Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Playoffs

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:21 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:04 am

Hence why we agreed there would be an asterisk. You pot stirring is sorely lacking 88.
Sorry I upset you Eeyore. The asterisk might not be as big as pre-82 but this season has been a sh!tshow and IMO the asterisk is still substantial and there are posters who would argue against it (BDkkk - Does Alabama have an asterisk next to their NC this past Jan?). You're free to have your own opinion just like you think that Flacco was as good as Russell Wilson. :poke:
True this season has been a shitshow but every contender is playing minis maybe 1 or 2...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:04 am

Hence why we agreed there would be an asterisk. You pot stirring is sorely lacking 88.
Sorry I upset you Eeyore. The asterisk might not be as big as pre-82 but this season has been a sh!tshow and IMO the asterisk is still substantial and there are posters who would argue against it (BDkkk - Does Alabama have an asterisk next to their NC this past Jan?). You're free to have your own opinion just like you think that Flacco was as good as Russell Wilson. :poke:
:lol: Why Eeyore in this case? I'm happy the Hens are playing well. Neither GF nor I are upset by your poking on this topic so not sure why you're poking Hens fans. Seems like you should focus on BDK.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:10 am
:lol: Why Eeyore in this case? I'm happy the Hens are playing well. Neither GF nor I are upset by your poking on this topic so not sure why you're poking Hens fans. Seems like you should focus on BDK.
Maybe I just enjoy poking Blue Haired Hens ... :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SH's Current Projections (Based on someone's mention above about MEAC somehow getting an auto-bid despite the fact that the SWAC has more data available):

Auto-Bids:

Big Sky: Weber State
Big South: Kennesaw State
CAA: James Madison
MEAC: SC State
MVFC: North Dakota State
NEC: Duquesne
OVC: Murray State
Patriot: Holly Cross
Pioneer: Davidson
SoCon: VMI
Southland: Sam Houston State

Likely At-Large Bids:

Big Sky: Eastern Washington
CAA: Delaware, Richmond
MVFC: North Dakota, South Dakota State

Need Help:

Big Sky: UC Davis
CAA: Villanova
MVFC: SW Missouri State
OVC: Jacksonville State, Austin Peay
SoCon: E. TN State, Mercer
Southland: Incarnate Word, Nicholls State
SWAC*: AR-Pine Bluff, Jackson State

*That's if the SWAC doesn't bother with a bowl game, as I've seen a hint for. If they don't, and the NCAA grants the SWAC an auto-bid, I think it will go to AR-Pine Bluff, which would likely snag an at-large bid away from (likely) SD State. I don't think the MEAC has enough games to get an auto-bid, so if they're eliminated and the SWAC then gets an auto-bid, then I think Jackson State would be well into the mix for an at-large, particularly if some fo those I mentioned in the Need Help section stumble in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think any others are in the conversation, but you guys might beg to differ.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 pm SH's Current Projections (Based on someone's mention above about MEAC somehow getting an auto-bid despite the fact that the SWAC has more data available):

Auto-Bids:

Likely At-Large Bids:

Need Help:

*That's if the SWAC doesn't bother with a bowl game, as I've seen a hint for. If they don't, and the NCAA grants the SWAC an auto-bid, I think it will go to AR-Pine Bluff, which would likely snag an at-large bid away from (likely) SD State. I don't think the MEAC has enough games to get an auto-bid, so if they're eliminated and the SWAC then gets an auto-bid, then I think Jackson State would be well into the mix for an at-large, particularly if some fo those I mentioned in the Need Help section stumble in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think any others are in the conversation, but you guys might beg to differ.
The word has wins against 3 ranked opponents. If the beat Sam, both get in.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 pm SH's Current Projections (Based on someone's mention above about MEAC somehow getting an auto-bid despite the fact that the SWAC has more data available):

Auto-Bids:

Likely At-Large Bids:

Need Help:

Nope.
https://meacsports.com/news/2021/4/7/fo ... pdate.aspx
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Thank you, BDK. That's good news. I still don't know if the SWAC will play ball, but they certainly have more data to go from for an auto-bid...AND for an at-large.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:04 pm

Auto-Bids:

Likely At-Large Bids:

Need Help:

The word has wins against 3 ranked opponents. If the beat Sam, both get in.
That sounds good, kalm, but being Southland AND a recent call-up might count against them. Heck, I'm not even sure they won't fall into the Cal Baptist problem. Can somebody set me straight on that, please?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

4/17 CAA playin games:

-UD (4-0/3-0) @ VU (2-1)
*Giving UD the win over DSU on Sat.

