UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Common Sense Gun Control

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:05 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:36 am
As AZ stated, carrying concealed isn't a Constitutional right.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Is it an infringement to limit the definition of "arms"?

If semi-automatics are ok, why not full automatics? If full automatics are ok, why not bazookas, RPGs, etc.? If you can draw a line, where should it be drawn and how do you justify it?
Still waiting for an answer on whether it's an infringement to limit what kinds of "Arms" people can keep and bear?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:56 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Donks control every branch of government. Why have they not solved this problem yet? :coffee:

filibuster.

Is it Dumb Cunt's Day again already? Where did the time go?
Where's the legislation on this issue being held up by the filibuster? Post links, I'll wait. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:24 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:05 pm

But abortion is still cool though right?
Abortion is an abomination but should be legal. What's your point?
Point being those using this tragedy for political reasons are also more than likely the same ones claiming the murder of an unborn child as a civil right just a few days prior. The mental gymnastics regarding this point is quite telling.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:30 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Donks control every branch of government. Why have they not solved this problem yet? :coffee:
B/c they don't and you know that. B/c Donks and Republicans take turns at either being the Party of No Ideas or the Party of Bad Ideas.

Perhaps we should listen to our founding father Jefferson and renew our constitution every generation. 2A might get reaffirmed....we might put term limits in for Congress...hell we could go crazy and take away Due Process.
Donks are in control, they should fix this. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:57 pm Repeal the 2nd Amendment, or shut the fuck up. That's my stance on "common sense gun control". :coffee:
The shit-eaters usual one-note samba :coffee:
Repeal the 2nd Amendment or STFU. 8-)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:45 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:38 am

Right, because killing them in the womb is fine. Killing them after is a crime. Makes perfect sense.
It doesn't but who am I to say that someone shouldn't make that decision for themselves if they've been raped.

I'm as hypocritical as those gun and bible toting Christians that want to ban abortion but are ok with the death penalty. Pro-life shouldn't have exceptions, IMO. You're either for preserving all life or you aren't.
Not the same thing. Do better.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:54 pm

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If semi-automatics are ok, why not full automatics? If full automatics are ok, why not bazookas, RPGs, etc.? If you can draw a line, where should it be drawn and how do you justify it?
Still waiting for an answer on whether it's an infringement to limit what kinds of "Arms" people can keep and bear?
At least you didn’t harp on ‘well regulated’. In 1800th century vocab that meant proficient in arms (marksmanship).

I think full auto non crew serve (designed for single operator) should be allowed. Probably less dangerous with active shooter wingnuts, as would be less accurate on full auto vs semi, and burn through ammo faster.

As far as bazookas (WWII/Korean era weapon), RPGs, etc, now you’re talking explosives, which is an entirely different thing.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:14 am It’s pretty simple. Once again, you have a kid who wasn’t living with or raised by his parents. Absent parent households account for somewhere north of 90% of these shooters…..it ain’t rocket science.

But remember: promotion or celebration of the nuclear family concept is now considered “racist”.

The other primary issue? Access to massive amounts of information and the ability to envelope oneself in an information “bubble” that magnifies, confirms and justifies one’s “hatred”.
Yep this is what the Marxists want, to destroy the nuclear so the gubmint can step in and save the day.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Look up.

It had only been around 5 hours on a very active thread. I don’t live on here. Sometimes you need to wait 24-48 hours..
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:41 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:23 am That's all fair and valid but on the flip said - we're happy being governed by a document written by people who have not had to face our modern challenges?

And Elvis is certainly a problem. That hip shaking rock n roller. :evil:
I think it is written very well for the modern times myself. If you want something more prescriptive, get Congress to pass it. Seems to be more a failure of voters holding elected people responsible for their actions than a problem with the constitution. Voters are lazy, which leads to a lazy Congress doing whatever they want. And the cycle repeats.

If voters actually cared (and more people cared to vote) many of these so called problems would get looked at. But then it is easier to complain and point fingers at the other side rather than getting out and voicing ones opinion and working for change. I have said this before that our elected leaders are a reflection of the people who vote them in.

