Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CID1990 »

I don’t know if this was posted before so I’ll post it now. Kudos to Vanity Fair for some actual investigative journalism. There’s a little bit in here for everybody.

Spoiler alerts: Trump said racist-y things, there actually is a kind of deep state sometimes, and the CCP lies.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06 ... 9s-origins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:14 am I don’t know if this was posted before so I’ll post it now. Kudos to Vanity Fair for some actual investigative journalism. There’s a little bit in here for everybody.

Spoiler alerts: Trump said racist-y things, there actually is a kind of deep state sometimes, and the CCP lies.

bottom line: Trump was right, but because everything that came out of his mouth was construed or twisted to be something racist, the truth was ignored, pushed away, and denied for MONTHS.

Dems inability to be anything but political in this caused hundreds of thousands of deaths. The blood is on THEIR hands.

(DBack, did I do that right?)
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:45 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 am Not sure if anyone has been following this, but basically all of the hospitals in Wuhan are swamped and the gubmint is scrambling to build a few 1000 bed hospitals just to deal with the outbreak.

The conspiracy theory with this one is that it was a leak from a bio weapons lab (or something super duper lab).
SDHornet wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Loaded up on these, among other items, earlier in the month. :ugeek:
Now pull my posts when I state that there is a difference between the cloth masks and N95 (or better) masks. I'll wait. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:55 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:14 am I don’t know if this was posted before so I’ll post it now. Kudos to Vanity Fair for some actual investigative journalism. There’s a little bit in here for everybody.

bottom line: Trump was right, but because everything that came out of his mouth was construed or twisted to be something racist, the truth was ignored, pushed away, and denied for MONTHS.

Dems inability to be anything but political in this caused hundreds of thousands of deaths. The blood is on THEIR hands.

(DBack, did I do that right?)
:popcorn:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:37 pm Wheres Ibanez? Told you Atlas was better than Fauci!!

Neener neener, you ain't got a weiner.
What are you talking, child? :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:09 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:45 am

Now pull my posts when I state that there is a difference between the cloth masks and N95 (or better) masks. I'll wait. :coffee:
Which one did you load up on, preparing for the pandemic. :o
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:52 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:09 pm
whatever one met the minimum requirements to keep the Karens off my back while I went about my business. :tothehand: :tothehand:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:23 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:52 pm

whatever one met the minimum requirements to keep the Karens off my back while I went about my business. :tothehand: :tothehand:
Karen's needed to stfu, next thing you know the anti-mask Karen's started chirpping.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:07 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:25 pm

My EMP-proof 1960 Massey-Ferguson 35 will be the foundation upon which the US rebuilds its transportation sector. :nod:
Sure.....

I got 5 IH's and a JD that say otherwise. :coffee:

:poke:
I have a project JD buts its 90s era so I may have to take out wiring not related to the starter or glowplugs....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:37 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Karen's needed to stfu, next thing you know the anti-mask Karen's started chirpping.
most "anti-maskers" won't say a fucking word unless called on it by a Karen. That's the facts, Jack.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:37 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:37 pm

most "anti-maskers" won't say a fucking word unless called on it by a Karen. That's the facts, Jack.
I still see post on facebook by anti-maskers, making fun of mask. And about not saying a fucking word, they do in Minnesota and North Dakota.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:37 pm

I still see post on facebook by anti-maskers, making fun of mask. And about not saying a fucking word, they do in Minnesota and North Dakota.
Well then they're just pussies. :nod: :nod:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Minnesota Menards

On the same day that the CDC changed its face mask guidance and Gov. Tim Walz announced Minnesota would be lifting its mask mandate, an angry exchanger over face masks happened at a Menards checkout.

Video of the incident was shared to Facebook by Laura Therese, who was waiting in line behind a man and woman who were at the till at Menards in Buffalo, Minnesota.

The man was involved in a heated exchange with the checkout worker, who refused to ring him up until he put a face mask on.

This was before Minnesota's face mask mandate was lifted on Friday. Even though the mandate has been lifted, only fully vaccinated people can stop wearing face masks indoors, and individual businesses are still permitted to require masks be worn.