-UR (3-0) @ JMU (4-0/2-0)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Sacred Heart punches their ticket with an OT win over Duquesne.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Is the SDSU vs NDSU loser out of the playoffs?

4 teams have 1 loss, Missouri St, SDSU, NDSU and UND

If UND wins, there is a 3-way tie for the conference title. Either NDSU or SDSU would have 2 conference losses.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:51 am Is the SDSU vs NDSU loser out of the playoffs?

If UND wins, there is a 3-way tie for the conference title. Either NDSU or SDSU would have 2 conference losses.
All three are in.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:51 am Is the SDSU vs NDSU loser out of the playoffs?

All three are in.

Agreed, the only thing being played for in the NDSU/SDSU game is a top 4 seed.

Baring a JMU loss to Richmond the top 4 seeds should be (in no particular order) - Weber St, SHSU, JMU and NDSU/SDSU/UND. No conf should have more than 1 top 4 seed. All 3 Missouri Valley teams have a loss. Two of them have blowout losses.

The way I see it,

UND should get the seed if SDSU beats NDSU.
SDSU should get it with a win and a UND loss
NDSU should get it with a win.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I think NDSU gets in even if they lose one more. Rep alone should get them in with two losses....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 am

All three are in.
The 3-way tie, regardless of NDSU or SDSU?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The NCAA announced the use of host sites due to COVID. I think this announcement (08 APR) is a bit presumptuous, given the shakeups that took place this past weekend, but here they are:

Delaware
E. Washington
Jacksonville State
JMU
Kennesaw State
Maine
SW Missouri State
Murray State
North Dakota
NDSU
Sam Houston State
SDSU
Villanova
Weber State

The NCAA has confirmed 10 auto-bids and six at-large bids. Eight of these will be chosen to host first round games, allegedly NOT to be influenced by schools actually chosen to participate. (So we could theoretically see Duquesne vs. Weber at Kennesaw?!? Yeah, right!) Twelve will be chosen to host QF/SF games. As we previously knew, the Finals are set for Frisco, TX, Sun 16 May, on ABC. ESPN and related networks will broadcast all of the preliminaries.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... host-sites

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Auto-Bids as of now:

Big South: Monmouth
CAA: TBD*
MVFC: TBD*
NEC: Sacred Heart
OVC: Jacksonville State
Patriot: TBD**
Pioneer: TBD*
SoCon: TBD*

*Pending results of regular season finales 17 APR
**Pending result of Patriot Championship Game 17 APR: Bucknell vs. Holy Cross

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... l-playoffs

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SH's Updated Projected Bracket:

I wanted to include Davis for three BSC teams, but I just couldn't. Also, I don't know if they're doing four 1-4 pods, seeding 1-16, or doing 4 or 8 and placing others around them. I'm doing four 1-4 pods. JMU is my top #1 seed. Unfortunately, I don't see any HBCUs getting an at-large this year....

1 JMU vs 4 Holy Cross
2 Jacksonville State vs 3 E. TN State

1 NDSU vs. 4 Sacred Heart
2 Sam Houston State vs. 3 VMI

1 Weber State vs. 4 San Diego
2 Delaware vs. 3 Murray State

1 SDSU vs. 4 Monmouth
2 North Dakota vs. 3 E. Washington

If this pans out, I see:

JMU d. Holy Cross
Jax State d. E TN State (JMU d. Jax State)

NDSU d. Sacred Heart
Sam Houston State d. VMI (NDSU d. Sam Houston State)

Weber State d. San Diego
Delaware d. Murray State (Weber State d. Delaware)

Monmouth d. SDSU
E. Washington d. North Dakota (E. Washington d. Monmouth)

JMU d. E. Washington
Weber State d. NDSU

JMU d. Weber State (I want to be wrong about this one, though....)

