Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote:Oh.
Just saw that last night. Image
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:54 am
SDHornet wrote:Oh.
Just saw that last night. Image
For those missing the connection, this lie was used a justification for impeachment #2.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:41 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:54 am Just saw that last night. Image
For those missing the connection, this lie was used a justification for impeachment #2.
They were going to impeach Trump no matter what. They would have used someone's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend saw him step on cockroach to justify it if they had to.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:03 pm Oh.
Translation "The WaPo: It wasn't our fault, our source lied." And they wonder why people call them Fake News. Moral of the story: If you have a single source, name the source.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Wow.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:06 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:41 am

They were going to impeach Trump no matter what. They would have used someone's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend saw him step on cockroach to justify it if they had to.
Yes, but in this case it's the media generating a false narrative for use in the actual impeachment docs...

...paging jelly on when this was used against Trump in the past. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:31 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:55 am

Let me guess. You havent read the transcript or listened to it?
I literally posted quotes from the transcript.... :dunce:
Which were Fake News from the Fake News Wapo :dunce: :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:04 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:48 am

That's not just a Hillary thing, it's a go to line for any politician any more. Everyone is going straight to the end-times when it comes to anything political anymore. Obama said the fate of the Republic was at stake with the 2016 election (so with Hillary's loss the Republic apparently ceased to exist), Trump starts saying we're almost in Civil War-mode if he doesn't get the election result he wants, and on and on. The Trumps/Obamas/Clintons of the world aren't helping our political problems, and are likely making them worse. But I don't get the sense they really care all that much other than self interest.
President Trump’s relentless effort to overturn the result of the election that he lost has become the most serious stress test of American democracy in generations, one led not by outside revolutionaries intent on bringing down the system but by the very leader charged with defending it.

In the 220 years since a defeated John Adams turned over the White House to his rival, firmly establishing the peaceful transfer of authority as a bedrock principle, no sitting president who [lost an election](https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/07/us/p ... ction.html) has tried to hang onto power by rejecting the Electoral College and [subverting the will of the voters](https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/03/us/p ... orgia.html) — until now. It is a scenario at once utterly unthinkable and yet feared since the beginning of Mr. Trump’s tenure.

The president has gone well beyond simply venting his grievances or creating a face-saving narrative to explain away a loss, as advisers privately suggested he was doing in the days after the Nov. 3 vote. Instead, he has [stretched or crossed the boundaries of tradition, propriety and perhaps the law](https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/03/us/p ... pe=Article) to find any way he can to cling to office beyond his term that expires in two weeks. That he is almost certain to fail and that President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. will be inaugurated on Jan. 20 does not mitigate the damage he is doing to democracy by undermining public faith in the electoral system.

Mr. Trump’s [hourlong telephone call over the weekend](https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/03/us/p ... e=Homepage) with Georgia’s chief election official, [Brad Raffensperger](https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/03/us/p ... orgia.html), pressuring him to “find” enough votes to overturn [Mr. Biden’s victory](https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/07/us/p ... ction.html) in that state only brought into stark relief what the president has been doing for weeks. He has [called the Republican governors of Georgia](https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/06/us/p ... state.html) and Arizona to get them to intervene. He has [summoned Michigan’s Republican Legislature leaders](https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/us/p ... ction.html) to the White House to pressure them to change their state’s results. He [called the Republican speaker of the Pennsylvania House](https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html) multiple times seeking help to reverse the outcome there.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/04/us/p ... Au1SpoTQ5Y
Fake News.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:49 pm
Fake News.
Which ones?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:51 pm
Fake News.
Which ones?
OANN
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:51 pm
Fake News.
Which ones?
All of them that parroted the Fake News narrative regarding Trump's phone call to the GA Sec of State. ABC, CBS, NBC, WaPo, NYT, AP, USA Today, etc, etc, etc.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:17 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:03 pm Oh.
Translation "The WaPo: It wasn't our fault, our source lied." And they wonder why people call them Fake News. Moral of the story: If you have a single source, name the source.
People, that recording does not make Trump look good at all. See https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... estigator/ .
On the recording, there was no “find the fraud.” But there was this: “If you can get to Fulton, you are going to find things that are going to be unbelievable — the dishonesty,” said Trump.

There was no “national hero.” But there was this: “When the right answer comes out, you’ll be praised. … People will say, ‘Great.’ Because that’s what it’s about — that ability to check and to make it right,” Trump told Watson.
I saw reports on the call when it came out. The exact quotes were not correct. But the nature of Trump's actions were consistent with what the quotes suggested.