The topic of amending the Constitution to "fix" things isn't going to work any better than now as whatever it is amended to, is going to be set by the same people who run Congress now. It is a people problem first and foremost and more laws or amendments is going to do nothing for situations like this as it is the people that have to change first. If people want a feel good thing to happen they should go pet a puppy or kitten, as the feel good feeling will last as long and do just as much in the long run.
Exactly. Which is why I pay no attention to the "Constitutional Convention" talk. It would be one big clown show.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Random thoughts after reading this thread for a while…

I am adamantly pro-life…and just as opposed to the death penalty. I use to be adamantly pro-choice,and anti death penalty, but as I grew older, I realized the dichotomy of this view. Pre-born children have done nothing wrong, while prisoners on death row MAY deserve to die because of a heinous crime. So, I moved to the pro-life position, while maintaining a strong anti-death penalty position.

I am a strong supporter of the Constitution…and believe it can be amended using the process outlined in the Constitution. I am totally opposed to judges modifying it in rulings, or inventing things that are not in it.

“Common Sense” anything when attached to politician’s attempt to pass laws make me sick…that means they are determining what common sense is, and if I oppose their proposal, I must lack common sense. Bull shit!

I have read several people say that pro-2A supporters need to “compromise”. The definition of the word compromise is “a settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions.” Since 1934 with the National Firearms Act, gun owners have faced an estimated 3000 - 10000 gun control laws on the federal, state and local level. Those of you who want compromise, what are you willing to give back to Second Amendment supporters to get what you want.

I just watched a Democratic U.S. Senator ridicule the idea of securing schools, saying what do we want to make them…a prison? I say I want the same security a U.S. Senator gets while he or she is at work, as learning is our students work.

Our mental health system is broken, and people are afraid to report people with problems, or worse, fail to follow the law and put their information into the proper databases. Example: Jared Loughner, who shot and killed six people and injured Congresswoman Gabe Giffords. Simply put, Loughner was a total wack-job, known to the faculty at the Community college he attended…known to at least one law enforcement agency…but never properly treated and entered into the federal database that would have prevented him from legally buying his weapon. Another example is Devin Kelly, who killed 27 people at the Sutherland Springs Church. Kelly was convicted of domestic violence in a court martial while in the Air Force. But the Air Force neglected its duty and did not enter Kelly into the federal data base that would have prevented him from purchasing his weapons. ENFORCE THE FUCKING LAWS THAT ARE ON THE BOOKS before you go wildly passing new laws that impact law abiding citizens.

Just a few random thoughts…
Last edited by Col Hogan on Thu May 26, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:52 am

After 9/11we secured the cockpit. Let's spend the money to really secure the schools.
Can't, Ukraine needs it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Deleted, wrong thread.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:54 pm Still waiting for an answer on whether it's an infringement to limit what kinds of "Arms" people can keep and bear?
At least you didn’t harp on ‘well regulated’. In 1800th century vocab that meant proficient in arms (marksmanship).

I think full auto non crew serve (designed for single operator) should be allowed. Probably less dangerous with active shooter wingnuts, as would be less accurate on full auto vs semi, and burn through ammo faster.

As far as bazookas (WWII/Korean era weapon), RPGs, etc, now you’re talking explosives, which is an entirely different thing.
So an M240 is ok but a bazooka isn't? Why? Aren't you inhibiting what someone can possess by limiting the definition of "Arms"? If you can draw the line there, why can't you do it somewhere else?
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:54 pm Still waiting for an answer on whether it's an infringement to limit what kinds of "Arms" people can keep and bear?
Look up.

It had only been around 5 hours on a very active thread. I don’t live on here. Sometimes you need to wait 24-48 hours..
Why did you respond twice to the same post just 4 minutes apart?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Col Hogan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:17 pm Random thoughts after reading this thread for a while…

I am adamantly pro-life…and just as opposed to the death penalty. I use to be adamantly pro-choice,and anti death penalty, but as I grew older, I realized the dichotomy of this view. Pre-born children have done nothing wrong, while prisoners on death row MAY deserve to die because of a heinous crime. So, I moved to the pro-life position, while maintaining a strong anti-death penalty position.

I am a strong supporter of the Constitution…and believe it can be amended using the process outlined in the Constitution. I am totally opposed to judges modifying it in rulings, or inventing things that are not in it.

“Common Sense” anything when attached to politician’s attempt to pass laws make me sick…that means they are determining what common sense is, and if I oppose their proposal, I must lack common sense. Bull shit!

I have read several people say that pro-2A supporters need to “compromise”. The definition of the word compromise is “a settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions.” Since 1934 with the National Firearms Act, gun owners have faced an estimated 3000 - 10000 gun control laws on the federal, state and local level. Those of you who want compromise, what are you willing to give back to Second Amendment supporters to get what you want.

I just watched a Democratic U.S. Senator ridicule the idea of securing schools, saying what do we want to make them…a prison? I say I want the same security a U.S. Senator gets while he or she is at work, as learning is our students work.

Our mental health system is broken, and people are afraid to report people with problems, or worse, fail to follow the law and put their information into the proper databases. Example: Jared Loughner, who shot and killed six people and injured Congresswoman Gabe Giffords. Simply put, Loughner was a total wack-job, known to the faculty at the Community college he attended…known to at least one law enforcement agency…but never properly treated and entered into the federal database that would have prevented him from legally buying his weapon. Another example is Devin Kelly, who killed 27 people at the Sutherland Springs Church. Kelly was convicted of domestic violence in a court martial while in the Air Force. But the Air Force neglected its duty and did not enter Kelly into the federal data base that would have prevented him from purchasing his weapons. ENFORCE THE FUCKING LAWS THAT ARE ON THE BOOKS before you go wildly passing new laws that impact law abiding citizens.

Just a few random thoughts…
This is a logical and well thought post. Thank you Colonel.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:09 pm
It doesn't but who am I to say that someone shouldn't make that decision for themselves if they've been raped.

I'm as hypocritical as those gun and bible toting Christians that want to ban abortion but are ok with the death penalty. Pro-life shouldn't have exceptions, IMO. You're either for preserving all life or you aren't.
One innocent person being executed is one person too many.

I am against the death penalty but if we're going to have it, the standard of proof should require that there be absolutely no doubt.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:38 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:09 pm

I am against the death penalty but if we're going to have it, the standard of proof should require that there be absolutely no doubt.
Agree. Standard of proof should absolutely have the highest of standards to enact the death penalty.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:42 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:38 pm

Agree. Standard of proof should absolutely have the highest of standards to enact the death penalty.
I have shifted to that position on CP as well. ZERO doubt must exist. Like Jeffrey Dahmer-like zero doubt…
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:35 pm

So an M240 is ok but a bazooka isn't? Why? Aren't you inhibiting what someone can possess by limiting the definition of "Arms"? If you can draw the line there, why can't you do it somewhere else?
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:15 pm
Look up.

Why did repeat your question again to me after only about 5 hours?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:06 am
houndawg wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:42 am

You always have the most idiotic analogies. :coffee:
There’s nothing idiotic about it. Dems are fine with killing 600,000 kids a year by doctors, but go apoplectic about 18 being killed by a mentally deranged idiot.

Even YOU should be able to figure out the giant hypocrisy in those two positions.
As if you people give a fiddler's fuck about those kids :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:35 pm So an M240 is ok but a bazooka isn't? Why? Aren't you inhibiting what someone can possess by limiting the definition of "Arms"? If you can draw the line there, why can't you do it somewhere else?
Why did repeat your question again to me after only about 5 hours?
Did I repeat my question? Or did I quote it and state that I was still waiting for an answer after it was in danger of being buried by new posts on what we agree is "a very active thread"?

Most posters were smart enough to avoid responding. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:10 am

Equating abortion and the death penalty is a giant straw man, Mark. Children in the womb have done nothing wrong. Those who’s lives are ended with the death penalty? Not so much….
So is equating abortion and school shootings, dumbass. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:14 am
houndawg wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:27 am

I don't live in NY, don't know. I'm sure we'll hear all the usual reasons why we can't stop this from happening in the only country where it happens regularly.

You know what I'd like to see? Pictures of the slaughter released to the public, in the spirit of Emmitt Till's mother. Let the public see what an AR can do to a child and why parents are having to give dna samples to identify their kid and then let the shit-eater Republicans explain why the status quo is the only way forward. :ohno:
I would like to see the name of the shooter with-held from the media, and not be publicized. You can keep blaming it on Republicans, but it's a societal issue. When I was a juror, they showed us pictures of the burned victim that was shot in the head. They didn't show us enough evidence to convict the person on trial. Shock and awe doesn't always work.
Not with these fuckwit so-called leaders of ours - a year and a half ago these motherfuckers were cowering under their own desks at the Capital waiting for somebody to shoot them and now they're going to wash their hands of this thing. Too bad the Gravy SEALS didn't have the balls to cap a few of them, that might have finally gotten through
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

They are. :coffee:

And the guy that shot up the country music show out west with the bump stock got pretty good results. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Donks clearly aren’t serious about school safety, at least Schumer isn’t, as he blocked the School Safety bill in the Senate.