4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:05 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:58 am

It's also fair to speculate that many of the people with Covid listed as cause of death, did not die from the virus.

"We also know it's probably" is one of the weakest statements somebody could make. :coffee:
Regardless it’s still killed a shit ton of people, would have killed a shit ton more without interventions, would have a killed a shit ton less if more people would have taken those interventions seriously.

Then there’s compromised healthcare systems, long term effects which we’re still learning about, and the the fact, it’s still here and probably for years to come.
Can you die of two things at once? Can heart disease or obesity be a cause of death along with Covid? Is it like a QB being credited with 3 TDs when he threw for 2 and ran for 1?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Again from ABCNews, 7 day moving average:

COVID Cases: down 23%
COVID Deaths: down 5%
COVID Hospitalizations: down 4%
COVID Vaccinations: up 10%

Things seem to be trending in pretty good directions, and this is anywhere from a week to a month of school starts, depending on where you live, and we're a good week out now from Labor Day and even a little longer for jam-packed college football stadiums around the country.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:31 pm

Regardless it’s still killed a shit ton of people, would have killed a shit ton more without interventions, would have a killed a shit ton less if more people would have taken those interventions seriously.

Then there’s compromised healthcare systems, long term effects which we’re still learning about, and the the fact, it’s still here and probably for years to come.
Can you die of two things at once? Can heart disease or obesity be a cause of death along with Covid? Is it like a QB being credited with 3 TDs when he threw for 2 and ran for 1?
Yes.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Would you have lived longer with the heart disease and obesity if you did not catch covid?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:40 pm
Would you have lived longer with the heart disease and obesity if you did not catch covid?
No. But Covid may not have killed them without the HD or O. I'm just wondering if they are counted in both columns in this case. Seems like it should. It probably took two to tango in many cases.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:45 pm

No. But Covid may not have killed them without the HD or O. I'm just wondering if they are counted in both columns in this case. Seems like it should. It probably took two to tango in many cases.
Yes you can have multiple. They had a stat earlier on, that 10% were people that died from other conditions, but also had Covid.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Here's a better way to explain it, from a MD

Dr. Marc Larsen, an emergency medicine physician who serves as Incident Command Operations Chair for COVID-19 at St. Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas ( here ), told Reuters via email that when filling out death certificates, physicians will typically use a standard format and list the primary cause of death as well as other contributing factors.

He provided an analogy to someone dying of a gunshot wound whose death certificate might list gunshot wound, along with hemorrhagic shock and liver laceration, as causes of death, with homelessness (associated with more exposure to potential violence, here ), as a contributing factor. For someone who died of COVID-19, the death certificate might read COVID-19, as well as pneumonia and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) as causes of death, with diabetes and hypertension as contributing factors.

Dr. Larsen said that in both cases, “without those two triggers,” a gunshot wound and COVID-19, “the death would not have occurred. Nothing that appears after those primary diagnoses would have transpired had it not been for the primary event. In these examples, the patients did not die directly from being homeless or being diabetic with hypertension, however, they were contributing factors.”
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning

A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

"The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ng/620062/
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Not sure if you noticed the stats I posted showing 6% of deaths can be attributed solely to Covid. All others had contributing factors.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 pm
Not sure if you noticed the stats I posted showing 6% of deaths can be attributed solely to Covid. All others had contributing factors.
In other words, you rarely die from JUST COVID if you’re a healthy individual. COVID loves weakness.

Darwin’s theory at work.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:02 pm

Dr. Marc Larsen, an emergency medicine physician who serves as Incident Command Operations Chair for COVID-19 at St. Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas ( here ), told Reuters via email that when filling out death certificates, physicians will typically use a standard format and list the primary cause of death as well as other contributing factors.

He provided an analogy to someone dying of a gunshot wound whose death certificate might list gunshot wound, along with hemorrhagic shock and liver laceration, as causes of death, with homelessness (associated with more exposure to potential violence, here ), as a contributing factor. For someone who died of COVID-19, the death certificate might read COVID-19, as well as pneumonia and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) as causes of death, with diabetes and hypertension as contributing factors.

Dr. Larsen said that in both cases, “without those two triggers,” a gunshot wound and COVID-19, “the death would not have occurred. Nothing that appears after those primary diagnoses would have transpired had it not been for the primary event. In these examples, the patients did not die directly from being homeless or being diabetic with hypertension, however, they were contributing factors.”
What a horrible analogy by that doctor. The gunshot wound specifically CAUSED the hemorrhaging and liver laceration in his example. Obesity did not CAUSE the COVID. It merely attacks the weakest and unhealthiest.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm

What a horrible analogy by that doctor. The gunshot wound specifically CAUSED the hemorrhaging and liver laceration in his example. Obesity did not CAUSE the COVID. It merely attacks the weakest and unhealthiest.
Covid attacks everyone. If Covid causes your co-morbidities to fail, it's a Covid cause death and the co-morbidity is a contributor.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:04 pm

Covid attacks everyone. If Covid causes your co-morbidities to fail, it's a Covid cause death and the co-morbidity is a contributor.
Doesn’t make the analogy any less horrible. And believe you me, I KNOW horrible analogies.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm

Doesn’t make the analogy any less horrible. And believe you me, I KNOW horrible analogies.
Doesn't really matter, you get the gest. Introducing Covid, causes the person to die, years before they normally would die.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Doesn't really matter, you get the gest. Introducing Covid, causes the person to die, years before they normally would die.
So they died with COVID and not from COVID?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

But covid didn’t cause the comorbidities like the bullet did. Shallow thinking from a shallow doctor…

But at least we’re talking about the actual CAUSES of COVID’s death rate now, because they’ve been largely ignored up to this point.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:59 pm

So they died with COVID and not from COVID?
No, die from covid, with a contributing factor.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 pm

But covid didn’t cause the comorbidities like the bullet did. Shallow thinking from a shallow doctor…

But at least we’re talking about the actual CAUSES of COVID’s death rate now, because they’ve been largely ignored up to this point.
No, I've always said this, while you were listening to the MSM.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Trump should have started a National jumping Jack/keto diet campaign from the very start…

:ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:59 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:34 am

Yes. And the use of ellipses in the quote hide a lot of context in between. National File basically created a new sentence.

Good example of misinformation though.
“So I just want to say we have to be more blunt, we have to be more forceful, we have to see something coming out: ‘If you don’t get vaccinated, you know you’re going to die,'” Rudyk said, laughing. “I mean let’s just be really blunt with these people.”

If you don't get vaccinated, there's a .03% chance you're going to die. Talk about misinformation. She's the fucking queen of it.
Exactly. Old, weak and fat people should be worried, but other than that the odds are in your favor.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 am Holy crap. Don't know where I got 6 comorbidities per COVID death. Maybe that was the original data sets... picking off the low hanging fruit first.

Anywho. Latest CDC stats.

78.1% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 65.
94.7% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 50.
6% of TOTAL DEATHS are attributed to Covid only.
94% of TOTAL DEATHS have an average of 2.9 co-morbidities (12/6/20).
Another reason why I'm not putting this shit in my kid. There is no data to support vaccinations in children. Absolutely none. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:35 pm Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning

A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

"The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ng/620062/
It's almost like the hospitals have a financial incentive to see if their patients have the China Virus....hhhmmm....
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :notworthy:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

This is what they do when they step off the mental plantation. The irony in this black on black hit is that the vaccine mandates will disproportionally impact communities of color...essentially ushering in a new "Jim Crow" era...

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Maybe you're right. Stupidity is also a weakness and not getting vaccinated could be considered stupid.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm