Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:02 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 am

Conceal Carry is legal here, but the Liberal Powers that be, won't promote that.
Blow half a dozen or so of these newly brazen robbers into oblivion and things might change for the better....

Just give up your shit and hope they dont' hurt you? Yeah, that's a recipe for success.... :coffee: :coffee:
Sounds good on paper but there's this thing called "the drop" - when somebody else has it, it means you're going to lose your gun too. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:48 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:02 pm

Blow half a dozen or so of these newly brazen robbers into oblivion and things might change for the better....

Just give up your shit and hope they dont' hurt you? Yeah, that's a recipe for success.... :coffee: :coffee:
Sounds good on paper but there's this thing called "the drop" - when somebody else has it, it means you're going to lose your gun too. :coffee:
Ok, good for you. Use your common sense...it’s served you so well thus far. :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:49 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Ok, good for you. Use your common sense...it’s served you so well thus far. :rofl: :rofl:

Indeed it has! I wish everybody had it as good as I do!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I read through a good portion of the early posts. Pure gold.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Protester blocked I94 again tonight. Looks like all were arrested.

Over 600 reported arrest from the I94 protest.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

After trying to capitalize on the civil unrest in Minneapolis this summer, two members of anti-government Boogaloo Bois attempted to sell untraceable machine guns and unregistered silencers to Hamas, an international terrorist group, to be used in attacks against United States and Israeli soldiers overseas, according to a new indictment announced by federal prosecutors in Minnesota Friday.
https://m.startribune.com/boogaloo-bois ... 572996292/
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Alleged Boogaloo member pleads guilty to terrorism charge

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A North Carolina man and self-described member of an anti-government extremist group who authorities say traveled to Minnesota during protests following the death of George Floyd pleaded guilty Wednesday to a terrorism charge.

Benjamin Ryan Teeter, 22, of Hampstead, North Carolina, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.

Prosecutors say Teeter and another man, Michael Robert Solomon, 30, built firearms suppressors that authorities believed the pair sold to Hamas. They also allegedly offered to fight as mercenaries for the group, authorities said.

According to the Star Tribune, Teeter said during his plea hearing that he believed the suppressors would be used by Hamas’ military wing.

“I mean, why would someone buy suppressors if they weren’t going to deliver them to a militant wing?” he said.

Authorities said Solomon and Teeter are self-described members of the “Boogaloo Bois.” U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald said in a statement that Teeter’s “extremist ideologies had moved into the realm of violent action.”

Teeter will be sentenced at a later date.
https://apnews.com/article/north-caroli ... 30878e8a33
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chauvin has been thrown under the bus by his boss, the police chief, and every other police official that has testified at his trial. Looking more like they will get their 3rd degree murder conviction of George Floyd. Hard to say how the jury is viewing the testimony, as they can't talk to each other until the testimony is over.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:27 am Chauvin has been thrown under the bus by his boss, the police chief, and every other police official that has testified at his trial. Looking more like they will get their 3rd degree murder conviction of George Floyd. Hard to say how the jury is viewing the testimony, as they can't talk to each other until the testimony is over.
You knew that was going to happen. They need to have a conviction because they don't want to deal with the city burning down if he is acquitted.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Can you imagine being on this jury? Vote to acquit and who knows what happens to you, your family, your home.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:33 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:27 am Chauvin has been thrown under the bus by his boss, the police chief, and every other police official that has testified at his trial. Looking more like they will get their 3rd degree murder conviction of George Floyd. Hard to say how the jury is viewing the testimony, as they can't talk to each other until the testimony is over.
You knew that was going to happen. They need to have a conviction because they don't want to deal with the city burning down if he is acquitted.
I think they are just proving what a bad apple Chauvin was. All these complaints and he kept his union job.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Anyone remember Cornelius Fredericks?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:37 am Anyone remember Cornelius Fredericks?
Was that in Minneapolis too?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:34 am Can you imagine being on this jury? Vote to acquit and who knows what happens to you, your family, your home.
Yep. NYT even ran headlines on "what we know about the jurors". :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:37 am Anyone remember Cornelius Fredericks?
You don't know who that is?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:25 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am

A orphan in Michigan, that was killed by the staff laying on him. Was he killed by an bad apple in the police department, that should have been fired years ago, except the union kept him in his job. 18 complaints in 19 years of service. People in my line of work can be shit canned after 1 complaint.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:41 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:25 pm

A orphan in Michigan, that was killed by the staff laying on him. Was he killed by an bad apple in the police department, that should have been fired years ago, except the union kept him in his job. 18 complaints in 19 years of service. People in my line of work can be shit canned after 1 complaint.
Nobody knew the details about the complaints and union when everyone went apeshit over this from day one. That 0.1% of the country even knows who Cornelius Fredericks is goes to show how inconsistent people are at what outrages them. :coffee:

BTW, I'm guessing you had to google his name.