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:09 pm The NCAA announced the use of host sites due to COVID. I think this announcement (08 APR) is a bit presumptuous, given the shakeups that took place this past weekend, but here they are:

Delaware
E. Washington
Jacksonville State
JMU
Kennesaw State
Maine
SW Missouri State
Murray State
North Dakota
NDSU
Sam Houston State
SDSU
Villanova
Weber State

The NCAA has confirmed 10 auto-bids and six at-large bids. Eight of these will be chosen to host first round games, allegedly NOT to be influenced by schools actually chosen to participate. (So we could theoretically see Duquesne vs. Weber at Kennesaw?!? Yeah, right!) Twelve will be chosen to host QF/SF games. As we previously knew, the Finals are set for Frisco, TX, Sun 16 May, on ABC. ESPN and related networks will broadcast all of the preliminaries.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... host-sites

So I'm totally confused by these host sites...does that mean each qrt of the bracket is hosted by one school?

So for instance per the Hero sports bracket Weber is the 4th seed and plays SDSU in Ogden and the other game is Richmond vs Sacred Heart. Is the Richmond vs Sacred Heart game also in Ogden?

Totally confused here (not difficult) so could someone explain it to me? Please and thank you.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Ryan: I think we'll have to wait for the Selection Show 0830 PT 18 APR on ESPNU.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I've already crowned The Citadel as FCS National Champions. The FCS playoffs will be the equivalent of the NIT in college basketball. :kisswink:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:47 pm I've already crowned The Citadel as FCS National Champions. The FCS playoffs will be the equivalent of the NIT in college basketball. :kisswink:
:rofl:

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

That may be so, 88, but I'll STILL consider the FBS National Champion (whoever it is) WAY better than the FBS National Champion....

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:41 pm SH's Updated Projected Bracket:

I wanted to include Davis for three BSC teams, but I just couldn't. Also, I don't know if they're doing four 1-4 pods, seeding 1-16, or doing 4 or 8 and placing others around them. I'm doing four 1-4 pods. JMU is my top #1 seed. Unfortunately, I don't see any HBCUs getting an at-large this year....

1 JMU vs 4 Holy Cross

1 SDSU vs. 4 Monmouth

If this pans out, I see:

JMU d. Holy Cross

NDSU d. Sacred Heart

Weber State d. San Diego

Monmouth d. SDSU

JMU d. E. Washington
Weber State d. NDSU

-You do know ETSU just lost to Mercer, has zero chance of getting the So-Con AQ , or at 4-2 in the So-Con with no game Sat, virtually no chance an At-Large for that matter?
-You do know that JSU has clinched the OVC, Murray St has lost back to back OVC games, and has virtually no chance at an at large out of the OVC?
-You do know that all Davidson has to do to clinch the Pioneer is beat winless Stetson?

You have:
1st round HC @ JMU (plane trip)
VMI @ SHSU (plane trip).
Murray State @ UD (plane trip)
Sacred Heart @ NDSU (plane trip)
Monmouth @ SDSU (plane trip)
:suspicious:

-VMI and JMU 57 miles apart
-Sacred Heart and HC 113 miles apart
-UD and Monmouth are 123 miles apart
-VMI and Davidson 220 miles apart.
-JMU and Davidson 274 miles aoart

Yet you act as if geography means nothing to the NCAA. How drunk were you when you posted this?
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSUDuo
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Missouri State University

Post by MSUDuo »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:40 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:41 pm SH's Updated Projected Bracket:

1 JMU vs 4 Holy Cross

1 SDSU vs. 4 Monmouth

If this pans out, I see:

JMU d. Holy Cross

NDSU d. Sacred Heart

Weber State d. San Diego

Monmouth d. SDSU

JMU d. E. Washington
Weber State d. NDSU

-You do know ETSU just lost to Mercer, has zero chance of getting the So-Con AQ , or at 4-2 in the So-Con with no game Sat, virtually no chance an At-Large for that matter?
-You do know that JSU has clinched the OVC, Murray St has lost back to back OVC games, and has virtually no chance at an at large out of the OVC?
-You do know that all Davidson has to do to clinch the Pioneer is beat winless Stetson?

You have:
1st round HC @ JMU (plane trip)
VMI @ SHSU (plane trip).
Murray State @ UD (plane trip)
Sacred Heart @ NDSU (plane trip)
Monmouth @ SDSU (plane trip)
:suspicious:

-VMI and JMU 57 miles apart
-Sacred Heart and HC 113 miles apart
-UD and Monmouth are 123 miles apart

Yet you act as if geography means nothing to the NCAA. How drunk were you when you posted this?
:lol: :lol: :lol: