Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:48 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:15 am

My favorite was how it was racist to require ID to register, only to see the Dems agree it was just fine if it helped to pass Manchin's version.
I'm still amused that we're fine with the idea of requiring vaccine passports, or ID if you will, to do a lot of things (board planes, attend concerts, go to school, etc) but the idea of requiring ID to vote is still controversial.

There is a system of perfectly acceptable voter ID and registration and other laws that everyone should be able to agree on. However, neither side likes to talk in reality, just hyperbole, so we get the mess we have right now.
Apologies I don't have the survey handy, but the latest one I saw actually had minorities at a higher level of support for voter IDs vs the white majority.

Take that statement with a grain of salt, as I venture to some rather interesting websites! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 am

I'm still amused that we're fine with the idea of requiring vaccine passports, or ID if you will, to do a lot of things (board planes, attend concerts, go to school, etc) but the idea of requiring ID to vote is still controversial.

There is a system of perfectly acceptable voter ID and registration and other laws that everyone should be able to agree on. However, neither side likes to talk in reality, just hyperbole, so we get the mess we have right now.
Apologies I don't have the survey handy, but the latest one I saw actually had minorities at a higher level of support for voter IDs vs the white majority.

Take that statement with a grain of salt, as I venture to some rather interesting websites! :lol:
Hell, the woke left's entire assertion that "blacks and other minorities are just too stupid to get an ID" is racist in and of itself. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Where is StOnge? Judge rules Maddow is NOT news.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-cour ... ws-viewers
A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow's Viewers Know She Offers Exaggeration and Opinion, Not Facts

"Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news," an Obama-appointed judge ruled.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

As long as the gubmint provides the ID at no cost.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:30 am

Agreed. I also saw the gubmint finally took one of my long time ideas. Hire people to go to homes of those that cannot make it to an ID facility.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:36 am

Agreed. I also saw the gubmint finally took one of my long time ideas. Hire people to go to homes of those that cannot make it to an ID facility.
Do it through the DMV.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:13 am

Hell, the woke left's entire assertion that "blacks and other minorities are just too stupid to get an ID" is racist in and of itself. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
...but...but...but...Stacey said for years that voter ID is racist and Jim Crowish. :suspicious:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:25 am Where is StOnge? Judge rules Maddow is NOT news.

A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow's Viewers Know She Offers Exaggeration and Opinion, Not Facts

"Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news," an Obama-appointed judge ruled.
Anyone watching Maddow, Scarborough, Hannity, Carlson for news is an idiot. They're opinion shows not factual shows.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:48 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:25 am Where is StOnge? Judge rules Maddow is NOT news.

Anyone watching Maddow, Scarborough, Hannity, Carlson for news is an idiot. They're opinion shows not factual shows.
Exactly, but that doesn't stop a shit ton of people from saying a network is biased. I always ask that question when I hear that statement - are you talking news division or political commentary division.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Georgia has been giving free ID's to voters for years now, but ask Stacey, we're Jim Crow 2.0.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:51 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:48 am

Exactly, but that doesn't stop a shit ton of people from saying a network is biased. I always ask that question when I hear that statement - are you talking news division or political commentary division.
At this point - it doesn't matter. Fox News is Republican / Conservative shitte and drivel. MSNBC is Democratic / Progressive shitte and drivel. New or political commentary - the line is so blurred there's hardly a difference.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 pm

At this point - it doesn't matter. Fox News is Republican / Conservative shitte and drivel. MSNBC is Democratic / Progressive shitte and drivel. New or political commentary - the line is so blurred there's hardly a difference.
yep. There is no "news" division anymore. :ohno: :ohno:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Agreed. Got three words for you.

The Conversation Treehouse. :lol: :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:47 pm

What happens in the Conversation Treehouse? Is going there with you similar to going on a paddling trip with Kalm? :?: :?: :?:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Are they better than The Conservative Treehouse? :mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:03 pm

What happens in the Conversation Treehouse? Is going there with you similar to going on a paddling trip with Kalm? :?: :?: :?:
Yes. We talk a lot, but nothing happens. Effin auto correct.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Are they better than The Conservative Treehouse? :mrgreen:
Of course... because they talk about it first. :doh:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

You left off CNN being Democratic / Progressive shitte and drivel.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

My new go to is the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton show.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:06 pm
There too much shitte and drivel on both sides to waste time trying to identify all of the sources.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:09 am It’s official HR-1, the democrat bill to rig elections, goes down in flames. And the leftist tears are flowing as they lash out in anger.. :lol:
My favorite was how it was racist to require ID to register, only to see the Dems agree it was just fine if it helped to pass Manchin's version.
The abrupt about face the Dems have done on voter ID this week is amazing

I may have a case of vertigo

I’m not much on meticulously going back in time with the forum search engine like folks like Reek, but I bet there are some very interesting condemnations of voter ID right here on this very forum

In a week or two they’ll be blank with an “edited” marker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 pm
There too much shitte and drivel on both sides to waste time trying to identify all of the sources.
* There’s

There is still quite a bit of quality journalism out there but less and less from corporate media. It’s almost as if they thrive off of tribalism and sensationalism. 8-)

But it’s still the responsibility of the consumer to read between the lines and remain skeptical.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:14 pm

* There’s

There is still quite a bit of quality journalism out there but less and less from corporate media. It’s almost as if they thrive off of tribalism and sensationalism. 8-)

But it’s still the responsibility of the consumer to read between the lines and remain skeptical.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Like the average American even remotely understands the concept of “responsibility”. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

There too much shitte and drivel on this board to waste time trying to identify all of the sources.
FYP
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

No. I made my point with the 2 examples.