Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:26 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:11 am

That makes Filipkowski a Kardashian. :coffee:
You can do better.
Sorry I misspoke, Filipkowski is more of a Paris Hilton.

Here he is with Rick Wilson ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:20 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:32 am

I listened to every episode for about 3 years straight. Truly enjoyed some of it. He’s open minded which is good. But also apparently gullible.

He’s like Trump or Jordan Peterson or Covid for me. It’s not the event or persona it’s the stupidity it brings forth from too many others.
Funny enough when you start talking politics and topics that are heavily influenced by politics, I think the exact same thing about you (and a few others on this board). :kisswink:

I think he lets his mouth get in front of his brain (or makes comments under the influence) but that is common trait many people have. But he would not be where he is today if he was "gullible".

Stupidity that comes from the random dumb ass reacting to an event doesn't bother me. It is when people deliberately pick the most myopic and shortsighted viewpoint possible, follow it and double down on it, regardless of information that has come out since the original that is what "grinds my gears". Also people who refuse to change. :ohno:

I can leave this place for months, come back, open a random thread and based on the title, know exactly what position you, BDK, SG, and HD are going to be expressing and it will mirror your perspective belief points. Which mirror the viewpoints on FOX, NewsMax, CNN and MSNBC (and yes I picked those four news organizations deliberately :lol: ).

I have read a good chunk of the history of this board, along with AGS, and it is amazing to me how little people/posters change, contrary to what they may think. Which is the biggest reason I haven't posted much this year (and I expect that is true for some others as well) as I can get the vast majority of the bickering by reading the comments section of a random news organization. You guys are entertaining, but not that entertaining. :thumb:

wow.....that's so.......deep

you need to do the same thing for a longer time and compare with the short term results. Try disappearing for 2-3 years to get a baseline. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:32 am I listened to every episode for about 3 years straight. Truly enjoyed some of it. He’s open minded which is good. But also apparently gullible.

He’s like Trump or Jordan Peterson or Covid for me. It’s not the event or persona it’s the stupidity it brings forth from too many others.
Funny enough when you start talking politics and topics that are heavily influenced by politics, I think the exact same thing about you (and a few others on this board). :kisswink:

I think he lets his mouth get in front of his brain (or makes comments under the influence) but that is common trait many people have. But he would not be where he is today if he was "gullible".

Stupidity that comes from the random dumb ass reacting to an event doesn't bother me. It is when people deliberately pick the most myopic and shortsighted viewpoint possible, follow it and double down on it, regardless of information that has come out since the original that is what "grinds my gears". Also people who refuse to change. :ohno:

I can leave this place for months, come back, open a random thread and based on the title, know exactly what position you, BDK, SG, and HD are going to be expressing and it will mirror your perspective belief points. Which mirror the viewpoints on FOX, NewsMax, CNN and MSNBC (and yes I picked those four news organizations deliberately :lol: ).

I have read a good chunk of the history of this board, along with AGS, and it is amazing to me how little people/posters change, contrary to what they may think. Which is the biggest reason I haven't posted much this year (and I expect that is true for some others as well) as I can get the vast majority of the bickering by reading the comments section of a random news organization. You guys are entertaining, but not that entertaining. :thumb:
Truth.

I would argue that BDK has shown more flexibility and growth than kalm.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:32 am

I listened to every episode for about 3 years straight. Truly enjoyed some of it. He’s open minded which is good. But also apparently gullible.

I’m post gullible. :)

I agree with much of this post. We can all be guilty of these things including you my friend. ;)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

This is amazing. :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:35 am This is amazing. :lol:

MSNBC platforming the one person most responsible for Trump being in office. Twitter was full of Hillary’s triumphant resurfacing last night. :ohno:

Good god I hate establishment Dems.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:15 am

MSNBC platforming the one person most responsible for Trump being in office. Twitter was full of Hillary’s triumphant resurfacing last night. :ohno:

Trump is now up on RICO charges, Biden is sinking further into his cognitive decline. Maybe Hillary sees this as her last chance to finally reach the promised land. I think it's still far off, but her throwing her hat in the ring wouldn't be the most shocking thing about 2024.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:28 am

Trump is now up on RICO charges, Biden is sinking further into his cognitive decline. Maybe Hillary sees this as her last chance to finally reach the promised land. I think it's still far off, but her throwing her hat in the ring wouldn't be the most shocking thing about 2024.
I’m thinking the exact same and it sucks. She would be almost guaranteed the nomination and have a decent shot in the general. This is why Dems can’t have nice things.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:48 am

I’m thinking the exact same and it sucks. She would be almost guaranteed the nomination and have a decent shot in the general. This is why Dems can’t have nice things.
She's easily the on-deck hitter for the Dems. Both Harris and Buttigieg would lose in the general to a host of GOP folks (and I actually like Buttigieg). The odd thing, though, is that she could actually lose to Trump again as GOP voters obviously get stirred up whenever the Clinton name comes up. It's not just a Dem problem, it's a problem with our politics currently.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:53 am

She's easily the on-deck hitter for the Dems. Both Harris and Buttigieg would lose in the general to a host of GOP folks (and I actually like Buttigieg). The odd thing, though, is that she could actually lose to Trump again as GOP voters obviously get stirred up whenever the Clinton name comes up. It's not just a Dem problem, it's a problem with our politics currently.
Newsome, cut from the same cloth, could also be in play but i still see a clearing of the deck if Hillary runs.

Independents along with base turnout win elections. I’m not seeing Hillary garner more support from independents than she did last time. Or the other aforementioned for that matter.

Unless Trump is the nominee. Which I still think he’ll be but the likelihood gap in that is obviously closing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Did Twitter change something? Only the link is posting for me now. Anyone else?

