s idea to tackle retail theft with special “task forces” did not go far enough as they laid out the Republican priorities for the state’s legislative session on Wednesday morning
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Time to slash these agencies budget. They have no business flagging thise purchase terms of American citizens.
The Committee and Select Subcommittee have obtained documents indicating that following January 6, 2021, FinCEN distributed materials to financial institutions that, among other things, outline the 'typologies' of various persons of interest and provide financial institutions with suggested search terms and Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) for identifying transactions on behalf of federal law enforcement. These materials included a document recommending the use of generic terms like 'TRUMP' and 'MAGA' to 'search Zelle payment messages' as well as a 'prior FinCEN analysis' of 'Lone Actor/Homegrown Violent Extremism Indicators.' According to this analysis, FinCEN warned financial institutions of 'extremism' indicators that include 'transportation charges, such as bus tickets, rental cars, or plane tickets, for travel to areas with no apparent purpose,' or 'the purchase of books (including religious texts) and subscriptions to other media containing extremist views.' In other words, FinCEN urged large financial institutions to comb through the private transactions of their customers for suspicious charges on the basis of protected political and religious expression.”
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:40 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:35 am

He should tell that to Dr Carol Swain. I'm sure it will make it all better.

On a separate but similar subject, do you think Elizabeth Warren did anything wrong when she said she was Native American to gain employment with Harvard?
Good question, why don't you start a thread about it rather than using it to change the subject? :coffee:
If Dr Swain says she was plagiarized, then I trust that much more greatly than some random Liberal Klamala found in his X feed. Guy doesn't even broach the topic, just the process, in which we have no clue how closely the serial plagiarizer Gay followed.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:sleep:
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:15 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:40 am

Good question, why don't you start a thread about it rather than using it to change the subject? :coffee:
If Dr Swain says she was plagiarized, then I trust that much more greatly than some random Liberal Klamala found in his X feed. Guy doesn't even broach the topic, just the process, in which we have no clue how closely the serial plagiarizer Gay followed.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:58 pm :sleep:
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:15 pm

Truth hurts. I know.

On a separate note, I apparently need to look harder for that emoji. I went to use it before and couldn't find it! :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ford cuts production of F-150 Lightning pickup on weaker-than-expected electric vehicle sales growth
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireSto ... -106509785
No shit, because nobody wants them.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:38 pm Ford cuts production of F-150 Lightning pickup on weaker-than-expected electric vehicle sales growth
Fully electric cars are not there yet, technology-wise and by all the support systems (i.e. charging stations, electrical power grid, range, weather reliability, raw materials, etc) to be fully adopted over gas powered cars. No wishful thinking or "moon-shot" political gimmick will make it so. People are working on it, it's just a really big thing to get done on the scale we're talking about doing it. Landing on the moon was basically getting 3 guys there (well, 2 on the moon itself), a handful of times. Getting 350 million Americans to be able to swap gas powered cars for electric vehicles is a bigger challenge. It'll happen, just not by 2030.

In the meantime, hybrids are good options. :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 am

...our allies aren't so sure about that - and it sure as shit hasn't been for lack of effort. Personally, I think that the intelligence communiy has a contingency plan that involves a terrible accident. They change governments for a living and I'm willing to bet that they haven't forgotten that fat prick's little diatribe while standing in front of the CIA's Wall of Honor or his telling the entire planet that he believed Putin over his own intelligence agencies at Helsinki during the 60 seconds Putin allowed him to speak.
Except Ukraine. That violent maidan revolution was totally organic!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:08 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 am

:?

:tiptoe:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:02 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:08 pm

:?

:tiptoe:
:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:51 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:38 pm Ford cuts production of F-150 Lightning pickup on weaker-than-expected electric vehicle sales growth
Fully electric cars are not there yet, technology-wise and by all the support systems (i.e. charging stations, electrical power grid, range, weather reliability, raw materials, etc) to be fully adopted over gas powered cars. No wishful thinking or "moon-shot" political gimmick will make it so. People are working on it, it's just a really big thing to get done on the scale we're talking about doing it. Landing on the moon was basically getting 3 guys there (well, 2 on the moon itself), a handful of times. Getting 350 million Americans to be able to swap gas powered cars for electric vehicles is a bigger challenge. It'll happen, just not by 2030.

Sure hybrid. But there was never much natural demand for EVs. Instead it was a product being forced upon the consumer, subsidized with taxpayer money, all to combat a lie called "climate change".
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:16 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:51 pm

Sure hybrid. But there was never much natural demand for EVs. Instead it was a product being forced upon the consumer, subsidized with taxpayer money, all to combat a lie called "climate change".
A lie called climate change is your opinion.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Attorney General Ken Paxton ordered to sit for deposition in whistleblower lawsuit
Brickman said, "He cannot stop his deposition in this case, and what he's doing is saying I'm going to concede the facts. I'm going to allow a judgment to be entered. But I didn't break the law. Our entire case is about whether he broke the whistleblower law or not, so he can't have his cake and eat it too."
"If he has to give a deposition, it has unusual significance. It's not just another bit of testimony in a civil lawsuit. It's sworn testimony that he can be prosecuted of committing perjury or that can be used as evidence against him in the criminal cases, and he clearly doesn't want to do that. He doesn't want to increase his risk in the criminal cases."
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:16 pm
A lie called climate change is your opinion.
Climate change is certainly real. of that there is zero doubt. The debate is over how to address it and respond to it, not whether it is happening or not.