Fresh Water Crises

Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Fresh Water Crises

Post by Gil Dobie »

Been hearing rumblings that the next big lefty crises is going to be fresh water. Global Warming, Vaccine, and next is fresh water.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Fresh Water Crises

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 am Been hearing rumblings that the next big lefty crises is going to be fresh water. Global Warming, Vaccine, and next is fresh water.
Only lefties drink water?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:39 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 am Been hearing rumblings that the next big lefty crises is going to be fresh water. Global Warming, Vaccine, and next is fresh water.
Only lefties will create this crisis.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:59 am
kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:39 am

Do you think it’s a fake crisis or that lefties use all of the water?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:04 am

He told you the left will invent a crisis for political gain, I say they are really good at it … the Left has a much better political playbook than the right. It’s used to dupe the opponent… and like football, the naive opponent will eventually catch on and so it goes
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:36 am

He told you the left will invent a crisis for political gain, I say they are really good at it … the Left has a much better political playbook than the right. It’s used to dupe the opponent… and like football, the naive opponent will eventually catch on and so it goes
So it’s an invented crisis and there really is no shortage of water out here? Hallelujah!

I’ll let the Washington State Department of ecology and all the nearby towns with annual water use restrictions know.

Great news!
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

...yeah them lefties going all chicken-little about fresh water, just another false flag attempt to distract from the real problem - which everybody knows is brown people at the southern border. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:51 am
So it’s an invented crisis and there really is no shortage of water out here? Hallelujah!

I’ll let the Washington State Department of ecology and all the nearby towns with annual water use restrictions know.

Great news!
Is it a separate water crisis or the impact of climate change? the result of overpopulation? too many people living where there isn't enough water?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:08 am
kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:51 am

Great news!
Is it a separate water crisis or the impact of climate change? the result of overpopulation? too many people living where there isn't enough water?
Yes.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:31 am

...yeah them lefties going all chicken-little about fresh water, just another false flag attempt to distract from the real problem - which everybody knows is brown people at the southern border. :coffee:
Why do you hate brown people?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Imagine if we built reservoirs and other ways to retain water at the levels commensurate with the populations in those areas. What a novel concept that would be.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:23 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:08 am Are you a blooming idiot or a deranged maniac?
Yes.
I'm glad we got that resolved ... ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:31 am Imagine if we built reservoirs and other ways to retain water at the levels commensurate with the populations in those areas. What a novel concept that would be.
(Sarcasm detected)

It can help but you still need to get the water from somewhere in semi arid to arid locations. There’s also evaporative loss.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:52 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:31 am Imagine if we built reservoirs and other ways to retain water at the levels commensurate with the populations in those areas. What a novel concept that would be.
(Sarcasm detected)

It can help but you still need to get the water from somewhere in semi arid to arid locations. There’s also evaporative loss.
:suspicious: Anyone who opposed the Keystone (or any other oil pipeline) cannot advocate for pipelines (or other methods of conveyance with ecological consequences) to move water from one location to another without being a self-serving hypocrite.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:27 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:31 am

:rofl:

It's not me sniveling about brown people at teh border, Jose. Its your crowd - why don't you ask them?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:02 am

(Sarcasm detected)

:suspicious: Anyone who opposed the Keystone (or any other oil pipeline) cannot advocate for pipelines (or other methods of conveyance with ecological consequences) to move water from one location to another without being a self-serving hypocrite.
:ohno: :roll:

What happens to the Ogalala aquifer if a water pipe crossing it bursts? What happens when that pipeline is filled with oil?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

(Sarcasm detected)

What? :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:00 pm
Why do we "need to get the water from somewhere in semi arid to arid locations"? Isn't that messing with the environment?

If there isn't enough water, maybe the some of the people in those locations need to move.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:32 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:00 pm

Why do we "need to get the water from somewhere in semi arid to arid locations"? Isn't that messing with the environment?

If there isn't enough water, maybe the some of the people in those locations need to move.
I agree with the last.

EG: Cheney was fine at 17” annual when it was 10,000 residents and students combined. At 25,000 they’ve had to impose strict usage restrictions for lawn care not to mention playgrounds and sports fields which they let go brown now during the summer.

The keel poking new straws into the aquifers of ancient water to even try and keep up. The county is beginning to impose reduced population density for certain rural/urban open space development to stay ahead of it.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Lefties will make it a crisis, and the money behind it will make more money. How much money did algore make on carbon credits, and how did carbon credits fix climate change?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:43 pm

Lefties will make it a crisis, and the money behind it will make more money. How much money did algore make on carbon credits, and how did carbon credits fix climate change?
What? Lefties aren't allowed to prosper under capitalism...? :?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:40 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:27 am

:rofl:

It's not me sniveling about brown people at teh border, Jose. Its your crowd - why don't you ask them?
Puerto Ricans? We can come and go as we please
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Constricting the supply or pollution of water cone at a cost to all users. Irrigation, golf courses, the average size American lawn. Everyone is complicit…left and right.

Some will grift off of repairing and creating greater efficiency of usage, some have already grifted off their unfettered access and overuse.

Arizona sells water rights to Saudi Arabian horse breeders for hay.

Elon musk and EV’s.

Neither are hardly what you’d consider lefties.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:49 pm

What? Lefties aren't allowed to prosper under capitalism...? :?
Then don't bitch about capitalism.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:25 pm

Constricting the supply or pollution of water cone at a cost to all users. Irrigation, golf courses, the average size American lawn. Everyone is complicit…left and right.

Some will grift off of repairing and creating greater efficiency of usage, some have already grifted off their unfettered access and overuse.

Arizona sells water rights to Saudi Arabian horse breeders for hay.

Elon musk and EV’s.

Neither are hardly what you’d consider lefties.
Talk to me when the exorbitant water prices show up in a city near you. Prices are already a lot higher in stores.