Perhaps it’s a sign. :mrgreen:

https://x.com/proustmalone/status/16912 ... LLEdWL4H3w
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:16 am
Newsome, cut from the same cloth, could also be in play but i still see a clearing of the deck if Hillary runs.

Independents along with base turnout win elections. I’m not seeing Hillary garner more support from independents than she did last time. Or the other aforementioned for that matter.

Unless Trump is the nominee. Which I still think he’ll be but the likelihood gap in that is obviously closing.
The Dems nominating Hillary would be as stupid as the Reps nominating trump. Independents would throw up in their mouths while voting for either. The Dems need someone who can excite the base without turning off the independents, that's not Hillary.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:16 am

I don't see Trump being displaced by someone from the "me Trump too" crowd - the lunatic fringe majority won't settle for Trump Lite. The establishment will have to go out to the fringes of the Party to find anybody with an ounce of common sense and the faintest glimmer of a clue and that will narrow it down to Hutchison, Scott, Christie, Hurd, all of whom I suspect would do real well in the General against Biden. The hot ticket will be if Trump v Christie debate can be happened...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

I agree.

However, if Biden is somehow not on the ticket, the hard core progressive wing will be Yasss Kweening her all the way to the convention. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:21 pm

I agree.

However, if Biden is somehow not on the ticket, the hard core progressive wing will be Yasss Kweening her all the way to the convention. :nod:
Progressives can’t stand the Clintons and have significant issues with Biden. They’ll just likely “hold their noses” like moderate conservatives did for Trump.

The center Dems are the ones who love the likes of Hillary and Kamala and Newsome.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

It wasn't GOP voters getting stirred up that cost her it was the progressives staying home.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:14 am

I agree with much of this post. We can all be guilty of these things including you my friend. ;)
I very much realize that. :kisswink: Which is why my personal ambition is to not repeat the sins of the past. Something you and many others should learn from. :coffee:

I have hope that you will someday realize what you are missing. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Hiliary would actually be an improvement over the current crop of Dems and their sycophants. She at least wants to protect her gravy train and that would be better for us all than the current crop of idiots that think they are saving us all.

(I just came from a CARB and EPA recap so I might be suffering from some serious jadedness and the level of stupidity and fanaticism reminds me of a southern baptist hellfire and brimstone preacher telling me I am going to hell)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

I do to. He does what he is told and nothing really changes. He is the proverbial milquetoast.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:30 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:21 pm
I agree.

Progressives can’t stand the Clintons and have significant issues with Biden. They’ll just likely “hold their noses” like moderate conservatives did for Trump.

The center Dems are the ones who love the likes of Hillary and Kamala and Newsome.
your first paragraph is spot on.

Your second paragraph is right about Hilliary and maybe Kamala (though she hasn't done anything to know where she really stands, that is if she stands at all on anything). Newsom, you are correct with regards to his public persona, what he actually does, he is most definitively not center (I suggest you take a real long look at the bills he has signed and directions given).

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:37 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:14 am

I very much realize that. :kisswink: Which is why my personal ambition is to not repeat the sins of the past. Something you and many others should learn from. :coffee:

I’m getting the impression you’re enjoying yourself here. :ohno:

:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:59 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:30 pm

Your second paragraph is right about Hilliary and maybe Kamala (though she hasn't done anything to know where she really stands, that is if she stands at all on anything). Newsom, you are correct with regards to his public persona, what he actually does, he is most definitively not center (I suggest you take a real long look at the bills he has signed and directions given).
Oh I’m aware. He’s a mix of corporatism with homages to the left to satisfy the base. It’s sound electoral politics without much principle. He too is a shining, slimy example of our state of affairs.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:52 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:37 am

I’m getting the impression you’re enjoying yourself here. :ohno:

:lol:

I do and I do not (and the do not is not anybody's fault but my own), which is why I have been absent and maybe absent in the future. As I have posted, I am heavily involved in many of the areas of discussion on here at work (which is very much behind the scenes and provides a perspective (IMHO) that is most definitely not common knowledge nor discussed by our current propaganda organizations (deliberately)) and I admit I forget that 99% of people are not as intimately involved and lose perspective.

Which means my frustration interferes with polite posting. Maybe I just starting using laughing emojis on those posts.

Either way my apologies Kalm.

My cup of tolerance for the amount of stupidity that this administration puts out and the past two carryover/regulations has been running over this year. The sheer amount of intolerance for what a business has to do to comply with some of the regulations, never-mind the science/technology denial has pushed that cup to being running over and it boiled over in that post.

FYI: If anybody is curious I believe it is $5500 dollars every year (up from $2500 during the four years of Trump, which is down from $3500/$4000 during Obama) a person looses to pay for complying with the government regulatory process. And expect that to go much, much higher if not worse.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:56 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:59 am

Oh I’m aware. He’s a mix of corporatism with homages to the left to satisfy the base. It’s sound electoral politics without much principle. He too is a shining, slimy example of our state of affairs.
His corporate homage is directly concentrated in business that fit his core beliefs and he pushes those beliefs with a fervor that would make him a great religious leader. (Which in many ways he is)

There is a reason his state has lost 1% plus of the top wage earners/producers.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:41 am
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:56 am

His corporate homage is directly concentrated in business that fit his core beliefs and he pushes those beliefs with a fervor that would make him a great religious leader. (Which in many ways he is)

There is a reason his state has lost 1% plus of the top wage earners/producers.
There’s obviously a strong connection to these two posts. ^^

These are the truly sober and worthy topics of discussion. We all have various degrees of insider knowledge and expertise.

I guarantee you I’m very much aware of how regulations impact business and private property…having been a part of litigating both including rulings from the WA State Supreme Court. You might even be surprised where I land in certain areas.