BTW2, the first question wasn't directed at you. It just happened to be after one of your posts. Seems like you're a little irate over me asking.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:41 pm

Nobody knew the details about the complaints and union when everyone went apeshit over this from day one. That 0.1% of the country even knows who Cornelius Fredericks is goes to show how inconsistent people are at what outrages them. :coffee:

BTW, I'm guessing you had to google his name.

BTW2, the first question wasn't directed at you. It just happened to be after one of your posts. Seems like you're a little irate over me asking.
I'm not irate, your question is comparing apples and oranges. Floyd was another African American that died in the hands of the police. Law enforcement mistreatment of African American's is a hot button subject, that has been studied with bias proven. Fredericks, also tragic, should get more attention too, but it was a different circumstance, same with the groups of people that point to the gun violence in Chicago that leads to deaths of many African American citizens. Tragic, but a different topic.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Having watched every second of this trial Chauvin is fucked

His defenses best strategy so far has been to ask every witness "Is it fair to say that if someone is pointing a gun at you, or you are in a gun fight, it is not safe for you to render aid to someone that needs it"

They have asked every witness that has testified that the use of force was excessive and should have been stopped and aid should have been given that question

The other thing they have asked every witness is "Is it not true that if you were to resuscitate someone in custody they could become agitated when they wake, and that could be dangerous?"

His team is having circles run around them when it comes to questioning witnesses and getting answers.

His only hope is that, like George Zimmerman, there is a push for an overcharge and he is found not guilty on some technicality.

Not a single paramedic, police officer (Chief, Sargent, or defense trainer) has said it would have been unsafe to start CPR and that the use of force was appropriate. They broke just about every possible policy in doing what they did as far as restraining him.

The defense is going to try to use the "he was on drugs" card, and yet they have failed to even do that thus far. Especially considering every officer for MPD is trained in the use of Narcan. If Chauvin believed he was on drugs and was out because of drug use it is literally his job to use Narcan to revive him. It's also not that it's dangerous to use Narcan on someone not on drugs. Multiple medical professionals have testified it is perfectly safe to use on someone not overdosing.

Call it bad apple (apples as I'm willing to lump those other 3 in with it - especially Thao) or ACAB at this point - whatever makes you happy. What is clear is that Chauvin took steps to make sure Floyd was not going to leave that scene alive.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Agreed, Chauvin is a bad dude and there's no way he beats the rap in this one. He's going to be found guilty of something and he's rightfully going to prison.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:33 am Agreed, Chauvin is a bad dude and there's no way he beats the rap in this one. He's going to be found guilty of something and he's rightfully going to prison.
Not that the state would take a plea deal at this point, but I'm shocked that Chauvin's team isn't doing everything they can to take a plea deal. Every second those goes by in questioning is only making the hole they need to get out of to get a not guilty verdict deeper and deeper.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 am I'm not irate, your question is comparing apples and oranges. Floyd was another African American that died in the hands of the police. Law enforcement mistreatment of African American's is a hot button subject, that has been studied with bias proven. Fredericks, also tragic, should get more attention too, but it was a different circumstance, same with the groups of people that point to the gun violence in Chicago that leads to deaths of many African American citizens. Tragic, but a different topic.
I agree that the hot button is police but I disagree that it's much different. Fredericks wasn't killed by a gang member, a criminal, a hood rat... he was killed by people with authority at a licensed facility. IMO it's VERY much akin, but people don't give a shit about unjust deaths unless they occur at the hands of uniformed police or white supremacists.

Last week a black member of the Nation of Islam and Farrakhan follower rammed his car into a capitol police officer killing him. Two nights ago the news talked about the incident without showing a picture of him or mentioning anything personal about him. The VERY NEXT story was about the capitol riot and they showed at least five still photos of suspects, several videos, mentioned white supremacy and Trump all within 45 seconds.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 am I'm not irate, your question is comparing apples and oranges. Floyd was another African American that died in the hands of the police. Law enforcement mistreatment of African American's is a hot button subject, that has been studied with bias proven. Fredericks, also tragic, should get more attention too, but it was a different circumstance, same with the groups of people that point to the gun violence in Chicago that leads to deaths of many African American citizens. Tragic, but a different topic.
I agree that the hot button is police but I disagree that it's much different. Fredericks wasn't killed by a gang member, a criminal, a hood rat... he was killed by people with authority at a licensed facility. IMO it's VERY much akin, but people don't give a shit about unjust deaths unless they occur at the hands of uniformed police or white supremacists.

Last week a black member of the Nation of Islam and Farrakhan follower rammed his car into a capitol police officer killing him. Two nights ago the news talked about the incident without showing a picture of him or mentioning anything personal about him. The VERY NEXT story was about the capitol riot and they showed at least five still photos of suspects, several videos, mentioned white supremacy and Trump all within 45 seconds.
I'll have to agree to disagree. I see 3 different topics, maybe a 4th that involves news media bias.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:17 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 am

I'll have to agree to disagree. I see 3 different topics, maybe a 4th that involves news media bias.
I guess you probably like to read 9 different articles about a baseball game. ;)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »