The China Thread

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

The China Thread

Post by UNI88 »

With the Biden Administration's close ties to China, a thread on China's influence and methods seems appropriate.

Estonia warns of "silenced world dominated by Beijing"
"Implementing China's foreign policy doctrine, or creating a 'community of common destiny,' will lead to a silenced world dominated by Beijing. Faced with growing confrontation with the West, China's main goal is to create a divide between the United States and Europe."
But throughout the 2010s, Estonia grew increasingly wary of Beijing's use of economic coercion for geopolitical ends, its cyber espionage, and its growing partnership with Russia.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The China Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

Sleepy joe just can’t bring himself to condemn China’s Muslim purge....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

We'll prevail over the Chinese because they don't have our greatest strength, diversity.

Checkmate, Chicoms.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:26 pm We'll prevail over the Chinese because they don't have our greatest strength, diversity.

Checkmate, Chicoms.
I don't know about that. General Tso is a fierce warrior.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Olympics: Calls grow to relocate 2022 Beijing Winter Games
“In regards to the Olympics, we continue to be very, very vocal in standing up for human rights around the world and calling out human rights abuses, as I have personally in the past directly with Chinese leadership, among many others,” Trudeau told reporters during his daily press briefing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I’ll check with my peeps for an official party statement.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm Sleepy joe just can’t bring himself to condemn China’s Muslim purge....
Pfft! Cultural differences is all it is.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 pm
Pwns wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:26 pm We'll prevail over the Chinese because they don't have our greatest strength, diversity.

Checkmate, Chicoms.
Love his spicy chicken tho. :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:22 pm I’ll check with my peeps for an official party statement.
Well played. :lol: :notworthy:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:29 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Love his spicy chicken tho. :nod:
It's the best. It truly brings his family honor.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:31 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:22 pm I’ll check with my peeps for an official party statement.
Well played. :lol: :notworthy:
:nod: Nice work Kalmrade!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 pm Olympics: Calls grow to relocate 2022 Beijing Winter Games
“In regards to the Olympics, we continue to be very, very vocal in standing up for human rights around the world and calling out human rights abuses, as I have personally in the past directly with Chinese leadership, among many others,” Trudeau told reporters during his daily press briefing.
Posturing. We already know that the Olympic Committee does not care about anything outside of who is sending them "gifts".
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:08 am
Posturing. We already know that the Olympic Committee does not care about anything outside of who is sending them "gifts".
Is that as true of the Canuck Olympic Committee?

The CCP does not like bad press and it will be interesting to see how they spin this and blame the US and western imperialists.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:16 am

Worse in the Canucks. Way worse.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:16 am

The CCP does not like bad press and it will be interesting to see how they spin this and blame the US and western imperialists.
Trudeau is as spineless as an amoeba but I am willing to give the COC the benefit of the doubt. I have more faith in them than the IOC as they have shown in the past that they will brush everything under the rug until after that particular season's games are over. The games are less than a year away, who could host it in this short of time? Being realistic, at worst nothing will happen and at best China will get a slap on the wrist and informed that they might lose their chance to host more games unless they clean up their act.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Moderator Kitteh,

Please see the thread titled, “CHINA” that I started in 2020 and redirect accordingly.

kthxbye

CID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Capn Cat might've started the original China thread but to be fair it might've just been to troll Sin Tax Air.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:17 am Moderator Kitteh,

Please see the thread titled, “CHINA” that I started in 2020 and redirect accordingly.

kthxbye

CID
Sorry CIDhartha.

Moderator Kitteh, please do as CID asks but only if he posts more frequently.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Family Disappears Amid China's Detention Of Mostly Ethnic Uyghurs
MUQUTAY: (Through interpreter) I was very scared and under pressure. I was supposed to say, my child, you're very worried about us, but no matter what you do, think twice. If you have a complaint, take it up with China. You must trust the Chinese government and the Chinese Communist Party.
MUQYIAT KALIOLLA: (Through interpreter) If you cannot contact us, fear the worst. The authorities have threatened us so much recently. They let us talk to you today, but they are likely to finish us off tomorrow. If that happens, know it was not suicide. Don't stop your advocacy. Our lives and the fate of our family are in your hands.
A KALIOLLA: (Through interpreter) Friends walking past their house tell me the snow outside has been untrammelled the entire winter. There is no one at home to shovel.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Well, if there were any good things to come out of Trump's presidency, it was that he put a real laser focus on China not being a friend to the US. If anything that got the MAGA types on board that China was going to be a decades long problem for the US. You still had folks on the left who, being anti-whatever-Trump-was-for, were still riding the fence with regards to China. Hopefully, they're starting to see the light now as there's basically little change following Biden taking over. If anything should unite us, resistance to China could be that thing.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:53 am Well, if there were any good things to come out of Trump's presidency, it was that he put a real laser focus on China not being a friend to the US. If anything that got the MAGA types on board that China was going to be a decades long problem for the US. You still had folks on the left who, being anti-whatever-Trump-was-for, were still riding the fence with regards to China. Hopefully, they're starting to see the light now as there's basically little change following Biden taking over. If anything should unite us, resistance to China could be that thing.
What does that mean? There were a shitload of good things to come out of his presidency.

Hell, foreign policy alone:

Standing up to China
Standing up to NoKo
Putting the UN in its place
Putting NATO in its place
Moving Israeli embassy to Jerusalem
FOUR different Middle East peace agreements
Out of Paris Accord
Out of Iran Agreement

Need I go on?

But oh, the tweets!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:53 am Well, if there were any good things to come out of Trump's presidency, it was that he put a real laser focus on China not being a friend to the US. If anything that got the MAGA types on board that China was going to be a decades long problem for the US. You still had folks on the left who, being anti-whatever-Trump-was-for, were still riding the fence with regards to China. Hopefully, they're starting to see the light now as there's basically little change following Biden taking over. If anything should unite us, resistance to China could be that thing.
What does that mean? There were a shitload of good things to come out of his presidency.

Hell, foreign policy alone:

Standing up to China
Standing up to NoKo
Putting the UN in its place
Putting NATO in its place
Moving Israeli embassy to Jerusalem
FOUR different Middle East peace agreements
Out of Paris Accord
Out of Iran Agreement

Need I go on?

But oh, the tweets!
Haven't you been reading JSO's diatribes? That was all luck and circumstance.

The focus on China as a serious threat might not be the only good thing to come out of the Trump presidency but it might be the best thing in the long run.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

The last week alone, Russia, NK, and now China have shat on Biden* and his admin. The next 4 years should be pretty entertaining. :nod: :lol:

Oh, and which of those nations would sit by and do nothing if a wave of illegals were to hit their border? :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

This isn't news, everybody knows China is our enemy. The "resistance to China" of which you speak will ebb and flow depending on how badly they're kicking our economic ass at the time.

The reason they'll replace us at the top is because they were planning for today right after WW2 while what passes for "business leadership" in the US never learned to think past the quarterly P&L and the bonus pool.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky