BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:37 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:37 am A little late..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... eral-lands
Wut? :?

The price of oil is back down from the stratosphere and Smokin' Joe will have the pump price of gasoline back down in time for the election.

Patience, grasshopper... :coffee:
:dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:44 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:37 am

Wut? :?

The price of oil is back down from the stratosphere and Smokin' Joe will have the pump price of gasoline back down in time for the election.

Patience, grasshopper... :coffee:
don't worry we got this
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

With any issue, there are second, third, and sometimes fourth order impacts…

Here’s an interesting read on some of them from the Russian invasion of Ukraine…

https://warontherocks.com/2022/05/beiji ... attle-lab/
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:54 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:44 am
don't worry we got this
Crude oil up 2.17% today…closing at $110.61 a barrel…the highest in months…

You got it… :rofl:

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Unconfirmed report that another Russian warship has been struck by a Ukrainian missile…
Reports coming from Ukraine state that the Russian navy Frigate, Admiral Makarov has been hit by a missile and is on fire near Snake Island in the Black Sea. The video below shows what it reported to be the frigate on fire and adrift while being filmed by the helicopter orbiting the vessel.

There are unconfirmed reports as this is being written that short burst morse code transmissions are being received saying,

“We are sinking”

https://sofrep.com/news/nyet-again-anot ... e-missile/

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:58 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:54 pm

don't worry we got this

What?

No "drill baby, drill"?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:45 am
Col Hogan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:58 pm

What?

No "drill baby, drill"?
Drilling dry holes on useless leases ain’t gonna move the needle.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:23 am
houndawg wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:45 am

What?

No "drill baby, drill"?
Drilling dry holes on useless leases ain’t gonna move the needle.
Why keep a useless lease?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:13 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:13 pm

Running on an anti-corruption platform is just rhetoric. I don't think we were dragged into anything, we chose to be there. The question now is how much more of "us" will be dragged into it.

When did this war start, and by whom?

I'd love to hear you state your case as to why this invasion isn't 100% on Putin. It hard to believe that you still think anybody would swallow your bullshit given all the real time information available to the public that proves you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Did you not check out the osi sources that CID sourced for you? The amount of ice needed to cool that burn would raise the sea level 10' :rofl:
Because this blood feud goes farther back than this past Feb. :lol:

And I still :lol: at the thought of Cid rage quitting because people didn't believe him and his "intel". :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:28 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:39 pm

Giddy? Naw. Anyone with a brain knew Ukraine had no chance at a conventional war without US/NATO boots on the ground or enforcement of a no fly zone against Russia. The only people surprised are the people that bought into the "Ukraine is winning" narratives. The longer this draws on, the weaker hand Ukraine has in negotiations with Russia.

Better question you should be asking is who is encouraging Ukraine to fight on and why.
Just the opposite, amigo. No way Russia can sustain the costs of keeping an occupying Army in Ukraine, in blood or money. You are overestimating their abilities - they're tough against civilians but strictly third world vs Ukraine and NATO weaponry. Conscripts that are breaking their own equipment to avoid combat vs. people defending their homes? Seriously, dude....whats with all this commie sympathizer crap? A Democrat gets elected and overnight you become a COMSYMP? ..... SDHornet :ohno:
A 3rd world country wasn't going to beat a nuclear power in a conventional war without US/NATO boots on the ground. If that realization makes you mad to the point of calling me names, then knock yourself out. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:09 pm Unconfirmed report that another Russian warship has been struck by a Ukrainian missile…
Reports coming from Ukraine state that the Russian navy Frigate, Admiral Makarov has been hit by a missile and is on fire near Snake Island in the Black Sea. The video below shows what it reported to be the frigate on fire and adrift while being filmed by the helicopter orbiting the vessel.

There are unconfirmed reports as this is being written that short burst morse code transmissions are being received saying,

“We are sinking”

https://sofrep.com/news/nyet-again-anot ... e-missile/
There were photos of this ship in port at Sevastopol on the 7th.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:56 am

Why do you keep throwing out this straw man? At least you’ve acknowledged that war crimes against civilians are happening so I guess that’s a start

Nobody is sending our troops to Ukraine. It has been said over and over that we are releasing intelligence to try to pre-empt Putin from using chemical weapons. Before, it was to try to pre-empt him from using a false flag to invade in the first place.

Nobody is trying to get us into a shooting war with Russia except retired or unemployed talking heads on CNN with zero policy pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donk Congresscritter: "We've got to realize we're at war...we're fundamentally at war, although somewhat through a proxy, with Russia"

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:20 pm
Just the opposite, amigo. No way Russia can sustain the costs of keeping an occupying Army in Ukraine, in blood or money. You are overestimating their abilities - they're tough against civilians but strictly third world vs Ukraine and NATO weaponry. Conscripts that are breaking their own equipment to avoid combat vs. people defending their homes? Seriously, dude....whats with all this commie sympathizer crap? A Democrat gets elected and overnight you become a COMSYMP? ..... SDHornet :ohno:
A 3rd world country wasn't going to beat a nuclear power in a conventional war without US/NATO boots on the ground. If that realization makes you mad to the point of calling me names, then knock yourself out. :coffee:
Is Ukraine a 3rd world country? I would call them 2nd world and Russia might have nukes but they're also a 2nd world country.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:52 pm

Is Ukraine a 3rd world country? I would call them 2nd world and Russia might have nukes but they're also a 2nd world country.
Eh, Russia's military capabilities were always much greater than Ukraine's. Ukraine is an example of why you don't give up your nukes...ever.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:52 pm

Eh, Russia's military capabilities were always much greater than Ukraine's. Ukraine is an example of why you don't give up your nukes...ever.
While Ukraine may not be doing as well as some think they are definitely exposing the Russian military for the paper tiger that it is. Russia may have nukes but they're a 2nd world country at best.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:20 pmA 3rd world country wasn't going to beat a nuclear power in a conventional war without US/NATO boots on the ground. If that realization makes you mad to the point of calling me names, then knock yourself out. :coffee:
Someone should probably review some of their postwar history. Replete with examples of developing countries holding off nuclear powers. :coffee:

Ukraine doesn't need boots on the ground. Zelenskiy hasn't been begging for US or NATO troops, he has been pleading for equipment.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:48 am
I saw a similar map. Russia has limited industrial power and this is not sustainable. Chinese tech companies are also threatening to cut off relations.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I don't condone this kind of thing, I don't think you need to assault someone to get a message across. With that said, how did this guy or his staff not realize that this was possible, actually probable, if he came to such a public event like this, in Poland (who already doesn't like Russia), when that country is taking in millions of refugees from a war that your country started? So dumb.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:49 am
I don't condone this kind of thing, I don't think you need to assault someone to get a message across. With that said, how did this guy or his staff not realize that this was possible, actually probable, if he came to such a public event like this, in Poland (who already doesn't like Russia), when that country is taking in millions of refugees from a war that your country started? So dumb.
Yeah, the guy obviously isn't getting the memo's that say Russia is pretty much hated all around the world except for in China, maybe North Korea, Cuba and Mar-a-Lago.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Dude. They're doing it right now. Russian morale is in the toilet according to intercepted transmissions; they're monkeywrenching their own tanks to avoid battle. That's a bad sign for your side, comrade.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:10 pm

Dude. They're doing it right now. Russian morale is in the toilet according to intercepted transmissions; they're monkeywrenching their own tanks to avoid battle. That's a bad sign for your side, comrade.
:rofl: Stop watching Rachel Maddow!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:07 am
houndawg wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:10 pm

:rofl: Stop watching Rachel Maddow!
It’s widely reported.