The Post did the right thing in correcting the quotes based on a recorded conversation. But they took the comments of someone the investigator talked to and it resulted in a "saying the same thing in a different way" situation. The basic nature of what Trump was doing was not mischaracterized. And the Post reported accurately on what they were told.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yes, JSO. The ability to check and make it right is abhorrent and should never be allowed.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:44 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:31 am
I literally posted quotes from the transcript.... :dunce:
Which were Fake News from the Fake News Wapo :dunce: :dunce:
BDS...it's awful in this one.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:23 pm Yes, JSO. The ability to check and make it right is abhorrent and should never be allowed.
Are democrats now against Fact Checkers? We've come full circle!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:17 pm
People, that recording does not make Trump look good at all. See https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... estigator/ .
On the recording, there was no “find the fraud.” But there was this: “If you can get to Fulton, you are going to find things that are going to be unbelievable — the dishonesty,” said Trump.

There was no “national hero.” But there was this: “When the right answer comes out, you’ll be praised. … People will say, ‘Great.’ Because that’s what it’s about — that ability to check and to make it right,” Trump told Watson.
I saw reports on the call when it came out. The exact quotes were not correct. But the nature of Trump's actions were consistent with what the quotes suggested.

The Post did the right thing in correcting the quotes based on a recorded conversation. But they took the comments of someone the investigator talked to and it resulted in a "saying the same thing in a different way" situation. The basic nature of what Trump was doing was not mischaracterized. And the Post reported accurately on what they were told.
Which call was this? I thought the Georgia Secretary of State was a guy? I listened to that entire recording and it’s completely damning of Trump Corleone. I mean it’s stupid bad.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bottom line is whenever you see "according to an anonymous source(s)" its probably Fake News..
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.
The latest ruling came this month in Michigan, where the State Court of Claims concluded that Democratic Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson's instructions on signature verification for absentee ballots violated state law.

Benson had instructed local election clerks a month before the Nov. 3 election to start with a “presumption” that all signatures on absentee ballots were valid and only reject those that had “multiple significant and obvious” inconsistencies. Republicans and one election clerk challenged her instructions in court.
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... legalities
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

They found the fraud!!!!

How did Powell, Rudy, and Team Trump miss this one?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... -election/
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:44 am Lol

:lol:

(Remembers some of the “reasonable” arguments surrounding the election made on CS.com :? )
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Missoula in the spotlight.

No such thing as voter fraud though.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... 69321.html
Its conclusions were troubling: 4,592 out of the 72,491 mail-in ballots lacked envelopes— 6.33% of all votes. Without an officially printed envelope with registration information, a voter's signature, and a postmark indicating whether it was cast on time, election officials cannot verify that a ballot is legitimate. It is against the law to count such votes.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:09 am Missoula in the spotlight.

Its conclusions were troubling: 4,592 out of the 72,491 mail-in ballots lacked envelopes— 6.33% of all votes. Without an officially printed envelope with registration information, a voter's signature, and a postmark indicating whether it was cast on time, election officials cannot verify that a ballot is legitimate. It is against the law to count such votes.
That's shady indeed. I wonder what the political party break down is....is it more Democratic than Republican or what? Or are we going to assume those dastardly Democrats are 100% at fault?

I wonder if this will result in ANOTHER red state doing ANOTHER recount which only confirms the original winner.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:09 am Missoula in the spotlight.

That's shady indeed. I wonder what the political party break down is....is it more Democratic than Republican or what? Or are we going to assume those dastardly Democrats are 100% at fault?

I wonder if this will result in ANOTHER red state doing ANOTHER recount which only confirms the original winner.
It's Fauci's fault! He's to blame for everything.

In seriousness, I know Missoula is liberal, just don't know if they are the majority there. Have a good amount of transplants from liberal states living there.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:53 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 am That's shady indeed. I wonder what the political party break down is....is it more Democratic than Republican or what? Or are we going to assume those dastardly Democrats are 100% at fault?

It's Fauci's fault! He's to blame for everything.

In seriousness, I know Missoula is liberal, just don't know if they are the majority there. Have a good amount of transplants from liberal states living there.
I usually blame the Clinton Crime Syndicate.

Anyone that says there is no voter fraud is an idiot. It exists and you will always have someone or some organization try something. With good controls in place, you can reduce the risk and impact.