In this instance, it's not clear if the man at the till has been vaccinated, but either way, Menards still requires face masks be worn by all customers inside its stores.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm Minnesota Menards

On the same day that the CDC changed its face mask guidance and Gov. Tim Walz announced Minnesota would be lifting its mask mandate, an angry exchanger over face masks happened at a Menards checkout.

Video of the incident was shared to Facebook by Laura Therese, who was waiting in line behind a man and woman who were at the till at Menards in Buffalo, Minnesota.

The man was involved in a heated exchange with the checkout worker, who refused to ring him up until he put a face mask on.

This was before Minnesota's face mask mandate was lifted on Friday. Even though the mandate has been lifted, only fully vaccinated people can stop wearing face masks indoors, and individual businesses are still permitted to require masks be worn.

In this instance, it's not clear if the man at the till has been vaccinated, but either way, Menards still requires face masks be worn by all customers inside its stores.
The customer is a turd.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm Minnesota Menards

Gil, are you still scared after all these months? You’re vaccinated. Live your life.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote:Holy shit. Fauci is now using the worst excuse ever. Science evolves. Well no shit, but science also dictates you defend your theory against all challengers and if you cannot defeat them, then you need to rethink your theory, not simply summarily dismiss competing ideas.

One doesn't get to hide behind that excuse, especially when one wasn't following science in the first place.
I don’t think science has anything to do with an obligation to defend theories or rethink them just because someone can debate better

Scientific theories can be proven, not proven, or unproven - based on factual evidence or a lack of it

Every theory surrounding the origin of COVID is unproven. Fauci dismissed the lab leak theory because he had skin in the game as well as on the line

Ha. You fucker. You cut off my segue. :D
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:20 pm
I have been reading through them and while there is no smoking gun, the tone I get from them is that he is a career bureaucrat that enjoyed the role/power that COVID gave him and his entire persona and message was crafted around furthering that image.

Having a boot-licking media helps greatly in that regards.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:37 pm Karen's needed to stfu, next thing you know the anti-mask Karen's started chirpping.
Not my experience. Both sides are loud and obnoxious.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:37 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:37 pm Wheres Ibanez? Told you Atlas was better than Fauci!!

Neener neener, you ain't got a weiner.
What are you talking, child? :lol:
We were discussing who was a better COVID spokesman and I sided with Atlas and you sided with Fauci. :mrgreen:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Another lackluster jobs report that misses the estimate, only 559k jobs added. At least that tops last months paltry 278k. Now that close to
Despite the gains, the U.S. economy has 7.6 million, or 5%, fewer workers from its February 2020 pre-pandemic level.

"Only a few months ago we had expected to see several months' worth of gains north of one million as the economy reopened, but labor supply is bouncing back much more slowly than demand," said Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist at research firm Capital Economics.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/job ... t-may-2021

25 conk states ending the enhanced China Virus unemployment between mid May-mid July, before the 9/11 end date, so that should improve the #s..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Hmm. As always, will have to see if this is actually true, or disinformation.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:Hmm. As always, will have to see if this is actually true, or disinformation.

It ultimately won’t matter.

It is good that there is honest inquiry finally happening, but in terms of actual proof I believe we will always be stuck with two plausible possibilities - zoonotic transfer and lab leak, leaning towards lab leak.

But the CCP is NEVER going to be forthcoming on this and they are already flexing on their co-opted countries for top cover in the UN.

And so where we are now is probably where we will remain.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 am
SeattleGriz wrote:Hmm. As always, will have to see if this is actually true, or disinformation.

It ultimately won’t matter.

It is good that there is honest inquiry finally happening, but in terms of actual proof I believe we will always be stuck with two plausible possibilities - zoonotic transfer and lab leak, leaning towards lab leak.

But the CCP is NEVER going to be forthcoming on this and they are already flexing on their co-opted countries for top cover in the UN.

And so where we are now is probably where we will remain.

:nod:

How do you think they respond if we write down our debt to them by the cost of COVID?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm