How Many Sh*ts Do You Give About the Olympics? (

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Olympics Sh*t-o-Meter

Poll ended at Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:15 am

27%
13%
13%
20%
No votes
20%
SuperHorney
7%

Total votes: 15

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: How Many Sh*ts Do You Give About the Olympics? (

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:02 pm
Gil Dobie wrote:
How do we know they are not proud of their country? The are millionaires, taking time away from families and friend to represent the USA in the Olympics. They get a per diem, and if they do win Gold, $37,500. Which ones are not proud Americans. Sure, many think the justice system is not just, but they can still be proud Americans.

Bam Adebayo Miami Heat
Bradley Beal Washington Wizards
Devin Booker Phoenix Suns
Kevin Durant Brooklyn Nets
Jerami Grant Detroit Pistons
Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
Jrue Holiday Milwaukee Bucks
Zach LaVine Chicago Bulls
Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers
Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
Jayson Tatum Boston Celtics
You did a lot of research in the service of missing my point.

I root against them because 1. they are NBA players (yes, gross generalization), 2. they will perform a protest stunt on the podium in front of an international audience with 99.9% certainty, and 3. they have been nurtured and WELL paid by the very system they will protest.

I defend my country every day from very significant threats and have done so for decades, wearing many different hats. I have lived and worked in war zones, both domestic and abroad. I have seen all the alternatives, up close and personal.

I support these Americans’ right to be wrong, pampered, and shielded from the real world as they see fit. But they do not deserve Olympic metal and I will root for their underdog opponents in every contest, especially those opponents from struggling but as yet insecure democracies where US visas are worth their weight in platinum gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:notworthy: :notworthy: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie wrote:
How do we know they are not proud of their country? The are millionaires, taking time away from families and friend to represent the USA in the Olympics. They get a per diem, and if they do win Gold, $37,500. Which ones are not proud Americans. Sure, many think the justice system is not just, but they can still be proud Americans.

Bam Adebayo Miami Heat
Bradley Beal Washington Wizards
Devin Booker Phoenix Suns
Kevin Durant Brooklyn Nets
Jerami Grant Detroit Pistons
Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
Jrue Holiday Milwaukee Bucks
Zach LaVine Chicago Bulls
Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers
Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
Jayson Tatum Boston Celtics

I root against them because 1. they are NBA players (yes, gross generalization), 2. they will perform a protest stunt on the podium in front of an international audience with 99.9% certainty, and 3. they have been nurtured and WELL paid by the very system they will protest.

I defend my country every day from very significant threats and have done so for decades, wearing many different hats. I have lived and worked in war zones, both domestic and abroad. I have seen all the alternatives, up close and personal.

I support these Americans’ right to be wrong, pampered, and shielded from the real world as they see fit. But they do not deserve Olympic metal and I will root for their underdog opponents in every contest, especially those opponents from struggling but as yet insecure democracies where US visas are worth their weight in platinum gold.

I have deep respect for the military and law enforcement, and your lifetime commitment to making the world safe for others. I don't believe any of these players are protesting this, and yes there are better ways to get their message across. They are protesting the portion of the justice system that is treating African Americans differently than other citizens. That's the entire justice system, not just a few bad apples in the police force, but the court system too. The Minnesota Supreme Court had a task force that revealed that African Americans were given higher fines, longer sentences, were less likely to have charges dropped or reduced compared to white defendants. The protest may be an example of the best intentions pave the road to hell, but their intentions appear to be good. Even though they are using tactics that look anti-American, I doubt they dislike America, and people are talking about these issues. Any of the NBA players that dislike America, are probably not voluntarily going to play for Team USA.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:02 pm You did a lot of research in the service of missing my point.

I have deep respect for the military and law enforcement, and your lifetime commitment to making the world safe for others. I don't believe any of these players are protesting this, and yes there are better ways to get their message across. They are protesting the portion of the justice system that is treating African Americans differently than other citizens. That's the entire justice system, not just a few bad apples in the police force, but the court system too. The Minnesota Supreme Court had a task force that revealed that African Americans were given higher fines, longer sentences, were less likely to have charges dropped or reduced compared to white defendants. The protest may be an example of the best intentions pave the road to hell, but their intentions appear to be good. Even though they are using tactics that look anti-American, I doubt they dislike America, and people are talking about these issues. Any of the NBA players that dislike America, are probably not voluntarily going to play for Team USA.
Me: “I hope these spoiled millionaires lose a couple basketball games.”

Half of CS.com: ERMAGHERD!!!

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I don’t care if the USA is off the medal stand in hoops. Just as long as the Red Chinese don’t win it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:43 pm I don’t care if the USA is off the medal stand in hoops. Just as long as the Red Chinese don’t win it.
Not likely. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Sovs win it (or at least are the ones to knock out USA)....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:27 pm
Gil Dobie wrote:
Me: “I hope these spoiled millionaires lose a couple basketball games.”

Half of CS.com: ERMAGHERD!!!
I don't have a problem with what you've posted. You're consistent.

I may cheer for Team USA as a whole but I also won't shed a tear if athletes who disrespect the country and the opportunity that it's given them get hit by a bus.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:42 am

Was that a state-wide or nation-wide study? If it were just state-wide, it's sad that it would happen in a state where a member of the State Supreme Court was as well-known as Alan Page, who should have been placed on SCOTUS....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:47 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:43 pm I don’t care if the USA is off the medal stand in hoops. Just as long as the Red Chinese don’t win it.
Not likely. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Sovs win it (or at least are the ones to knock out USA)....
Well, Fvck them, too! Damn borscht-eating, vodka-swilling swine!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:47 pm
Did the Russians even qualify?

I think Spain and Australia are the major contenders behind the USA.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:00 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:42 am

Was that a state-wide or nation-wide study? If it were just state-wide, it's sad that it would happen in a state where a member of the State Supreme Court was as well-known as Alan Page, who should have been placed on SCOTUS....
Alan Page was involved

The chair of the Committee, Supreme Court Associate Justice Alan Page and the vice chair Honorable
Tanya Bransford, presented the Committee’s final work plan report to the Judicial Council on January 21,
2011. A copy of the work plan report is attached as Appendix B.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Aging, overmatched, slow, self-centered Team Rapinoe got skunked by the gorgeous, faster, more athletic, better prepared, more focused Swedes who obviously love their country, 3-nil! Go, Svenska!

Fixed my own post!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Ivytalk on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:Team LGBTRapinoe got skunked by the gorgeous hetero Swedes, 3-nil! Go, Svenska!
Saw the replay of that game yesterday.

Team Sweden is definitely not doing anything to dispel the stereotypes... not a brunette on the team! And there’s a tall gal who’s quite a looker

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 pm Team LGBTRapinoe got skunked by the gorgeous hetero Swedes, 3-nil! Go, Svenska!
Cheering against the USA just because you think there are more lesbians on the US squad. Shame on you. Why are you so anti-American?

Sorry you are such a fucking snowflake you can't stand women that promote equality.

BTW, numbnuts, there are more lesbians on the Swedish team, so GFY, bigot.
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:15 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 pm Team LGBTRapinoe got skunked by the gorgeous hetero Swedes, 3-nil! Go, Svenska!
Cheering against the USA just because you think there are more lesbians on the US squad. Shame on you. Why are you so anti-American?

Sorry you are such a fucking snowflake you can't stand women that promote equality.

There's a lot of Thespians on both teams. Act like they are hurt, until nobody is watching.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

I knew you’d crawl out from under your far-left rock sooner or later. Piss off, crybaby. And take the men’s basketball team with you. :tothehand:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:

NFL kneeling - no biggie, justified

Rapinoe theatrics - no biggie, justified

National Anthem protest all over collegiate sports- no biggie, justified

Ivy glad USWST loses to Sweden - %^*?>! motherfucker%^+¥# bigot %£*^% tantrum tantrum tantrum

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Upon further review, I decided to edit my incendiary soccer post to remove unnecessary content while making the same essential point. :nod: See above.

Take that, you rock-crawling, crybaby, far-left amphibian!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Why did I think it was 6-0? SMH....

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:08 pm

I knew you’d crawl out from under your far-left rock sooner or later. Piss off, crybaby. And take the men’s basketball team with you. :tothehand:
Far left :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am closer to the center than any of you jagoffs
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:10 pm
dbackjon wrote:

NFL kneeling - no biggie, justified

Rapinoe theatrics - no biggie, justified

National Anthem protest all over collegiate sports- no biggie, justified

Ivy glad USWST loses to Sweden - %^*?>! motherfucker%^+¥# bigot %£*^% tantrum tantrum tantrum

Hating America - but that is typical for the right.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

BTW - Swedish players all kneeled as well.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Sure, if Marx was a centrist. ;)

The CS.com center is defined by Ganny, Ibanez, CID and me (sorry if I missed anyone). AZ is closer to the center than you are.

PS - you're from downstate Illinois, stop culturally appropriating the Chicago term "jagoff".
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Don’t bullshit me. Mao would blush with envy of your economic theories.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:BTW - Swedish players all kneeled as well.
Cool story, bro

They also kicked our asses up over our shoulders

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Summer Olympics - Zero
Winter - Two

And that is despite having more summer items that I am interested in. I just don't care about the Olympics from the IOC scandals, to doping players, cheating countries, it is hard to give a shit about what boils down to who can cheat without getting caught.

CID said it the best. Represent your country warts and all, but do your best to make it proud. I support you having every right to have an opinion, just doesn't mean I give a shit about it.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein