kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 am
SeattleGriz wrote:Hmm. As always, will have to see if this is actually true, or disinformation.

It ultimately won’t matter.

It is good that there is honest inquiry finally happening, but in terms of actual proof I believe we will always be stuck with two plausible possibilities - zoonotic transfer and lab leak, leaning towards lab leak.

But the CCP is NEVER going to be forthcoming on this and they are already flexing on their co-opted countries for top cover in the UN.

And so where we are now is probably where we will remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This seems highly likely.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:18 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm Minnesota Menards

On the same day that the CDC changed its face mask guidance and Gov. Tim Walz announced Minnesota would be lifting its mask mandate, an angry exchanger over face masks happened at a Menards checkout.

Video of the incident was shared to Facebook by Laura Therese, who was waiting in line behind a man and woman who were at the till at Menards in Buffalo, Minnesota.

The man was involved in a heated exchange with the checkout worker, who refused to ring him up until he put a face mask on.

This was before Minnesota's face mask mandate was lifted on Friday. Even though the mandate has been lifted, only fully vaccinated people can stop wearing face masks indoors, and individual businesses are still permitted to require masks be worn.

In this instance, it's not clear if the man at the till has been vaccinated, but either way, Menards still requires face masks be worn by all customers inside its stores.
Gil, are you still scared after all these months? You’re vaccinated. Live your life.
Look who came out of hiding. If you had been following along, you would see I'm pointing out BS on both sides.

And welcome the fuck back :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 am
SeattleGriz wrote:Hmm. As always, will have to see if this is actually true, or disinformation.

It ultimately won’t matter.

It is good that there is honest inquiry finally happening, but in terms of actual proof I believe we will always be stuck with two plausible possibilities - zoonotic transfer and lab leak, leaning towards lab leak.

But the CCP is NEVER going to be forthcoming on this and they are already flexing on their co-opted countries for top cover in the UN.

And so where we are now is probably where we will remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not disagreeing with you, simply trying to keep continuity on the defector story.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Looking at World-o-meter 7 day avg us cases now 14.7k a day, down 96% from Jan peak 350+k a day. Deaths 378, down 89% from Jan peak 3500+ a day.

Anyone who wants a vaccine has gotten it (or could gave).Zero reason for anyone to be wearing masks now.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:32 pm Looking at World-o-meter 7 day avg us cases now 14.7k a day, down 96% from Jan peak 350+k a day. Deaths 378, down 89% from Jan peak 3500+ a day.

Anyone who wants a vaccine has gotten it (or could gave).Zero reason for anyone to be wearing masks now.
Unless a businesses requests it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:09 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:32 pm Looking at World-o-meter 7 day avg us cases now 14.7k a day, down 96% from Jan peak 350+k a day. Deaths 378, down 89% from Jan peak 3500+ a day.

If a business has a sign saying masks required you can ignore it and most of the time no one will say anything to you. A lot of these businesses only had that sign up because of state mandates, or for liability reasons, but didn’t enforce it.

And if someone does say something to you, you can take your business somewhere else. Unless you live in a liberal donkistan, there are plenty other places where no one will say anything to you.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:24 pm

If a business has a sign saying masks required you can ignore it and most of the time no one will say anything to you. A lot of these businesses only had that sign up because of state mandates, or for liability reasons, but didn’t enforce it.

And if someone does say something to you, you can take your business somewhere else. Unless you live in a liberal donkistan, there are plenty other places where no one will say anything to you.
Of you can simply show respect and do the right thing.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:49 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Which is exactly what he’s saying. RIF.... :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wow. John Rahm just got bent over and fucked hard by the PGA’s stupid COVID rules. Dude has a SIX STROKE lead going into Sunday’s final round, and just was forced to withdraw because he tested positive for COVID. He’s asymptomatic. Why can’t he play? Stay away from the other golfers, stay away from the crowd, play your fucking game and move on.

When do we stop treating it like testing positive is a death sentence for everyone around you?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:02 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Oh. I thought he said ignore it.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:49 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:02 pm

Which is the right thing. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

It's freedom, a business can require a mask, just like no shirt, no shoes. No service.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:15 pm

It's freedom, a business can require a mask, just like no shirt, no shoes. No service.
What’s a business going to do if 80% of their clientele disregard the “requirement”?

I can tell you what they do, THEY disregard it as well....I’ve seen it play out time and time again over the past several weeks in Texas. Bars. Restaurants. Grocery Stores. Drug stores. Athletic events. ALL saying “mask required”. All basically ignoring their own requirement because otherwise, 80% of the people would leave (or not be there in the first place).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:56 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Ignoring a business’s rules is the right thing?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:22 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:15 pm

What’s a business going to do if 80% of their clientele disregard the “requirement”?

I can tell you what they do, THEY disregard it as well....I’ve seen it play out time and time again over the past several weeks in Texas. Bars. Restaurants. Grocery Stores. Drug stores. Athletic events. ALL saying “mask required”. All basically ignoring their own requirement because otherwise, 80% of the people would leave (or not be there in the first place).
There is a store in Hopkins where you don't get in without a mask and gloves. Almost all customers have been respectful. A few bitch, but they either do what the business requires or leave.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:52 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:22 pm

There is a store in Hopkins where you don't get in without a mask and gloves. Almost all customers have been respectful. A few bitch, but they either do what the business requires or leave.
I would bet that store is doing materially LESS business than other stores like it that don’t have those requirements. And if not, then people in Minnesota are colossally stupid.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:52 pm

I would bet that store is doing materially LESS business than other stores like it that don’t have those requirements. And if not, then people in Minnesota are colossally stupid.
It's sports collectibles and it's doing very well. We had a show today, and maybe 30 people out of the 500 there wore masks. Nobody made fun of them, and they didn't bitch about people not wearing masks. We were there to have fun, enjoy our hobby, and maybe make a few bucks. In the immortal words of Bill Shakespeare, "To Thine Own Self Be True".
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:29 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:56 pm

Its usually not the business’s rules if that sign is only up because of a donk gov mandate.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:09 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:29 pm

Its usually not the business’s rules if that sign is only up because of a donk gov mandate.
Well you said there’s zero reason...

I’m going to put it one on if there’s a sign or if most of the people in the room are wearing them. At this point simply out of respect and to reassure those around me.

It’s just not the big of an ask. Never was.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:18 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:09 pm
Well you said there’s zero reason...

I’m going to put it one on if there’s a sign or if most of the people in the room are wearing them. At this point simply out of respect and to reassure those around me.

It’s just not the big of an ask. Never was.
No mandate in Minnesota at this time, but business can still require mask if they choose.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:33 pm Wow. John Rahm just got bent over and fucked hard by the PGA’s stupid COVID rules. Dude has a SIX STROKE lead going into Sunday’s final round, and just was forced to withdraw because he tested positive for COVID. He’s asymptomatic. Why can’t he play? Stay away from the other golfers, stay away from the crowd, play your fucking game and move on.

When do we stop treating it like testing positive is a death sentence for everyone around you?
If Rahm had been vaccinated, he may still be playing. According to the PGA, he would not have gone thru the testing routine if he had been vaccinated. It's freedom, his choice to be or not to be vaccinated, but the people in control of his paycheck had rules, which gave him a choice. He has to live with his freedom of choice.

Update: Rahm decided to get his first vaccination after learning he was in close contact with a covid positive person.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:33 pm Wow. John Rahm just got bent over and fucked hard by the PGA’s stupid COVID rules. Dude has a SIX STROKE lead going into Sunday’s final round, and just was forced to withdraw because he tested positive for COVID. He’s asymptomatic. Why can’t he play? Stay away from the other golfers, stay away from the crowd, play your fucking game and move on.

If Rahm had been vaccinated, he may still be playing. According to the PGA, he would not have gone thru the testing routine if he had been vaccinated. It's freedom, his choice to be or not to be vaccinated, but the people in control of his paycheck had rules, which gave him a choice. He has to live with his freedom of choice.

Update: Rahm decided to get his first vaccination after learning he was in close contact with a covid positive person.
It’s NOT freedom. It’s FORCED vaccination.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 am

Only about half the tour is vaccinated, how is it forced?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 am

What if he has post COVID immunity? That's better than a vaccine. Did they run an antibody test on him?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:37 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am

What if he has post COVID immunity? That's better than a vaccine. Did they run an antibody test on him?
He has covid now.